Mango Madness

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Mango, Marigold Petals, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Safflower, Tangerine, White Tea
Apple, Mango, Pineapple, Artificial, Bitter, Orange
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Yesterday was crazy. I got paid $125 to use a "perception analyzer" while listening to all NASCAR announcers on three networks, and then talk about them for an hour. Did I mention I really don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Eight months later, here I am trying to finish up my sample of this tea. I do have a fondness for some aspects of this tea, but it is just so sweet. I am getting a very strong juice flavour here,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “I just finished the last of these leaves. I still think it tastes more like a tea version of an orange punch with just a whisper of mango. It’s tasty though. I plan to buy another small size...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 353 tasting notes
  • “So I'm quite pleased with myself for cold-steeping five different teas last night. Not only do I now have a bunch of delicious iced tea, but I finished off three different packages! Hooray! This...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Ingredients:
Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My sister came over for tea and chose this one to try, time to boil the water!

First steep: Not bad, not bad at all. Not entirely mango, but not all that far away. I will admit it would be really hard-pressed to recreate the flavour of a mango in a tea, but this one doesn’t do too badly. It`s fruity at first with the white tea lingering afterwards.

Second steep: Slightly weaker, but still satisfying. We got two pots out of this which isn’t bad at all!

The steeping aroma of this tea is pretty much all apples and nothing else. And the taste is almost all mango and nothing else. xD
Kinda odd how drastically that cup changed on me, but as an apple hater, I’m glad it did!
This one is alright. I like the mango flavor in it. But it’s not very sweet. I’m sure you are supposed to add sugar but since I never add anything to my tea, it just tastes kinda bland to me. Not what I would drink again. I really want to find a good juicy mango tea that doesn’t need sweetener…Well…Guess I should say another, because Lupicia’s version is pretty good, and the best mango tea I’ve found so far! But would be nice to have another good one that’s less expensive. xD
Anyway, thank you for the sample, Darby!

Flavors: Apple, Mango

I got to try a coworker’s stash of this. Very strong mango smell, although weakens when brewed. The smell is more candied mango than fresh mango, and the tea does contain pieces of dried mango and pineapple.

Its a white tea, but I did brew it at a slightly higher than recommended temperature. The taste is very mild – if not for the smell, I would think I was just drinking white tea and not a flavoured kind.

As you can tell I wasn’t very impressed with the mango-ness of this tea once steeped, and I suspect its because the stash is probably over a year old. So if you’re thinking of buying this, don’t get more than you’ll drink in a year’s time.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

Thank you Momo for the sale! This one was a freebie and I don’t love it too much, but it’s almost gone anyhow. I’m not sure if there is actual stevia in this or if the fruity flavor mimics the stevia flavor… kind of tastes like that orange flavored fluoride from elementary school. The fruitiness isn’t the best anyway… not fruity enough for me, and the amount of white tea kind of reminds me of a Teavana blend… not really there. I wish I liked this one better as it’s an interesting list of ingredients. I’m surprised it didn’t taste better as it was the only cup of tea I had yesterday! Uncanny! That hasn’t happened in a WHILE with this tea addict. :D

First of all, this tea is called MANGO MADNESS, but what’s mad about it?! The taste is just weird, with a hint of bitterness, which I find a bit odd in a white tea. The 2nd steep is even more horrible. I haven’t found a tea with such bland 2nd steep until I taste this tea. Yes, there’s a bunch of fruits added, which I’m guessing is to make this tea more palatable, but the artificial flavouring is just too overwhelming, which makes the delicateness of white tea nowhere to be found. Now that I think about it, I’m not sure if I even want to call it a “tea”. Good teas, by my definition, should be aromatic in a pleasant way, definitely not this artificial stuff.
Such a disappointment.

Flavors: Artificial, Bitter, Orange

Ok, now we’re gonna get into stuff from my date – but first I’ll write about the actual tea stuff, I suppose. I got this one iced since I still had my free tea from signing up for the Frequent Steeper program (I struggle so much writing “Steeper” instead of “Steepster”), and that was going to expire on Sept. 1st so I wanted to redeem it since I was pretty sure (and correct) that I wouldn’t be stopping at the store before the 1st.

I’ve actually never had this one before prior to getting it iced but it’s one I’ve been off and on curious about for a while; I finally decided to try it instead of one of my standard “To Go” choices. If I would have been able to redeem my free tea as a latte I would have gone with Cotton Candy, though.

Anyway, this was pretty good. It was light/mellow and fruity. Most prominently were apple, orange, and mango notes over top the somewhat hay-like white base. Other citrus notes were also present, but in a far more muted and less distinct way. I was surprised that the mango in this was so agreeable to me; I usually don’t embrace Mango with open arms. It’s a fruit I’m a bit hesitant towards.

Also, apparently there’s pineapple in this (which I didn’t realize when I got it). However, that flavour was completely lost to me; I didn’t even get a hint of my favourite fruit in this blend. Not disappointed about it though, given I didn’t even know that was something in the blend when I drank it. After all, they didn’t named is “Pineapple Madness”. That just doesn’t have the right ring to it, anyway. So I did enjoy this on the whole, but I don’t think I’d buy it again.

And now for the date with Thorne…

So he met me at DAVIDsTEA (I’d already done my shopping), and he seemed really nice and sweet but he was so damn quiet. I think he must have been really, really nervous or just a very shy person in general. It was weird though, because our text exchanges prior to this he definitely had not come off as so quiet and reserved.

So while I enjoyed sipping on this tea, I tried to help him pick something from the wall. I think, like most tea newbies, he was really overwhelmed. It was a long sorta trying process as the staff (very patiently and sweetly) pulled things down for him to smell. After about ten minutes of suggestions he finally decided on a hot cup of Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, which he ended up not liking; he was very polite about it though and asked if I’d be offended if he through out the rest of it. I, of course, said it was ok.

After that we had a quick meal; it was also pretty awkward though because he was, again, being super quiet. And, I mean, I can handle quiet but there’s a difference between being a quiet/more reserved person (like my brother is when he first meets people) and forcing me into carrying the entire conversation. I’d try to prompt a response from him by asking questions and he’d shoot back a one or two word reply and then just stop talking. So I’d ask another question, and same thing. I felt like I was talking to myself, and then after a while I sort of felt like an ass for just talking non stop. But if I hadn’t’ve kept talking then we would have been sitting in complete silence…

After food I was torn; I half wanted to just go home and I half wanted to continue the date in the hope he would maybe open up more. We ended up continuing it; we decided to go to his place (which he said was within walking distance) and watch some anime. I think his definition of walking distance is much different than mine because it was, easily, an hour to hour and a half long walk – most of which was uphill. I did not enjoy the walk, and it was especially frustrating given it was mostly silent.

On the way to his house we passed an icecream place and he decided to treat me. That was really, really nice of him – and also probably the most forward/outspoken he’d been the entire time. I told him to pick whatever flavour he wanted and that I was up for trying anything. I like “out there” flavours. He chose Maple Nut, which was really good but I think his idea of “out there” may be different than mine. Oh well.

When we did finally get to his place things got on a better track. I think he was much more comfortable at home, so he was talking much more and I felt like I was actually getting to know him better. We watched the pilots for a few different animes (he showed me the pilots from two of his favourites that I hadn’t seen and I did the same), and I think the conclusion here is that I’m probably going to start watching Hellsing because it looked really good.

And then the night ended, and that was that.

I think overall I had a fun time, especially near the end of the night, and I’d be down for hanging out with him again. But, I think as friends and not anything else. There was just no “spark” or chemistry between us and maybe part of that was how quiet he was, but I don’t think so. We I did get him talking he was fun and we had shared interests, just in a friends way is all…

Roswell Strange

Holy Shit; I didn’t realize how long that note was.

Cameron B.

LOL. Some people are extremely different in person than they are online or over text… Is Thorne a common name in Canada?

And Hellsing was good from what I remember… And it’s short!

Roswell Strange

No, Thorne is definitely not a common Canadian name :P

Cameron B.

Sounds like a fantasy character, teehee. :D

Sipdown!
Cold brewed this, left it in the fridge for about 24 hours as I tend to do.

Honestly I’ve had a few mango flavoured teas sitting in my fridge lately, they’ve all been pretty good and this one doesn’t stand out any more than the others.

I’m enjoying having a cold brewed tea on hand these days, given that it’s been close to 40 degrees celsius with the humidex. blech.

So anyway, this was good, but I won’t be buying more because it’s not way better than anything similar that I have!

This tea reminds me of summer with its aroma. It reminds me almost of a sweet candy. Takes me back to the days where I lived in a city with the street vendors who sold mangoes on a stick, they would cut it right in front of you, shaping it like a lollipop and add chili powder at your request before sending you on your way. This tea is beautiful in that manner with the tasting of it sweet and even sweeter in it’s memories.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Marquez Garcia, Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel.

This was the sampler in store today and it makes for a very nice iced tea. Just smooth mango flavor. Yum!

Amariel

Interesting, my store had others instead!

As a mango-lover, I had high hopes for this tea but found it fell short in the flavour department. The mango taste was certainly authentic but not prevalent enough to hold up against its counterparts, which could have better complimented mango, the namesake of the tea. Certainly light and refreshing and perhaps it would have been better if steeped longer than the recommended time at a slightly higher temperature than the usual calling for green varieties. Would not buy again but would purchase for others new to tea who enjoy fruit flavours.