Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Cherry, Cream, Lime, Creamy, Custard, Sweet, Vanilla, Fruity, Green, Citrusy, Nutty, Apple, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Pineapple
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy. This tea is my new favourite. I even bought a tin of this one without trying it in the hopes it would be amazing. I was not dissapointed. It has a sweet flavour to it and that is something I am looking for in some teas these days. They replace dessert that way for no calories.

The colour is quite light and I was worried that it would be a really light tea but you get lots of flavour bang for your buck. It is a nice subtly tea without the Bang of Lime of Lime Bang. Very tasty. I will need to refill my tin before this one goes away. Apparently it will be around until the end of summer at least. Yay.

Today is rainy and blah so I decided to keep this as a hot cup of tea even though it is screaming to be iced. I know people might be hesitant to drink this hot, but it’s really good! Really warm, sweet, and creamy. Really nice.

I have never tried lime bang or any of the other lime teas from DT, but I really like this one. It kind of reminds me of Dreamsicle for the creamy and sweet factor, but it’s pulled off way better. I really hope they keep this one around – I think i’ll be craving it from time to time.

Today was unseasonably warm, so this one sounded just right. The blend smells just like key lime flavored pie or yogurt, as well as having a sweet preserved-fruit aroma coming from the pineapple pieces. The blend is pretty heavy on the fruit pieces and other non-tea ingredients, so I expected it to be fairly light. It brews up to a pale yellow-green color, and indeed the flavor and presence of the tea base are very unassuming. The lime flavor is definitely there, light and refreshing and not overly sweet. I keep telling myself that natural lime flavor probably doesn’t taste like that, but I can’t help but genuinely enjoy it. The very light creaminess helps round this one out nicely as well, it’s one of those rare dessert teas that manage to be both creamy and delicate. Thanks beelicious for the nice surprise!

Not gonna lie, I love these gimmicky dessert teas. Lime gelato as a tea is such a silly idea, and it’s obviously nothing like actually eating gelato, but I’m into it.

There’s definitely lime flavor here, more on the artificial side, and while it’s not an official note I actually notice a bit of cherry here as well. I don’t taste any of the green tea base whatsoever, and I wouldn’t have been able to pick out the lemongrass or pineapple if I didn’t know about them. There is a slight cream flavor, which is where the gelato part comes in, but it’s subtle.

Like any tea of this nature, light sugar or sweetener really brings out the flavors in this blend. It’s a really nice treat!

Flavors: Cherry, Cream, Lime

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

warm green jello. interesting but not some i would drink again.

Today seems to be review Davids Teas day. This one is a sample I got from my last order, though it’s actually been on my wishlist for some time. The dry tea smells very much like lime-flavoured hard candies. The flavour is more like lemongrass to me with a sweeter, fruity undertone. I can’t really taste much of the pineapple or apple that’s supposedly in there – of course I went with a reduced steeping temperature and time compared to what the packet recommended, so that might have something to do with it.

This is one of those teas that are tricky to make perfectly every time. Everyone knows green teas are delicate and temperamental but I find this one especially finicky for some reason.

However, when I do make it just right, it’s AMAZING! I just can’t figure out how they make it taste so creamy and tart at the same time! It’s delicious. I prefer it hot but it’s not bad iced.

This is my new favorite tea.

I distinctly remember saying to myself, “Ew, who in their right mind would like a lime flavored tea?”. There was numerous times that I would see comments from people obsessed with this tea and wondering what all the fuss is about. First of all I’m not the hugest green tea fan. Second, I don’t normally gravitate toward citrus flavors such as lime. Just my luck, I received a sample of this tea with my purchase so I figured I would finally get to the bottom of this craze.

Well, Iet me begin by saying the smell alone resonates a deep memory of my childhood when my grandmother’s baking would fill her house with these exact notes of custard, heavy cream and vanilla. The light but, very much there, lime really pulls through quite luxuriously for a beautiful, well-balanced cup of tea.
This tea has the natural characteristics of a summers night pick and I’m sure this will be delicious over ice or cold brewed. But with the eruption of warm sweet notes, I can see myself being drawn to this tea throughout the whole year!

Flavors: Creamy, Custard, Lime, Sweet, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

One of my FAVOURITE flavoured greens, hands down. This is delicious hot or iced (though I prefer it hot), and is definitely one I recommend to people who are looking for a flavoured green.

This is a tea that I’m on edge about. I may feel that way because I bought a decent amount of it. When you open up the tin you get hit with an amazingly overpowering smell of lime with a slight hint of cream.

When I was steeping it i couldn’t wait for it to cool down a little bit and drink away. The first taste was amazing. Lime, a slight hint of cream, and very refreshing! But the aftertaste is a little much for me. There’s a strange creamy/stale aftertaste that doesn’t go away and you taste it when the tea is made hot or cold.

After reading a few reviews I’m going to make another cup of it but then steep it again for a second cup which I never do. Hopefully I end up liking it that way because if not I will have to find someone to give it to.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity, Lime