Green and Fruity

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Fruity, Peach, Grass, Green, Honey, Mango, Tropical, Wood, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So its my first day of work at my first totally full time job! O.o I am hiding away at my cubicle on lunch break because I'm too shy to talk to Ppl still haha :( and I brought this tea with me to...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 996 tasting notes
  • “I prepped this to cold brew for tomorrow and that left me with one serving left. Made hot it is not bad. I think papaya is the most prominent element. There is also a hint of rooibos but I think it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “I have to admit after I steeped this (twice) I picked the fruit out and ate it. I'ts kind of nice when your tea can also provide you with a snack. I am fruity, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2587 tasting notes
  • “mmmm...I’ve been trying so many types of delicious rooibos teas lately that I’m not sure why I didn’t like it not that long ago. I think this is my first green rooibos, although technically this...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 353 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

omigosh, now that’s a yummy tea! DT’s advent calendar is giving me a new appreciation for rooibos! This one is fruity and sweet, but not toooo much of either. It’s not a fake fruity taste, just a nice clean simple fruitiness, with a tad bit of tang. Just right. Now if only rooibos had caffeine!!…said the law student :)

BF liked it as well—we might have to stock up!

I know, I know, you see the name of this tea, and you’re thinking something like fruit punch with a green tea base.

You’d be wrong entirely.

You see, with Rooibos, there are two types: “red” rooibos, which is where we get the name “red tea” from, and “green” rooibos. Like normal green tea, this is the unoxidised form. However, this still counts as “red tea”, as it’s from the rooibos plant, whereas green tea comes from the actual tea plant, Camellia sinensis.

Steeped: 1 tbsp in my 2-cup pot. Brewed with freshly boiled water.

First cup: Steeped 5 minutes. Clear.
The mango/papaya taste is coming through, it tastes kind of… odd in a tea. It tastes… a little off. Like I’m expecting a puree or something thicker and not getting it. I don’t even know how to explain it. The sweetness is odd, but I wonder if milk or sugar would improve it. I will have to experiment.

Second cup: Steeped approx 40 minutes. Added 1 tsp sugar.
The added sweetness does add to the fruitiness, but it still just doesn’t quite work for me…. I feel like I need some other flavour to balance the fruit, or else have it either be stronger or much weaker.

Third cup: Actually around half a cup. Steeped approx 55 minutes. Added milk.
Nope. Still not doing it.

Overall impression: Yeah, this tea’s just not doing it for me. Someone who enjoys mango and papaya more may enjoy it, but it just tastes… odd for me. Not going to resteep it, because there’s no point wasting my time on something that, literally, isn’t my cup of tea.

My rating: 65. C. Like I said above, this just isn’t my cup of tea. It’s not bad, it’s just really not to my taste at all. For someone who likes the flavour combination, it may be great. It just doesn’t do it for me.

I got this as a sample, and thought it was pretty good! Like Daydreamer, it is a bit reminiscent of Tim Horton’s Peach Drink, but as I said over on that tea, I like the Peach Drink! I have gone many years thinking that I hated Rooibos tea and it made me gag, but in experimenting a little and taking suggestions from other posters on this forum, I have opened my mind to it. In this blend, it is quite refreshing and soothing at the same time. I am driving up to my local David’s Tea tomorrow, and will be picking some up!

I don’t know what it is about this tea but I love it. It sort of smells like oatmeal, and although I know that’s turned off some people I know, I just love thr naturally sweet taste of this rooibos. One of my faves :)

For someone who has never drank tea before this was a nice start, I had a sample in the store and was instantly hooked. I enjoyed it after dinner when I felt it was to late in the evening to have something else to eat but still felt I needed something. Can see this being a staple in my new tea cupboard from now on!

Flavors: Fruity

My very first tasting note! Upon first whiff of this the first thing that comes to mind is Juicy Fruit chewing gum. Upon first sip, same thing! I just had some Juicy Fruit gum yesterday and the taste is definitely similar. The fruitiness is mild which I like as I don’t like strong flavoured teas. I like that this tea is not overly sweet. I can’t handle a sickeningly sweet tea. I enjoyed it hot and cold. Not sure if this is one I’d always have to have on hand but I will enjoy what I have of it. Quite pleasant indeed!

Flavors: Fruity

Backlog from this weekend.

This one smells fruity and tropical in the tin – it’s not overpowering, but it’s definitely there. I steeped this one and, unfortunately, got so sidetracked that I didn’t end up drinking it after it had cooled down to room temperature. This one is bland at room temperature, I got absolutely no fruit flavor. Actually, I didn’t get much of any flavor.

After I bought this, I thought I’d be disappointed because there’d be too much papaya flavor, and I’m not a huge fan of papaya. I didn’t expect this to have no flavor at all.

Reserving my rating until I can have another cup of this, preferably while it’s still hot.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Not sure how I feel about this… it’s nice enough, but I don’t love it so much that I want to buy more. It’s fruity – I can definitely taste peach and papaya. I like the chunks of candied fruit; I don’t like the “artificial flavour”. I liked the mix of red and green rooibos as a base, though it was pretty overshadowed by the fruitiness of it all. Meh, decent as fruity rooibos blends go, but nothing to write home about.

Flavors: Fruity, Peach

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was enjoyable. I am on a mango kick as of recently, so this fit the bill. It wasn’t overly fruity but the taste was surely there. I felt it was a well balanced tea that may end up on a future order.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea matches its name: green rooibos and fruit. The light green rooibos has quiet tones of honey and grass, but is mainly a carrier for the bold fruit flavors. Mango, peach and papaya make this flavor juicy and tropical, though I will say it would be hard for me to tell this apart from mango fruit punch. As with most David’s Teas, this blend is very sweet and strongly flavored. I will say that this was very tasty iced, and would be a nice caffeine-free alternative to fruity green tea blends this summer. Simple, sweet, green and fruity.

Flavors: Fruity, Grass, Green, Honey, Mango, Peach, Tropical