Green and Fruity

Fruity, Wood, Mango, Peach, Tropical, Grass, Green, Honey, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

omigosh, now that’s a yummy tea! DT’s advent calendar is giving me a new appreciation for rooibos! This one is fruity and sweet, but not toooo much of either. It’s not a fake fruity taste, just a nice clean simple fruitiness, with a tad bit of tang. Just right. Now if only rooibos had caffeine!!…said the law student :)

BF liked it as well—we might have to stock up!

I know, I know, you see the name of this tea, and you’re thinking something like fruit punch with a green tea base.

You’d be wrong entirely.

You see, with Rooibos, there are two types: “red” rooibos, which is where we get the name “red tea” from, and “green” rooibos. Like normal green tea, this is the unoxidised form. However, this still counts as “red tea”, as it’s from the rooibos plant, whereas green tea comes from the actual tea plant, Camellia sinensis.

Steeped: 1 tbsp in my 2-cup pot. Brewed with freshly boiled water.

First cup: Steeped 5 minutes. Clear.
The mango/papaya taste is coming through, it tastes kind of… odd in a tea. It tastes… a little off. Like I’m expecting a puree or something thicker and not getting it. I don’t even know how to explain it. The sweetness is odd, but I wonder if milk or sugar would improve it. I will have to experiment.

Second cup: Steeped approx 40 minutes. Added 1 tsp sugar.
The added sweetness does add to the fruitiness, but it still just doesn’t quite work for me…. I feel like I need some other flavour to balance the fruit, or else have it either be stronger or much weaker.

Third cup: Actually around half a cup. Steeped approx 55 minutes. Added milk.
Nope. Still not doing it.

Overall impression: Yeah, this tea’s just not doing it for me. Someone who enjoys mango and papaya more may enjoy it, but it just tastes… odd for me. Not going to resteep it, because there’s no point wasting my time on something that, literally, isn’t my cup of tea.

My rating: 65. C. Like I said above, this just isn’t my cup of tea. It’s not bad, it’s just really not to my taste at all. For someone who likes the flavour combination, it may be great. It just doesn’t do it for me.

I got this as a sample, and thought it was pretty good! Like Daydreamer, it is a bit reminiscent of Tim Horton’s Peach Drink, but as I said over on that tea, I like the Peach Drink! I have gone many years thinking that I hated Rooibos tea and it made me gag, but in experimenting a little and taking suggestions from other posters on this forum, I have opened my mind to it. In this blend, it is quite refreshing and soothing at the same time. I am driving up to my local David’s Tea tomorrow, and will be picking some up!

I don’t know what it is about this tea but I love it. It sort of smells like oatmeal, and although I know that’s turned off some people I know, I just love thr naturally sweet taste of this rooibos. One of my faves :)

After the coffee comes Green and Fruity! I really enjoy this tea and it gives me energy and a good vibe!

So I may have gone a little tea crazy today because after leaving DAVID’s with an iced tea, I went back and got another iced tea…

I feel the name is appropriate as my first thoughts were “well, it’s green and fruity”. Took me a minute to warm up to it, but rather nice. Particular fruits don’t really come to mind, though I thought I picked up a little kiwi note at the end (clearly just my imagination). I find specific fruits come out more in the aftertaste. Particularly frozen peach/mango. I don’t know why, but this is really giving me a frozen fruit vibe. There’s a very slight woody note too. Given the fruits in this, I feel it had more potential. It just doesn’t come across as tropical as it should.

Flavors: Fruity, Wood

Iced

I’m not a fan of red rooibos but this green rooibos is not as astringent. The fruits also make this tea more to my taste. Not a favorite but good enough to recommend to other tea lovers :)

I think I have overdosed on peach tea and now I can’t stand peachy flavouring in my tea. Darnit. I was a little hesitant about the mango in this blend as well. Very happy I only bought a cup and not a bag. If this was “green & citrusy” instead, I’d probably like it a lot more.

Flavors: Mango, Peach, Tropical

I loved this when it first came out, and as time went on, I found the rooibos base to be a bit too strong. Which is sad, because hello, mega fruit flavours! Maybe I just need to give this another go one of these days, and see if my taste can be altered.

For someone who has never drank tea before this was a nice start, I had a sample in the store and was instantly hooked. I enjoyed it after dinner when I felt it was to late in the evening to have something else to eat but still felt I needed something. Can see this being a staple in my new tea cupboard from now on!

Flavors: Fruity