Movie Night

Apple, Caramel, Popcorn, Butter, Maple Syrup
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A very interesting tea to say the least. I love the sweet caramel popcorn flavor mixed with the apple and maple but I agree that the tea itself is a bit underwhelming in the flavor department. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this tea and would recommend it to any lover of movies, popcorn or both! It is at least worth a try and please don’t let the light flavor scare you away as you can just add more tea to bolster the flavor or steep a tad bit longer. This seemed to do the trick for me. Sweet and satisfying!

Not so sure about this one, I know everyone all seems to love it but.. Something with the smell and taste is really bugging me… And It is way too sweet for me and i’m only seeing like 2 tiny little piece of green tea in it…:S

Made me realise that I prefer sweet tea with fruit flavor rather then just maple or caramel or chocolate taste… Well I’ll keep that in mind until I find a sweet tea ( not a fruity one) I really like.

Mercuryhime

I thought it was too sweet too. Though I still enjoyed it. You can probably use it fir mixing with teas that need a touch of sweetness. :)

EmyPouliche

I actually kind of like the taste, but the smell is so strong i’m not able to drink , I gave the rest of my cup to my BF… And now i’m drinking a cup of snow bunny instead. Yummy!!!

Picked this tea up from Davids the other day, not really knowing how to feel about this one. I like popcorn however not sure how I would like it as a tea flavour (although I do like popcorn flavoured jelly beans). It actually is quite pleasant. It tastes as it smells so if you don’t like the smell, it probably isn’t for you. I’m not picking up too much green tea taste here which is great. Not sure making it was a good idea though because now I have a craving for some kettle corn.. Mmmm…

I tried a cup of DAVIDs Movie Night tea this evening at a friend’s house. She had tried it not so long ago and was really impressed, so when she asked me what tea I wanted to try from her cupboard, I immediately asked for a cup of Movie Night. The fact that this tea contains popcorn is really what drew me in.

This is one of those flavors that you really can’t describe and are really surprised to find in a cup of tea. It really does taste like buttered popcorn! Adding this to my shopping list immediately and searching for other teas with bizarre ingredients!

What the heck?
I definitely wrote a note for this. But where did it go?!
This has been a love of mine since discovering DT… why? Here are my reasons:
1. I love popcorn
2. I love caramel
3. I love caramel popcorn
4. I love caramel apples
This tea features all of these delightful flavours and more! .. such as maple syrup. Let’s not get sidetracked by that though.
I iced mine, added a bit of raw sugar and some salt. This beats any juice I’ve ever had, and hence why I love tea.

Iced 8 min or more

Unique, amazing taste. The maple really stands out. Would’ve been nice to have a little more tea in it though (I think I would’ve given it 100). The popcorn taste is also so good. Best consumed when hot.

I had tried this in store a couple of months ago and it was very weak — as in not strong. I saw the potential, however. I bought 25g and have thoroughly enjoyed the 4 cups I had (all in the past day). The fourth time I made it into a latte with a teaspoon of agave.

WAIT WHAAAAT? What have I just consumed? The greatest thing ever? Yes, most definitely. Must buy 200g (there’s a first time for everything).

EDIT: Assuming anyone actually reads my logs, you may have noticed that tea lattes are my favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE straight teas and trying new ones but nothing makes me feel better than a great tea latte.

Lynne-tea

I love this as an iced tea with a bit of salt (weird I know) and some brown sugar. Tastes like caramel kettle corn!

This is one of the last teas I snagged in store (in a small quantity) before I moved out of Canada.

Dry Leaves: smells like buttery, popcorn.. a little fruity. Oddly, I shuffle around and don’t see much popcorn, just a few smashed bumps. Mostly just apple pieces.. lots of apple pieces. A little bit of green tea. I tried to make a 2tsp full that had more popcorn and green tea. I could see I about used all the popcorn and my next cups will be pure apple. I sneaked a cup before reviewing this and I got pure apple.

Steeped: Pear colour, light green tea colour. Smells a little caramelly apple.

Taste: Mild – Buttery, slight caramel and apple taste. A little sweet. Backburner: green tea. The flavours are balanced nicely and go together well. Absolutely no tart.
Reminds me of those popcorn balls I’d get at halloween (from a neighbour, home made and lots of begging to eat during the candy check).

Recommend: If you like popcorn teas – like genmaicha, try this. Also if you like sweeter teas. I’d recommend to buy online (or see if you are getting the first few purchases from that batch in store) to ensure you get an optimal mix of tea contents. This tea has a mild tea taste, so it would be good for people new to tea or do not like strong tea tastes.

My Thoughts: I got totally burned on this batch. I sneaked a cup before this review back in Canada and it was straight apple chunks (I had to really mix it and dump out to get stuff that wasn’t apple). I’m guessing the popcorn shifts to the top so that goes first. Then there is so much apple in the tea that there is a higher chance of getting that.. and the green tea is the heavy part that sinks to the bottom.
This was pretty much the only good cup I’m going to get out of my purchase, sigh. It’s not bad, unique. I’d love to show it to my tea-hating husband, but alas, I’m out after 2 cups unless I want pure apple tea.
Overall, not bad. I might purchase again but I feel burned enough that I might pass due to hard feelings.

In the mall whenever I walked by DAVIDsTEA the blueish teal colour always caught my eye. I have heard many good things about it so I finally decided to go in it and see what its all about. So Movie Night was the very first tea I have tried at DAVIDsTEA. I was so shocked by the fact that they actually put popcorn in tea – or even popcorn flavoured tea. That was about a year ago. So pretty much that tea got me hooked to DAVIDsTEA.

It actually tasted like popcorn, not salty but sweet and caramely. The apple is a nice touch. Wow Its been a while since I had it, I think I am going to buy some…. in a tin (:

This is a novelty as it does not contain much green tea. It’s really good and buttery, and tastes like caramel. It’s quite likeable.

Maxime-Daniel Friðrikson

That one is almost an Herbal Tea. But it’s such a great one.

Mélissa

I know… my tin is almost empty! Needs moaaar :D

This was ok!! at first, the smell and lingering caramel flavour captivated me more than I should have let it… because by the time the cup had cooled it was not quite as enchanting.
Still, I’m thrilled to have liked it more than I expected.
Also, I was somewhat disappointed to see very little actual tea. This is very much a tisane! I really doubt that it could keep me awake like the description says. False advertising I say! Not that I mind… I’m just sayin…