Nepal Black

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Huh. Wow. Steeping this for 2 minutes at 195F gives me delightful honey flavour and no bad stuff. I like it! Plain!! (I better like it. I have an other 50g bag sitting in the cupboard!)” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1167 tasting notes
  • “1TB for 450mL water. 6 minute steep, 98C water. Rating: 95. Yum. I wasn't expecting this to live up to the hype, but yeah, it's really nice. A bit Darjeeling-y, which is not a surprise, given...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 494 tasting notes
  • “Very first order of the agenda here, can we all please agree that the country is called NEpal and that there is no such country as NApal? Thank you. This seems a common error, and some people do it...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1191 tasting notes
  • “Ever have one of those tea days where nothing goes as planned? not a disaster exactly, just not what you expected. That was today. See, I had planned to bring in one of the many samples I received...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Take you higher

There are good things brewing in the Highlands of Nepal. Like this hand-made black tea, from a small family-owned tea garden named Jun Chiyabari. From the first sip you’ll notice its rich, sweet, honey-like flavour. What doesn’t come through in the cup is how much good this little tea garden does. They’ve set up a ton of amazing community programs to benefit local schools, underprivileged families, and the elderly. This particular tea is a DAVIDsTEA exclusive – now that’s a good thing. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Black tea from Nepal.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Simple Plain Black tea, smooth texture throughout the whole sipping experience :)

Pre-steeped it has that cocoa smell common in Chinese teas.
That changed the second I steeped it, the smell and taste here is pretty unique. I guess the closest thing I would compare the flavor to is grilled artichoke, and/or maybe marinated olives? Rich and robust, kind of surprised others found it mild. Creamy mouthfeel. Held up well to multiple infusions. A winner for sure.

My favorite straight black from DAVIDsTEA (even though I’ve only tried three in store). The light honey flavor mixes in perfectly with the black tea (it’s hard to believe the taste is actually from the tea and there is no added honey). So soothing. No astringency on the first steep (I didn’t notice any). Tasted even better on the third steep.

This tea is amazing. One of my favourite black teas. As others commented it has a nice earthy flavor and such an amazing smell. A solid black tea.

Smell – orange pekoe? I also smell something floral, which I personally dislike in a tea, so hopefully there is none of that in the taste.
Color is a taupe with my milk added.
Taste – I’m getting a bitter note at the end. I don’t think I’m liking it.
When cold – it does taste like a standard unflavored black tea, and since I like them weak, maybe I will use less leaf and try it as a quick steep next time.
Result – I want to try again with less steeping before I make my final judgement.

A go-to black tea for me. I love the sweet and honey notes. This is an easy drink and has very little astringency.

This one reminded me of a Darjeeling (not surprisingly), which is a good thing since I love that blend… I had this to go with a splash of milk. Mmmm, divine. Another reminder that a really good basic black tea is definitely a comfort thing for me.

My favourite straight black tea from DT. A nice cross between a Yunnan and a Darjeeling. It’s a high altitude tea, so I was expecting a very light tea, but it stands on its own very well or with milk and sugar. Almost has a woodsy/earthy flavour.

Delicious as a breakfast tea with only a small amount of milk and sugar.

One of my favourites! Suits every mood. Tea of the gods maybe…