Movie Night

Caramel, Maple, Popcorn, Apple, Butter, Maple Syrup, Butterscotch, Pecan
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had trouble believing this was green tea… I also had troubling resisting the urge to just eat the tea out of the bag! I don’t think the popcorn pieces ever made it to the teapot though :P

It’s a great tea and has an apple-y sweet flavor, however the green tea leaves make it kind of astringent. Just be sure not to burn them when you steep it, and steep it for only 4 minutes and it will be fine :)

I just love this green tea. It’s sweet and full, and it looks just great. It even resteeps well, which is a big deal for me. I break it out when I need an easy, familiar, and not overly complicated tea to accompany my movie-watching and reading.

what can I say? this tastes like popcorn. it’s very odd. definitely a thing you have to be in the mood for.

I highly recommend this tea to anyone and everyone. Dry it smells just like it sounds, sweet and buttery and it tastes the same. It is absolutely delcious with a very buttery and caramel taste and a hint of apple. It feels like you are at the movies or at a carnival but in a tea! Spectacular.

The first time I tried this, I noticed a metallic aftertaste and thought, “TWO THUMBS DOWN!” because I’m funny like that. I wrote it off for a long time, but then took it upon myself to try it again recently, and… yeah, I’m pretty sure the aftertaste thing was my own damn fault. Steep this one appropriately, or pay the price. When it’s done right, it’s a fun, caramel-corn blend that suits me when I’m in a wacky mood.

I was honestly not sure & thought it was too weird for me, the apple & maple with popcorn seemed unlikely. I tried it anyway and I really enjoyed it. It was a surprising win.

170 °F / 76 °C

I have to say the first time I tried this tea is when it was launched and it was marketed and packaged in a cute little movie theatre popcorn type container, I bought the package and a tea to go.(I ended up giving the unopened package away) I took one sip and really couldn’t even stomach it. I literally thought I was going to be sick then I found out it was going to be added to their permanent collection. I couldn’t believe it. Well, I went in to pick up one of my favourite teas today and thought I would give it another try so got a tea to go. I took about four sips after I got to the lower level of the mall and decided I HAD to go back and buy more. I actually really enjoyed it and came home and immediately made another cup. I thoroughly enjoyed this and am glad that I did give it another try. I suppose just like I always tell my children always keep an open mind and if you do not like something one day try it again another. Our tastes do change. If it wasn’t so late I would be making another cup right now. A keeper. Movie Night, I am sorry I misjudged you.

I absolutely love how this smells like kettle corn. My only complaint is that the apple takes over the taste of this blend just a little too much. I’m gonna try blending it with a genmaicha of some kind. I have a gyokuro genmaicha and a genmai hojicha coming my way!

Usually I’m not a huge fan of green tea, but Movie Night is absolutely divine. I love the smell of popcorn and when brewed right it is absolutely delicious. This one is a must for anyone skeptical of green tea, and one of the few teas I would consider ordering online.

tasty and a bit odd. I love the creamy scent and I get happy every time I brew a cup