Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Orange Oil, Rose Petals, Safflower, Spearmint
Orange, Pleasantly Sour, Spearmint, Apple, Mint, Floral, Sweet, Fruity, Bitter, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrusy, Sour, Berry, Summer, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by faybingler

3 Images

• “I haven’t the faintest idea why, but I’m in a serious "everything is better with milk" mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7 too...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2610 tasting notes
  • “It’s the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it’s so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1042 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night’s Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2355 tasting notes
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love. This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The was one of the teas I bought on my first visit to DAVID’s. Again, I purchased way too much, but I’m almost through it now.

Had this cold brewed for the first time. First notes were a powerful orange, but about half way through the gooseberry started coming through. Most of the after taste is that pleasant sour of gooseberries. We had a gooseberry bush when I was growing up, but ever since we moved when I was eight I haven’t really heard much mention of them so I was really excited to see them listed as an ingredient. Funnily enough, I’ve never really picked up on them in this tea before now. I may buy more of this eventually, but after having it in my cupboard for about 7 months now, I’ll be happy to have it gone for a little while.

Flavors: Orange, Pleasantly Sour

Iced 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

A refreshing taste even while hot. This tea is one that I enjoy on a spring morning. It reminds me of popsicles and hard candy. Can’t wait to try it cool. This tea reminds me of the teas one would serve to non drinking tea guests, making them guess what they are tasting before telling them it’s tea.

Books recommended for this tea are: In the Comfort of Strangers by Ian McEwan, Once Upon A Quincenera by Julia Alvarez.

I sampled this at work today it is a must purchase. Myself and a coworker loved it. Minty , fruity and sweet. The mint is very mild.

Flavors: Apple, Mint

This is delicious. Refreshing and light, with a very sweet spearmint flavor. I prefer spearmint over peppermint any day and this is not exception. I think my next move is to ice this as I think it will be equally good as hot. I will be reordering this when I’m out.

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Spearmint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I will restock this one after David tea sent this sample, happy snow day from NC!

It tastes like Bubbalicious gum.

Flavors: Fruity

This tea reminds me of Sleepytime only better.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This was another tea that I have been very stoked to try, so I picked up a sample size at David’s the other day.

Dry it smells very citrusy. VERY citrusy. I guess that is to be expected when the description of the tea is “citrus-mint” though! I made this tea cold by putting a tea bag in a water bottle with some ice, and then I left the bag in the whole time I drank it.

I liked this tea. I didn’t love it. I still found the citrus to be quite strong when I drank it, and it was a little too citrusy for my taste (kind of sour!). It wasn’t awful though. It was definitely a refreshing drink! I didn’t get any strong mint flavors from this.

So to finish… I would drink this tea cold again, but it definitely doesn’t compare to teas like Magic Dragon or Ginger Pear cold. I have enough left to try making it hot, and then I will decide if I want to purchase more of this. As of right now, I am content with not having a large tin of this on my shelf.

Also, on a side note, those little tins that come in the David’s Tea three packs of tea (like the Black Tea Collection, for example) are the perfect size for picking up enough to sample at home. I will definitely be using this method all the time!

Flavors: Apple, Bitter, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrusy, Fruity, Mint, Sour

There’s no other way to describe this than YUMMY!! I think this is my favorite tea of the moment. I saw a lot of mixed reviews on this one, but I really do think it tastes like an orange creamsicle or an orange julius. It has a prominent orange flavor and a creaminess that makes it even better. Definitely my go to tea when I want an herbal or anything without caffeine.

So I’m sipping on this tea at work… I swear I get to enjoy more teas at work then home lately… Anyways when I opened my sample package the smell was an over whelming citrus, apple, mint. I immediately thought “yep, no way, this is an iced tea”. However being at work, and its winter, the option is hot. Therefore I’m drinking this hot and to be honest its not that bad. My original reaction, based on smell only, was an immediate no, thinking it would be a tart and minty tea mess. I’m happy to report its got a good apple like flavour with a hint of citrus and an undertone of light mint. The smell does throw me for a loop, however its not bad hot. It could of been worse.

I’m thinking for the remainder of my sample I will have to try this as an iced tea and see if I prefer it better that way. No recommendation as for me I personally am not fond of it, based on smell mainly and the taste doesn’t wow me, however if you like apple, citrus this could be great for you.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Mint