Green and Fruity

Mango, Peach, Tropical, Fruity, Grass, Green, Honey, Wood, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Now that’s fresh.

When it comes to rooibos, some say green is the new red. Because while red rooibos tastes great, some say the new wave of unoxidized green rooibos is even better. What’s so special? The production process, which is similar to that of green tea, gives it a smooth, fresh taste. Here we’ve topped it up with the tropical flavours of papaya, apple, mango and peach.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, apple, mango, papaya.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not sure how I feel about this… it’s nice enough, but I don’t love it so much that I want to buy more. It’s fruity – I can definitely taste peach and papaya. I like the chunks of candied fruit; I don’t like the “artificial flavour”. I liked the mix of red and green rooibos as a base, though it was pretty overshadowed by the fruitiness of it all. Meh, decent as fruity rooibos blends go, but nothing to write home about.

Flavors: Fruity, Peach

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was enjoyable. I am on a mango kick as of recently, so this fit the bill. It wasn’t overly fruity but the taste was surely there. I felt it was a well balanced tea that may end up on a future order.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea matches its name: green rooibos and fruit. The light green rooibos has quiet tones of honey and grass, but is mainly a carrier for the bold fruit flavors. Mango, peach and papaya make this flavor juicy and tropical, though I will say it would be hard for me to tell this apart from mango fruit punch. As with most David’s Teas, this blend is very sweet and strongly flavored. I will say that this was very tasty iced, and would be a nice caffeine-free alternative to fruity green tea blends this summer. Simple, sweet, green and fruity.

Flavors: Fruity, Grass, Green, Honey, Mango, Peach, Tropical

A sample from ashleyelizabeth. I thought this was a green tea for the longest time, so I was quite surprised to find it was actually a rooibos blend. It pays to read the pouch, right? I’ve been drinking this one as my pre-bedtime cup over the last couple of nights, and it’s certainly a fruity treat!

I gave 1 tsp of leaf about 4 minutes in boiling water. No additions. The main flavours I can pick out are mango and papaya. When hot, it’s a very fruity, refreshing cup. As this one cools, the flavouring does pick up a slightly over-the-top, almost artificial kind of flavour. I usually detect this most prominently with peach, as it tastes kind of plastic-like, but I’m getting it slightly here too. It’s not a huge problem — it just means I need to slurp it quickly! I do like the fruitiness here, and how it’s the main flavour rather than the rooibos base, but it’s not my favourite fruity rooibos because of the slight chemically bent to the flavour. The green rooibos is a good base here, though, and it definitely ticks more boxes for me more often that red rooibos does. Food for thought.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Memily

Yeah it’s interesting hey! Good note.

Light and mildly fruity

Iced

Had this as a hot tea the other day and it was delicious. I never had green rooibos before, and the only other rooibos I’ve had was this bagged caramel rooibos I bought in Germany several years ago (I don’t remember the brand, and it was really awful).

Green and fruity is refreshing, “fruity” with papaya notes. Not really tasting any mango or pineapple…but it seems like a keeper. Definitely one of my favourites so far.

Flavors: Fruity, Wood

I’ve had this one forever. It’s been… three years? It’s been too long and I haven’t been drinking it at all, which is a shame ’cause this one is really good.

Unfortunately it’s losing a lot of it’s fruity-goodness to it. It still has some, but it’s not too much. I almost want to go buy dehydrated fruits to add to it. haha

Anyway good and yes I would get it again. This time I won’t hold onto it so long.

This has a bit too much going on for me. The taste is good, but overwhelming. There are too many flavours trying to shine through and it’s making my taste buds shut down. If my taste buds had thoughts, they would be ’ Banana! Honeydew! Papaya! Mango! Coconut?! Some kind of tropical Kool-Aid! What am I tasting?? WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?? Wow. ’

Well, the tea does smell green and fruity out of the pack, so that must be good!
I love fruity rooibos so I have high hopes for this one :)
Definitely smell the mango and papaya dry and as it steeps.
OH WOW IT DEFINITELY IS FRUITY. I can taste each ingredient separately. The mango and papaya, most definitely. The apple is there, but you’ll have to go looking for it.
All in all, a nice blend. I’d like to see how this does as a cold brew so maybe sometime in the future that’ll happen :)

I’ve definitely had a tea like this before.
It reminds me a whole lot of Mango Lassi from Davids! But Mango Lassi, add chamomile, less papaya, and tons more tartness from the mango. This is a bit turned down version of that so I like this a bit more :)

Boiling 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yummy rooibos! I got this free at David’s today for their St. Patrick’s Day promo. It’s tropical and lively, without being too bold. I’ll definitely get this again.