Green Seduction (organic)

Green Tea
Black Tea, Green Rooibos, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Pomegranate Seeds, Rose Hips
Berries, Grass
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Interesting. I first tried this tea 8 months ago, apparently, and wrote that I thought that jasmine was the dominant flavour. Odd! I'm really not picking up on that now, I'm getting a light...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Using a free sample obtained from David's Tea during their recent birthdy party. Intriguingly, this sample has no fruit pieces in it, which I remember featuring in the blend. This was one of my...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 694 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed this for my drive up...of course I got way too involved in driving (or yelling at people too, there are pull overs for a damn reason people) and now after getting here, just saying hi...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “I was a little less impressed with this tea tonight. I paid attention to steep time and water temp and still got a slight bitterness. I do like the berry and rosehip notes I am getting, but the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 484 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Give in to it

Ah, the pomegranate. In Greek mythology, Hades, god of the underworld, used pomegranate seeds to seduce Persephone, goddess of fertility. In Biblical circles, many think that Eve was actually tempted by a pomegranate, not an apple. What a fruit. We’ve used it to create a green tea that’s just as powerful. Sweetly tart, and seductive on every level. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: green tea, black tea, green rooibos, rosehips, pomegranate arils. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea somewhat surprised me. I’m not usually a fan of plainer teas, I like sweet and spicy teas with more complex flavours. However, this was a fairly plain tea with just a hint of fruitiness (but not in a tart, hibiscus-y way), and I really enjoyed it.

If brewed properly, you will have no other option but to be seduced.

This tea is way too sweet for me. An impulse buy at DavidsTea – I had gone there to replenish my stash of Rose Congou Green. I was disappointed to learn that it was discontinued. The woman who waited on me suggested this Green Seduction. I took a sniff of the tin, which smelled nice, and bought some. I will try steeping for way less time.

“Ah, the pomegranate” is exceptionally accurate. A lovely green tea with that little flair of the pom is just what I need sometimes. Indeed, very seductive. And addictive.

This is my absolute flavored green/black tea!! It has a soft fruity taste to, miss it with peppermint amour (DavidsTea) iced for that summer taste !!

At first sip, this smooth green tea carries with it the fruity flavors of pomegranate, and with the addition of both rooibos and black tea, this tea truly seduces the mind (to want more…and more!)

Love this one! Apaprently I can only enjoy green tea with a bit of a flavour in it, haha. Great impulse buy, self. It must happen again. :)

I got a mini-tin of this from a special event I attended, but I won’t bother adding it to my cupboard because it’s almost gone.

To me, this tea just tastes like a mix of green and black tea with some artificial flavouring in it. I don’t taste pomegranate no matter how much I try to convince myself it’s in there. To be honest, I don’t even taste rosehips despite the fact that I can actually SEE them in the tea mix. They do give a bit of a tartness to the tea, but that’s about it. Not much flavour.

I find this tea really finicky to actually steep. Sometimes I swear I follow the steeping instructions just to be overwhelmed with bitter. So then the next cup I compensate by not steeping as long, and I end up getting a cup of warm water that tastes faintly of tea. It’s a strange one.

I definitely wouldn’t buy this tea. It’s not terrible, but it’s certainly not one of my favourites. And with so many others that I do really like, I just won’t bother.

Interesting mix…a bit of green tea, black tea and rooibos. Not much fruity flavour in my mix. I brewed it as a green tea to be safe, but am getting a slightly bitter taste; not something I would add to my cupboard.

One of the tiny sweet indulgences set tins.
Smells super fruity, sort of reminds me of raspberries, even though I know this is a pomegranate flavor tea. That pomegranate aroma comes out a lot more once it’s steeped, and it tastes like sweet pomegranate seeds. For some reason I’m getting a hint of chocolate as an aftertaste, which might be the result of mixing the black and green teas in this blend. It’s an interesting tea, and pretty good, but not super exciting.