Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Creamy, Lime, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Cream, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sample sipdown!

Today’s “take the baby for a stroll” tea came courtesy of Sil, a bajillion years ago.

I brewed this up in my contigo travel mug, so I was drinking it without being able to smell…. I know that would affect my taste to some degree.

Now whether it’s due to age or just that I’ve been spoiled by the super powers of Della Terra’s creamy and flavourful lemon and like teas (amazing, since I don’t usually like rooibos), I don’t know.

I know I didn’t under leaf but maybe I didn’t let it steep long enough? I was afraid to oversteep and turn it bitter.

All in all, it was a perfectly pleasant tea to sip outside on this gorgeous sunny spring day.
Would I buy it? No. It probably would be tasty cold steeped though!

Thanks for the sample back in the day, Sil :)

OK I fully admit I’ve been bad at keeping up on my tealogging… I’ve tied 4 or 5 new teas and haven’t written a word, but I just haven’t been able to get in the mood to write so shrugs oh well.

But I’m back for the moment so onto the tea! At first I wasn’t going to get this one but every time I read the description I thought “well maybe…” In the end I decided to try it, if only to see if maybe it might be something my partner likes. The dry scent was a bit… overwhelming; very limey (is that even a word?) and somewhat artificial. I couldn’t really catch much else aside from the occasional apple note (which by the way I was really surprised at the amount of dried apple in this.)

The brewed tea was a murky yellow-green and maintained the lime scents from earlier but now there was a definite “tartness” to the scent, which worried me as I’m not a big fan of tart teas (or really tart anything.) Still didn’t pick up much to really suggest “gelato” but it’s definitely lime. Taste wise? Yep it’s a bit tart, almost sharp in its tartness, but I get some good lime notes and a bit from the lemon grass too. There is a bit of a “creamy” taste to it but I find it more in the finish of the sip rather than the front end and I’m really not getting much if anything from the green tea.

In the end? Not for me… I even tried adding a bit of sugar to smooth out the tart notes and, while that did work, it just ended up highlighting the artificialness of the flavors. So we’ll see if my partner likes it and if not then it’s to the swap pile for this one!

Tried out making my own milk bubble tea with this. To keep it a bit healthier I used liquid stevia to sweeten and almond milk. Really tasty and refreshing. I’m not sure if I’ve had gelato but this definitely has a lime cookie taste to it, you know those powdery ones?

I don’t think I’d like this hot so I’ll save it for iced and bubble tea.

Iced

This is defintly one interesting tea, it’s creamy and packed in savor!

2 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

Pretty tasty, but the lime flavour tastes a bit fake to me. I want to try it iced, since I feel like that will be delicious.

This is a sipdown from the Easter Tea Trail and…yeah. I still don’t like lime gelato. Granted, I don’t like lime. It was okay, but nothing I’d search out again.

Amariel

I like this one, but primarily as a summer tea.

Sipdown!

I coldbrewed the last of this leaf overnight and took the teabag out mid-afternoon today. It was a lovely pale yellow-green. I sipped it then and was pleasantly surprised to find no bitterness at all.

This is much better cold-brewed than served hot. I’m really tasting the lemongrass and pineapple. However, I’m not tasting very much lime or much creaminess – and that’s what I signed up for.

Anyways, this is pleasant, but I’m probably not going to restock.

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea to me is meh. I tried this iced in store and I was so glad I didn’t buy any for home. It’s an OK tea, just nothing amazing. The smell is fantastic and I wish all that flavour had transferred over into the tea itself. I wanted a really lime-y tea and this sadly didn’t satisfy.

Unusual! I love it! Had this iced and it was great, not very sweet but oddly great. I love lime and this tea is no exception.

JustJames

this one totally caught me offguard. been an age since i’ve had it, but last time i did it was great.

Gabberjam

It caught me offguard as well. I expected something far different than what it actually tasted like.

I keep saying this but DavidsTea should REALLY consider opening a store in Seattle! Another sample from the wonderful miss Courtney~ It’s so good! I wasn’t really expecting to like it as much as I do but the lime and cream flavors pair up perfectly. I’ve already made two cups of this and am contemplating making another…

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
VariaTEA

It is pretty tasty! I had a cup of this earlier as well :)

Suziqzer

I would love to see them come to Indiana :) It’s such a beautiful place and all.. Lol. I would imagine you will get one nearer you before I can dream of one closer to me.

Courtney

I’m glad you’re enjoying some of the teas! :)

Tamarindel

Oh lord, I wish they would! Is there a ‘Davids please come to Seattle’ petition we can sign?

EvaGrimm

I can only hope. Thank you so much Courtney! Suziqzer I dream of a better world where every city has a DavidsTEA and where “chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.” :P

Suziqzer

Lol.. Sounds good to me too! Poor chickens!

Suziqzer

I’ve only had a few teas from Davids, but I can only imagine how muh fun one of the stores would be … & dangerous to my bank account!