Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Candy, Cream, Lime, Sweet, Creamy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmm! Creamy limey goodness! So smooth! I’m fairly impressed with this David’s blend. If I ever end up buying some I’ll probably mix it with some additional sencha, as its light on the actual sencha. I am drinking it hot but I’ll probably try the rest of my sample over ice.

Thanks BrewTEAlly Sweet! :)

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Its sooooo good over I’ve ice with fresh lime wedges! Let me know which one you like better. This one or the della terra lime chiffon?

Stephanie

I can guarantee this one, what with the no chance of me tasting any rooibos at all, though they are quite similar!

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Yay! :D I’m so glad ur enjoying my swap!

Sad sipdown. :,C

Finished off the last of this today. (So much for saving it for summer. XD) It’s just so gosh darned tasty. I particularly like this one cold steeped. In fact, I’m getting one last hoohah out of the last of these leaves as we speak. I love that I can brew a cup hot then just throw the left overs in the fridge. Its a creamy, wonderful, healthy concoction. Hot and iced.

This was great, definitely going on the reorder list.

This is actually really good. Usually I’m not a big fan of green teas in general, and this does still have a bit of the green tea flavour that I don’t like, mostly in the aftertaste, but the flavouring and whatever else is in it makes for a nice creamy lime treat. I used up the entire sample on one pot so I’m glad that it turned out well.

I picked up 50g of this to ice finally.
SO SO GOOD.
I’m drinking it today instead of coffee, which has sadly taken over due to its availability and energizing characteristics.
I need to suck it up and just drink my tea all the time, instead of saving it for when I have filtered water only. Aka.. I need to be less of a tea snob so I can actually drink the tea!
…..Either that, or buy a water filter for the office. Thoughts?

Onto this tea:
Cold-brewed in the fridge results in an amazingly creamy lime gelato flavour. I honestly am so satisfied with this flavour as it tastes like creamy and sweet lime gelato.
Heaven.

Kittenna

Yeah, this one is sooooooo delicious. My suggestion would be to buy a water filter for the office!

Nxtdoor

yep. delicious. lime gelato and goji pop are going to be part of my cupboard for a very, very long time.

Earlier this summer I found myself in a brick and mortar David’s, which was a ridiculously awesome shopping experience. I ordered this as a Tea Pop as I was getting ready to check out. After looking over the receipt later, I found out they didn’t charge me for it!

Fast forward a few months, and I stumbled across this tea while looking for something I haven’t tried yet. From memory, I could have sworn it was an herbal. I didn’t really notice much green tea at all in the bag, so maybe that’s why my memory failed me. The smell reminds me of key lime pie (making it a bit similar to Lime Chiffon in that regard).

The suggested steeping temperature is 200F, which seems way too high for green tea. I went with 180F, which is my standard temperature for greens. The result was sooooo tasty. I absolutely adore this tea. If there were a graham component to the flavor, I would swear it was key lime pie in a cup. I honestly didn’t taste much of the green base, so it loses a few points for that.

Well done, David’s.

JustJames

i really liked this one…. i was completely caught offguard by it! lol.

I bought this to make iced tea but never got to it. So now I’m trying to sip down my summery teas so I can make room for fall ones. Pumpkin chai has been raved about so much that I can’t wait to try it!

This one is slightly tart but there’s a sweet creaminess at the end. It kinda reminds me of Movie Night in an apple-y playful green tea kinda way. It’s a fun pick once in a while but probably not something I’d crave often.

Thank you Kittenna for sending me some of this. I added some sugar. I believe I can taste the lime with some creamyness and some apple and mabe touchs of the the other ingredients and the green tea. This is pretty good. Not overly tart or anything. Thanks for letting me try this before buying a larger amount Kittenna.

Kittenna

I really like this one, and would definitely recommend purchasing more!

I received this as a sample in my last order. Well I needed a nice pick-me-up yesterday (yes I’m back logging) so I thought I’d give this a try. The smell was slightly tart and was so delicious! The flavor was full of creamy, lime goodness. The only complaint I had was that it left a bad aftertaste. I would definitely order this again :]

IrishBreakfastLass

This sounds really good! I love all things lime. I’m thinking I need to get a DT order together in the near future!

Lime Gelato from Davids Tea. Lime Gelato is a fruity green tea. When I opened the sample, I was immediately taken by the aroma. It smells just like key lime pie and the liquor stays true its fragrance. It follows through on taste. The lime is distinct but not tart and there is just a whisper of sweetness. This is a delicious, light refreshing tea and I can easily drink gallons of it. It tastes like a watered down lime sorbet. I imagine this tea would be amazing iced. Full tin worthy for sure!

DaisyChubb

mmm I love this one! So creamy and tart!

This tea is still finicky with me. When you get it right, it is awesome but when you get it wrong, you are left with . . . something resembling tea. I took a bit off a friend’s hands who had given up on it and am drinking it up tonight. It is too finicky for me to buy again, though.