Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Creamy, Lime, Cream, Vanilla, Nutty, Apple, Sweet, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I confess, I’m not sure who sent me this one… I know it was a freebie extra sample from one of my recent swaps, but I stupidly forgot to write a name on it. Thanks and sorry, whoever you are! :P It’s a combination of fruit and green tea. It smells very… limey. Limey in a cleaning product kind of way. This should be interesting, heh.

The brewed aroma is much less intense, thankfully. And the flavor is much lighter than I expected! It’s definitely artificial lime, but I still find it tasty, like lime candy. I don’t taste yogurt thankfully, because I think that would be weird in a tea. There is definitely a creamy element, and I can taste a little bit of apple. Overall, this is a pretty enjoyable tea, and I’m sure it would be very good iced too.

Edit: I just realized that this reminds me immensely of the new lime golden Oreos that are out this summer!

Flavors: Apple, Candy, Cream, Lime, Sweet

mj

Lime golden oreos? Sacrilege!

Cameron B.

Hah, do you not like lime? :P

mj

Haha, I like lime well enough, I’m just an oreo purist :)

Cameron B.

Pshhhh… I like the plain ol’ Oreo, but I also love the Birthday Cake golden ones! So good.

mj

Well, birthday cake is at least in the same family! I can get behind that ;)

Nicole

Lime golden Oreos??? Man. I did not need to see that.

Mmm, smells just like a key lime pie, the taste could be a bit stronger for my liking, but it’s still very nice. I love being able to get my dose of green sencha in a tasty, creamy, sweet limey form! I tried it iced, but to be honest, I like it better hot…

Combined with milk, this tea is DE-VINE. (Upped the rating!)

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Vegetal

Sipdown-ish!

I’m getting closer to sipping down all the teas I bought during my early loose leaf tea drinking days of summer 2013 – my has a year gone by already?!

Anyway, I had tucked this into the back of my cupboard after I bought it… not sure why, but lately, this has been my go-to. Technically sipping down this 50 gram bag doesn’t mean the end of lime gelato in my cupboard, as I have two adorably cute tins, each containing a mere 10.3g/0.36oz that I bought when the Easter set was 50% off. I’ll wait for a bit before drinking those (but I am going to remove it from my e-cupboard just cause 20 grams is pretty pitiful, especially for a blend that requires 2 tsp per each 8oz cup). At least it lasts 2 steeps if you’re careful.

I’d definitely buy it again, but not for awhile. And as an afternoon/early evening drink, I think I’d prefer switching off between this and the Della Terra chiffons so I can get some rooibos in my system.

This tea is really delicate, which I didn’t expect for whatever reason. It has a nicely mild vegetal taste with a hint of lime in the aftertaste which is not too tart or intense. There is a creamy feel to the tea, although not necessarily a creamy taste. I like it but I’m not blown away.

Flavors: Lime, Vegetal

While not the highest quality green tea underneath the added flavours, this definitely tastes of lime. It begins on the palate as a burst of vegetal flavours that aren’t exactly pleasant, highly reminiscent of the smell of freshly cut weeds in a garden. After a time, however, and continued sipping, it really begins to taste strongly of freshly squeezed limes and lime rind, especially on the rear of the palate. The mouthfeel is somewhat creamy, which I suppose invokes the aspect of this being Lime Gelato, rather than just limes.

Not one I’d buy, personally, though I /do/ love citrus. If the tea itself was of higher quality and/or character, this would definitely be standard faire in my household. Being a lime-flavoured run-of-the-mill green, it isn’t quite worth owning in my opinion. Definitely worth a try though.

Flavors: Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime

160 °F / 71 °C 4 min, 15 sec 200 g 19 OZ / 550 ML

Thank you VariaTea! I had wanted to try this one for awhile I cold brewed this and it tasted like a flat limeade. I think I will try it as a soda tea sometime.

Had this iced today. It’s always refreshing to have this when it’s warm out. The lime is appropriately tart, but mellowed by the lemongrass and yogurty bits. It’s definitely one of my summer staples, and it is good hot or cold, though I do prefer cold on this one.

The dry leaf is all lime, cream and grass. I steeped it for 3 minutes at 65 degrees and the flavours were subtle, but lovely. The lime is not overpowering, although I can’t say that the green tea really shines through. It is sweet and creamy and simply wonderful.

This tea smelled a little strange dry, but was delicious once steeped! I made a cup and iced it and it was delicious. I went light on the leaves to make sure the flavors wouldn’t be overpowering, and it was perfect. Loved this delicate but powerful new addition to my collection, but probably wouldn’t restock (there’s just so many teas that I want to try).

Flavors: Cream

Sample sipdown!

Today’s “take the baby for a stroll” tea came courtesy of Sil, a bajillion years ago.

I brewed this up in my contigo travel mug, so I was drinking it without being able to smell…. I know that would affect my taste to some degree.

Now whether it’s due to age or just that I’ve been spoiled by the super powers of Della Terra’s creamy and flavourful lemon and like teas (amazing, since I don’t usually like rooibos), I don’t know.

I know I didn’t under leaf but maybe I didn’t let it steep long enough? I was afraid to oversteep and turn it bitter.

All in all, it was a perfectly pleasant tea to sip outside on this gorgeous sunny spring day.
Would I buy it? No. It probably would be tasty cold steeped though!

Thanks for the sample back in the day, Sil :)