Movie Night

Caramel, Maple, Popcorn, Apple, Butter, Maple Syrup, Butterscotch, Pecan
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I just ordered from Whispering Pines and payed 12.50 for shipping for 2 teas. Some would say that is a lot for two teas. I say I could’ve bought a pack of cigarettes with that but I didn’t, I paid for shipping, so really, 12.50$ is a small price to pay for health. My tealux and teavivre order should also be arriving any day now. And then my two swaps. And then the travelling tea box. And I might order from Butiki like now, because well, at this point, a little more/ a little less….

I’m surprised that I was craving this hard. There’s just something about it that I ADORE. I used up almost the rest of it, and packed away 1 cup’s worth in case someone tells me they want to try it. But I might drink that too. Yummy caramel popcorn with apple slices on the side.

whatshesaid

Tea is better than cigarettes for sure! :)

Virginia

Yes! Yes! Please continue to enable me to buy more tea! At least someone gets it :P

mj

A girl in my lab just congratulated me for my “healthy caffeine choice”. Enable enable enable enable

Backlog from last night

I love the smell of this tea – the caramel, the popcorn, the apple.

However, trying to measure it out to make yourself a cup at home, instead of a cup to-go right from a David’s Tea store, is an exercise in paranoia. Did I measure it enough? Should I add some extra because the popcorn is so big? Did the dry leaf I measure out contain any actual green tea?

The cup I made at home was comparatively weak, and all those concerns are ones I had while drinking it. However, I can forgive it almost entirely because of that heavenly smell. :)

Ost

I usually try and work around the popcorn to put a tsp in of everything else and then throwing in one of the popcorns. Heh, if that makes sense. xD It usually works for me every time. Just kinda annoying when there are tons of popcorn in the batch.

A sample from Shmiracles, and another one I’ve been waiting to try for ages. This smells delicious, and tastes like liquefied popcorn. There’s no other way to describe it. Nutty, buttery, caramelly. Popcorny? The fresh stuff you get at the cinema, rather than shop-bought. The green tea is nowehere in this, although there’s so little of it that’s hardly surprising. I know it’s not the most refined tea, but it’s damn good. The perfect start to my week off work!

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Probably on the scale with Forever Nuts for its warm sweetness, I think. Just perfect for curling up in bed on a drizzly cold night like tonight (winter appears to be arriving early, much to my utter delight). I suppose we’ll see how much the green tea may keep me awake though—surely it will be better than the black tea I had just before bed last night. What a rotten night of sleep that was! I can only assume the two things were related.

Anyway, I would stock more of this in a heartbeat. Really so nice. So grateful I got the chance to try some thanks to ashleyelizabeth.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I received a sample of this from Allie. Thank you for letting me try this one.

This is interesting. This to me tastes like roasted sugar. I could see how you could get sweet popcorn treat out of this. There wasn’t a lot of tea in this, but it was a nice treat.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I needed a fun pick-me-up tea for the evening. Thank you movie night tea! It really did turn into a movie night though. I watched two documentaries on national parks, but then I followed up with two Disney movies lol. All the while I was on the computer trying to figure out my student loans. Apparently my school never received my entrance counseling verification. Very frustrating situation to be in (especially since halfway through double checking my forms I got booted off the site for “schedule site maintenance”) I guess I’ll be calling at 8am Monday morning to figure things out!

Cavocorax

Eeesh. Good luck getting it sorted out!

Hello.Kiki

Thank goodness everything was resolved!

Finishing off the last bit of this tin—thank goodness! I remember ADORING this tea. It was lovely and sweet, all caramel apple and roasted rice and creamy butter. But recently, whenever I reached for this blend, all I got was a single note of granny smith apple. It still SMELLED delicious, but was overpoweringly tart.

Actually grabbed a cup of this before going to see The Wolf on Wall Street. Another amazing tea from David’s. I love how well the flavours complement each other and it accentuates the green tea. Cozy warm and comforting tea that I can’t wait to enjoy over my 12 day wild rose cleanse and after too of course!

I was very curious about this one. It smells like caramel popcorn!

I put a little bit more that 2 t.s. because I wanted to taste it well.

Guess what? It tastes like caramel popcorn too! It’s toasty, nice and just enough sweet. I like that the caramel note is present but not overpowering.

I’ll definately buy more of that!!!

I most definitely will be purchasing this in the near future. When I went in the store recently, I completely fell in love with the smell of this tea. It has a slight caramel-like scent mixed with a bit of saltyness from the popcorn (and it tastes exactly the same.) But was already buying enough tea as it was.. so after trying it, I fell even more in love with it (which I didn’t know was possible at the time) and have yet to return to the store to purchase it for myself. This tea just makes me want to cozy up next to a fire, read a good novel, and sip away. The mix of sweet and salty is just amazing. And it almost has this smoothness to it when you drink it. It reminds me a lot of mixing caramel popcorn with a white cheddar popcorn. Anyway, I hope you find this description helpful and try it out for yourself!