Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice, refreshing tea. Tastes good with a few squirts of Agave. As others have said, it has a slight creamy texture, due to the yogurt chunks in the actual tea. Tastes likes watery melted lime gelato. Overall, a good, fresh tasting tea.

I’m a big fan of green teas and new to loose leaf, but I loooved the smell of this one at the David’s counter so it was one of the first few that I tried.

To be honest, I wasn’t too impressed. I should have expected this – since I’m not a huge fan of “sweet” teas – but, despite the smooth, creamy texture and mild taste (which I usually like), this one wasn’t for me. Trying to find the “lime” notes in this was like trying to find Waldo. Overall, nothing outstanding about this. I still have a few grams left, so I plan to try it iced to see if I like it better.

Oh my goodness! This is scrumptious. I could probably drink this by the gallons. (and I don’t like lime flavored anything, at least before now) It’s not potent or tart by any means, and very refreshing. It smells just like it tastes- like key lime pie. Sadly I only had a small sample of it so I’m going to have to re order some before I can try it iced.

Sooo delicious! Now, this is a summertime tea. I think it tastes best served cold, but it still is quite delicious hot. It tastes like a creamsicile more than anything, and hey, that can only be a good thing right? It’s light, it’s sweet, and I’m so confused how they successfully made it taste so creamy. It’s not too much lime, either. Honestly, you need to try this. It will bring a nice refreshing boost to your summer nights.

Just thinking about it makes me long for warm weather.

This tea was one of my favourite buys from my first trip to Davids! It actually surprised me with how tasty it was. Very light and refreshing, and it does have a creamy taste on top of the lime that gives it a dessert flavour. My only complaint would be that it’s maybe a bit too sweet and could contain a little more actual tea in it, but I suppose it is a dessert tea after all. Still, definitely a winner in my opinion, and one I will be buying again!

I really wanted to love this tea. Maybe I had too much expectations because it smells so good. I even bought a full tin. I tried it so many different ways, steeped in boiling water, according to the tin instructions, steeped as green tea, with honey, but it always, always tastes like those cheap green tea oversteeped (is that even a word?) served in asian restaurants.

I can give my tin away. I hate it.

I can’t get enough of this as an iced tea. We fight over this one at home!

This was good both iced and hot. There is a bit of sweetness already. The creaminess of the yogurt tastes really good. I got a second steep out of it!

Mmm… delicious. I put off trying this for so long after multiple people convinced me that this was nearly identical to Lime Bang. Well, it is – however, while Lime Bang was prone to be bitter and sour despite a dedicated effort not to oversteep, Lime Gelato is creamier & delicately sweet thanks to the yogurt drops. A vast improvement! I can’t wait to try this iced.