Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Creamy, Lime, Sweet, Cream, Apple, Citrusy, Nutty, Pleasantly Sour, Tart, Lemongrass, Smooth, Pineapple, Citrus, Frosting, Yogurt, Green, Sugar, Lemon, Cherry, Fruity, Custard, Vanilla, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

“That’s amore.”

Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

Ingredients: Apple, sencha green tea, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), lemongrass, artificial creamy lime flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I think that this is a tea that I would actually quite like, but for this morning, I’m finding it a bit too sweet and candy-like. The flavours and fragrances are all dead on for lime gelato.

Creamy, lime, sweet, vanilla with a touch of tang.

I’m going to finish this cup and then try it again some other time, when I’m in the mood for something really desserty.

Side note, I’ve been wanting to get a variable temp kettle for a while, but I haven’t picked one up yet. My sweetie reminded me that I can use the candy thermometer, so now I can get a much better idea of my water temperature. And I think that my water has been cooling a lot faster than I realized. So I may need to try this, and a lot of other teas steeped a bit hotter than I have been.

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla

I use a candy thermometer in my kettle!

I was a little hesitant to try this tea, but I’m glad that I did! A mixture of lime and cream create a delicious warm drink. I’m not a big fan of lime, but I could enjoy this tea every now and again.
It definitely tastes like Lime Gelato.

Flavors: Cream, Lime

Steepster! Are you back? Behaving yourself? Can anyone see this note? — it didn’t show up in my dashboard.

Normally I’m not a big fan of David’s Tea, I find a lot of their flavored teas are way too artificial tasting. This is nice though, I had it in their store as an iced tea, then I bought an ounce and old brewed it yesterday. It’s really refreshing, has a nice tart lime flavor and then a creamy sweetness that accounts for the “gelatoness”. I haven’t had this hot yet, but I imagine it would be really good as a dessert tea with some soymilk and sugar. I’ll be trying it that way soon. This is tasty. The combination of lime and green tea is a winner!

Iced 8 min or more

Aug26, 6pm EST i see your note.

i can see it! Aug26, 6:48pm EST (boychik i like ur style!)

Thanks for letting me know!

I confess, I’m not sure who sent me this one… I know it was a freebie extra sample from one of my recent swaps, but I stupidly forgot to write a name on it. Thanks and sorry, whoever you are! :P It’s a combination of fruit and green tea. It smells very… limey. Limey in a cleaning product kind of way. This should be interesting, heh.

The brewed aroma is much less intense, thankfully. And the flavor is much lighter than I expected! It’s definitely artificial lime, but I still find it tasty, like lime candy. I don’t taste yogurt thankfully, because I think that would be weird in a tea. There is definitely a creamy element, and I can taste a little bit of apple. Overall, this is a pretty enjoyable tea, and I’m sure it would be very good iced too.

Edit: I just realized that this reminds me immensely of the new lime golden Oreos that are out this summer!

Flavors: Apple, Candy, Cream, Lime, Sweet

Lime golden oreos? Sacrilege!

Cameron B.

Hah, do you not like lime? :P

Haha, I like lime well enough, I’m just an oreo purist :)

Cameron B.

Pshhhh… I like the plain ol’ Oreo, but I also love the Birthday Cake golden ones! So good.

Well, birthday cake is at least in the same family! I can get behind that ;)

Lime golden Oreos??? Man. I did not need to see that.

Mmm, smells just like a key lime pie, the taste could be a bit stronger for my liking, but it’s still very nice. I love being able to get my dose of green sencha in a tasty, creamy, sweet limey form! I tried it iced, but to be honest, I like it better hot…

Combined with milk, this tea is DE-VINE. (Upped the rating!)

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Vegetal

I’m getting closer to sipping down all the teas I bought during my early loose leaf tea drinking days of summer 2013 – my has a year gone by already?!

Anyway, I had tucked this into the back of my cupboard after I bought it… not sure why, but lately, this has been my go-to. Technically sipping down this 50 gram bag doesn’t mean the end of lime gelato in my cupboard, as I have two adorably cute tins, each containing a mere 10.3g/0.36oz that I bought when the Easter set was 50% off. I’ll wait for a bit before drinking those (but I am going to remove it from my e-cupboard just cause 20 grams is pretty pitiful, especially for a blend that requires 2 tsp per each 8oz cup). At least it lasts 2 steeps if you’re careful.

I’d definitely buy it again, but not for awhile. And as an afternoon/early evening drink, I think I’d prefer switching off between this and the Della Terra chiffons so I can get some rooibos in my system.

This tea is really delicate, which I didn’t expect for whatever reason. It has a nicely mild vegetal taste with a hint of lime in the aftertaste which is not too tart or intense. There is a creamy feel to the tea, although not necessarily a creamy taste. I like it but I’m not blown away.

Flavors: Lime, Vegetal

While not the highest quality green tea underneath the added flavours, this definitely tastes of lime. It begins on the palate as a burst of vegetal flavours that aren’t exactly pleasant, highly reminiscent of the smell of freshly cut weeds in a garden. After a time, however, and continued sipping, it really begins to taste strongly of freshly squeezed limes and lime rind, especially on the rear of the palate. The mouthfeel is somewhat creamy, which I suppose invokes the aspect of this being Lime Gelato, rather than just limes.

Not one I’d buy, personally, though I /do/ love citrus. If the tea itself was of higher quality and/or character, this would definitely be standard faire in my household. Being a lime-flavoured run-of-the-mill green, it isn’t quite worth owning in my opinion. Definitely worth a try though.

Flavors: Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime

160 °F / 71 °C 4 min, 15 sec 200 g 19 OZ / 550 ML

Thank you VariaTea! I had wanted to try this one for awhile I cold brewed this and it tasted like a flat limeade. I think I will try it as a soda tea sometime.

Had this iced today. It’s always refreshing to have this when it’s warm out. The lime is appropriately tart, but mellowed by the lemongrass and yogurty bits. It’s definitely one of my summer staples, and it is good hot or cold, though I do prefer cold on this one.