Green Seduction (organic)

Black Fruit Green Rooibos Blend
Berries, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Interesting. I first tried this tea 8 months ago, apparently, and wrote that I thought that jasmine was the dominant flavour. Odd! I'm really not picking up on that now, I'm getting a light...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Using a free sample obtained from David's Tea during their recent birthdy party. Intriguingly, this sample has no fruit pieces in it, which I remember featuring in the blend. This was one of my...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes
  • “Cold brewed this for my drive up...of course I got way too involved in driving (or yelling at people too, there are pull overs for a damn reason people) and now after getting here, just saying hi...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I was a little less impressed with this tea tonight. I paid attention to steep time and water temp and still got a slight bitterness. I do like the berry and rosehip notes I am getting, but the...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 438 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Give in to it

Ah, the pomegranate. In Greek mythology, Hades, god of the underworld, used pomegranate seeds to seduce Persephone, goddess of fertility. In Biblical circles, many think that Eve was actually tempted by a pomegranate, not an apple. What a fruit. We’ve used it to create a green tea that’s just as powerful. Sweetly tart, and seductive on every level. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: green tea, black tea, green rooibos, rosehips, pomegranate arils. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This stuff smells really pretty. It actually reminds me a little of the palais de the the du hamman. Not as potent, but pretty like it. It has a floral and exotic fruit bouquet. _ Tastes smooth, and smells lovely.

Received as a sampler packet from an online order with Davids. One and a half teaspoons of very fruity smelling tea steeped for 4 minutes. The aroma that enveloped the area by the stove as I steeped was lovely, pale hints of the pomegranate teasing me towards the cup. Highly unusual for me as I tend to find a lot of pomegranate flavors overbearing and unfavorable.

The tea itself is not as colorful in the palette as the nose suggests – The pomegranate is subdued and very pleasant. The mixture of black and green teas offers a medium bodied liquor base, which fills in some of the blanks but is perhaps too hefty for the lightness expected. Grew a little bitter as the tea cooled.

It’s an interesting middle ground attempted here, but I feel it may have been better suited either going more in the fruity direction and staying with the green tea rather than both green and black mixed.

Another green tea favourite. I usually stick to green tea- although recently I have been expanding my horizons- and this is one of my faves.

Light, bit tart because of the pomegranate

I first tried this tea hot over the winter and I wasn’t really feeling it. The dominant flavor here is definitely a blend of jasmine and pomegranate but as it cools it tastes more like a green tea with a kick. I really didn’t think I’d care for it enough to try it again but I was feeling daring yesterday and brewed this to make an iced tea.
Um… can I just say ‘yum’? This was so good iced! I’ll try cold brewing this one next time to see how it fares but I absolutely adore this one iced. I thought it was slightly too tart for me so a re-steep may be in order here.

The taste of this green tea reminds me so much of straight black tea, assam tea in particular.

The combination of the earthly green tea and lightly fruity raspberries and pomegranate make a darkly sweet brew.

I really like this tea, it is strong enough without being sickeningly imperial green, and the light fruitiness is enough to not require any sweetener.

its good…but thats about it. it tasts exactly how it smells and for me its a little boring. I think ive been drinking to much butterfly jasmine. overall its a good afternoon drink if your in the mood for pomegranate.

I tried this one at the store today. I think I tried it a while back too, but it wasn’t fresh in my mind. For a green tea though, this one was pretty good. It wasn’t as bitter as I usually find most green tea based ones, probably because of the pomegranate undertones, which raise the bar for it considerably. Good job DavidsTea, good job.

This is a nice naturally sweet tea to start the day with.

This green tea is more green than fruity and is lovely to have with food. Once the tea cools off a bit you pick up the pomegranate.