Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Citrusy, Lime, Nutty, Pleasantly Sour, Tart, Creamy, Lemongrass, Smooth, Sweet, Pineapple, Citrus, Cream, Frosting, Yogurt, Green, Apple, Sugar, Lemon, Cherry, Fruity, Custard, Vanilla, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Creamy green lime and delicious. I should try this iced.

Flavors: Lime, Pineapple

I would describe this as a boring green tea with a very subtle taste of lime.

I gave away the rest of my bag to a friend who might like it … but David’s Tea gave me a sample of it in my last shipping… So I think I will try it iced next time. And let it steep longer.

This is truth in advertising. No-frills creamy citrus. I bet this would be divine in one of those teapop concoctions that I’ve been meaning to try.

This tea is so wonderful,
I could drink it every day.
This tea is so wonderful,
it makes me want to play.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Lime, Smooth, Sweet

not quite what I was expecting, this tea is a little on the flat side, not much taste at all. the smell from the dry leaves was so inviting and wonderfully citrus-y that I was expecting something with a little more bite to it. It’s an okay tea but I don’t think it’s one I’ll buy more of.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 45 sec 5 g 15 OZ / 443 ML

Now this is what I call a tea. An literal explosion of fruity flavor. With some added rock sugar this tastes like a bowl of fruit loops. Simply sublime.

Flavors: Apple, Cherry, Fruity, Lime

Simply subLIME. I see what you did there.

Another sample from David’s Tea with my last order. I’ve only had a couple of green teas and I haven’t cared for them, but they were grocery store type bagged teas, so maybe lower quality. Somehow I felt like I was drinking water run through grass clippings. I’m not sure what I think of this tea. It’s very light. Without a sense of smell I’m not picking up any particular scent or flavor. It’s just pale warmed up water in my cup. At least it didn’t have the sour taste of watered grass clippings. I didn’t see a lot of tea leaves, so maybe I just got a poor sample. Anyway, nothing objectionable in the cup. I finished it without any trouble, but I wouldn’t try this one again.

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 15 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Today was unseasonably warm, so this one sounded just right. The blend smells just like key lime flavored pie or yogurt, as well as having a sweet preserved-fruit aroma coming from the pineapple pieces. The blend is pretty heavy on the fruit pieces and other non-tea ingredients, so I expected it to be fairly light. It brews up to a pale yellow-green color, and indeed the flavor and presence of the tea base are very unassuming. The lime flavor is definitely there, light and refreshing and not overly sweet. I keep telling myself that natural lime flavor probably doesn’t taste like that, but I can’t help but genuinely enjoy it. The very light creaminess helps round this one out nicely as well, it’s one of those rare dessert teas that manage to be both creamy and delicate. Thanks beelicious for the nice surprise!

Not gonna lie, I love these gimmicky dessert teas. Lime gelato as a tea is such a silly idea, and it’s obviously nothing like actually eating gelato, but I’m into it.

There’s definitely lime flavor here, more on the artificial side, and while it’s not an official note I actually notice a bit of cherry here as well. I don’t taste any of the green tea base whatsoever, and I wouldn’t have been able to pick out the lemongrass or pineapple if I didn’t know about them. There is a slight cream flavor, which is where the gelato part comes in, but it’s subtle.

Like any tea of this nature, light sugar or sweetener really brings out the flavors in this blend. It’s a really nice treat!

Flavors: Cherry, Cream, Lime

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

warm green jello. interesting but not some i would drink again.