Green Seduction (organic)

Green Tea
Black Tea, Green Rooibos, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Pomegranate Seeds, Rose Hips
Grass, Grenadine, Berries
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Interesting. I first tried this tea 8 months ago, apparently, and wrote that I thought that jasmine was the dominant flavour. Odd! I’m really not picking up on that now, I’m getting a...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2973 tasting notes
  • “Using a free sample obtained from David’s Tea during their recent birthdy party. Intriguingly, this sample has no fruit pieces in it, which I remember featuring in the blend. This was one of...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed this for my drive up…of course I got way too involved in driving (or yelling at people too, there are pull overs for a damn reason people) and now after getting here, just saying...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “I was a little less impressed with this tea tonight. I paid attention to steep time and water temp and still got a slight bitterness. I do like the berry and rosehip notes I am getting, but the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 513 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Give in to it

Ah, the pomegranate. In Greek mythology, Hades, god of the underworld, used pomegranate seeds to seduce Persephone, goddess of fertility. In Biblical circles, many think that Eve was actually tempted by a pomegranate, not an apple. What a fruit. We’ve used it to create a green tea that’s just as powerful. Sweetly tart, and seductive on every level. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: green tea, black tea, green rooibos, rosehips, pomegranate arils. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got a mini-tin of this from a special event I attended, but I won’t bother adding it to my cupboard because it’s almost gone.

To me, this tea just tastes like a mix of green and black tea with some artificial flavouring in it. I don’t taste pomegranate no matter how much I try to convince myself it’s in there. To be honest, I don’t even taste rosehips despite the fact that I can actually SEE them in the tea mix. They do give a bit of a tartness to the tea, but that’s about it. Not much flavour.

I find this tea really finicky to actually steep. Sometimes I swear I follow the steeping instructions just to be overwhelmed with bitter. So then the next cup I compensate by not steeping as long, and I end up getting a cup of warm water that tastes faintly of tea. It’s a strange one.

I definitely wouldn’t buy this tea. It’s not terrible, but it’s certainly not one of my favourites. And with so many others that I do really like, I just won’t bother.

Interesting mix…a bit of green tea, black tea and rooibos. Not much fruity flavour in my mix. I brewed it as a green tea to be safe, but am getting a slightly bitter taste; not something I would add to my cupboard.

One of the tiny sweet indulgences set tins.
Smells super fruity, sort of reminds me of raspberries, even though I know this is a pomegranate flavor tea. That pomegranate aroma comes out a lot more once it’s steeped, and it tastes like sweet pomegranate seeds. For some reason I’m getting a hint of chocolate as an aftertaste, which might be the result of mixing the black and green teas in this blend. It’s an interesting tea, and pretty good, but not super exciting.

Tasty but unremarkable. It tastes like a slightly fancier version of my current boxed green tea. Nice and light but probably won’t rebuy.

This stuff smells really pretty. It actually reminds me a little of the palais de the the du hamman. Not as potent, but pretty like it. It has a floral and exotic fruit bouquet. _ Tastes smooth, and smells lovely.

Received as a sampler packet from an online order with Davids. One and a half teaspoons of very fruity smelling tea steeped for 4 minutes. The aroma that enveloped the area by the stove as I steeped was lovely, pale hints of the pomegranate teasing me towards the cup. Highly unusual for me as I tend to find a lot of pomegranate flavors overbearing and unfavorable.

The tea itself is not as colorful in the palette as the nose suggests – The pomegranate is subdued and very pleasant. The mixture of black and green teas offers a medium bodied liquor base, which fills in some of the blanks but is perhaps too hefty for the lightness expected. Grew a little bitter as the tea cooled.

It’s an interesting middle ground attempted here, but I feel it may have been better suited either going more in the fruity direction and staying with the green tea rather than both green and black mixed.

Another green tea favourite. I usually stick to green tea- although recently I have been expanding my horizons- and this is one of my faves.

Light, bit tart because of the pomegranate

I first tried this tea hot over the winter and I wasn’t really feeling it. The dominant flavor here is definitely a blend of jasmine and pomegranate but as it cools it tastes more like a green tea with a kick. I really didn’t think I’d care for it enough to try it again but I was feeling daring yesterday and brewed this to make an iced tea.
Um… can I just say ‘yum’? This was so good iced! I’ll try cold brewing this one next time to see how it fares but I absolutely adore this one iced. I thought it was slightly too tart for me so a re-steep may be in order here.

The taste of this green tea reminds me so much of straight black tea, assam tea in particular.

The combination of the earthly green tea and lightly fruity raspberries and pomegranate make a darkly sweet brew.

I really like this tea, it is strong enough without being sickeningly imperial green, and the light fruitiness is enough to not require any sweetener.