Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Creamy, Lime, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Cream, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is one of my all time favorites, hot or iced. It’s creamy, lime, and just a wonderful drink to relax with. The only problem is if you do not steep it absolutely, 100% perfectly, it will come out lackluster and disappointing. When you do it right, it’s the best tea you’ll ever drink. Sadly it is pretty rare that it comes out that great.

I love lime, I love gelato, I like this. Not enough to pull the free tin trigger but it’s quite a nice tea.

Broke this out when I wanted something light, sweet and not too strong, and it fit the bill perfectly!

Dry Looks: it’s fairly large pieces, hard to scoop into my small infuser (note to self, buy a better infuser)

Dry smells: lightly lime-y

Steeped taste: light, and lime-y, a little bit of added sweetener brings out the flavour

Steeped smell: light, lime-y

Steeped looks: very light, its a green tea, so not much colour

2nd and 3rd steeps: I just increased the steeping time (approx 8 min for 2nd steep, 10 for 3rd) and it was equally nice.

Overall impression: a nice light tea for when I want something warm but don’t need much flavour (like after over-indulging on spinach dip at supper). Not going to be one I bring to work or start out my day with, but I do enjoy having it at home as an option.

The only tea I have found that actually tastes like lime. Very creamy and limey – tastes a bit like froot loops I think. :P I really enjoy this tea.

This tea most definitely tastes just like it smells. A little tart, but overall, exactly like Lime Gelato. I’ve only tried this hot, but I’d love to try it iced.

Sweet and piquant, but in a cloying and slightly unpleasant way, with little green tea flavor. I guess that’s what I get for buying a tea with “artificial lime yogurt flavouring” as an ingredient.

I had a cup of this last night, and I’m pretty sure I overbrewed it (silly me, getting distracted by video games!). The lime was really prominent and biting, the creamy part almost non-existent. Still really good, and I’m sure that the not-so-stellar parts of this can be blamed on my ineptitude and my tin being nearly empty.

On the bright side, I finally got around to placing a DavidsTea order and I will soon have two more bags of this one! YAY! And I snuck in a Teavana order because I had a coupon! MORE TEA!

Teavana’s site is stupid, though, and is saying my tea will be sent to my old address where it’d be impossible to retrieve. Customer Service swears they got my update request and fixed it, so fingers crossed that I actually get my tea. Eek. If not, I’m definitely going to need to order more of this one…

180 °F / 82 °C 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Had this the other day and forgot to add a tasting note.

This was…. interesting? It’s definitely fruity! And SWEET. This tea almost made my teeth hurt from drinking. (I had it hot btw). This tea, I think, would be more excellent cold.

The boyfriend and I just bought a Zoku Slush maker, and my first thought drinking this tea was, Man, this would make an awesome slushie… So maybe I’ll try that, and see if I like it better!!.

I must say, it smells like a sweet lime, incredibly satisfying and inviting. However I was a little disappointed that my tea is not bursting with this flavor. It is rather bland and the lime is mainly in the after taste. But don’t get me wrong, this tea is really good and a bit creamy. I don’t even know how it’s possible for straight tea to be creamy, but this one is!

Actually tastes like it smells! Tasty!