Mango Madness

Fruit Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

3 Images

• “Yesterday was crazy. I got paid $125 to use a "perception analyzer" while listening to all NASCAR announcers on three networks, and then talk about them for an hour. Did I mention I really don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Eight months later, here I am trying to finish up my sample of this tea. I do have a fondness for some aspects of this tea, but it is just so sweet. I am getting a very strong juice flavour here,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “I just finished the last of these leaves. I still think it tastes more like a tea version of an orange punch with just a whisper of mango. It’s tasty though. I plan to buy another small size...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “So I'm quite pleased with myself for cold-steeping five different teas last night. Not only do I now have a bunch of delicious iced tea, but I finished off three different packages! Hooray! This...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Ingredients:
Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My sister came over for tea and chose this one to try, time to boil the water!

First steep: Not bad, not bad at all. Not entirely mango, but not all that far away. I will admit it would be really hard-pressed to recreate the flavour of a mango in a tea, but this one doesn’t do too badly. It`s fruity at first with the white tea lingering afterwards.

Second steep: Slightly weaker, but still satisfying. We got two pots out of this which isn’t bad at all!

Sipdown!
Cold brewed this, left it in the fridge for about 24 hours as I tend to do.

Honestly I’ve had a few mango flavoured teas sitting in my fridge lately, they’ve all been pretty good and this one doesn’t stand out any more than the others.

I’m enjoying having a cold brewed tea on hand these days, given that it’s been close to 40 degrees celsius with the humidex. blech.

So anyway, this was good, but I won’t be buying more because it’s not way better than anything similar that I have!

This tea reminds me of summer with its aroma. It reminds me almost of a sweet candy. Takes me back to the days where I lived in a city with the street vendors who sold mangoes on a stick, they would cut it right in front of you, shaping it like a lollipop and add chili powder at your request before sending you on your way. This tea is beautiful in that manner with the tasting of it sweet and even sweeter in it’s memories.

Books recommended to go with this tea are: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Marquez Garcia, Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel.

This was the sampler in store today and it makes for a very nice iced tea. Just smooth mango flavor. Yum!

Amariel

Interesting, my store had others instead!

As a mango-lover, I had high hopes for this tea but found it fell short in the flavour department. The mango taste was certainly authentic but not prevalent enough to hold up against its counterparts, which could have better complimented mango, the namesake of the tea. Certainly light and refreshing and perhaps it would have been better if steeped longer than the recommended time at a slightly higher temperature than the usual calling for green varieties. Would not buy again but would purchase for others new to tea who enjoy fruit flavours.

Sipdown!

Last night I drank some of this hot. After reading the notes others had left, I decided to coldbrew the rest overnight, which is what I’m sipping on now.

This is better – more floral, less murkiness in the flavour – when served cold. However, I think I let it oversteep, as it tasted a bit bitter. Adding agave nectar to cut the bitterness didn’t help much.

Ah well. I have other flavoured whites and fruit teas to try. So long Mango Madness, turns out I wasn’t very mad about you.

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Brewed it hot and it was okay. But it got better and better as it cooled down!

I’m not sure if I underleafed this one or if it’s just not for me. I’m just putting this here to log it but might try again with more leaf if I ever get more

Tea junkie

You should really try Mango Splash from Kaleisia Tea whenever you can. Great, great tea. Especially Iced. Mandy can vouch for that same tea. She’s had it herself. You can really get the flavors from this particular tea even without any kind of sweetener.

darby

Thanks! I’m a huge mango lover. I’ve never heard of Kaleisia – I’ll have to google them! I love doing iced especially if I can avoid sweetener. In the summer I try to cold brew all the ones I didn’t like iced or ones I have too much of.

Not what I was expecting, but pretty good. I couldn’t really taste the mango though which was disappointing for something called Mango Madness

great mango tea. alway hard to find a tea where mango is the main ingredient and here it is! yum, and it is super good iced too!