Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Creamy, Lime, Pineapple, Citrus, Cream, Frosting, Sweet, Yogurt, Green, Apple, Lemongrass, Sugar, Lemon, Smooth, Cherry, Fruity, Custard, Vanilla, Citrusy, Nutty, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is truth in advertising. No-frills creamy citrus. I bet this would be divine in one of those teapop concoctions that I’ve been meaning to try.

This tea is so wonderful,
I could drink it every day.
This tea is so wonderful,
it makes me want to play.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Lime, Smooth, Sweet

not quite what I was expecting, this tea is a little on the flat side, not much taste at all. the smell from the dry leaves was so inviting and wonderfully citrus-y that I was expecting something with a little more bite to it. It’s an okay tea but I don’t think it’s one I’ll buy more of.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 45 sec 5 g 15 OZ / 443 ML

Now this is what I call a tea. An literal explosion of fruity flavor. With some added rock sugar this tastes like a bowl of fruit loops. Simply sublime.

Flavors: Apple, Cherry, Fruity, Lime

Megan

Simply subLIME. I see what you did there.

Another sample from David’s Tea with my last order. I’ve only had a couple of green teas and I haven’t cared for them, but they were grocery store type bagged teas, so maybe lower quality. Somehow I felt like I was drinking water run through grass clippings. I’m not sure what I think of this tea. It’s very light. Without a sense of smell I’m not picking up any particular scent or flavor. It’s just pale warmed up water in my cup. At least it didn’t have the sour taste of watered grass clippings. I didn’t see a lot of tea leaves, so maybe I just got a poor sample. Anyway, nothing objectionable in the cup. I finished it without any trouble, but I wouldn’t try this one again.

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 15 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Today was unseasonably warm, so this one sounded just right. The blend smells just like key lime flavored pie or yogurt, as well as having a sweet preserved-fruit aroma coming from the pineapple pieces. The blend is pretty heavy on the fruit pieces and other non-tea ingredients, so I expected it to be fairly light. It brews up to a pale yellow-green color, and indeed the flavor and presence of the tea base are very unassuming. The lime flavor is definitely there, light and refreshing and not overly sweet. I keep telling myself that natural lime flavor probably doesn’t taste like that, but I can’t help but genuinely enjoy it. The very light creaminess helps round this one out nicely as well, it’s one of those rare dessert teas that manage to be both creamy and delicate. Thanks beelicious for the nice surprise!

Not gonna lie, I love these gimmicky dessert teas. Lime gelato as a tea is such a silly idea, and it’s obviously nothing like actually eating gelato, but I’m into it.

There’s definitely lime flavor here, more on the artificial side, and while it’s not an official note I actually notice a bit of cherry here as well. I don’t taste any of the green tea base whatsoever, and I wouldn’t have been able to pick out the lemongrass or pineapple if I didn’t know about them. There is a slight cream flavor, which is where the gelato part comes in, but it’s subtle.

Like any tea of this nature, light sugar or sweetener really brings out the flavors in this blend. It’s a really nice treat!

Flavors: Cherry, Cream, Lime

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

warm green jello. interesting but not some i would drink again.

Today seems to be review Davids Teas day. This one is a sample I got from my last order, though it’s actually been on my wishlist for some time. The dry tea smells very much like lime-flavoured hard candies. The flavour is more like lemongrass to me with a sweeter, fruity undertone. I can’t really taste much of the pineapple or apple that’s supposedly in there – of course I went with a reduced steeping temperature and time compared to what the packet recommended, so that might have something to do with it.

This is one of those teas that are tricky to make perfectly every time. Everyone knows green teas are delicate and temperamental but I find this one especially finicky for some reason.

However, when I do make it just right, it’s AMAZING! I just can’t figure out how they make it taste so creamy and tart at the same time! It’s delicious. I prefer it hot but it’s not bad iced.