Copabanana

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “A huge thanks to *ch3rryprincess* for sending me a sample of this tea I've been so curious about (also, for the GIANT bag of Buttercream!! Oh, I'm so thrilled you have no idea!) Anyhow, I brewed...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “thank you *courtney* for this sample. Even though i don't much love coconut, i wanted to try this one just in case. While this smells really nice...as a tea it's pretty gross. There's a slimy...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4738 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! (80) This one was easy because it's not that special. It's ok. I enjoy it. But I won't miss it. Unless I had Malibu in it? That might help.” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1641 tasting notes
  • “this is a tea i would never buy because i don't eat banana-flavored anything. i only eat bananas. but great that Davids sent me one of their little sample pouches cuz now i can try it despite my...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 736 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The hottest tea north of Havana

Its name is Copa, it is a tea blend. Big banana chips take centre stage, with a supporting cast of coconut, cacao, almonds, sweet apple, and strawberry pieces. Who could ask for more? One sip and you’ll see why this blend is a real star. It’s a fruity, sweet, exotically delicious way to heat things up. So go ahead and try a cup of Copabanana…you’ll fall in love.

Ingredients: almond, apple, coconut, orange peel, cocoa peel, banana, strawberry, vanilla.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Love it! Reminds me of banana pudding.

Very delicious! Just got this and it’s definitely one of my favourites!

Sample sipdown!!!……the drain.

So gross.
Made this to go on walk of the day, threw some ice in it to make it drinkable fast, took a sip and BLECHHHHHHH!!!!

Rancid! Sour milk taste!…..like, vomit.

I threw it out so fast, you have no idea.

Damn coconut always does that when it’s old. Bleh!

Courtney

Oh dear.

OMGsrsly

I’d be tempted to keep coconut teas in the fridge. Actually, maybe I’ll do that with the last packet of Gold Rush I have.

whatshesaid

It couldn’t hurt!!

I received this in the box of DAVID’s teas I bought off of TeaPet. Thank you.

I will first state coconut and tea and I aren’t getting along well. I keep trying it and I keep not being a fan. I do like coconut so I am not sure why it just hasn’t been working with me in tea. This one smelled good. It smelled like a beach cocktail. The taste had a weird funk in the aftertaste that I am blaming on the coconut. I am glad I got to try this, but another one that is just not my cup of tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I stole a scoop of this out of the tea box. I love banana based herbals and this is no exception. There is a great underlying sweetness to them that makes them taste decadent to me. I am very glad I got to try this and glad I got to participate in the travelling tea box!

Copabanana – This tea is the best of the banana teas I’ve sampled thus far. I will admit to having a soft spot for DAVIDsTEA, I have yet to have a less than stellar experience at a DAVIDsTEA shop., and although this is probably not a tea that I would stock up on, the banana flavor is strong with a light coconut and nutty after-taste. It helped to kick a craving for junk food tonight :)
This is a tea that I would have once in a while, maybe when I stop in at DT while on a shopping and pedis date with my girlfriends.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Great Canadian TTB

This is another discontinued DAVIDs blend I have wanted to try so thank you Kirlika so much for including it in the box. However, there is something off about this. I get banana but then there is a cloying taste from the coconut that is really not sitting well with me. I am glad I tried it though because now I know it is not for me.

Lala

I am starting to get concerned with the apparent large amount of Davids tea in the GCTTB…(nervous laughter)… ha ha :P

VariaTEA

I think this may be the end of the DAVIDs stuff and I will not add more (unless requested), don’t worry.

Dustin

Maybe the coconut went bad? It has been known to happen!

Kirlika

I actually found the same thing as you did VariaTEA. I was expecting something refreshing and slightly sweet but it sat super heavy on my tongue, so it’s just been hanging around in my cupboard since. Glad that it gave you a chance to try it though!

Copabanana, (the name comes from Copacabana)is the total opposite though. No caffeine, but AMAZING TASTE. It took a while for it to grow on me, but now, I can’t get enough! There seems to be a hint of some kind of spice, like cinnamon or nutmeg, something like that, but nope, not in the tea, I checked the ingredients! It is a fruit-based tea, no actual tea leaves in it. The flavors of all the exotic fruits just marry together in your tea pot yummmm :)

Nope. Not good. Not at all. I’ve tried all kinds of things with this tea and I still can’t create something with it that I like. Iced? Cold brewed? Meh. Hot? Bleh. It’s oily and it smells painfully artificial. The dry leaf smells utterly amazing, but the tea itself has very little body and the flavour is underwhelming. Overall, it tastes like an extremely watered down version of the banana nut bread tea with a hint of a fruity kick to it, but not enough to keep me wanting more.
If I had to describe this experience in a word? Yuck.

This reminds me of DAVIDsTEA’s banana nut bread from the last autumn collection. And it tastes similar just with the addition of some very nice coconut notes and a hint of the apple and nuttiness. I prefer this much more than the banana nut bread, it’s well balanced and very tasty!