Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Cream, Lime, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla, Apple, Candy, Creamy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

While not the highest quality green tea underneath the added flavours, this definitely tastes of lime. It begins on the palate as a burst of vegetal flavours that aren’t exactly pleasant, highly reminiscent of the smell of freshly cut weeds in a garden. After a time, however, and continued sipping, it really begins to taste strongly of freshly squeezed limes and lime rind, especially on the rear of the palate. The mouthfeel is somewhat creamy, which I suppose invokes the aspect of this being Lime Gelato, rather than just limes.

Not one I’d buy, personally, though I /do/ love citrus. If the tea itself was of higher quality and/or character, this would definitely be standard faire in my household. Being a lime-flavoured run-of-the-mill green, it isn’t quite worth owning in my opinion. Definitely worth a try though.

Flavors: Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime

160 °F / 71 °C 4 min, 15 sec 200 g 19 OZ / 550 ML

Thank you VariaTea! I had wanted to try this one for awhile I cold brewed this and it tasted like a flat limeade. I think I will try it as a soda tea sometime.

Had this iced today. It’s always refreshing to have this when it’s warm out. The lime is appropriately tart, but mellowed by the lemongrass and yogurty bits. It’s definitely one of my summer staples, and it is good hot or cold, though I do prefer cold on this one.

The dry leaf is all lime, cream and grass. I steeped it for 3 minutes at 65 degrees and the flavours were subtle, but lovely. The lime is not overpowering, although I can’t say that the green tea really shines through. It is sweet and creamy and simply wonderful.

This tea smelled a little strange dry, but was delicious once steeped! I made a cup and iced it and it was delicious. I went light on the leaves to make sure the flavors wouldn’t be overpowering, and it was perfect. Loved this delicate but powerful new addition to my collection, but probably wouldn’t restock (there’s just so many teas that I want to try).

Flavors: Cream

Sample sipdown!

Today’s “take the baby for a stroll” tea came courtesy of Sil, a bajillion years ago.

I brewed this up in my contigo travel mug, so I was drinking it without being able to smell…. I know that would affect my taste to some degree.

Now whether it’s due to age or just that I’ve been spoiled by the super powers of Della Terra’s creamy and flavourful lemon and like teas (amazing, since I don’t usually like rooibos), I don’t know.

I know I didn’t under leaf but maybe I didn’t let it steep long enough? I was afraid to oversteep and turn it bitter.

All in all, it was a perfectly pleasant tea to sip outside on this gorgeous sunny spring day.
Would I buy it? No. It probably would be tasty cold steeped though!

Thanks for the sample back in the day, Sil :)

OK I fully admit I’ve been bad at keeping up on my tealogging… I’ve tied 4 or 5 new teas and haven’t written a word, but I just haven’t been able to get in the mood to write so shrugs oh well.

But I’m back for the moment so onto the tea! At first I wasn’t going to get this one but every time I read the description I thought “well maybe…” In the end I decided to try it, if only to see if maybe it might be something my partner likes. The dry scent was a bit… overwhelming; very limey (is that even a word?) and somewhat artificial. I couldn’t really catch much else aside from the occasional apple note (which by the way I was really surprised at the amount of dried apple in this.)

The brewed tea was a murky yellow-green and maintained the lime scents from earlier but now there was a definite “tartness” to the scent, which worried me as I’m not a big fan of tart teas (or really tart anything.) Still didn’t pick up much to really suggest “gelato” but it’s definitely lime. Taste wise? Yep it’s a bit tart, almost sharp in its tartness, but I get some good lime notes and a bit from the lemon grass too. There is a bit of a “creamy” taste to it but I find it more in the finish of the sip rather than the front end and I’m really not getting much if anything from the green tea.

In the end? Not for me… I even tried adding a bit of sugar to smooth out the tart notes and, while that did work, it just ended up highlighting the artificialness of the flavors. So we’ll see if my partner likes it and if not then it’s to the swap pile for this one!

Tried out making my own milk bubble tea with this. To keep it a bit healthier I used liquid stevia to sweeten and almond milk. Really tasty and refreshing. I’m not sure if I’ve had gelato but this definitely has a lime cookie taste to it, you know those powdery ones?

I don’t think I’d like this hot so I’ll save it for iced and bubble tea.

Iced

This is defintly one interesting tea, it’s creamy and packed in savor!

2 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

Pretty tasty, but the lime flavour tastes a bit fake to me. I want to try it iced, since I feel like that will be delicious.