Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Cherry, Cream, Lime, Creamy, Custard, Sweet, Vanilla, Fruity, Green, Citrusy, Nutty, Apple, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a tea that I’m on edge about. I may feel that way because I bought a decent amount of it. When you open up the tin you get hit with an amazingly overpowering smell of lime with a slight hint of cream.

When I was steeping it i couldn’t wait for it to cool down a little bit and drink away. The first taste was amazing. Lime, a slight hint of cream, and very refreshing! But the aftertaste is a little much for me. There’s a strange creamy/stale aftertaste that doesn’t go away and you taste it when the tea is made hot or cold.

After reading a few reviews I’m going to make another cup of it but then steep it again for a second cup which I never do. Hopefully I end up liking it that way because if not I will have to find someone to give it to.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity, Lime

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

It seems as if every time I go into a Davids, someone tries to push this tea on me. And every time, I obligingly take a sniff, and every time, immediately reject it. The combination of lime and lemongrass is so very savoury to me, and it reminds me of this one time I tried a PC Green Curry sauce and I could barely contain my gag reflex, the smell was so strong. The memory is potent! So . . . no. Absolutely not a fan of this. In fact, I dumped half of my tin because I was so horrified. Gotta say, I’m kind of disappointed with my Advent Calendar. The misses have been outnumbering the hits by a landslide :(

I have been really excited to try this tea for quite a long time. I’m a huge fan of lime tea, and a huge fan of gelato, so it sounds like a dream. It doesn’t have a very strong scent, its just a gentle creamy aroma, but the taste is fantastic. The lime is very present and distinctive but isn’t overpowering or sour, because it is perfectly balanced with a creamy sweetness that is just right. The creaminess wasn’t cloying, and perfectly dessert-like. This is definitely a tea I would buy more of. I’m confused about the other ingredients though, because they don’t seem prevalent at all. I don’t taste any pineapple, apple or lemongrass.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The first time I tried this tea I thought it was a little weak. I definitely tasted the lime but I wasn’t getting the creaminess. I still enjoyed it but I was a little underwhelmed.

Yesterday, however, I used my Timolino for the first time! I didn’t really measure out how much tea I put in the infuser but I decided to make it a little stronger. And then I realized I was running late for work and I left the infuser in while I drove to work. So 20 minutes later I took the infuser out and YUM! This time I definitely got more of a creamy lime taste. It was absolutely delicious. The lime isn’t too overpowering and you get that hint of creaminess at the end. I’ve only had this one hot, but I’m excited to try it iced as well. I think this is one I will be repurchasing so that I can try it iced when the weather gets warmer!

8 min or more

Here is another to-go cup review.
This was on my radar because so many people go crazy over it, which to me is a red flag. I always seem to hate the ones everyone loves so yet again I put it off… and now I’m not sure why I did. This was so yummy and creamy and fruity. I tasted what the description said and I am grateful for that because I feel like this tea could’ve gone very wrong. Way to go DT, another winner!

This tea has a very strong lime flavor! After steeping I smelt it and it smells just like a slice of lime. The tea is pretty refreshing, and you can definitely taste the lime. Lime gelato tastes exactly how it sounds. It’s like… tea limeade. Simple and yummy.

Wouldn’t change tea steeping/teaspoon amount.

Flavors: Green, Lime

Oh, I get it. It’s a toned down Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon on a green tea base. It would be delicious if I hadn’t had something even more delicious to have compared it to. Lime Chiffon way wins this round.

Dustin

Hmmm, it does get better as it cools. More flavor comes out.

I tried it both warm and iced. It smells amazing like having a summery treat. The taste is great, but it’s just not for me. I enjoy creamier and spicier teas as opposed to fruity teas especially citrus teas, as I had a bad experience with lemons and limes this past summer. So drinking it was tough, but I was willing to give it a chance. I did, however, enjoy the creamy taste and the smooth mouth-feel warm. I also enjoyed it iced, more than warm, in fact, and I enjoy having a warm tea more than most iced teas so that was a surprise to me. You definitely get more of the creamy gelato and a smoother less harsh lime when it is iced and i thoroughly enjoyed it, but I dont know if I would order it, at least not in this season. Maybe this will make it into my next summer’s rotation.

Flavors: Citrusy, Creamy, Lime

One of my favourites from David’s Tea. A nice, creamy lime flavour. Refreshing and delicious. Such a bright tea. I can get multiple steeps on this one which is great. You can drink it straight or add milk and a sweetener of your choice, it’s great both ways. I’ll always want to keep a stash of this tea in my cupboard. I can see guests being impressed with this one and it would be high up on my list to serve as an after dinner sip. Yum!

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

My favorite of the David’s Teas i’ve tried. Yes, it’s slightly artificial… but it’s absolute excellence. Creamy, sweet, refreshing, a little tang from the lime… lovely iced and hot, and a definite repurchase for me.

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Vanilla