Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Rose Petals, Safflower, Spearmint
Orange, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Random Carpe Diem

2 Images

• “I haven't the faintest idea why, but I'm in a serious "everything is better with milk" mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7 too - and now this one. I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1684 tasting notes
  • “It's the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it's so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a new chapter...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 886 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night's Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, WTF JUST...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1824 tasting notes
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea yesterday led...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love
This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmmm….I love this tea, especially a little sweetened and iced.

I have tried this both ways: hot and iced.

When hot, it tastes exactly like it smells as dry. Citrusy, minty, and sweet! MMMM! I believe it’s the safflowers that make the tea have more of a creamy taste to it.

When iced, oh my, this tea is absolutely amazing! The natural sweetness from the ingredients flavour the tea so well that you think you are drinking a sugary drink. There is definitely a lot of sweetness from the citrus oil and freshness from the mint. If I could drink a pitcher of this everyday…I totally would. It’s a really amazing one!

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

It’s probably worth mentioning that the smell of this is extremely strong and orange-y; when I got it I had a friend of mine sniff it and they practically jumped away. I happen to love the smell, though.

This is yummy! I love the combination of the various fruits here, and the mint adds a little something special. I only wish that I had more of this, or that I’d gotten it a few months ago. It seems like it’d be a perfect summertime iced tea, and it’s highly unlikely it’ll last that long!

After a little bit of experimenting with steep times, this doesn’t seem like it benefits from steeping more than the recommended 5-7 minutes.

8 min or more

one of my favorites. it makes me feel like there are things in my past i need to remember.

I’ve been dancing around this one for a while, and I finally broke down and bought a 50g bag of it yesterday. I love the freshness of the dry leaves, and it didn’t smell like the citrusy flavours would be too astringent either, so I took some home. First impression was that it has a lovely vanilla-like mellow note that I really wasn’t expecting. Kind of like the ‘cream’ part of the creamsicle. At any rate – I like the complex smell of the steeped tea. At first sip I can still taste that creamy note that I could smell, but not as strong as I was hoping. It has some wonderful citrusy layers, but they aren’t definitively orangey, grapefruity, or lemony, like some of the other citrus based teas are. Thank You DT! I was expecting a little more of the apple notes that the sales girl mentioned, but there was none of that. Gooseberries though, I could definitely taste those :) The mint was also deliciously prominent as well which I was really happy about. I’ll have to experiment a little more with temperature, steep times, and addiditives (I had this one with agave), but I think this one might be a great summer/spring tea. I especially want to have this one iced.

Found this in the back of my cupboard and couldn’t remember if I had tried this yet.

Having tried it now i’m pretty sure i would have remmbered if i did!

this takes citrus to the max, i get citrus and i get more pepper than peppermint.

I like this but i don’t see myself buying anymore I guess i’m just not a citrus person.

MTLCynthia

threw in an agave stick to se what would happen and this gets better when sweetened

I’m pleasantly suprised with this one. It’s very, very nice.

Firstly I get spearmint (which is my favorite kind of mint) followed by a nice citrusy flavor, mostly orange and a bit of lemon. It’s so refreshing.

Plus those huge gooseberries are awesome !

I actually was going to wait til tomorow to review this tea because I’ve been writing, but then I glanced at the clock discovered how late it was!
Decided what the hell write a review then get my sorry ass to bed.
Dry Smell: Hmm heavy, complex, kind of reminds me a little bit of the Mulberry Magic tea.
Wet smell: Pretty much the same, though seemed to be a little heavier.
Taste: Mmm. I like this. If I continue to like this I might add it to the order that I’ve been going back and forth about these last few weeks.
I’m not WOWED by this tea, it’s more like a quiet wow. I did have 1 thought though: that it missed having some lemon rind pieces. I did not know where that idea came from, till I read the description for this tea as I sat down. And then I realized that some of the taste was citrus-y. It seems very muted though. I will try icing this next, damn my mouth is watering at the thought.

Another great, refreshing iced tea for these hot humid days! It’s citrusy but not heavy or very tart, and a little bit of the mint comes through at the end of each sip.

I tried this tea as a pop. Big mistake, because the flavor from the sparkling water (kind of sour) clashed with the natural minty-and-citrus-like flavor of the tea. I threw the tea out.

My second try was the pure tea, and it was good. Not great, and it had a little bit of curry undernotes I think. None of the flavors really shined. It was a muddled tea with neither the mint or the citrus coming out strongly, yet strangely both were present in my mouth.

This is a good balanced tea. It’s a bit tart, a bit sweet and a bit minty.