Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Orange Oil, Rose Petals, Safflower, Spearmint
Citrus, Spearmint, Apple, Orange, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “I haven't the faintest idea why, but I'm in a serious "everything is better with milk" mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7 too - and now this one. I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2172 tasting notes
  • “It's the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it's so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a new chapter...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 969 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night's Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, WTF JUST...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2012 tasting notes
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea yesterday led...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love. This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t usually go for fruit teas, but this one smells so amazing! It doesn’t taste as good as it smells, but still tastes pretty damn good.

Flavors: Apple

6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 0 OZ / 8 ML

This one is pretty interesting. Let me first start by saying that I always add rock sugar to this tea, as this is another one of those teas who’s flavors are brought out by the rock sugar.

Now, speaking of those flavors… the reviewers if this tea are getting all kinds of flavors and notes, but I myself would describe this as simply this: a creamy citrus mint. I wouldn’t call this tea ‘complex’ but these three flavors play wonderfully (perhaps confusingly to some palettes) together, and I definitely can see how the illusion of vanilla is created. The cream and citrus are equal parts, while the mint is subtle. In fact, the way the mint leaves fall in your bag may vary so I recommend shaking your bag upside-down a bit just to get an even distribution of the particles before you scoop.

I like this tea even though I’m not in love with citrus (lemon, orange) flavors in general, but I enjoy the creaminess of this and how the contrast of 3 flavors lets your mind/mouth wander to come up with your own interpretations of notes on this tea. This is definitely one of those teas where I can see my opinion and perception of it changing as I become more familiar with it.

How I acquired a sample of this tea is kind of interesting… I had really hoped to go see this play in Stratford with a friend, but couldn’t make it work financially, so I had to bail on her. I wanted to “apologize” for cancelling, so I mailed this to her and at least she could enjoy the tea. Naturally, before I sent it off, I stole a sample first :|
Now, to the tea… It was nice. Given the ingredients and aroma, it steeped exactly how I expected it would. It was citrusy. What struck me is that (in spite of knowing it is an herbal blend), I was absolutely convinced there is Yerba Mate in there. There isn’t, It just really tasted like a Mate with fruit to me… I wouldn’t buy it again, but I did think it was okay.

I really did not like this tea. I went to the store and asked for it iced. The guy offered to add sweetener because I said that sometimes tea was too bitter or tart. There was way to much agave in there plus it was so citrusy. Sorry, but it tasted like watered down Sunny D. Yuck. I am willing to give this tea a second chance…but I think I need a break after that experience!!!

Flavors: Orange

Herbal Traveling Tea Box

So I had a very intense sweat until you feel like you just had a shower workout today. It felt great, but boy did I ever need an Epsom salt bath after that. I plucked this one from the pile of herbals from the box that I definitely want to try befor sending it on its way. I sipped it in the tub with a book and it was heavenly. Just exactly what I wanted tonight. Comforting, citrusy a tiny bit floral. I didn’t get any mint at all.

That two davidsteas out of two that I already really like. I foresee my money leaving me very soon in the form of a davidstea order.

Sipdown!

Cold brewed this to take on my baby stroll today.

It used to be a favorite, I’m pretty sure I used to make it hot all the time.
It smells delicious dry….

When I took my first sip I was like “hmm, there’s some sort of weird familiar taste in here…”

Then I looked at the ingredients and saw “orange oil” and realized it tastes the way orange cleaning products smell.

Cold, at least.

So, I will drink some of it as I walk but whatever is left by the time I return home will be dumped.

I don’t LOVE citrus teas anymore anyway…except creamy vanilla ones. And this isn’t that.

Dustin

I wonder if Davids makes a Simple Green tea. :P

Caffeine-Free Tea Box

Didn’t like this. Tastes like warm orange airborne. Artificial.
Will try iced next.

A sample from Shmiracles. This has got to be one of the nicer herbal/fruit blends I’ve tried in a while. It’s not ref fruit, for starters, and there’s no hibiscus — the difference! Dry, it smells delicious. Citrussy and slightly sharp — it makes me think of grapefruit. It’s equally nice to taste — spearmint and orange are the main flavours I can pick out, with gooseberry hanging around in the background. It’s a delicious combination, and very refreshing. I can only imagine how fabulous this would be iced on a hot day! This is a sample I will very much enjoy finishing, and one whose absence from my cupboard I know I’ll come to lament.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

So many teas to log and this should be the last of them!

I’m enjoying this tea along with my Oh Canada. Both were cold brewed overnight and both were a success.
Oh Canada definitely has more of a… rustic/darker taste, while this one is so very BRIGHT.
This one works great as a hot or cold tea so I’m enjoying myself very much. It did turn a bit sour, but nothing a small pinch of sugar couldn’t fix :)

Iced 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Something about spring gets me really into herbal blends . Huh. This was on sample today when I went out to get more Grape Expectations. Was in a really good mood so I tried it. Actually it was more I saw “citrus” in the description and immediately poured. >_>

It smells like…. citrus Fishermans Friend. I have a feeling it’ll be good iced. It says there’s mint in it but I’m really not picking up on it. Just the citrus. The sweet, sweet citrus. This would be really good to have around for sore throats -it’s helping my wicked sinus irritation.

Top it all off, its delicious. It tastes…I think…. like how I hoped Citron Oolong would taste. The best part is, its not a seasonal! I don’t have to worry about it vanishing!