Mango Madness

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Mango, Marigold Petals, Orange Peel, Orange Pieces, Pineapple, Safflower, Tangerine, White Tea
Artificial, Bitter, Orange
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

3 Images

• “Yesterday was crazy. I got paid $125 to use a "perception analyzer" while listening to all NASCAR announcers on three networks, and then talk about them for an hour. Did I mention I really don't...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1201 tasting notes
  • “Eight months later, here I am trying to finish up my sample of this tea. I do have a fondness for some aspects of this tea, but it is just so sweet. I am getting a very strong juice flavour here,...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “I just finished the last of these leaves. I still think it tastes more like a tea version of an orange punch with just a whisper of mango. It’s tasty though. I plan to buy another small size...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “So I'm quite pleased with myself for cold-steeping five different teas last night. Not only do I now have a bunch of delicious iced tea, but I finished off three different packages! Hooray! This...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2410 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Go crazy
One sip of this tea and you’ll do anything to get your hands on more. In fact, we’re a bit worried about letting people get a taste. There might be riots. Looting. Traffic jams. It’s a lot of responsibility! But who can blame you for going crazy over this delicious white tea? It’s fruity. It’s refreshing. It tastes just like a ripe piece of mango. In short, it’s total madness.

Ingredients:
Apple pieces, white Bai Mu Dan tea, orange peel, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, mango, pineapple, orange slices, freeze dried tangerine pieces, safflower petals, freeze dried strawberry pieces, marigold blossoms, artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The first thing I noticed about this tea is its sweetness! It’s sooo sweet. Probably from all the mango, apple and pineapple! There is an after taste that is kind of astringent, blech.

The base is a white Chinese tea (Bai Mu Dan), but its appearance and taste is more of a green tea. There are tons of fruits in it, so it is very exotic, but the trade-off is all the sediment at the bottom.

Overall, I am #notafan of the sediment and the astringent after-taste, but it is so sweet, and exotic, even I admit that it would be good iced ;)

Smells more like strawberry than mango to me. Unfortunately it tastes very mango-y. I don’t like mango but this was part of my sampler pack. It’s not the tea’s fault, I just don’t like mango.

Day #8 of the advent calendar (so it’s a couple of days late…). I really like this blend (as I do love my fruit)! My only hesitation from buying it again is the price (curse you, white teas, for being so bloody expensive). This is one I will re-steep, and I actually laced it with leftover Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait this time.

Another little tin from the Sweet Indulgences set.

A lot of fruit in this blend. Not sure exactly what the fruit pieces are, but I’m guessing some dried mango is in there. (Just looked up the ingredients, and apparently there is apple and pineapple, too! Well, whatever fruit there was, there was one piece that was bigger than a quarter. Pretty impressive.)

Despite all that fruit, the tea base actually came through in the cup, creating a nice balance to the light fruit juice style flavors that were dominant. To me, it tasted like a watery version of mango juice, which is not a bad thing at all. Hot, this tea had a hint of tartness that completely disappeared once it cooled down to room temperature. Sweet without any added sugar.

I JUST ran out of this tea. It’s amazing! The flavour of the mango is not too sweet, it’s just right. This was my first tea purchase and definitely one I’ll be purchasing again.

Shared a pot with my mom today! Delicious! Stronger then the first time I made it, added a bit of sugar for extra deliciousness. Really need that agave nectar :D. Resteeped it an hour later and it was also delicious, didn’t feel the need to add any suger for round 2.

This is tasty. Reminds me a lot of the Long Life Oolong. Would be great iced. Great smell.

I found this leaving a bitter after taste but being white tea maybe I just steeped it too long.. It tasted Peachy and with a hint of mango, I enjoyed the scent more than the actual tea unfortunately. I had this in a sampler pack so I probably won’t buy it again..

Not my favourite. I got it as a gift and tried it iced and it just has the worst aftertaste if it’s steeped too long. A light fruit taste.

Best tea ever!!! Love love loved it!!!