Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Citrusy, Creamy, Lemongrass, Lime, Smooth, Sweet, Pineapple, Citrus, Cream, Frosting, Yogurt, Green, Apple, Sugar, Lemon, Cherry, Fruity, Custard, Vanilla, Nutty, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried it both warm and iced. It smells amazing like having a summery treat. The taste is great, but it’s just not for me. I enjoy creamier and spicier teas as opposed to fruity teas especially citrus teas, as I had a bad experience with lemons and limes this past summer. So drinking it was tough, but I was willing to give it a chance. I did, however, enjoy the creamy taste and the smooth mouth-feel warm. I also enjoyed it iced, more than warm, in fact, and I enjoy having a warm tea more than most iced teas so that was a surprise to me. You definitely get more of the creamy gelato and a smoother less harsh lime when it is iced and i thoroughly enjoyed it, but I dont know if I would order it, at least not in this season. Maybe this will make it into my next summer’s rotation.

Flavors: Citrusy, Creamy, Lime

One of my favourites from David’s Tea. A nice, creamy lime flavour. Refreshing and delicious. Such a bright tea. I can get multiple steeps on this one which is great. You can drink it straight or add milk and a sweetener of your choice, it’s great both ways. I’ll always want to keep a stash of this tea in my cupboard. I can see guests being impressed with this one and it would be high up on my list to serve as an after dinner sip. Yum!

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

My favorite of the David’s Teas i’ve tried. Yes, it’s slightly artificial… but it’s absolute excellence. Creamy, sweet, refreshing, a little tang from the lime… lovely iced and hot, and a definite repurchase for me.

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Vanilla

Pass the Stash TTB #19

Holy carp this is amazing! It tastes like lime with some nuttiness. I don’t really get creaminess but I can see how others might. This is love in a cup.

And this is probably my last cup from this TTB. I’ve drunk so much tea today I’m surprised I don’t slosh when I move.

Flavors: Lime, Nutty

What a treat! This is a very refreshing tea, and nice for mornings when I’ve already had caffeine, and don’t want to overdo it. It’s got a lovely lime/apple flavour, and is juicy and fresh, with a creamy tone. It’s wonderful hot, but I bet it sings as an iced tea. Unfortunately, it snowed here a couple of days ago, so I’m thinking iced tea is months away.

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Lime

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

This tea had a mild lime flavour with strong green tea flavor and a subtle sweetness. Personally I would recommend this tea for lime lovers looking for a pick me up

I think that this is a tea that I would actually quite like, but for this morning, I’m finding it a bit too sweet and candy-like. The flavours and fragrances are all dead on for lime gelato.

Creamy, lime, sweet, vanilla with a touch of tang.

I’m going to finish this cup and then try it again some other time, when I’m in the mood for something really desserty.

Side note, I’ve been wanting to get a variable temp kettle for a while, but I haven’t picked one up yet. My sweetie reminded me that I can use the candy thermometer, so now I can get a much better idea of my water temperature. And I think that my water has been cooling a lot faster than I realized. So I may need to try this, and a lot of other teas steeped a bit hotter than I have been.

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla

mj

I use a candy thermometer in my kettle!

I was a little hesitant to try this tea, but I’m glad that I did! A mixture of lime and cream create a delicious warm drink. I’m not a big fan of lime, but I could enjoy this tea every now and again.
It definitely tastes like Lime Gelato.

Flavors: Cream, Lime

Steepster! Are you back? Behaving yourself? Can anyone see this note? — it didn’t show up in my dashboard.

Normally I’m not a big fan of David’s Tea, I find a lot of their flavored teas are way too artificial tasting. This is nice though, I had it in their store as an iced tea, then I bought an ounce and old brewed it yesterday. It’s really refreshing, has a nice tart lime flavor and then a creamy sweetness that accounts for the “gelatoness”. I haven’t had this hot yet, but I imagine it would be really good as a dessert tea with some soymilk and sugar. I’ll be trying it that way soon. This is tasty. The combination of lime and green tea is a winner!

Iced 8 min or more
boychik

Aug26, 6pm EST i see your note.

pyarkaaloo

i can see it! Aug26, 6:48pm EST (boychik i like ur style!)

TeaBrat

Thanks for letting me know!

I confess, I’m not sure who sent me this one… I know it was a freebie extra sample from one of my recent swaps, but I stupidly forgot to write a name on it. Thanks and sorry, whoever you are! :P It’s a combination of fruit and green tea. It smells very… limey. Limey in a cleaning product kind of way. This should be interesting, heh.

The brewed aroma is much less intense, thankfully. And the flavor is much lighter than I expected! It’s definitely artificial lime, but I still find it tasty, like lime candy. I don’t taste yogurt thankfully, because I think that would be weird in a tea. There is definitely a creamy element, and I can taste a little bit of apple. Overall, this is a pretty enjoyable tea, and I’m sure it would be very good iced too.

Edit: I just realized that this reminds me immensely of the new lime golden Oreos that are out this summer!

Flavors: Apple, Candy, Cream, Lime, Sweet

mj

Lime golden oreos? Sacrilege!

Cameron B.

Hah, do you not like lime? :P

mj

Haha, I like lime well enough, I’m just an oreo purist :)

Cameron B.

Pshhhh… I like the plain ol’ Oreo, but I also love the Birthday Cake golden ones! So good.

mj

Well, birthday cake is at least in the same family! I can get behind that ;)

Nicole

Lime golden Oreos??? Man. I did not need to see that.