Movie Night

Caramel, Maple, Popcorn, Apple, Butter, Maple Syrup, Butterscotch, Pecan
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It is with a heavy heart that I drink this one for the last time, until I get into DAVIDsTEA for somemore, but there are so many teas to try before I race back to this one, green teas are not my first choice for tea.

The flavour of this one gets me every time, the scent of popcorn and candied apples is enough to make me want to savour a really good book while sipping this or turn on Netflicks and watch The Notebook for the billionth time…

Mmm, I wish I could have more, but I’ll just have to wait until I can get a ride into DAVIDsTEA. Soon, Soon…

Jenn

I LOVE me some Movie Night :)

MaddHatter

No kidding! and this one I bought without tasting first!

MaddHatter

Jenn you would have gotten a kick out of me today, I was in DAVIDsTEA and this lady was himming and hawwing about a sample for her Husband. I looked at her and said: “It is sooooo good, SO GOOD! You have, HAVE to get a small bit to try” The guy behind the counter laughed and said: “She is a loyal customer, and you know what they say about loyal” … My friends quip: “We’re only slightly biased.” sigh, but she bought some!

Jenn

I wish I could have seen that! I also wish I could actually visit a David’s Tea store and one day be recognized as a loyal customer. You’re living the dream my friend. I’ve already told whomever tweets for David’s that if they open a shop in Los Angeles, I promise to support them on my tea habit alone. AND I’ll happily work for tea :)

I don’t know if this is more of a review of this tea or a rave review of my timolino. I brewed this up at eight am yesterday, sealed it in the timilino and forgot about it. When I finally got to it at seven pm it was still warm. Not piping hot, but warm and definitely drinkable. I don’t love to brew in the timolino, but it does great things with my brewed up teas I seal in there.

As for the tea, apple-y goodness as always. I love the touch of popcorn and the green tea peaking through. A fun tea with a unique taste!

Having another cup of this so-called tea (seriously cannot see any tea leaves) and I seem to be liking it taste-wise less and less. Perhaps the novelty has worn off.

This tea smelled wonderful dry, but when it was brewed….A muddled mess of complicated and uninteresting flavors. Not My “Cup Of Tea” I guess ;)

Bonnie

That’s perfectly ok. That’s what samples are all about.

I’m almost at the very end of the bag. And I only just tried this iced! It’s really good iced! Now I’m sad I didn’t get more in the order that’s its way to me. Still nice and apply, with hints of caramely goodness and popcorn. Very tasty.

The tea has bits of popcorn inside and it smells like caramel popcorn! My apologies to the tea purists but I always add a little bit of sugar because it makes the flavors pop. It tastes a lot like it smells, with fruity undertones and the rich smell of just popped popcorn.

This is going on my to-buy list! Thank you to Ali for sending this delicious sample!

Suziqzer

Sounds like an interesting pick.
I’m a sugar adder too… :) I think because my mom always served it to us with sugar and milk. I can usually forgo the milk/cream, but the sugar almost always gets added.

Backlogging… I just love this tea! I’m so glad that David’s Tea has made it a permanent part of their tea selection.

No kidding, right?!

I wish it was herbal, because it would make a fabulous edition to movie days with my kids at work!

Seeing this tea name and description, I was a bit suspicious… steeping popcorn, really? Popcorn flavour in a tea, do I really want that?

Then I smelled it in store, and loved the smell. Though I couldn’t recognize it right away, I did when smelling it again after getting back home: it smells like Cracker Jacks! Which I guess makes sense. However, I was still unsure about steeping popcorn…

Drinking it now, all doubts have gone! It is really quite delicious, a bit of a treat (like Cracker Jacks, really, caramel included). It does taste as it smells, as another reviewer said, which is sort of sweet – don’t worry, no salt. The popcorn taste is also there, and surprisingly (to me, anyway), it does work! As the aforementioned reviewer also said, the green tea taste gets lost, which is not surprising, since I could barely find any tea leaves in all I put to infuse (maybe 4-5 in total for 4 cups). As for the apples, they do add a nice touch. Overall, the mix of ingredients blends well together and it makes for a nice “dessert” tea, which I’ll be happy to have once in a while.

Ok, so there are a lot of things I really liked about this tea. There is apple, sencha, popcorn(smels like caramel corn), maple….Needless to say I love the ingredients, the way it smells dry, even the way it smells when steeped. The only thing I dont really love about this tea is………the taste, or lack there of.

I was so excited to try this tea. Flavored teas rarely excite me, but everything about this got me excited. I have tried steeping it for longer, shorter, different temps. Tried adding more tea than recommended, but alas I don’t find that this tea has much memorable flavor. Kind of a weak garbled mess of flavors. I wanted so bad to like it. Based on smell I would give it a rating in the mid 90’s. It actually saddens me that I don’t like it more. However I have noticed some other low ratings for similar reasons. However it does make me want to try more flavored teas. So I guess some good came out of this purchase.

whatshesaid

Have you tried Forever Nuts? It tastes almost as good as it smells :)

Froogle_jimmy

I have not tried Forever Nuts, but I will give it a try when I get a chance.

The first time I made this tea, it was heaven. HEAVEN!
When I made it this morning though, I apparently did something wrong :( Very sad.
If I can figure it out it might be my favourite tea ever. I find green teas finicking.. however, there is hardly any in the tin! All popcorn! Luckily I love popcorn.
All this to say, it tastes as good as it smells and I want to eat it. Be sure to steep it the full time, that seems to make a huge difference.
If you like caramel apples or caramal popcorn, this is the tea for you (without all those nasty calories!)

DaisyChubb

I do that too! Some days it’s heavenly and perfect, other days it’s just weak and wrong. haha

Kittenna

I was going to comment the same thing!