Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Lime, Pineapple, Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Lemon, Smooth, Apple, Cherry, Fruity, Custard, Vanilla, Green, Citrusy, Nutty, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemongrass
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Here is another to-go cup review.
This was on my radar because so many people go crazy over it, which to me is a red flag. I always seem to hate the ones everyone loves so yet again I put it off… and now I’m not sure why I did. This was so yummy and creamy and fruity. I tasted what the description said and I am grateful for that because I feel like this tea could’ve gone very wrong. Way to go DT, another winner!

This tea has a very strong lime flavor! After steeping I smelt it and it smells just like a slice of lime. The tea is pretty refreshing, and you can definitely taste the lime. Lime gelato tastes exactly how it sounds. It’s like… tea limeade. Simple and yummy.

Wouldn’t change tea steeping/teaspoon amount.

Flavors: Green, Lime

Oh, I get it. It’s a toned down Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon on a green tea base. It would be delicious if I hadn’t had something even more delicious to have compared it to. Lime Chiffon way wins this round.

Dustin

Hmmm, it does get better as it cools. More flavor comes out.

I tried it both warm and iced. It smells amazing like having a summery treat. The taste is great, but it’s just not for me. I enjoy creamier and spicier teas as opposed to fruity teas especially citrus teas, as I had a bad experience with lemons and limes this past summer. So drinking it was tough, but I was willing to give it a chance. I did, however, enjoy the creamy taste and the smooth mouth-feel warm. I also enjoyed it iced, more than warm, in fact, and I enjoy having a warm tea more than most iced teas so that was a surprise to me. You definitely get more of the creamy gelato and a smoother less harsh lime when it is iced and i thoroughly enjoyed it, but I dont know if I would order it, at least not in this season. Maybe this will make it into my next summer’s rotation.

Flavors: Citrusy, Creamy, Lime

One of my favourites from David’s Tea. A nice, creamy lime flavour. Refreshing and delicious. Such a bright tea. I can get multiple steeps on this one which is great. You can drink it straight or add milk and a sweetener of your choice, it’s great both ways. I’ll always want to keep a stash of this tea in my cupboard. I can see guests being impressed with this one and it would be high up on my list to serve as an after dinner sip. Yum!

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

My favorite of the David’s Teas i’ve tried. Yes, it’s slightly artificial… but it’s absolute excellence. Creamy, sweet, refreshing, a little tang from the lime… lovely iced and hot, and a definite repurchase for me.

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Vanilla

Pass the Stash TTB #19

Holy carp this is amazing! It tastes like lime with some nuttiness. I don’t really get creaminess but I can see how others might. This is love in a cup.

And this is probably my last cup from this TTB. I’ve drunk so much tea today I’m surprised I don’t slosh when I move.

Flavors: Lime, Nutty

What a treat! This is a very refreshing tea, and nice for mornings when I’ve already had caffeine, and don’t want to overdo it. It’s got a lovely lime/apple flavour, and is juicy and fresh, with a creamy tone. It’s wonderful hot, but I bet it sings as an iced tea. Unfortunately, it snowed here a couple of days ago, so I’m thinking iced tea is months away.

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Lime

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea had a mild lime flavour with strong green tea flavor and a subtle sweetness. Personally I would recommend this tea for lime lovers looking for a pick me up

I think that this is a tea that I would actually quite like, but for this morning, I’m finding it a bit too sweet and candy-like. The flavours and fragrances are all dead on for lime gelato.

Creamy, lime, sweet, vanilla with a touch of tang.

I’m going to finish this cup and then try it again some other time, when I’m in the mood for something really desserty.

Side note, I’ve been wanting to get a variable temp kettle for a while, but I haven’t picked one up yet. My sweetie reminded me that I can use the candy thermometer, so now I can get a much better idea of my water temperature. And I think that my water has been cooling a lot faster than I realized. So I may need to try this, and a lot of other teas steeped a bit hotter than I have been.

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla

mj

I use a candy thermometer in my kettle!