Lime Gelato

Fruit Green Blend
Creamy, Lime, Vegetal, Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Cream, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

“That’s amore.”
Remember the summer you spent in Italy? Sipping espresso on the terrace, catching a ride on the back of a stranger’s Vespa, and of course, trying your first taste of tart, creamy lime gelato. With its fresh, fruity aroma and smooth flavour, this delicious mix of fruit, yogurt, and green tea will bring you right back. Try it iced. On a terrace. While the moon hits your eye.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Yummy. This tea is my new favourite. I even bought a tin of this one without trying it in the hopes it would be amazing. I was not dissapointed. It has a sweet flavour to it and that is something I am looking for in some teas these days. They replace dessert that way for no calories.

The colour is quite light and I was worried that it would be a really light tea but you get lots of flavour bang for your buck. It is a nice subtly tea without the Bang of Lime of Lime Bang. Very tasty. I will need to refill my tin before this one goes away. Apparently it will be around until the end of summer at least. Yay.

Today is rainy and blah so I decided to keep this as a hot cup of tea even though it is screaming to be iced. I know people might be hesitant to drink this hot, but it’s really good! Really warm, sweet, and creamy. Really nice.

I have never tried lime bang or any of the other lime teas from DT, but I really like this one. It kind of reminds me of Dreamsicle for the creamy and sweet factor, but it’s pulled off way better. I really hope they keep this one around – I think i’ll be craving it from time to time.

Mmm, smells just like a key lime pie, the taste could be a bit stronger for my liking, but it’s still very nice. I love being able to get my dose of green sencha in a tasty, creamy, sweet limey form! I tried it iced, but to be honest, I like it better hot…

Combined with milk, this tea is DE-VINE. (Upped the rating!)

Flavors: Creamy, Lime, Vegetal

Sipdown-ish!

I’m getting closer to sipping down all the teas I bought during my early loose leaf tea drinking days of summer 2013 – my has a year gone by already?!

Anyway, I had tucked this into the back of my cupboard after I bought it… not sure why, but lately, this has been my go-to. Technically sipping down this 50 gram bag doesn’t mean the end of lime gelato in my cupboard, as I have two adorably cute tins, each containing a mere 10.3g/0.36oz that I bought when the Easter set was 50% off. I’ll wait for a bit before drinking those (but I am going to remove it from my e-cupboard just cause 20 grams is pretty pitiful, especially for a blend that requires 2 tsp per each 8oz cup). At least it lasts 2 steeps if you’re careful.

I’d definitely buy it again, but not for awhile. And as an afternoon/early evening drink, I think I’d prefer switching off between this and the Della Terra chiffons so I can get some rooibos in my system.

This tea is really delicate, which I didn’t expect for whatever reason. It has a nicely mild vegetal taste with a hint of lime in the aftertaste which is not too tart or intense. There is a creamy feel to the tea, although not necessarily a creamy taste. I like it but I’m not blown away.

Flavors: Lime, Vegetal

While not the highest quality green tea underneath the added flavours, this definitely tastes of lime. It begins on the palate as a burst of vegetal flavours that aren’t exactly pleasant, highly reminiscent of the smell of freshly cut weeds in a garden. After a time, however, and continued sipping, it really begins to taste strongly of freshly squeezed limes and lime rind, especially on the rear of the palate. The mouthfeel is somewhat creamy, which I suppose invokes the aspect of this being Lime Gelato, rather than just limes.

Not one I’d buy, personally, though I /do/ love citrus. If the tea itself was of higher quality and/or character, this would definitely be standard faire in my household. Being a lime-flavoured run-of-the-mill green, it isn’t quite worth owning in my opinion. Definitely worth a try though.

Flavors: Bamboo, Cut grass, Green Melons, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime

160 °F / 71 °C 4 min, 15 sec 200 g 19 OZ / 550 ML

Thank you VariaTea! I had wanted to try this one for awhile I cold brewed this and it tasted like a flat limeade. I think I will try it as a soda tea sometime.

Had this iced today. It’s always refreshing to have this when it’s warm out. The lime is appropriately tart, but mellowed by the lemongrass and yogurty bits. It’s definitely one of my summer staples, and it is good hot or cold, though I do prefer cold on this one.

The dry leaf is all lime, cream and grass. I steeped it for 3 minutes at 65 degrees and the flavours were subtle, but lovely. The lime is not overpowering, although I can’t say that the green tea really shines through. It is sweet and creamy and simply wonderful.

This tea smelled a little strange dry, but was delicious once steeped! I made a cup and iced it and it was delicious. I went light on the leaves to make sure the flavors wouldn’t be overpowering, and it was perfect. Loved this delicate but powerful new addition to my collection, but probably wouldn’t restock (there’s just so many teas that I want to try).

Flavors: Cream