Green and Fruity

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So its my first day of work at my first totally full time job! O.o I am hiding away at my cubicle on lunch break because I'm too shy to talk to Ppl still haha :( and I brought this tea with me to...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 820 tasting notes
  • “I prepped this to cold brew for tomorrow and that left me with one serving left. Made hot it is not bad. I think papaya is the most prominent element. There is also a hint of rooibos but I think it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1337 tasting notes
  • “I have to admit after I steeped this (twice) I picked the fruit out and ate it. I'ts kind of nice when your tea can also provide you with a snack. I am fruity, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2160 tasting notes
  • “mmmm...I’ve been trying so many types of delicious rooibos teas lately that I’m not sure why I didn’t like it not that long ago. I think this is my first green rooibos, although technically this...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sampling time :D

Got a sample of Green and Fruity to try and after a long, very windy day at work (BC Coast windstorms crazy action!!!), I think this might hit the spot. The dry tea smells deliciously fruity and very tropical… The instructions said to steep this tea for 4-7 minutes, so being cautious to not over steep I went for 5 minutes.

The first smell of cup of tea? Definite exotic fruit! Smells wonderful, good enough to “eat”… So I take the initial sip and I get the slight hint of the exotic fruit, and a very light rooibos taste. Really like this combination so far, and am glad the rooibos isn’t overpowering. Plan on re-steeping this one and letting it sit longer to see how that goes ;)

EmyPouliche

What i really like about this tea is you can forget about it and let it steep for as long as you want and It will never get bitter! It is also delicious as an iced tea ;)

Avrilkira

mmmmm…. That’s something I’ll have to try. Wondering if my kids might like this one too (they seem to prefer the fruity ones)

I keep icing this, convinced that I must have made a mistake and I actually don’t like it. However, it continues to be a great tea. I like the underlying taste of the rooibos and I think it enhances the fruit flavours nicely! If you like a fruity rooibos, this one could be worth a try.

Liked this one because it was pretty much a rooibos version of Davidstea’s Daydreamer. I’ll be sad when my sample runs out!

Not something I’d expect in an Advent calendar, but… Tasty enough as always and a forgivable over sight… Can we have Glitter and Gold next year?

It was a hot one today…up to 38C at one point! I had to drop in for an iced tea as I was just so thirsty. I saw that this was the tea of the day and asked to smell the tea. It had a really light fruity smell and I just had to try it. I was a bit worried that the woody-ness of rooibos would take away from the light fruity taste of the tea. I was pleasantly to find that this tea was not woody at all and actually became more fruity as it steeped. I think this would have been equally good warm. I will be picking some more of this up for the summer to have iced!

Amariel

It’s pretty good, but I prefer Swampwater (from last summer) better. I like this one hot too. It’s one of the few rooibos I like.

Call me nerdy, but I can’t describe how excited I am to be the first to rate and post about a tea!

This tastes like one big mug of nostalgia. I assumed by the name that this was green tea, but after going through all of the greens listed, I had to search it. Turns out it’s rooibos, which I’m apparently learning to love a whole lot lately! This tea has a whole lot of flavor. It’s sweet, fruity, aromatic and I find the color of the brewed tea rather lovely. Now and then, I catch myself looking for a mug of fresh, light, fruitful tea, and I can guarantee I’ll be looking for this on my shelf the next time I get that craving. Simply delightful!

This is my day #2 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

Avrilkira

I too started my calendar early as I leave on the 19th of Dec. for my vacation :)

Ellysa

Oohh yay! Are yours in the same order? I’m curious to know if they are. My friend has sworn off joining Steepster until I’m at the end of my calendar, because she doesn’t want the give away of knowing what’s coming next when she starts hers. But if they’re not in the same order, I might push her to join sooner!

Arrgh, my stomach is absolutely killing me this morning. :( It was a hard toss up between trying a new tea and settling back on an old favourite, but I took the plunge and went for something different despite the unnerving feeling in the pit of my gut.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure about this one. I adore rooibos, but I thought this blend MIGHT be a little too herbally for my liking. I must say, I’m pleasantly surprised. DavidsTea hasn’t let me down so far. This tea has just enough tropical fruity flavour without being cloying. It’s refreshingly different. I have a feeling this would make a wonderful iced tea.

Will I repurchase? Probably not. But I’ll have no issue finishing what I have.

Just finished the last little half serving left in my baggie. I added some jolly jellybean since the flavours seemed similar, and I didn’t have quite enough green and fruity for a whole cup. They’re really tasty together! I’m kind of sad I didn’t try this earlier. I added a bit of agave and put it in the fridge to cool and the end result was sweet fruity deliciousness. It reminded me of kool aid for some reason! I wasn’t crazy about green and fruity when I first got it, but it has really grown on me. The smell reminds me of something familiar and I think I’ve finally figured it out—Quaker peaches an cream instant oatmeal. Yep.

I feel in love with this blend right when I opened the container. The smell become it is steeped is invigorating! It’s a beautiful tangerine colour once steeped to perfection. I could definitely taste the papaya within the first few sips. Sweet, and fruity delightful taste.

The only thing I wish I would have done is had made it into an iced tea instead of drinking it hot. I can only imagine how amazing it would be iced!

Boo, I had this yesterday as my Feb 29th free tea, and it really wasn’t very good :( For starters, I think it was way too weak, and just tasted off. I had them put some sweetener in after I had wandered around the mall a while with it, but it didn’t much help. Not going to downgrade the rating just because of this experience though… still need to pick it up again myself and try it, preferably stronger.