Copabanana

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almonds, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Banana, Coconut, Orange Peel, Strawberry, Vanilla
banana, Coconut, Creamy, Vanilla, Apple, Banana
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen Bailey

From DAVIDsTEA

The hottest tea north of Havana

Its name is Copa, it is a tea blend. Big banana chips take centre stage, with a supporting cast of coconut, cacao, almonds, sweet apple, and strawberry pieces. Who could ask for more? One sip and you’ll see why this blend is a real star. It’s a fruity, sweet, exotically delicious way to heat things up. So go ahead and try a cup of Copabanana…you’ll fall in love.

Ingredients: almond, apple, coconut, orange peel, cocoa peel, banana, strawberry, vanilla.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I stole a scoop of this out of the tea box. I love banana based herbals and this is no exception. There is a great underlying sweetness to them that makes them taste decadent to me. I am very glad I got to try this and glad I got to participate in the travelling tea box!

Copabanana – This tea is the best of the banana teas I’ve sampled thus far. I will admit to having a soft spot for DAVIDsTEA, I have yet to have a less than stellar experience at a DAVIDsTEA shop., and although this is probably not a tea that I would stock up on, the banana flavor is strong with a light coconut and nutty after-taste. It helped to kick a craving for junk food tonight :)
This is a tea that I would have once in a while, maybe when I stop in at DT while on a shopping and pedis date with my girlfriends.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Great Canadian TTB

This is another discontinued DAVIDs blend I have wanted to try so thank you Kirlika so much for including it in the box. However, there is something off about this. I get banana but then there is a cloying taste from the coconut that is really not sitting well with me. I am glad I tried it though because now I know it is not for me.

Lala

I am starting to get concerned with the apparent large amount of Davids tea in the GCTTB…(nervous laughter)… ha ha :P

VariaTEA

I think this may be the end of the DAVIDs stuff and I will not add more (unless requested), don’t worry.

Dustin

Maybe the coconut went bad? It has been known to happen!

Kirlika

I actually found the same thing as you did VariaTEA. I was expecting something refreshing and slightly sweet but it sat super heavy on my tongue, so it’s just been hanging around in my cupboard since. Glad that it gave you a chance to try it though!

Copabanana, (the name comes from Copacabana)is the total opposite though. No caffeine, but AMAZING TASTE. It took a while for it to grow on me, but now, I can’t get enough! There seems to be a hint of some kind of spice, like cinnamon or nutmeg, something like that, but nope, not in the tea, I checked the ingredients! It is a fruit-based tea, no actual tea leaves in it. The flavors of all the exotic fruits just marry together in your tea pot yummmm :)

Nope. Not good. Not at all. I’ve tried all kinds of things with this tea and I still can’t create something with it that I like. Iced? Cold brewed? Meh. Hot? Bleh. It’s oily and it smells painfully artificial. The dry leaf smells utterly amazing, but the tea itself has very little body and the flavour is underwhelming. Overall, it tastes like an extremely watered down version of the banana nut bread tea with a hint of a fruity kick to it, but not enough to keep me wanting more.
If I had to describe this experience in a word? Yuck.

This reminds me of DAVIDsTEA’s banana nut bread from the last autumn collection. And it tastes similar just with the addition of some very nice coconut notes and a hint of the apple and nuttiness. I prefer this much more than the banana nut bread, it’s well balanced and very tasty!

This tea was sent to me as a sample along with an online order. I was hesitant to try this tea, because I do not really like banana. I decided to give it a try anyway. I am sorry I did. There are so many flavors playing different roles in this tea that I was overwhelmed. Although the two notes that were bolder were chocolate and banana in my opinion . Overall, I found this tea displeasing.

This was the 4th tea in the spring collection that I brewed up. I am not the biggest fan of all herbals but this one was alright. The taste of this tea comes true to the dry smell…BANANAS! Although there are almonds in this tea, the nuttyness is not overwhelming and almost mimics the flavour of a banana-nut-bread. My only complaint is that the banana taste is so overwhelming that it almost tastes artificial. Overall, a good banana-flavoured tea that I will surely brew again.

Another cause of the blahs – “It’s not good… but it’s not bad either…”
It’s a fruity tea with a heavy cocoa/coconut base which is probably why I prefer it hot over cold. Often with fruity tisanes, I much prefer them cold. There are better teas out there, I wouldn’t purchase this one. I don’t see myself craving it in the future either. Will happily use my sample since it reminds me that spring is around the corner. Then I’m done. :)