Copabanana

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “A huge thanks to *ch3rryprincess* for sending me a sample of this tea I've been so curious about (also, for the GIANT bag of Buttercream!! Oh, I'm so thrilled you have no idea!) Anyhow, I brewed...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “thank you *courtney* for this sample. Even though i don't much love coconut, i wanted to try this one just in case. While this smells really nice...as a tea it's pretty gross. There's a slimy...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “And another sipdown! (80) This one was easy because it's not that special. It's ok. I enjoy it. But I won't miss it. Unless I had Malibu in it? That might help.” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “this is a tea i would never buy because i don't eat banana-flavored anything. i only eat bananas. but great that Davids sent me one of their little sample pouches cuz now i can try it despite my...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

The hottest tea north of Havana

Its name is Copa, it is a tea blend. Big banana chips take centre stage, with a supporting cast of coconut, cacao, almonds, sweet apple, and strawberry pieces. Who could ask for more? One sip and you’ll see why this blend is a real star. It’s a fruity, sweet, exotically delicious way to heat things up. So go ahead and try a cup of Copabanana…you’ll fall in love.

Ingredients: almond, apple, coconut, orange peel, cocoa peel, banana, strawberry, vanilla.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was sent to me as a sample along with an online order. I was hesitant to try this tea, because I do not really like banana. I decided to give it a try anyway. I am sorry I did. There are so many flavors playing different roles in this tea that I was overwhelmed. Although the two notes that were bolder were chocolate and banana in my opinion . Overall, I found this tea displeasing.

This was the 4th tea in the spring collection that I brewed up. I am not the biggest fan of all herbals but this one was alright. The taste of this tea comes true to the dry smell…BANANAS! Although there are almonds in this tea, the nuttyness is not overwhelming and almost mimics the flavour of a banana-nut-bread. My only complaint is that the banana taste is so overwhelming that it almost tastes artificial. Overall, a good banana-flavoured tea that I will surely brew again.

Another cause of the blahs – “It’s not good… but it’s not bad either…”
It’s a fruity tea with a heavy cocoa/coconut base which is probably why I prefer it hot over cold. Often with fruity tisanes, I much prefer them cold. There are better teas out there, I wouldn’t purchase this one. I don’t see myself craving it in the future either. Will happily use my sample since it reminds me that spring is around the corner. Then I’m done. :)

For whatever reason, I just have not found a banana tea I like, and this is no exception. My boyfriend bought it but it’s still here, so I had some today and… While mildly pleasant (since it is, if anything, “Mild”.) I still didn’t get a kick out of it. Until later, when it gave me gas. What?! Why gas!? Not keen at all.

Apparently this tea has gotten some mixed reviews here. Personally, I love it and am sad that I’m drinking one of my last cups until they hopefully bring it back. Maybe I like weak tea… It’s hard to say. I love the combination of the banana and nut taste- sweet and delicious!

I liked this tea but somehow I was left wanting something a little more. Perhaps it was too weak, perhaps the lack of colour made me perceive it as weaker than it was. It smelled so promising – somewhat like Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion but much more authentic – so maybe more like a a pina coloada with a banana thrown in. But, I just couldn’t get enough taste to make me want to buy it again after testing the sample that came with the rest of my order.

Day 45 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge!

Put all that I had left of this tea into my teapot. And wouldn’t you know? I couldn’t get the song out of my head the entire time I was brewing it. Or drinking it. Even during my resteeps….

This was probably the best banana-based tea I’ve ever had. Very banana-y. Very delicious. Resteeped well the first time — the second resteep was weak, but oh well.

Definitely worth it, ESPECIALLY for the chance to burst out into song.

I love, love, LOVE this tea!!! I too don’t care for banana in my tea, but this is so much more. Coconut and light fruits, a hint of chocolate taste! It’s one of the teas that I find does not leave a bitter aftertaste or slick in my throat. Yes it’s bulky and takes a little more to make a good cup, but the smell alone is heaven!
Don’t scald the tea, I find it tastes “bad” if you pour super boiled water on it right away. Leave the bag in for the entire cup!

Love this tea, disappointed I can’t buy a large can of it.