Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Cream, Lime, Apple, Candy, Sweet, Creamy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Had this the other day and forgot to add a tasting note.

This was…. interesting? It’s definitely fruity! And SWEET. This tea almost made my teeth hurt from drinking. (I had it hot btw). This tea, I think, would be more excellent cold.

The boyfriend and I just bought a Zoku Slush maker, and my first thought drinking this tea was, Man, this would make an awesome slushie… So maybe I’ll try that, and see if I like it better!!.

I must say, it smells like a sweet lime, incredibly satisfying and inviting. However I was a little disappointed that my tea is not bursting with this flavor. It is rather bland and the lime is mainly in the after taste. But don’t get me wrong, this tea is really good and a bit creamy. I don’t even know how it’s possible for straight tea to be creamy, but this one is!

Actually tastes like it smells! Tasty!

Aw yes, lime gelato. Love this iced and hot, as a latte and straight. The citrus is there, but it doesn’t overwhelm the whole blend, which is full rather than stinging.

Smells like key lime pie – which is one of my favourite desserts so I thought I would love this…but I didn’t. It’s very weak, even when I tried steeping for 10+ minutes, and I think I just don’t like the idea of hot lime – I feel like it’s a flavour that’s meant to be cold in most circumstances…so maybe I should try it iced when summer comes?

I’d recommend steeping this for at least 3 minutes to really bring out the flavor. I love the smell of this tea! Its reminiscent of lemon meringue pie without the taste being too sweet, but still retaining some of the tanginess. This tea would complement desserts quite well, or you can drink it casually if you’re looking for something light with a sweet, tarty aroma. I love drinking this in the mornings!

Nice, refreshing tea. Tastes good with a few squirts of Agave. As others have said, it has a slight creamy texture, due to the yogurt chunks in the actual tea. Tastes likes watery melted lime gelato. Overall, a good, fresh tasting tea.

I’m a big fan of green teas and new to loose leaf, but I loooved the smell of this one at the David’s counter so it was one of the first few that I tried.

To be honest, I wasn’t too impressed. I should have expected this – since I’m not a huge fan of “sweet” teas – but, despite the smooth, creamy texture and mild taste (which I usually like), this one wasn’t for me. Trying to find the “lime” notes in this was like trying to find Waldo. Overall, nothing outstanding about this. I still have a few grams left, so I plan to try it iced to see if I like it better.

Oh my goodness! This is scrumptious. I could probably drink this by the gallons. (and I don’t like lime flavored anything, at least before now) It’s not potent or tart by any means, and very refreshing. It smells just like it tastes- like key lime pie. Sadly I only had a small sample of it so I’m going to have to re order some before I can try it iced.

Sooo delicious! Now, this is a summertime tea. I think it tastes best served cold, but it still is quite delicious hot. It tastes like a creamsicile more than anything, and hey, that can only be a good thing right? It’s light, it’s sweet, and I’m so confused how they successfully made it taste so creamy. It’s not too much lime, either. Honestly, you need to try this. It will bring a nice refreshing boost to your summer nights.

Just thinking about it makes me long for warm weather.