Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Sencha
Creamy, Lime, Sweet, Cream, Apple, Citrusy, Nutty, Pleasantly Sour, Tart, Lemongrass, Smooth, Pineapple, Citrus, Frosting, Yogurt, Green, Sugar, Lemon, Cherry, Fruity, Custard, Vanilla, Tangy, Candy, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

“That’s amore.”

Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

Ingredients: Apple, sencha green tea, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), lemongrass, artificial creamy lime flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy. This tea is my new favourite. I even bought a tin of this one without trying it in the hopes it would be amazing. I was not dissapointed. It has a sweet flavour to it and that is something I am looking for in some teas these days. They replace dessert that way for no calories.

The colour is quite light and I was worried that it would be a really light tea but you get lots of flavour bang for your buck. It is a nice subtly tea without the Bang of Lime of Lime Bang. Very tasty. I will need to refill my tin before this one goes away. Apparently it will be around until the end of summer at least. Yay.

Today is rainy and blah so I decided to keep this as a hot cup of tea even though it is screaming to be iced. I know people might be hesitant to drink this hot, but it’s really good! Really warm, sweet, and creamy. Really nice.

I have never tried lime bang or any of the other lime teas from DT, but I really like this one. It kind of reminds me of Dreamsicle for the creamy and sweet factor, but it’s pulled off way better. I really hope they keep this one around – I think i’ll be craving it from time to time.

So. This is not the first cup of Lime Gelato that I’ve had. I’ve had several. This leaf has appeared in various sampler kits from DT, and I’ve not been overly impressed.

Today, I was in the rare mood for a flavoured green tea, something tart and possibly creamy. Something diluted enough with other things to not contain too much caffeine.I have an apple green that I’ve yet to try, but apple seems to show up so often in DT herbals that I am a bit tired of it for the moment. I considered Movie Night, but no. So lime it is.

Previously, I had steeped the Lime Gelato from the tiny tins in samplers. Today, I opened up a fresh batch, and wow! The previous ones that I had tried must have been stale because this one is all flavour and loveliness. Lime and a few levels of sweet tang that you might get from a citrus sorbet. Not much green going on here. Perhaps in the second steeping it will come out a bit more.

Yes, it is lovely. So my rating is based on today’s moments with this tea.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Sweet

So far, this is my most enjoyable after-dinner green dessert tea ever. There’s a very nice sweetness in here that satisfies my sweet tooth and the creamy lime tang actually sweetens it a litte more, leaving something resembling a key lime pie taste in my mouth. Yes, it’s that good!

Flavors: Cream, Lime, Sweet

1 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

A gentle green tea great for the evening. The lime flavour is not juice-like or gaudy; it’s instead a subdued citrus overtone that mingles well with the apple chunks. I didn’t pick up on any of the creaminess it claims to have, but I would argue it benefits from that absence. Overall a very low key but delicious tea perfect for keeping things simple.
Part of the DAVID’sTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Apple, Lime

It’s between Lime Gelato and Cherry Blossom for my favourite chilled tea. This is seriously tasty and the perfect tea that’s not too bitter, but not too sweet!

Flavors: Citrusy, Lime, Nutty, Pleasantly Sour, Tart

A very nice green tea. The aroma dried and brewed is like a lovely key lime pie. The flavour has a wonderful creamy sweetness to it. There’s something comforting and even indulgent about it. I didn’t really find the apple or pineapple notes in it, but was happy enough with the creamy lemon-lime taste.

Flavors: Citrusy, Creamy, Lemongrass, Lime, Smooth, Sweet

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

Got this iced at DAVID’s yesterday. Very nice, light iced tea. Definitely prominently a creamy lime flavour. Also got a hint of pineapple of well. The tea element is slightly noticeable, but not hugely in your face. Probably wouldn’t buy any, but it was nice.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Pineapple

I got this tea as a free sample from a Davids Tea order, which is great, because I would never order it on my own. The dry leaf and hot tea smell strongly of sweet lime, very much like lime yogurt or key lime pie. Drinking it without sugar or milk gives more focus to the tart lime flavors, rather than the creaminess, though it it very sweet on its own. I don’t taste much of the sencha or the vegetal grassiness would I expect. Sweet lime and a touch of cream. I bet it’s great iced or as an iced popsicle. Not my style of tea, but fun to get a taste.

Flavors: Citrus, Cream, Frosting, Lime, Sweet, Yogurt

Overnight cold brew = HELLO HEAVEN! OH GOD. THIS IS DIVINE. Smashed the weak hot brew out of the PARK! Almost crying real tears over how delicious this is. It can move straight back to the wish list now I’ve finished my sample.

Second steep is far less flavoursome, because of all the fruit that got sucked dry in a single steep… but leave it for a couple of days and you get a very subtle, lovely brew. Sweet memories of the first brew. Oh man.