Green and Fruity

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Fruity, Peach, Grass, Green, Honey, Mango, Tropical, Wood, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So its my first day of work at my first totally full time job! O.o I am hiding away at my cubicle on lunch break because I'm too shy to talk to Ppl still haha :( and I brought this tea with me to...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 991 tasting notes
  • “I prepped this to cold brew for tomorrow and that left me with one serving left. Made hot it is not bad. I think papaya is the most prominent element. There is also a hint of rooibos but I think it...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2080 tasting notes
  • “I have to admit after I steeped this (twice) I picked the fruit out and ate it. I'ts kind of nice when your tea can also provide you with a snack. I am fruity, perhaps. ” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2586 tasting notes
  • “mmmm...I’ve been trying so many types of delicious rooibos teas lately that I’m not sure why I didn’t like it not that long ago. I think this is my first green rooibos, although technically this...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I thought this was a green tea for the longest time, so I was quite surprised to find it was actually a rooibos blend. It pays to read the pouch, right? I’ve been drinking this one as my pre-bedtime cup over the last couple of nights, and it’s certainly a fruity treat!

I gave 1 tsp of leaf about 4 minutes in boiling water. No additions. The main flavours I can pick out are mango and papaya. When hot, it’s a very fruity, refreshing cup. As this one cools, the flavouring does pick up a slightly over-the-top, almost artificial kind of flavour. I usually detect this most prominently with peach, as it tastes kind of plastic-like, but I’m getting it slightly here too. It’s not a huge problem — it just means I need to slurp it quickly! I do like the fruitiness here, and how it’s the main flavour rather than the rooibos base, but it’s not my favourite fruity rooibos because of the slight chemically bent to the flavour. The green rooibos is a good base here, though, and it definitely ticks more boxes for me more often that red rooibos does. Food for thought.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Memily

Yeah it’s interesting hey! Good note.

Light and mildly fruity

Iced

Had this as a hot tea the other day and it was delicious. I never had green rooibos before, and the only other rooibos I’ve had was this bagged caramel rooibos I bought in Germany several years ago (I don’t remember the brand, and it was really awful).

Green and fruity is refreshing, “fruity” with papaya notes. Not really tasting any mango or pineapple…but it seems like a keeper. Definitely one of my favourites so far.

Flavors: Fruity, Wood

I’ve had this one forever. It’s been… three years? It’s been too long and I haven’t been drinking it at all, which is a shame ’cause this one is really good.

Unfortunately it’s losing a lot of it’s fruity-goodness to it. It still has some, but it’s not too much. I almost want to go buy dehydrated fruits to add to it. haha

Anyway good and yes I would get it again. This time I won’t hold onto it so long.

This has a bit too much going on for me. The taste is good, but overwhelming. There are too many flavours trying to shine through and it’s making my taste buds shut down. If my taste buds had thoughts, they would be ’ Banana! Honeydew! Papaya! Mango! Coconut?! Some kind of tropical Kool-Aid! What am I tasting?? WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?? Wow. ’

Well, the tea does smell green and fruity out of the pack, so that must be good!
I love fruity rooibos so I have high hopes for this one :)
Definitely smell the mango and papaya dry and as it steeps.
OH WOW IT DEFINITELY IS FRUITY. I can taste each ingredient separately. The mango and papaya, most definitely. The apple is there, but you’ll have to go looking for it.
All in all, a nice blend. I’d like to see how this does as a cold brew so maybe sometime in the future that’ll happen :)

I’ve definitely had a tea like this before.
It reminds me a whole lot of Mango Lassi from Davids! But Mango Lassi, add chamomile, less papaya, and tons more tartness from the mango. This is a bit turned down version of that so I like this a bit more :)

Boiling 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yummy rooibos! I got this free at David’s today for their St. Patrick’s Day promo. It’s tropical and lively, without being too bold. I’ll definitely get this again.

Pulled this out of the back of my cupboard before I send it out for a swap. I think this has lost it’s flavour over time. I remember it being really quite fruity, but I didn’t like the aftertaste it left. Tonight it tastes like water, and actually quite like the forever nuts that was left in my steeper overnight the night before. I am getting a little bit of the fruitiness in the aftertaste, but very faint, and I’m really searching for it. If I send this off I might throw this one out and go buy some new stuff because I feel bad swapping this knowing that it doesn’t have any flavour left.

This tea became one of my favourites during the fall. It was just a good reminder of summer as the leaves were falling! Very refreshing and delicious. An amazing blend.

Tried this tea this morning. Not that bad but I won’t buy it again. Smell fruity and taste like it too. Will probably keep it for summer coldbrews !