Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Cream, Lime, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla, Apple, Candy, Creamy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh my goodness! This is scrumptious. I could probably drink this by the gallons. (and I don’t like lime flavored anything, at least before now) It’s not potent or tart by any means, and very refreshing. It smells just like it tastes- like key lime pie. Sadly I only had a small sample of it so I’m going to have to re order some before I can try it iced.

Sooo delicious! Now, this is a summertime tea. I think it tastes best served cold, but it still is quite delicious hot. It tastes like a creamsicile more than anything, and hey, that can only be a good thing right? It’s light, it’s sweet, and I’m so confused how they successfully made it taste so creamy. It’s not too much lime, either. Honestly, you need to try this. It will bring a nice refreshing boost to your summer nights.

Just thinking about it makes me long for warm weather.

This was an iced sample cup at the mall.

I think this may be a possible substitute for Della Terra’s Lime Chiffon. It may not be caffeine-free but it’s easier to get a hold of on my end. To think I wrote this one off years ago when I had just discovered David’s Tea!

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Pineapple

Iced

This tea was one of my favourite buys from my first trip to Davids! It actually surprised me with how tasty it was. Very light and refreshing, and it does have a creamy taste on top of the lime that gives it a dessert flavour. My only complaint would be that it’s maybe a bit too sweet and could contain a little more actual tea in it, but I suppose it is a dessert tea after all. Still, definitely a winner in my opinion, and one I will be buying again!

I really wanted to love this tea. Maybe I had too much expectations because it smells so good. I even bought a full tin. I tried it so many different ways, steeped in boiling water, according to the tin instructions, steeped as green tea, with honey, but it always, always tastes like those cheap green tea oversteeped (is that even a word?) served in asian restaurants.

I can give my tin away. I hate it.

I can’t get enough of this as an iced tea. We fight over this one at home!

This was good both iced and hot. There is a bit of sweetness already. The creaminess of the yogurt tastes really good. I got a second steep out of it!

Mmm… delicious. I put off trying this for so long after multiple people convinced me that this was nearly identical to Lime Bang. Well, it is – however, while Lime Bang was prone to be bitter and sour despite a dedicated effort not to oversteep, Lime Gelato is creamier & delicately sweet thanks to the yogurt drops. A vast improvement! I can’t wait to try this iced.

I just don’t even care if this sounds disgusting. This tea tastes like melted lime popsicles. We used to make these amazing lime yogurt frozen pops every few summers and this is almost exactly that in liquid form. I love it. I love it I love it I love it.
It’s creamy, but not too creamy. Not buttery, but definitely thicker than plain old tea. This tea is really nice warm but it’s exceptionally good iced. I don’t know what it is about DavidsTea but they make incredible citrusy teas that lend themselves exceptionally well to being iced or hot. This tea also does not oversteep easily. I left the tea to steep for over ten minutes and it was still fine but I find around 7 minutes is optimal.
This is definitely a staple in my tea cupboard now.