Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Cream, Lime, Sweet, Tangy, Vanilla, Apple, Candy, Creamy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this one again today. I had told a friend of mine that I’d tried it previously and wasn’t impressed, she asked me some questions and we came to the conclusion that I likely steeped it wrong. I changed the steep time and water temperature to what she advised was correct for green teas, but the result was still the same. I still found this tea to have a weak smell and a weak flavor. I previously assumed it was because it was a green tea, but I tried DAVIDs Movie Night this week and realized that flavored green teas can pack a hell of a lot of flavor.

Once I steeped it according to my friend’s suggestion, took a sip and discovered it was no better than when I steeped it last week, I added some lime agave, hoping it would bring out the tea’s lime flavor…still no better. After reading all of the reviews for this tea here on Steepster, I’m wondering if I’m still doing something wrong in the way I’m steeping this blend or if I really just don’t love it.

Roswell Strange

I think I had the same issues with David’s Goji Pop. I just COULDN’T get it to steep red – and every picture or review I’d ever seen of it mentioned that it’s bright red when steeped. I’d talked to different people and was SURE I was brewing it wrong or just drinking the wrong tea because EVERY time I drank it I could taste a light, goji and melon taste but the liquid was crystal clear. I don’t remember what I did differently, but one day I brewed some up in a last ditch attempt to make the freaking tea turn red and low and behold it actually did! And it tasted completely different and much more flavourful too. I have no idea what changed in how I was brewing it though – it just worked. So maybe give it a few more tries fooling around with how you’re steeping it: tea can be funny sometimes. Although, you’re right: you might just not like this one.

Another great tea from DT. Since the warmer (barely) season has arrived I have been craving more fruity teas and less of the heavier winter teas. Which is all well in good till I realized that I had no fruity teas left in my cupboard. So, I bought this one and a few others; Berry Good, Coco Lemon Thai, Bollywood Chai and this tea. The smell was nice and light. The taste is even better. I love the lime here, it is lemony without it begin overpowering. It is creamy and good.

Well this tea is a nice summer treat, smells delicious and tastes it too. It does taste very creamy and limey like the description says. The girl in the store told me it tastes better with some milk in it, but i found it was better without milk. I tried to double steep this for ice tea and the second brew had very little taste to it compared to other teas i’ve double brewed. I’ve never tried this tea warm so no notes on that.

Attempting this one again as it was in my Easter Egg Tea Hunt!

I have some of this one still, hanging around from… well, I don’t know when. It’s been a long time since I bought it that I don’t even remember buying it. It’s so odd…

Anyways, so I’m trying the fresh stuff as I wasn’t super impressed with the other stuff I Have at home.

This time however, it’s not too bad! I have NO idea what the temp of water I used was. I had boiled the kettle, forgot about it for probably 10mins? Then went and made myself a second steeping of checkmate as that’s what I had this morning. When that flopped, I thought I’d try this one. So the kettle was sitting for… probably like 15mins before I used the water. It’s not too cold thankfully and when I did use the kettle water, I didn’t have quite enough for my cup so I added some tap lukewarm water to it… just a tiny bit though.

What a mishmashed cup of tea!

Anyways, this one has turned out quite nice despite it all! It’s a very light lime taste that is pretty good. I’d probably think to add a bit more tea leaves or add some fresh lime juice to bring out the lime more.

The green tea base is okay. I’m not much for green teas so I’m kind meh about it.

I’m getting a bit of the lemon from the tea, but it’s not overpower. I like but I don’t know. I’m going to have to try it cold.

As it cools I like it more and more. It’s getting more limey and I like it. I probably wouldn’t grab this one often, but I’m starting to appreciate it more and more.

scribbles

I love this one cold brewed…so good.

One of the first things that jump out at you when you first catch the scent of the leaves is lemongrass. It is quite dominant, and very refreshing. A slight creamy texture compliments the more subtle aromas, mainly fruit, in this extremely interesting blend.

I am indeed very intrigued, as steeping gives more of the lemongrass, more of the same of the creamy texture, and strangely subtler aromas that swirl around. The brew is a cloudy blonde color, and very bright.

There is a satisfying surprise in the flavor that you don’t really expect. It is not what you thought a lime gelato tea would taste, as the flavor has a light creaminess. There is a very lime flavor mixed with the sweet essence of other fruit, followed by the lemongrass. The sencha finishes with a subtle astringency that appropriately closes the blend.

It is quite a smooth flavor, pleasing to the last drop, and, I can imagine, a thousand times better iced.

Like this one a lot! The first time I had it I don’t think I had it quite strong enough for my liking as an iced tea, as I was worried about the tart factor. but I burned through my little 25g in a few days and just got more. Think this one is a keeper!

This was recommended to me by my favourite lady at my local shop. I was pleasantly surprised by how good this one is. I loved it hot but made a huge batch for iced tea and it was excellent.

I know….again….i have almost 30 teas (or maybe more?!) and i drink this one all the time but…there is nothing i can do, it’s wonderful! lol

R4iNB0W

I just wanted to do as my friend Oreole this afternoon…hhaahha! :)

Nice and flavourful as a cold-brewed refresher.

I only had a few servings of this because I bought it as a part of the Sweet Indulgence gift box, and I just finished my last cup. I’m very sad to see this one go as it was love at first sip !

It’s so sweet and tart at the same time, just like a lime. What I like the most is how creamy this is. I thought it would simply be a lime tea (which would also have been very good), but they really got the “gelato” in there. So creamy. Love love love !