Mango Madness

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Mango, Marigold Petals, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Safflower, Tangerine, White Tea
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Yesterday was crazy. I got paid $125 to use a "perception analyzer" while listening to all NASCAR announcers on three networks, and then talk about them for an hour. Did I mention I really don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “Eight months later, here I am trying to finish up my sample of this tea. I do have a fondness for some aspects of this tea, but it is just so sweet. I am getting a very strong juice flavour here,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 696 tasting notes
  • “I just finished the last of these leaves. I still think it tastes more like a tea version of an orange punch with just a whisper of mango. It’s tasty though. I plan to buy another small size...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “So I'm quite pleased with myself for cold-steeping five different teas last night. Not only do I now have a bunch of delicious iced tea, but I finished off three different packages! Hooray! This...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Ingredients:
Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hmmm? Taste? Where are you???
When I first tried this tea, I did like it was written on the little bag. Wrong. Very wrong. No taste came out of it. I actually needed to let it steep for about 45 minutes before the fruit taste becomes strong enough.
Then I tried another method: I made a pot of iced tea. There it was.
Try it cold on a hot summer day and there you go. It was way better that way!

8 min or more

This tea is definitely tasty, but I get more orange flavor than mango. It’s sweet and tart and fruity. I don’t know if I’ll repurchase just because I don’t think it’s super unique and it’s rather pricey, plus it requires 2 tsp of tea per cup, which makes this an expensive cup of tea. Tastes and smells like an orange herbal to me, but there was a lot of orange rind in my bag.

Honestly, with the cold I’m still fighting off, I can’t truly go into the flavour this morning, but it’s hot, wonderful on the throat, and the mango is sharp even through a head cold. Great, but I’ll have to rescore once my nose is operating at 100%.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

My relationship with school is still on the rocks with back to back exams.. but tea is becoming a best friend at least!
With this second try, I’m finishing off the last of the sampler I got of this flavor. It’s decent, but really doesn’t have much flavorful impact and has a more subdued, subtle mango taste. I don’t have much experience with white teas but I would have expected more “madness” with the mangoes… it has more of a floral note to me than anything.

While this tea is definitely drinkable, I don’t think it has enough of a wow factor to make me want to buy it. Glad I got to sample it though, it is nice but just not my thing. It might taste good iced however, so there might be a redeeming quality there. But since I am lazy and in study mode, I might just forgo that opportunity to do a second hot infusion.

It smells like bubble gum!! I recently had this iced and added chunks of frozen mango to it – delicious!

I love the taste of a really ripe mango so Mango Madness had to really live up to my expectations. I brewed a cup and so far the smell was fantastic. I couldn’t wait to try my first sip, although I must admit I was a bit nervous for the tea’s sake. I have never tasted a mango tea that burst with flavor quite like Mango Madness! It’s so yummy and full of fruity goodness! I’ll be buying Mango Diablo on the weekend so we’ll see which one I like better.

Thank you lizeepea for the sample! :)

This tea was alright for me. As I’ve previously mentioned, I’m not a huge fruity tea kind of person, although since this was a white tea, it was better than fruity herbal tea.

If you enjoy fruity teas (and mango), you will enjoy this, maybe with a little rock sugar and honey. Not bad, but I probably wouldn’t go back for more.

Again I am impressed with DT’s ability at making delicate,flavored and delicious white teas.

Smells like mangoes and tastes like biting into one.

I’m not the biggest mango fan but this is a very nice tea.
Not as good as Cherry Potion but fruity and wonderful nonetheless.

{backlogged review}

I am not mad for Mango Madness. I was really disappointed in this one. I had it brewed iced in store, and I found that what flavour was there was extremely fake. I got the sense of drinking watered down mango koolaid. And nobody likes watered down koolaid.

I do have a mango tea I love, but it is a green. I just don’t see a white being the right match for such a dominating fruit.

First, this tea smell AMAZING. I’m sure I could use it as a perfume!!! I was so happy with the smell filling the room that I forgot and steeped it for 18 minutes.. :S. I decided to drink it anyway. The taste wasn’t as good as I tought it would be.. I don’t know if it’s because it steeped for too long. There was a weird after taste with almost every sip.

Anyway, I re-steep it for 7 minutes at around 98 and added a little bit of cane sugar in it. It was really sweet but good.

I can’t wait to try it again. We’ll see, I have great hope for this tea! (But hope I won’t like it ‘’too much’’ because it is kind of expensive…:S!)