Mango Madness

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Mango, Marigold Petals, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Safflower, Tangerine, White Tea
Floral, Artificial, Citrus, Mango, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet, Orange, Apple, Fruity, Grass, Strawberry, Tea, Bitter, Hay, Pleasantly Sour, Fruit Punch, Tangy, Tropical
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 2 of #24daysoftea! This was pretty tasty and I definitely could taste the mango.

Flavors: Mango

I was pleased to see yet another tea I haven’t tried before in this calendar. I do like mango, but haven’t really found a tea version that I love… to be honest, I like the actual fruit much more than mango flavored things. I’m actually smelling more citrus than mango once the tea has steeped and it’s on the verge of being medicinal, too. Eh.

Sipping… hm, I was expecting this to be much more bitter, but it’s surprisingly smooth and thick on the tongue. I taste a bit of the white tea base… plain, slightly like hay and maybe a tiny bit fruity. I also taste orange and mango, but it is on the artificial side and it reminds me a lot of liquid Motrin. I’m disappointed because the mouthfeel is quite nice.. but it’s just too artificial and strange for me.

Day 2 of 2015 Advent Calendar

I am very sensitive to stevia flavouring and I find that it overpowers the mango and fruity flavours with a dull bitter trail to the sip. It may also be the additives to the candied pineapple that makes this brew undrinkable for me. I am only just barely able to taste the white tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Fruity, Mango

Stevia is funny for me. Sometimes I don’t mind, but others… blech!

Sorry to hear that :( This one, for me, was neither here-nor-there.

Yikes, I’ll definitely stay away from this one. Don’t understand the stevia additions.

Advent calendar [2/24]

When I was in college six years ago, I bought a tea called white mangosteen by Lipton. I got tired of it really quickly. When I saw that today’s tea is a mango flavoured tea, I had flashbacks of drinking that tea in college.

The first sip was lovely. I poured myself a tablespoon to test for steeped doneness. Sadly, the flavour didn’t transpire in my travel mug (does it ever?). I got to work and poured it into a mug. The tea was a little better.

On a side note: I really wish David’s would stop again with the stevia. The taste of the sweetener is quite strong in this one.

Overall an okay tea, but I wouldn’t ask for more. I’m going to finish the sample and move on.

Flavors: Artificial, Grass, Hay, Mango, Sweet

Evol Ving Ness

Does DT ever read the feedback to stop with the stevia and most of the imitation flavours? At the very least, I wish they would tone it down.

It’s funny, I’ve never noticed stevia in this before, but it was in full force today.

Some people couldn’t even drink this tea because of the stevia :(

For me, I’m just annoyed on the false advertising of “mango” when the main fruits are apple + pineapple

Also makes me wonder if they bother reading any feedback. The vast majority clearly do not appreciate them throwing stevia around like confetti.

Evol Ving Ness

^ Throwing stevia around like confetti. I may have to adopt that phrase if I can remember it. :)

Love the phrase!

The more I see their artificial flavouring, the more I want to explore teas that are natural and without flavourings. It’s too bad DT is so close and has such fun marketing.

Evol Ving Ness

And is conveniently located on almost all of my routes.

Tea 2/24 of the 24 Days of Tea (advent calendar) from DAVIDs.

I like the name- it describes my lifestyle (well, not the mango, but the madness, yes! 3-4 jobs will do that to you). I steeped this in my travel mug and off I went to job #1 until 1pm (job #2 is later in the afternoon ;) )!

With that being said, I must admit I was skeptical of this tea from the beginning. I’ve had several “mango” teas from all different companies and only 1-2 have actually tasted like mango. This one, unfortunately, is not one of the ones that actually tastes like mango, which makes sense since the ingredient list on the website lists so many fruits in this blend besides mango (mango is actually near the bottom of the list). Instead, you get a light flowery taste from the white tea and a slight fruity taste from the other ingredients. All together its a light, non-offensive taste. I will have no problem using this up, but altogether I cannot get behind this tea since it doesn’t taste like the thing it is marketed as.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity

A delicate white tea that tastes very similar to a tropical fruit punch. The flavours are all mellowed, of course, but all the main fruits are easily detectable. I wouldn’t say mango is the major player here; it equally shares the spotlight with pineapple and orange. Not too bold, not too sweet, it makes an enjoyably refreshing cup of fruit tea.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Pineapple

I liked this one but it’s really a fruit infusion and not really a tea for me. The smell is awesome and the taste is fine for one infusion, but that’s it.

Day 2/24

So I’ve actually had this one a lot. It’s one of the first tea’s I bought from DAVID’s and I still really enjoy it. You can see my previous tasting notes for what I think of this tea in general but I just had to say that THIS SAMPLE had a really heavy stevia (or something similar) flavour. I have never picked up on this in this tea before and I’ve have it several times from several batches. There’s no way my tastes have changed either, because I had this one as recently as Monday morning. It was just bizarre and very disappointing; I thought I knew what I was in for here :( Not going to change my rating though.

Flavors: Mango, Orange

Sorry this didn’t work for you :( That’s the downside to samples- depending on the scoop can be really disproportioned.

I couldn’t remember whether I had tasted this tea before, so I got it today. I may have had it. It is not memorable. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing when I think about the terrible artificially flavored citrus teas that tasted like Tang when they cooled. This isn’t bad.

Flavors: Mango

Ugh. I couldn’t finish the 15g I bought.

The scent is amazing. It doesn’t just smell like mango, but like mango juice. Very juicy smell.

But the taste is so drab. It hardly taste like tea.