Mango Madness

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Mango, Marigold Petals, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Safflower, Tangerine, White Tea
Apple, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Grass, Strawberry, Tea, Bitter, Artificial, Hay, Sweet, Floral, Pineapple, Pleasantly Sour, Fruit Punch, Tangy, Tropical
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Ingredients:
Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Advent calendar [2/24]

When I was in college six years ago, I bought a tea called white mangosteen by Lipton. I got tired of it really quickly. When I saw that today’s tea is a mango flavoured tea, I had flashbacks of drinking that tea in college.

The first sip was lovely. I poured myself a tablespoon to test for steeped doneness. Sadly, the flavour didn’t transpire in my travel mug (does it ever?). I got to work and poured it into a mug. The tea was a little better.

On a side note: I really wish David’s would stop again with the stevia. The taste of the sweetener is quite strong in this one.

Overall an okay tea, but I wouldn’t ask for more. I’m going to finish the sample and move on.

Flavors: Artificial, Grass, Hay, Mango, Sweet

Evol Ving Ness

Does DT ever read the feedback to stop with the stevia and most of the imitation flavours? At the very least, I wish they would tone it down.

Fay

It’s funny, I’ve never noticed stevia in this before, but it was in full force today.

Kristal

Some people couldn’t even drink this tea because of the stevia :(

For me, I’m just annoyed on the false advertising of “mango” when the main fruits are apple + pineapple

Fjellrev

Also makes me wonder if they bother reading any feedback. The vast majority clearly do not appreciate them throwing stevia around like confetti.

Evol Ving Ness

^ Throwing stevia around like confetti. I may have to adopt that phrase if I can remember it. :)

Alyssa

Love the phrase!

The more I see their artificial flavouring, the more I want to explore teas that are natural and without flavourings. It’s too bad DT is so close and has such fun marketing.

Evol Ving Ness

And is conveniently located on almost all of my routes.

Tea 2/24 of the 24 Days of Tea (advent calendar) from DAVIDs.

I like the name- it describes my lifestyle (well, not the mango, but the madness, yes! 3-4 jobs will do that to you). I steeped this in my travel mug and off I went to job #1 until 1pm (job #2 is later in the afternoon ;) )!

With that being said, I must admit I was skeptical of this tea from the beginning. I’ve had several “mango” teas from all different companies and only 1-2 have actually tasted like mango. This one, unfortunately, is not one of the ones that actually tastes like mango, which makes sense since the ingredient list on the website lists so many fruits in this blend besides mango (mango is actually near the bottom of the list). Instead, you get a light flowery taste from the white tea and a slight fruity taste from the other ingredients. All together its a light, non-offensive taste. I will have no problem using this up, but altogether I cannot get behind this tea since it doesn’t taste like the thing it is marketed as.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity

A delicate white tea that tastes very similar to a tropical fruit punch. The flavours are all mellowed, of course, but all the main fruits are easily detectable. I wouldn’t say mango is the major player here; it equally shares the spotlight with pineapple and orange. Not too bold, not too sweet, it makes an enjoyably refreshing cup of fruit tea.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Pineapple

I liked this one but it’s really a fruit infusion and not really a tea for me. The smell is awesome and the taste is fine for one infusion, but that’s it.

Day 2/24

So I’ve actually had this one a lot. It’s one of the first tea’s I bought from DAVID’s and I still really enjoy it. You can see my previous tasting notes for what I think of this tea in general but I just had to say that THIS SAMPLE had a really heavy stevia (or something similar) flavour. I have never picked up on this in this tea before and I’ve have it several times from several batches. There’s no way my tastes have changed either, because I had this one as recently as Monday morning. It was just bizarre and very disappointing; I thought I knew what I was in for here :( Not going to change my rating though.

Flavors: Mango, Orange

Kristal

Sorry this didn’t work for you :( That’s the downside to samples- depending on the scoop can be really disproportioned.

I couldn’t remember whether I had tasted this tea before, so I got it today. I may have had it. It is not memorable. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing when I think about the terrible artificially flavored citrus teas that tasted like Tang when they cooled. This isn’t bad.

Flavors: Mango

Ugh. I couldn’t finish the 15g I bought.

The scent is amazing. It doesn’t just smell like mango, but like mango juice. Very juicy smell.

But the taste is so drab. It hardly taste like tea.

I like this as an iced tea. It has to be brewed extra-strong to pick up on any flavours.

I generally don’t drink white tea because it tends to have less flavor than the usual green or oolong teas that I drink. This tea is very sweet and best if brewed cold. This is more of a fruit tea than a white tea though, but it’s still quite tasty!

Today was a busy day with tea in my world! I picked up a cold brew of this in store today to give it a taste. I was impressed! It was good! While I was there I also picked up a bag of Apple Custard and some Sunny Citrus to try at home (I tried the three within a six hour span…oops!)

I would say that the main flavor comes out most in the aftertaste. I am terrible with describing flavors so I won’t try to pick out the mango or orange flavors here and there. It was just very fruity and delicious! I didn’t get any sweetener in this, but I would definitely add it next time…I think it would bring out the flavors even more. I would drink this again, and I’m debating picking up a tin to have at home!

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Pleasantly Sour, Tangy, Tropical