Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Broke this out when I wanted something light, sweet and not too strong, and it fit the bill perfectly!

Dry Looks: it’s fairly large pieces, hard to scoop into my small infuser (note to self, buy a better infuser)

Dry smells: lightly lime-y

Steeped taste: light, and lime-y, a little bit of added sweetener brings out the flavour

Steeped smell: light, lime-y

Steeped looks: very light, its a green tea, so not much colour

2nd and 3rd steeps: I just increased the steeping time (approx 8 min for 2nd steep, 10 for 3rd) and it was equally nice.

Overall impression: a nice light tea for when I want something warm but don’t need much flavour (like after over-indulging on spinach dip at supper). Not going to be one I bring to work or start out my day with, but I do enjoy having it at home as an option.

The only tea I have found that actually tastes like lime. Very creamy and limey – tastes a bit like froot loops I think. :P I really enjoy this tea.

This tea most definitely tastes just like it smells. A little tart, but overall, exactly like Lime Gelato. I’ve only tried this hot, but I’d love to try it iced.

Sweet and piquant, but in a cloying and slightly unpleasant way, with little green tea flavor. I guess that’s what I get for buying a tea with “artificial lime yogurt flavouring” as an ingredient.

This is hands down my favorite tea. I love the smell of the dry leaves -heavy citrus with a creamy finish. I love the color of the brewed tea – green and gold mixed together. And, finally, I love the taste. It tastes exactly like lime ice cream! I was shocked and impressed. After trying other dessert teas that didn’t live up to their delicious sounding names, this one was a real winner for me.

I even shared some with my coffee-loving friend and she fell in love! We placed a joint DAVIDsTEA order and made sure that we each got a bag of this. Absolutely splendid!

Had this the other day and forgot to add a tasting note.

This was…. interesting? It’s definitely fruity! And SWEET. This tea almost made my teeth hurt from drinking. (I had it hot btw). This tea, I think, would be more excellent cold.

The boyfriend and I just bought a Zoku Slush maker, and my first thought drinking this tea was, Man, this would make an awesome slushie… So maybe I’ll try that, and see if I like it better!!.

I must say, it smells like a sweet lime, incredibly satisfying and inviting. However I was a little disappointed that my tea is not bursting with this flavor. It is rather bland and the lime is mainly in the after taste. But don’t get me wrong, this tea is really good and a bit creamy. I don’t even know how it’s possible for straight tea to be creamy, but this one is!

Actually tastes like it smells! Tasty!

Aw yes, lime gelato. Love this iced and hot, as a latte and straight. The citrus is there, but it doesn’t overwhelm the whole blend, which is full rather than stinging.

Smells like key lime pie – which is one of my favourite desserts so I thought I would love this…but I didn’t. It’s very weak, even when I tried steeping for 10+ minutes, and I think I just don’t like the idea of hot lime – I feel like it’s a flavour that’s meant to be cold in most circumstances…so maybe I should try it iced when summer comes?