Green and Fruity

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So its my first day of work at my first totally full time job! O.o I am hiding away at my cubicle on lunch break because I'm too shy to talk to Ppl still haha :( and I brought this tea with me to...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 821 tasting notes
  • “I prepped this to cold brew for tomorrow and that left me with one serving left. Made hot it is not bad. I think papaya is the most prominent element. There is also a hint of rooibos but I think it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1343 tasting notes
  • “I have to admit after I steeped this (twice) I picked the fruit out and ate it. I'ts kind of nice when your tea can also provide you with a snack. I am fruity, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes
  • “mmmm...I’ve been trying so many types of delicious rooibos teas lately that I’m not sure why I didn’t like it not that long ago. I think this is my first green rooibos, although technically this...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

omigosh, now that’s a yummy tea! DT’s advent calendar is giving me a new appreciation for rooibos! This one is fruity and sweet, but not toooo much of either. It’s not a fake fruity taste, just a nice clean simple fruitiness, with a tad bit of tang. Just right. Now if only rooibos had caffeine!!…said the law student :)

BF liked it as well—we might have to stock up!

I know, I know, you see the name of this tea, and you’re thinking something like fruit punch with a green tea base.

You’d be wrong entirely.

You see, with Rooibos, there are two types: “red” rooibos, which is where we get the name “red tea” from, and “green” rooibos. Like normal green tea, this is the unoxidised form. However, this still counts as “red tea”, as it’s from the rooibos plant, whereas green tea comes from the actual tea plant, Camellia sinensis.

Steeped: 1 tbsp in my 2-cup pot. Brewed with freshly boiled water.

First cup: Steeped 5 minutes. Clear.
The mango/papaya taste is coming through, it tastes kind of… odd in a tea. It tastes… a little off. Like I’m expecting a puree or something thicker and not getting it. I don’t even know how to explain it. The sweetness is odd, but I wonder if milk or sugar would improve it. I will have to experiment.

Second cup: Steeped approx 40 minutes. Added 1 tsp sugar.
The added sweetness does add to the fruitiness, but it still just doesn’t quite work for me…. I feel like I need some other flavour to balance the fruit, or else have it either be stronger or much weaker.

Third cup: Actually around half a cup. Steeped approx 55 minutes. Added milk.
Nope. Still not doing it.

Overall impression: Yeah, this tea’s just not doing it for me. Someone who enjoys mango and papaya more may enjoy it, but it just tastes… odd for me. Not going to resteep it, because there’s no point wasting my time on something that, literally, isn’t my cup of tea.

My rating: 65. C. Like I said above, this just isn’t my cup of tea. It’s not bad, it’s just really not to my taste at all. For someone who likes the flavour combination, it may be great. It just doesn’t do it for me.

I got this as a sample, and thought it was pretty good! Like Daydreamer, it is a bit reminiscent of Tim Horton’s Peach Drink, but as I said over on that tea, I like the Peach Drink! I have gone many years thinking that I hated Rooibos tea and it made me gag, but in experimenting a little and taking suggestions from other posters on this forum, I have opened my mind to it. In this blend, it is quite refreshing and soothing at the same time. I am driving up to my local David’s Tea tomorrow, and will be picking some up!

I don’t know what it is about this tea but I love it. It sort of smells like oatmeal, and although I know that’s turned off some people I know, I just love thr naturally sweet taste of this rooibos. One of my faves :)

Yummy rooibos! I got this free at David’s today for their St. Patrick’s Day promo. It’s tropical and lively, without being too bold. I’ll definitely get this again.

Pulled this out of the back of my cupboard before I send it out for a swap. I think this has lost it’s flavour over time. I remember it being really quite fruity, but I didn’t like the aftertaste it left. Tonight it tastes like water, and actually quite like the forever nuts that was left in my steeper overnight the night before. I am getting a little bit of the fruitiness in the aftertaste, but very faint, and I’m really searching for it. If I send this off I might throw this one out and go buy some new stuff because I feel bad swapping this knowing that it doesn’t have any flavour left.

This tea became one of my favourites during the fall. It was just a good reminder of summer as the leaves were falling! Very refreshing and delicious. An amazing blend.

Tried this tea this morning. Not that bad but I won’t buy it again. Smell fruity and taste like it too. Will probably keep it for summer coldbrews !

Lovely tea, only the second rooibos I’ve tried! I made a beginner’s mistake and I used my Tardis infuser for this and TEA EVERYWHERE. I poured the whole thing, infuser and all, into my ingenuitea :)

Light and fruity taste! The green rooibos complements this well. I’ve been having this tea hot but I bet it would be really good iced as well!