Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Orange Oil, Rose Petals, Safflower, Spearmint
Citrus, Apple, Berry, Floral, Spearmint, Tangy, Tart, Creamy, Grapefruit, Mint, Burnt, Dandelion, Earth, Flowers, Honey, Fruity, Orange, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet, Bitter, Citrus Fruits, Citrusy, Sour, Summer, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Fay

3 Images

• “I haven’t the faintest idea why, but I’m in a serious “everything is better with milk” mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 3364 tasting notes
  • “It’s the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it’s so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1099 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night’s Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2463 tasting notes
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea yesterday led to...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 513 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love. This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Vaguely fruity. Only steeps once.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

This tea is good, but not as good as Orange Blossom if you are looking for an awesome orange tea. I find the artificial flavoring to be too much for me, and it leaves a weird aftertaste. I have only tried it hot so far, but perhaps iced it would mellow out a bit more. Or with coconut milk I can see it being really good. But something about the aftertaste and sour-artificial taste makes it less than pleasing to me. i will still drink it, but i probably wouldn’t buy it again unless iced turns into a huge success

Had this tea before bed for a relaxing night. The leaves smell extremely strong, with really high citrus notes. Tasted okay, a bit too overwhelming for me. Not an everyday drink but doable, nonetheless.

Flavors: Citrus

This was a nice fruit infusion, refreshing and light. I liked it, but not enough to write a long tasting note about it, if that makes any sense?

Brewed this one at work… oh my does it smell strong! This is one of those interesting combination of gentle mint and citrus tones which comes off as a ’I’m sick and need a cup of tea’ type of tea, yet it’s not. While I enjoyed this, it would be better if it had some green tea in it :)

I woke up this morning with the slight inkling that I may be getting a cold. I shouldn’t be surprised. I work with three year olds, and it’s November. It’s right around the time I’m due for one.

My spirits were lifted in the afternoon when I received my advent calendar and goodies from DT in the mail. Along with it were my three chosen samples. Here’s #1: Midsummer Night’s Dream.

My SO and I got a strong whiff of grapefruit as soon as the package was opened. I thought this was strange, since there is no grapefruit in it. I really liked how it smelled refreshing, and I felt like the artificial flavour didn’t hit me right away.

I dialed the kettle up to 95 degrees C (203 F) and steeped 2.5 tsp in 2 c of water for seven minutes— though I have to admit I couldn’t resist a taste test after five minutes.

At five minutes, I was disappointed. There was hardly any flavour, and little to no colour. I put the basket back in and waited a little longer.

After seven minutes, I could taste some berries and a bit of mint. The blandness is gone! There’s a certain golden berry element that reminds me of Caramel Spice Tea that David’s had out four years ago. Perhaps this is one of my favourite flavours that I’ve never sought out.

All in all, a solid tea. I’m not disappointed.

I’m going to use my extra 1.25 tsp to make a tiny amount of cold brew. I’m excited to see how it differs.

Fjellrev

Oh no, I hope you can fight that cold off like no one’s business. Your advent calendar should be a comforting companion.

Got this as a sample from a recent David’s order. It’s an interesting mixture of flavours. There’s spearmint, apple and gooseberries mixed with floral notes of marigold, safflower and rose. It’s described as citrusy and when I first opened the package, it definitely had a prominent orange-like aroma. There’s a nice tartness that comes from the gooseberries and floral ingredients. It’s not overly minty but it does have a nice hint of it. All in all, I enjoyed the cup. Not sure that I would buy a full bag of it though. Maybe if it was on sale. In general, sweeter trumps tangy for me.

Flavors: Apple, Berry, Floral, Spearmint, Tangy, Tart

145 °F / 62 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

This smells wonderful, grapefuity. It seems a little light in flavour at the recommended strength, but I did just eat some very spicy food, so that could be throwing my taste buds off. I have never had anything with gooseberry before, I’m just assuming that is what smells and tastes so much like grapefruit. The upfront flavour is citrus (grapefruit/gooseberry?) with an apple background and exactly the right amount of mint to make it all work. I drank it hot, as it’s cold outside, but I think it would be fantastic iced.

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Grapefruit, Mint

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I don’t like this tea whatsoever. I really have a hard time understanding why its a top-seller and fan favourite. It’s kind of bitter and just BLAH tasting

Flavors: Burnt, Dandelion, Earth, Flowers, Honey

Another sample. The dry leaf smells amazing. Dad asked what I was smelling and put his nose in and said it smelled like watermelon. Personally, I’m not getting that. I think what I’m smelling is gooseberries? It’s definitely a sweet, fruit smell. This ended up cooling off quite a bit because I got distracted when Mom asked for my help. I want this to be more flavorful. I think I would like it if it was stronger but worry that this almost medicine taste I’m also getting would also increase.