Midsummer Night's Dream

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

• “I haven't the faintest idea why, but I'm in a serious "everything is better with milk" mood these last few days in regard to tea. First the Cranberry Pear, and Love Tea #7 too - and now this one. I...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1172 tasting notes
  • “It's the first autumn in 17 years that I am not returning to school! I am a bit sad about this, it's so weird missing the first day of university classes and instead working. Ah well, a new chapter...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 820 tasting notes
  • “Finishing up the last of the cold brew as I watch Revenge. Not much more to say other than so long Midsummer Night's Dream. Also if anyone watched the most recent episode of the show, WTF JUST...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1338 tasting notes
  • “This is actually a backlog from a day ago. I find it so peculiar that while drinking the same cup of tea, your own feelings on it can vacillate so much. My initial sips of this tea yesterday led...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 416 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer love
This citrusy-mint tea is refreshingly magical, with sweet apples, cool spearmint, tart gooseberries, orange oil, and petals of marigold and rose. But before you take a sip, we should probably warn you that it’s a bit of a love potion. For some people, it seems to turn regular summer evenings into dreamlike nights of romance and enchantment. Ice it and see what happens. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So many teas to log and this should be the last of them!

I’m enjoying this tea along with my Oh Canada. Both were cold brewed overnight and both were a success.
Oh Canada definitely has more of a… rustic/darker taste, while this one is so very BRIGHT.
This one works great as a hot or cold tea so I’m enjoying myself very much. It did turn a bit sour, but nothing a small pinch of sugar couldn’t fix :)

Iced 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Something about spring gets me really into herbal blends . Huh. This was on sample today when I went out to get more Grape Expectations. Was in a really good mood so I tried it. Actually it was more I saw “citrus” in the description and immediately poured. >_>

It smells like…. citrus Fishermans Friend. I have a feeling it’ll be good iced. It says there’s mint in it but I’m really not picking up on it. Just the citrus. The sweet, sweet citrus. This would be really good to have around for sore throats -it’s helping my wicked sinus irritation.

Top it all off, its delicious. It tastes…I think…. like how I hoped Citron Oolong would taste. The best part is, its not a seasonal! I don’t have to worry about it vanishing!

Backlog from yesterday afternoon:

I got this to-go from the David’s Tea at Yonge and Dundas, and chose this one after also considering their Orange Blossom and Currant Affair teas. I asked to have some agave syrup added, but I don’t think they did, because I didn’t taste any sweetness at all.

Anyways, this tea brewed up a lovely summery yellow and smelled very citrusy. Oddly enough, I thought I smelled a pop of licorice underneath, making the citrus smell even deeper, but perhaps that was the mint.

The taste was mild but tart. I think the strongest taste was the gooseberries, rather than the citrus. The rose was also present, I think. This was pleasant enough overall, but I’m not sure if I’d want to stock it in my cupboard.

Why are there duplicates for teas on here? Why don’t the pictures update in the thumbnails? Why does this tea not do anything for me?

Citrusy.
And just icky.
Not a reorder.

Boiling 8 min or more

I went to DavidsTEA last night while I am in Chicago. Trying this tea…getting a lot of mint, citrus…I’m really liking this tea. Nice and light…the color looks a bit like apple juice.

This tea is bursting with flavours ! From sweet to sour-ey/lemony to minty! This is my favourite before bed tea or cold afternoon drink!

I had tried this tea before, hot, during this past winter and I was a little disappointed, but this time around, I have a new tea to add to my top ten! I think the fact that it is iced this time around, makes all the difference!

It’s so perfect, it has the right amount of sweetness balanced with citrus, lemon in particular, with a bit of orange. the gooseberries add the perfect sweetness to balance the flavours sour and bitter taste from the citrus. Overall, it reminds me of lemonade.

It’s absolutely delicious, I’ll definitely be having some more soon.

There are a lot of things in this tea that, normally, I wouldn’t put together or think would work. But, oddly enough, it does! Not my favourite herbal blend, but one I definitely will be trying again!

“Citrus and mint and flowers. Very pleasant. Good hot, better iced. Refreshing and unusual.” So say my initial notes on this one. I stand by my assertion of its deliciousness. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed this one gives me heartburn, because I’m an old lady and I’m prone to such things. I can only assume it’s the gooseberries. Alas.