Buttercream

Fruit Herbal White Blend
Chamomile, Mango, Organic Flavours, Osmanthus, White Tea
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by slygirl

• “Not going to lie, I've been dying to try this one for a while, so when I found out *Awkward Soul* had some to swap.... !! So glad I managed to nab some! :D This one smells pretty delicious both...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2515 tasting notes
  • “I finally have conquered the 25 pound box of peaches. I'm so proud. Except like 6 jars of jam are in my fridge but I should be getting rid of 6 in the next couple of days to people so yay freezer...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “So, one of the stores here still has this. Weird, eh? I snatched some up to see what all the commotion was about. I can see why it was named Buttercream. The aroma of the dry leaf is...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 851 tasting notes
  • “Ugh, so effing comforting. Broke into my second hoarded stash bag today to have some of this this evening. So happy to learn that uptown has some of this left. I must refill...REFILL!! Read past...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 620 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The icing on the cake
Were you the kid who loved licking the leftover frosting from the bowl? And the beaters? And the spoon? Well, now you don’t have to hang around mom’s kitchen to get your buttercream fix. This luscious, creamy blend combines white and chamomile teas with sweet mango and loads of rich, buttery taste. And after you stir in a little milk and sugar, you can still lick the spoon.

Package Description:
With this rich, creamy blend, you don’t have to hang around mom’s kitchen to get your buttercream fix.
Organic: White tea, mango, chamomile, osmanthus, and organic compliant flavouring.
1 1/2 tsp, 94C, 4-5 min

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t smell buttercream in this as much as I am reminded more of watermelon bubble gum. Not necessarily a bad thing, but there it is.

Otherwise, I find this tea to be a bit kitchy for me. All nose and little else, it’s okay as a novelty but nothing I find much craving for.

thatsforsure

could i tempt you to swap, I love this tea and its gone…

Stacey Dowswell

I’ve been slowly making my way through it on principal— I bought it , therefore I must use it kinda thing. I’m afraid to say I’ve managed to widdle this down quite a bit as a result, so there’s not really enough to contemplate swapping at this point. Sorry!

It’s been positively ages since I’ve written any reviews and my cupboards are still stocked to overflowing with tea so I thought I might as well get back into it. Few things I like better than writing about tea anyway!

This, I think is the Chamomile tea for anyone who has ever decided they hate Chamomile tea. The supple mango and the light honey cloverish taste to the tea blends in nicely with the Chamomile and somewhat cuts the overpowering taste the flower has when it’s brewed by itself.

I had this tea with milk and a sugar cube because it seems to be, more or less, a must with this kind of a tea and adds to the overall icing feel that it’s going for.

Tastes like buttery melon. This brewed up thick at 5 mins. I am enjoying this a little more today.

Mmm delicious! Has such a wonderful flavor I can’t get enough. Tastes just like butter cream. I enjoy mixing it with other teas (ex: Pumpkin Chai or Mom’s Apple Pie) and it’s like having pie with ice cream.

I also find this tea very relaxing which is probably because of the chamomile.

I had forgot I had this tea. Yummy! Creamy white, very beautiful.

I love everything sweet and creamy, so the natural sweetness and pleasant creaminess of this tea are perfect in my mind. Plus, 50 grams of it stuffs the bag full. I’ve gotten at least 10 pots out of the bag, and I still have some left.

If you don’t like chamomile, you won’t like this. It’s a pretty strong flavor in there.

Received a free sample with my recent order:

My mouth dropped at the first sip of this tea (well not literally otherwise the tea would have spilled everywhere… but you get my point). I think it’s a perfect bedtime tea. Very sweet and has a creamy, caramel-y fruit flavor to it that is a great way to end the day. I will certainly be ordering a bag of this once I’ve drank through the collection of other tea I’ve amassed recently.

This is my first experience with white tea and I probably went about it all the wrong way as I had to quickly drive someone a few blocks over and thus it steeped for about 9 minutes. Seeing as how I see some whites being recommended for only a 30 second steep and this exact brand recommends 4-5 I am sure I sinned greatly here.

On first sip (with the recommended milk and sweetener – agave) I wasn’t that big of a fan. I think the aroma of the tea put me off a little. The mixture of chamomile, tea, some sort of mint and something else I can’t identify just smelled a little off. Or I may just not have experience with the smell of white tea.

Two sips in and it started to improve a bit. A light flavour. I can taste the butter and the chamomile but none of the mango it mentioned. I sense a tad bit of florals as well as which is off putting to me as I’m not a floral fan.

I won’t be buying this again but if offered a cup by someone I wouldn’t turn it down. Though I wouldn’t turn down most tea. :)

8 min or more

2014 tasting notes

Sad, sad ipdown. (148)

Well I took Amariel’s advice and added some milk to this cup. The result? A tea that is incredibly reminiscent of Buttercream frosting. The milk adds a rich creaminess and a bit more body to really recall the frosting texture. This really is delicious and I am sad to see it go. However, I am so happy to have gotten to try it so thank you Amariel for sending it my way :)

Marzipan

Is this discontinued?

VariaTEA

Unfortunately yes :(

Amariel

I would never have thought to add milk to a white tea, but I did it at the suggestion of the package and description. It’s from the fall collection a few years back. One of my local stores had some much later, so I was able to snag some to hoard.

Amariel

I’m so glad I sent the rest to you and you like it.

VariaTEA

I am glad too. Thanks again :)

No problem! :)

Digging into my reserve of this as part of my mission to stop hoarding tea. It’s amazing how my tastes have changed because I really don’t love all the teas I used to, and at this point I just want to pare my collection down so that it consists of only my favorites.

I’d like to still try new teas, but first, must purge the older ones.

It’s sweet, it’s creamy, it is reminiscent of a frosting but as a suggestion rather than the actual flavor. It’s slightly fruity, and because of that it’s not quite what I’m looking for, I wouldn’t quite consider this desserty enough for me.

It’s decent, but I’m done with it now! To the swap/sell pile!