Movie Night

Apple, Butter, Maple Syrup, Butterscotch, Pecan, Caramel, Popcorn
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A new tradition

This popcorn tea is better than the real thing. First of all, it has no calories. Second of all, it’s sweetened with maple and apple. Third of all, it has green tea, which studies (well, ok, experience) say is the ideal brew for keeping you quietly alert throughout a late-night flick. Great for thrillers, dramas, westerns or comedies. Drink it at home or smuggle it into the theatre.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a very peculiar tea. It doesn’t taste like popcorn, not really. But it does have this slight buttery taste that is particularly odd and yet somehow delicious.
The taste is most reminiscent of eggo waffles with ‘syrup’.

Don’t let the peculiar taste descriptions put you off though, it is not at all overpowering. Overall it is just softly sweet, with a interesting back note.

Also, the green tea is almost undetectable, partially because there is very little of it in the mix (compared with the chunks of dried apple). Thus this is a good tea for individuals who like herbals, but who are looking to ease into flavored green teas.

I just upgraded this to a rainbow tin rather than the DT bag because it’s now becoming a staple. It smells like popcorn, tastes like apple with notes of buttery goodness, my taste buds can’t quite figure this one out but MAN I adore it! Only got 25g and will get 100 next time I hit the mall.

MMmmm This tea is fabulous! I thought the idea of apple and popcorn was strange…I adore them both and love apple cider based teas like Mom’s apple pie from DT, so I sampled a little and then bought a tin. The buttery popcorn is so good and the apple is mild. It goes together very nicely. It’s a great flavored green, and I don’t have a wide array of green teas. Will certainly be refilling my tin.

I’m not sure why I never tried this tea before…I guess because it’s called ‘Movie Night’ and I assumed it would taste like weird green tea popcorn-ness.

Once I smelled it I had to buy some! Seriously, this is one of the best-smelling teas EVER. Like caramel corn, which I LOVE the smell of, even if I don’t like the taste.

Steeped it for about 3 minutes. At first I couldn’t taste that much, but one it had cooled a little…YUM. I was worried it might be too apple-y, but you can’t really taste the apple much. Just the caramel-corn-ness, which I actually really like in tea form. No milk, so sugar. Definitely going to be getting this one again!

Popcorn? And green tea? What?
Ended up having a caramel-esque flavor that was absolutely delicious. Recommended.

This tea is so yummy! My fiance and I were having a Leo DiCaprio movie night last week and i thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try some of my new teas. I started with the movie night. and i never moved passed it i must have brewed four or so cups! I love the apple and maple combo, and for some reason i think the popped popcorn in the bag is hilarious. Its also very visually appealing. I would definitely give this tea a shot if i were you.

My new favorite!!! It tastes very nostalgic but I cannot pinpoint why. It’s a light apple cinnamon flavor with a nice buttery popcorn note.

I got this as a to go cup today while I was at David’s Tea… it smells and tastes just like popcorn. I think I can even taste the butter. So as I sip my buttered popcorn I think… “I should not like this,” yet I do. The first sip was amazing and as it has cooled I seem to like it a little less. It is still good, it is just that the saltiness comes out more as it has cooled. I don’t know if I would buy 50g but I would definitely consider adding some to my stash.

I’ve been drinking tea my whole life, but have only recently started the loose leaf teas. I never knew there was so much variety! So I apologize for my noobie-ness.
I loved the smell of this tea when dry – so good. I’m actually not a big fan of popcorn-flavored foods, especially Jelly Belly jelly beans. But this tea has got me hooked!
I tried it for the first time in iced tea form without sugar, and it wasn’t super flavorful (but I’m used to having lots of sugar in my tea), but the aftertaste was strong and buttery, with a hint of apple. I just tried it hot with a little sugar and was very pleased that the flavor increased and had the yummy aftertaste.
However, I don’t taste caramel at all (nor does the package say it contains any caramel flavoring) I don’t mind this, but it makes me wonder if I don’t know what caramel corn tastes like (because everyone else seems to taste the caramel x3)
Overall, yummy and cozy tea! Obviously not for everyone, but you should give it a try!

This is better than I expected it to be. Dry, it has a distinct buttery smell, which I found stayed with it as it steeped.

I don’t find it to taste like popcorn (but that could be because I load up my popcorn with coconut oil and an Italian spice blend), but I do get a definite buttery taste and creamy mouthfeel, which sounds gross, but is really quite good.

As it cools down a bit, I’m getting a bit more of an apple flavour, and less butter.

It’s not a light tea, as all the apple pieces weigh it down. I think I see 2 partial green tea leaves in my small packet of this. It took at least 5g to make a cup. Buy it for the flavour, not for the green tea.