Green Tea
Green Tea
Fish Broth, Fishy, Garden Peas, Iodine, Seaweed, Thick, Broth, Brown Toast, Butter, Nuts, Toast, Toasty, Umami, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I feel like there is a monster sitting in my chest… Ugh I got very little sleep last night, having the same recurring dream all night long. Woke up probably a million times. I usually...” Read full tasting note
    Kamyria 125 tasting notes
  • “This is my very first Dragonwell, and I’m not sure whether I should expect most other Dragonwells to taste like this or to try others. It’s quite vegetal, for which I don’t...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1250 tasting notes
  • “Again with the sourness. I guess my theory was wrong shrugs This was ok. A little too vegetal for me. I had a busy day at work and ended up forgetting about the second steep of...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1488 tasting notes
  • “Drinking a rather large pot of this at the moment. I’m trying to get rid of some of my tea before my other orders get here so I’m adding an extra cup or two to the pot! I do enjoy this...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 871 tasting notes

Rich and famous

Watered by rain from a local dragon, brewed by a Chinese emperor for his ailing mother, and honoured as the Qing Dynasty’s Imperial tea, Dragonwell is surrounded by lore. Imitators abound, but our Dragonwell is the real thing, grown and processed in China’s West Lake Region. The leaves are hand plucked and meticulously pressed in a hot wok over and over until the ideal temperature, shape, and flavour are reached. Perfection in every cup. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Green tea from West Lake Region, Hangzhou area, Zhejiang province, China.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

2min 30 sec @ 80C

It smells exactly like miso soup? Well.. thats mouthwatering, actually.

Ok. The tea has cooled down, and I have tasted it…. It does taste a little like miso! And then like slightly buttered, not-white-but-not-quite-whole-grain toast. There is a toasted nutty taste for sure. I quite like it! I would love a stronger flavour though, but I think I may have underleafed. Mmm. this tea is very food-like, super digging it. Would buy again.

Edit: 2nd steep @ 82C for 4minutes ish is more miso and more butter. YESSS

Flavors: Broth, Brown Toast, Butter, Nuts, Toast, Toasty, Umami

David’s Dragonwell is my favourite of quite a few Dragonwells I’ve had the pleasure of trying. It’s sunny and sweet, not smoky, and almost honey-like. Very forgiving of longer brew times and rebrews. Delicious.

1 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

A really nice green tea to give you that little afternoon boost. It’s a pretty grassy tea with lots of vegatale notes. Not bitter in the slightest if you don’t oversteep it.

Flavors: Grass

Dragonwell is an extremely strong green tea! It is a somewhat high quality tea. A lot of work went into making this tea taste the way it does.

It tastes rustic, and kind of woody, but in a good way! The green tea taste is still there though, and that’s the best part.

I feel like I should be on a retreat in the mountains in China, practising ancient Buddhist meditation to a beautiful sunrise! Yes, that is the journey that this tea takes my senses on when I drink it! It feels so good, and comforting; it’s incredibly delicious!

This is my standard green tea that I drink almost on a daily basis. Reminds me of the Dragonwell I used to buy in Shanghai but the only difference is that they would keep their tea in a freezer. Smells and looks slightly similar to alfalfa grass . Strong but pleasant taste and can be steeped multiple times. If you’re trying to find a new tea similar to Japanese green tea then look elsewhere.

Another Chinese green tea.

English style steeping:

Steep 1: vegetal and slightly nutty, very pleasant.

Steep 2: Not too much flavour left in the leaves sadly.

One of my favorite green teas, has a hint of citrus in the scent to me, but very light and mild. Refreshing tea that you can drink often and doesn’t grow tiresome.