Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Orange Oil, Rose Petals, Safflower, Spearmint
Apple, Bitter, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrusy, Fruity, Mint, Sour, Berry, Summer, Sweet, Orange, Spearmint, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

2 Images

• “I haven't the faintest idea why, but I'm in a serious "everything is better with milk" mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7 too - and now this one. I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2398 tasting notes
  • “It's the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it's so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a new chapter...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1015 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night's Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, WTF JUST...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2158 tasting notes
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea yesterday led...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love. This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was another tea that I have been very stoked to try, so I picked up a sample size at David’s the other day.

Dry it smells very citrusy. VERY citrusy. I guess that is to be expected when the description of the tea is “citrus-mint” though! I made this tea cold by putting a tea bag in a water bottle with some ice, and then I left the bag in the whole time I drank it.

I liked this tea. I didn’t love it. I still found the citrus to be quite strong when I drank it, and it was a little too citrusy for my taste (kind of sour!). It wasn’t awful though. It was definitely a refreshing drink! I didn’t get any strong mint flavors from this.

So to finish… I would drink this tea cold again, but it definitely doesn’t compare to teas like Magic Dragon or Ginger Pear cold. I have enough left to try making it hot, and then I will decide if I want to purchase more of this. As of right now, I am content with not having a large tin of this on my shelf.

Also, on a side note, those little tins that come in the David’s Tea three packs of tea (like the Black Tea Collection, for example) are the perfect size for picking up enough to sample at home. I will definitely be using this method all the time!

Flavors: Apple, Bitter, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrusy, Fruity, Mint, Sour

There’s no other way to describe this than YUMMY!! I think this is my favorite tea of the moment. I saw a lot of mixed reviews on this one, but I really do think it tastes like an orange creamsicle or an orange julius. It has a prominent orange flavor and a creaminess that makes it even better. Definitely my go to tea when I want an herbal or anything without caffeine.

So I’m sipping on this tea at work… I swear I get to enjoy more teas at work then home lately… Anyways when I opened my sample package the smell was an over whelming citrus, apple, mint. I immediately thought “yep, no way, this is an iced tea”. However being at work, and its winter, the option is hot. Therefore I’m drinking this hot and to be honest its not that bad. My original reaction, based on smell only, was an immediate no, thinking it would be a tart and minty tea mess. I’m happy to report its got a good apple like flavour with a hint of citrus and an undertone of light mint. The smell does throw me for a loop, however its not bad hot. It could of been worse.

I’m thinking for the remainder of my sample I will have to try this as an iced tea and see if I prefer it better that way. No recommendation as for me I personally am not fond of it, based on smell mainly and the taste doesn’t wow me, however if you like apple, citrus this could be great for you.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Mint

Refreshing tea perfect for summer afternoons! I’m a sucker for apple and fruity flavours, this has it all and also blended with mint for an extra refreshing kick.

Flavors: Apple, Berry, Fruity, Mint, Summer, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

All I can taste is grapefruit. I hate grapefruit. It is like mild hot grapefruit with mint trying to fight it’s way out from the heavy weight of the fruit at the end of the sip. Monty Python comes to mind. The mint is crying “I’m not dead yet!”.

Wow! The dry leaf aroma is potently orange! Like smelling straight concentrated orange oil. The brewed tea aroma is a little calmer but still pretty strong. The flavor is like warm, watered down orange juice. I’m not getting any other flavor honestly. I’d expect the mint to come across more. Mint isn’t usually one to hide. At least I can finish drinking this cup instead of pouring it out like the last two samples I tried this morning. I can’t really say it’s extremely enjoyable though. Overall, I’d describe it as mediocre.

Flavors: Orange

Last of the sample. This one is definitely going on the wishlist, best herbal tea I’ve had in a while. It’s a bit of a pain to brew, because if I put it in the steeper, I’m still tasting it 3 steeps of tea later, no matter how thoroughly I scrub the thing out. So I have to remember to use the tea ball thing instead. Still, well worth the hassle, so good.

This came as a sample with my recent DAVIDsTEA order. It has a nice, light flavor and I think it would be really great in the summer as iced tea!

Flavors: Citrus, Spearmint

I don’t usually go for fruit teas, but this one smells so amazing! It doesn’t taste as good as it smells, but still tastes pretty damn good.

Flavors: Apple

6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 0 OZ / 8 ML

This one is pretty interesting. Let me first start by saying that I always add rock sugar to this tea, as this is another one of those teas who’s flavors are brought out by the rock sugar.

Now, speaking of those flavors… the reviewers if this tea are getting all kinds of flavors and notes, but I myself would describe this as simply this: a creamy citrus mint. I wouldn’t call this tea ‘complex’ but these three flavors play wonderfully (perhaps confusingly to some palettes) together, and I definitely can see how the illusion of vanilla is created. The cream and citrus are equal parts, while the mint is subtle. In fact, the way the mint leaves fall in your bag may vary so I recommend shaking your bag upside-down a bit just to get an even distribution of the particles before you scoop.

I like this tea even though I’m not in love with citrus (lemon, orange) flavors in general, but I enjoy the creaminess of this and how the contrast of 3 flavors lets your mind/mouth wander to come up with your own interpretations of notes on this tea. This is definitely one of those teas where I can see my opinion and perception of it changing as I become more familiar with it.