Banana Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Ummm, I think I will have this as a "take-away" tea before I really decide it to be a "Not for me tea" That being said the 12g I took home, did not steep well, I can not taste any banana or...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “I really love Banana's and Chocolate and I was having a major chocolate craving this afternoon. But today is my WW weigh in day so I didn't want to have chocolate or the heavyness of bananas. (I...” Read full tasting note
    Cattibrie 94 tasting notes
  • “While I don't hate them, I'm not a big fan of bananas. And while I don't hate it, I'm not a big fan of chocolate. And had it not been of the daily $1 iced tea promotion by DT, I might have never...” Read full tasting note
    Eisenherz 169 tasting notes
  • “I'm a huge fan of rooibos teas, and banana, and chocolate as well. But here they just don't work for me. The rooibos overwhelms the banana and the chocolate, and even a little agave doesn't bring...” Read full tasting note
    sarai 84 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

What could be better than chocolate? How about chocolate and banana? With cocoa nibs and sweet bits of apple. This tea is absolutely incredible. It’s complex, comforting and rich. Satisfying, smooth and mysterious. Try it hot or iced, as an afternoon treat or a midnight snack. And don’t worry, we can’t stop drinking it either. Caffeine-free.

Originally known by the name Spicy Chocolate Rooibos, this blend has had to change its identity to shake off cops and thwart investigators. So stop by and catch it while you still can, because once this tea decides to pack up and go, there’s no telling if we’ll ever see it again.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ummm, I think I will have this as a “take-away” tea before I really decide it to be a “Not for me tea”

That being said the 12g I took home, did not steep well, I can not taste any banana or chocolate, but the red rooibos that I am not a huge fan of unless it is flavoured in some way. Maybe I did not get enough banana or chocolate in my sample size? As such I will keep an open mind and try this tea again some time. I am just not up for racing out to try it.

aisling of tea

Love the name change, if I hadn’t had an interview today I would have gone down for his funeral. The CN tower will be orange tonight in his honor.

MaddHatter

That is beautiful!

I really love Banana’s and Chocolate and I was having a major chocolate craving this afternoon. But today is my WW weigh in day so I didn’t want to have chocolate or the heavyness of bananas. (I know it is all in my head but still LOL)

I am getting some heavy roobios flavour but not much or the chocolate or the banana. Still good but not what I wanted. It has a beautiful colour and smells really wonderful. Not sure if I will rebuy this one as there are many other chocolate teas I enjoy.

Edit to say I just remembered that they are discontinuing this one so I can’t rebuy anyway. That’s why I bought this one.

While I don’t hate them, I’m not a big fan of bananas. And while I don’t hate it, I’m not a big fan of chocolate. And had it not been of the daily $1 iced tea promotion by DT, I might have never tried this tea, as it (obviously) was at the very bottom of my list of teas I should try. Well, the first sip really shocked me… I absolutely loved it. I am now trying to figure out why, and I must admit I’m having a hard time! The banana taste is there… but it’s really not like eating a banana. The chocolate taste is there… but it’s really not like eating chocolate. Maybe the apples help. Maybe it’s the fact they used cocoa nibs. Maybe my taste buds are weird. In any case, the blend is really rich (as advertised) and satisfying… a real treat!

Iced

I’m a huge fan of rooibos teas, and banana, and chocolate as well. But here they just don’t work for me. The rooibos overwhelms the banana and the chocolate, and even a little agave doesn’t bring them out. I’ve tried a few different steep times and still I’m not getting as much banana/chocolate as I’d like.

It’s not terrible, mind you, but definitely didn’t live up to my expectations.
Once I finish the bag I’ve got, this one will not be making a repeat appearance on my tea shelf.

It’s ok – not really what I was looking for.

I am actually sad they do not sell this at my Davidstea store anymore because this stuff is the bomb! I don’t really understand that it has such a low rating, because it REALLY tastes like chocolate and bananas, and the rooibos is very subtle. I’m not a fan of this tea hot, however. It’s great as a cold latte, and upon tasting it I remember my time at Disney World buying a chocolate covered banana. :P It’s a decent dessert drink!

Hmm….I can’t taste the banana nor the chocolate. I just taste rooibos. I was a little disappointed. Of all things, I was hoping for the chocolate to pull through.