Green and Fruity

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So its my first day of work at my first totally full time job! O.o I am hiding away at my cubicle on lunch break because I'm too shy to talk to Ppl still haha :( and I brought this tea with me to...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 822 tasting notes
  • “I prepped this to cold brew for tomorrow and that left me with one serving left. Made hot it is not bad. I think papaya is the most prominent element. There is also a hint of rooibos but I think it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1345 tasting notes
  • “I have to admit after I steeped this (twice) I picked the fruit out and ate it. I'ts kind of nice when your tea can also provide you with a snack. I am fruity, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2168 tasting notes
  • “mmmm...I’ve been trying so many types of delicious rooibos teas lately that I’m not sure why I didn’t like it not that long ago. I think this is my first green rooibos, although technically this...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So, this was the last tea I had today, and it’s a sipdown! Before this one, I had tried the new hazelnut macchiato from Starbucks (GASP! Coffee? Yes, and it wasn’t that great), oatmeal raisin cookie and s’mores from Della Terra Teas, and toasted walnut from DavidsTea. Nothing new to say on those, but I enjoyed them. Anyway, on green and fruity, I have to say I probably won’t buy more of it. It is very sweet and tropical papaya tasting, but I feel kind of meh about it. In sum, I enjoyed the experience, but it’s over now. On to new teas!

Advent Calendar Day 13!

So I had this one iced last night. It is delightful as always. I had a tin of this a while ago, and when I finished it I replaced it with something else. But it is particularly delicious iced, the green rooibos flavour really shines and there is a light fruityness behind it.

Boiling 8 min or more
KeenTeaThyme

I love this one iced! It’s one of my fave summer teas. :)

Sweet Canadian

Sososo good and so different/tangy than other rooibos blends I’ve had from them. I like to drink it with gin at parties :)

I got this iced to keep me company as I sat on the back patio of the DAVIDs store in Kingston a few weekends ago. I just discovered the patio and it is fabulous, shady and cute. It really makes me wish I was spending the summer in Kingston!
Anywho, I asked the girl behind the counter to make me whatever her favourite iced tea was, and this is what I got. I have to say, having sampled it hot, I wasn’t impressed, but iced is a whole different story! Wonderfully fruity and refreshing, it makes an excellent iced tea on a hot summer day!

Dry Leaf Nose: Very fresh and fruity with a refreshing rooibos note.

Liquor: Green/gold

Flavour: Fruity and refreshing. The green rooibos is very delicate so the fruity notes really shine through in this blend.

So there was an incident involving some combination of me knocking the steeper, the bird flying off my head in a tizzy and my yelping. So half of my little tin of it (I hacked my advent calender dude) ended up on the floor.
But i steeped what was left about 2 perfect spoonfuls, in about 8 oz of water for around8 minutes, add a tsp or two of honey, and iced in my noble travel mug. THIS IS DELICIOUS. buying some tomorrow (all I want to drink right now is rooibos

So this is a fave of mine and also a fave of my hubby-to-be. So I occasionally let him choose and mostly green and fruity wins his heart. We had this tea Sun Jan 20 to watch a movie at home. I love snacking on the little treats in this tea perhaps a bit too much. Oh, well, this tea is just a classic with me and him. Such happiness comes when this tea is brewed. From the smell to the taste, this tea is just amazing.

I received this tea as a sample on two occasions.. and tonight it was time to try a batch. I’m not typically loving many tropical fruit teas for some reason. It just is what it is.
Dry: Not very large pieces of fruit chunks.. possibly because it’s a sample. I wonder what a bag of this would look like. Smells fruity. Peachy something.
Liquor: Lush peachy amber. Reminds me of a fuzzy peach. It has a very funny taste for the initial taste.. maybe I will let it cool and taste it again. I can definitely note a fuzzy peach taste to it (did others find it?..) It’s delicious. Except for the initial note. I think that might be the green rooibos. I am not sure though, as I am not familiar with green rooibos. Maybe it will be a lot better iced. Its still good.. just odd.

EDIT: I tried this cold. I regret trying this cold. It was disgusting. The odd flavour took center stage and I really couldn’t find any of the tropical fruit flavours. Really not my cup of tea in any way.

Kittenna

I initially thought I really liked this one (had it in the advent calendar), until I tried a to-go cup from David’s on free tea day, and it was NOT good. Even sweetened it was not tasty. I’ve picked up a small sample to just confirm my lack of enthusiasm for this one (and compare it to some other fruity teas), but suspect it’s not a winner for me…

Lynne-tea

Yes this is absolutely not my tea. I am glad as it is one tea I can definitely say I will not be ordering. We definitely seem to have similar tea tastes it seems!

This was my first experience with green rooibos and definitely not my last! I much prefer green to red when it comes to rooibos. This makes an AWESOME iced tea.

YUM. I managed to get enough out of my sample from TassieTeaGirl for both hot and iced, and both were brilliant! This tea is a sweet and fruity mouthful that is perfect on its own in both hot and iced forms—I honestly couldn’t recommend one over the other. A shorter steep time means a better opportunity for a second infusion.

“Green” tricked me into thinking it was a green tea until I looked it up. Green rooibos! Shut up! How exciting. Also, today was the first time I got to use TTG’s (well.. DAVIDsTEA’s) awesome iced tea method. I’ll never look back.

TassieTeaGirl

It’s my sports drink replacement. Rooibos kicks gatorade’s arse. And so good today, it’s so warm already!

Memily

Seriously though, what the heck is with 32°, Hobart!?

TassieTeaGirl

Told ya it was unpredictable! Pretty nice day though!

So Day 2 of my Advent Calendar.

I Love this, surprising since i don’t like rooibos, peach and am not the biggest fan of Mango and apple either.

This tea is a nice tangerine color and smells amazing.

Tastes kind of like peaches and cream Quaker oatmeal, i really does have a creamy note on the finish there.

Not what one would expect on a christmas calendar but still a nice surprise

DaisyChubb

Man that’s my favorite oatmeal in the whole world!
Nice comparison :D