Nepal Black

Earth, Honey, Malt, Flowers, Cocoa, Apricot, Fruity, Mineral, Peach, Tannin, Maple, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Take you higher

There are good things brewing in the Highlands of Nepal. Like this hand-made black tea, from a small family-owned tea garden named Jun Chiyabari. From the first sip you’ll notice its rich, sweet, honey-like flavour. What doesn’t come through in the cup is how much good this little tea garden does. They’ve set up a ton of amazing community programs to benefit local schools, underprivileged families, and the elderly. This particular tea is a DAVIDsTEA exclusive – now that’s a good thing. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Black tea from Nepal.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Simple Plain Black tea, smooth texture throughout the whole sipping experience :)

Pre-steeped it has that cocoa smell common in Chinese teas.
That changed the second I steeped it, the smell and taste here is pretty unique. I guess the closest thing I would compare the flavor to is grilled artichoke, and/or maybe marinated olives? Rich and robust, kind of surprised others found it mild. Creamy mouthfeel. Held up well to multiple infusions. A winner for sure.

My favorite straight black from DAVIDsTEA (even though I’ve only tried three in store). The light honey flavor mixes in perfectly with the black tea (it’s hard to believe the taste is actually from the tea and there is no added honey). So soothing. No astringency on the first steep (I didn’t notice any). Tasted even better on the third steep.

This tea is amazing. One of my favourite black teas. As others commented it has a nice earthy flavor and such an amazing smell. A solid black tea.

Although I’ve been having a constitutional “Red Rose” black tea after supper for years, I’ve only recently begun exploring better quality black teas. Of the various black teas from David’s Tea that I’ve tried, this is one of my favourites. It has a rich, earthy body, and it really does leave a sweet “honey” flavour on your tongue at the end. It also resteeps well, so it provides me with good value.

Flavors: Earth, Honey

I could drink a lot of this. And I probably will. Malty, slightly chocolatey, and no astringency to speak of. There’s a wet leaf-pile feel to it, which I mean in the best way.

I steeped it at a safe 4 minutes, so maybe if I had a bit longer… I don’t know. I had planned on trying more straight black teas, but I’m quite pleased with this one, so I’m going to show a level of self-control that I’m completely unfamiliar with, and stick with just keeping this around and not buy samples of every single straight black tea I can get my grubby hands on.

It sounds all good written down, but we’ll see how long that lasts!

I love this tea. It goes well with breakfast but it’s also great as a stand-alone. It smells perfumed and it goes down smooth. It has the right balance of malt, leaf, wood, and honey flavors. This is a staple in my cupboard.

Flavors: Honey, Malt

Picked this up from David’s Tea the other day. Brewed it this afternoon and put it in a thermos. It is quite tasty. It somewhat malty with strong notes of cocoa or chocolate.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with boiling water and 3 tsp leaf for 3 min.

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

I might have over steeped this one. Upon first taste I was greeted with a slight bitter kick but I was surprised by it’s immediate honey and rich but smooth taste. It’d be a good staple if I didn’t have a bunch of other Black teas to get through!

Flavors: Honey