Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Green, Lime, Citrusy, Creamy, Cream, Vanilla, Nutty, Apple, Sweet, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m really tired today. It’s been kind of depressing. I totally needed an uplifting tea. Citrus always struck me as a cheery scent so I gave this a try. THe smell totally reminds me of chinese yogurt drinks. It’s also like Pink Berry, which I love. The lime is a really nice complement. I didn’t really like it hot, probably because of the slight tartness. I loved how it felt creamy though. I like it a lot better now that it’s cooled down.

The smell is great but the taste, not as great. It was alright, but I probably won’t buy any more.

Steeped the last of this earlier this morning, and put it in my stainless steel tumbler from Teavana leaving the lid open while I got ready for school. I added a tiny bit of vanilla agave. It was perfect temperature when I got to school. The agave really brought out that level of creaminess that I love in this tea. It’s so refreshing, even when hot. This might be my favourite green tea ever (saying something considering I don’t favour greens). I’m sad to see it go and will definitely be repurchasing for the summertime!

VariaTEA

This really is a tasty green :)

VariaTEA

This is definitely an awesome green.

VariaTEA

Ugh steepster keeps posting comments they lost. Sorry for the million responses.

noyadefleur

Haha no worries. I love it too. :)

this was a very surprising tea. thanks so much to scribbles for including this in our exchange!

the tea base in this blend is a sencha, a tea notorious for going bitter if you aren’t sitting by the timer. the first time i tried it (last night) i watched and waited. today was a gong show and i wasn’t as diligent. guess what? no bitterness. nice!

the next hurtle: lime and yogurt with green tea? um, i really was not certain. the name of the tea is perfect. this tea is a creamy, refreshing, NOT over-citrused blend.

today in victoria it was a scorcher, screaming hot with humidity piled on top. this tea was an excellent reboot! very nice indeed david’s teas, you combined a group of complicated elements and created a very nice brew!

scribbles

Don’t know if you tried it cold brewed…is good! Same creamy, subtle tart flavour…

JustJames

i keep meaning to try it cold, but then i run out of patience, lol.

I can’t believe how good this is!!! A few days ago I drank it as a hot brew, and I was really surprised how creamy it was, and that the lime was not over-powering or too tart.
I just had it cold brewed and it was delicious. The creaminess was not as prominent, and the lime flavour was perfect!
I foresee future purchases of this one. YUM!!

Aimee Popovacki

bleh I have a bunch of this one left.. its not one of my favorites

scribbles

Hi Aimee, I sent a message about lime gelato. I am willing to trade if you want.

Oh my! I am learning to love flavoured green tea. And this one is delicious! Perfectly lime & cream to get that lime gelato taste. Lacking in the green tea flavour, but that is perfect for me. I am so pleased with this tea. It was a last minute decision to buy & I’m glad I did.

I’ve nearly sampled the whole Tealet collection! Just 2 senchas left to go!

Neverless, I am taking this short detour with an old favorite, because I don’t want to be up all night on a sencha high. Lime gelato, while ostensibly caffeinated, is really an apple tea masquerading as a green tea (hey by the look of the three tea leaves in here, this has sencha in it too). I think this tea is 80% dried apple, 15% dried lime, 4.9% yogurt bits, and .1% sencha. This might not sound like the most appealing mix, but it always turns out delicious.

This was perfect this morning. Just as wonderful as I remember it being! I am not crazy about Lime Gelato iced, but hot, it is amazing. Lime, lime and more lime. This is truly a spring/summer tea for me and, with it still hovering close to -30 C in the mornings, I need all the spring feelings I can get!

Oh sweet limey goodness. This was one of the first DT i tired. And fell in love. I like the the lime isn’t a overpowering sourness, its just perfect.

This tea is very nice and does taste like creamy lime gelato or even key lime pie.

I like to use different teas for different occasions, and this one I use for the kind of mornings after the baby wakes up several times in the night, then I have a work deadline in the morning. Actually, I am having that kind of day right now and I am writing tea reviews to avoid it! This tea is my replacement for the handful of chocolate chip cookies or the big piece of cake that I used to grab for. This tea says “it is okay, things are not so bad, have some ‘pie’!” Hey, it’s not Xanex, but it feels awfully good to drink.

It brews very light – so light that at first I was worried about messing it up somehow. But, I think it is just the style. It is also a bit unsettling to see the chunky fruit pieces as they brew. I don’t think there is much caffeine here, since there are so many fruit pieces.

Try it iced as a sample in Saint-Bruno.

Well…. Gelato? Is it possibly disgusting as a tea?
Nope. But it’s nothing new in the taste AND smell.

This one is a copy of Lime Bang in EACH way.
The only change is that this one has a really better tea basis.
The Gunpowder in Lime Bang was poor quality.

Overall, it’s good, but it’s nothing memorable.

politicalmachine

lol, i think the novelty of any new dt blends has worn out on me.