Mango Madness

Fruit Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by pastelstar

3 Images

• “Yesterday was crazy. I got paid $125 to use a "perception analyzer" while listening to all NASCAR announcers on three networks, and then talk about them for an hour. Did I mention I really don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “Eight months later, here I am trying to finish up my sample of this tea. I do have a fondness for some aspects of this tea, but it is just so sweet. I am getting a very strong juice flavour here,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes
  • “I just finished the last of these leaves. I still think it tastes more like a tea version of an orange punch with just a whisper of mango. It’s tasty though. I plan to buy another small size...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “So I'm quite pleased with myself for cold-steeping five different teas last night. Not only do I now have a bunch of delicious iced tea, but I finished off three different packages! Hooray! This...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Ingredients:
Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Good when iced, but it tastes too much fake.

Do I ever love the mango in this tea. It’s super prominent (I’d really hope so, due to the name) and a brilliant orange in color. This has been my go-to studying tea for a while now, and unfortunately due to that reason I am completely out. I’ll have to make a trip up to refill my tin, as this is really a tea worth having in the cupboard, in my opinion.

My second review yaay! The tea I decided to make from my starter kit is Mango Madness a white tea. It smells delicious! It smells like mango and orange and very citrusy. It smelt amazing so I was guessing it would taste amazing. I was semi right on that part. My first sip was citrus filled with not many other flavors coming through. I still very much enjoyed the tea but wish it had more layered flavors. Maybe next time I’ll steep it for 5 minutes instead of 7.

Another backlog.

I was excited for this one. Sweet fruit + tea? What could go wrong?

The scent is great, heavy on the mangoes and it screams “I’m going to be delicious!” Steeped however . . .

It’s vile. Chemical-ly, doesn’t taste like fruit at all, bitter, nasty tea. Not what I was expecting at all. So disappointed by this one.

The first thing I noticed about this tea is its sweetness! It’s sooo sweet. Probably from all the mango, apple and pineapple! There is an after taste that is kind of astringent, blech.

The base is a white Chinese tea (Bai Mu Dan), but its appearance and taste is more of a green tea. There are tons of fruits in it, so it is very exotic, but the trade-off is all the sediment at the bottom.

Overall, I am #notafan of the sediment and the astringent after-taste, but it is so sweet, and exotic, even I admit that it would be good iced ;)

Smells more like strawberry than mango to me. Unfortunately it tastes very mango-y. I don’t like mango but this was part of my sampler pack. It’s not the tea’s fault, I just don’t like mango.

Day #8 of the advent calendar (so it’s a couple of days late…). I really like this blend (as I do love my fruit)! My only hesitation from buying it again is the price (curse you, white teas, for being so bloody expensive). This is one I will re-steep, and I actually laced it with leftover Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait this time.

Another little tin from the Sweet Indulgences set.

A lot of fruit in this blend. Not sure exactly what the fruit pieces are, but I’m guessing some dried mango is in there. (Just looked up the ingredients, and apparently there is apple and pineapple, too! Well, whatever fruit there was, there was one piece that was bigger than a quarter. Pretty impressive.)

Despite all that fruit, the tea base actually came through in the cup, creating a nice balance to the light fruit juice style flavors that were dominant. To me, it tasted like a watery version of mango juice, which is not a bad thing at all. Hot, this tea had a hint of tartness that completely disappeared once it cooled down to room temperature. Sweet without any added sugar.

I JUST ran out of this tea. It’s amazing! The flavour of the mango is not too sweet, it’s just right. This was my first tea purchase and definitely one I’ll be purchasing again.

Shared a pot with my mom today! Delicious! Stronger then the first time I made it, added a bit of sugar for extra deliciousness. Really need that agave nectar :D. Resteeped it an hour later and it was also delicious, didn’t feel the need to add any suger for round 2.