Mom's Apple Pie

Green Tea
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Cinnamon, Green Tea
Apple, Butter, Cinnamon, Spices, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was introduced to the most awesome thing today, apparently there are websites where you can audit college level classes for free. I foresee lots of science classes in my future, because let’s be honest, if I was able to go back to college I would go for science. Of course trying to finally decide if I want to go the Meteorology or Mycology route would be the real hard part, for now I will just sponge up knowledge in barely contained glee.

This is one of those teas that was no surprise at all when I saw it was part of the 2013 Autumn collection. I mean really, what is more autumn than Mom’s Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA? A blend created from Green Tea, Apple Pieces, Cinnamon, Artificial and Natural flavors, this tea is all about nostalgia. Except for me, my mom was more of a carrot cake or berry pie kinda lady, so I don’t have a huge attachment to apples. Unsurprisingly the aroma is very much apples, sweet and a little tart like a Granny Smith apple, there is also a moderate presence of cinnamon which thankfully does not overwhelm. I do not really pick up on the aroma of the base tea, but there is a tiny hint of freshly made crust.

The brewed leave’s aroma is very warm, blending cinnamon spice and cooked apples, and still a little hint of crust. The cinnamon and apple are well balanced and sweet, I still do not notice any green tea though. The liquid is much sweeter with less crust and more apples, the cinnamon is pretty mild, just a gentle warmth.

It’s Apple Flavored! Yes, that is an obscure Bleach reference for you. There is a touch of grassy green, a subtle sweetness, and mild cinnamon warmth. But let’s be honest, the main show stealer is the apple, it has a baked apple and a little bit of an artificial sour apple taste. I am really hit or miss with apple things, actually with apples in general. They are very much so one of those fruits that I love to smell but rarely like to eat, especially if the apple is at all tart. I think that this is a tea that apple lovers could really enjoy since it is more real apple than fake, so points for that. I doubt I would ever seek it out myself.

For photos and blog:

This came as a sample in an order, and I am out of cream today. I have almond milk, but if I drank a black tea today, I want something nice and creamy. So I went looking through my greens and herbals for something interesting.

I need to reduce the size of my stash a bit, so I figured getting rid of one entire sample envelope would be a good idea, and apple pie sounds appealing on a rainy afternoon when I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

It definitely smells of apples, both steeped and unsteeped. Not as candy-like as I had feared. I took a sip before adding some stevia, and it was palatable, but I had a sugar craving so I added in a sweetener. In the first cup, I didn’t really catch the cinnamon after adding sweetener, but it came out more in the second. I think it could actually use more cinnamon – it’s pretty light.

I probably oversteeped it as after I added the water I promptly started having problems with my Mac. But it’s not astringent, so it seemed to handle it well. I am not sure what kind of green tea they used – nothing spectacular, I think.

End verdict: Good for a sweet tooth on a rainy afternoon. Not something I’ll order a tin of, but I wouldn’t refuse a cup if offered.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon

I often wonder if I’ve over/under leafed or over/under steeped when I am not as excited by a tea as others. I sense some apple and cinnamon. Nothing overly interesting. I’ll drink what I have but won’t bother with it again.

T&C TTB 9/23

Taste like sweet cinnamony apple pie filling but maybe more like apple cider.
I drank about ¾ of the cup when I realized my husband might like this so I added a little sugar and he loved it. Success! This is the first non-chai tea my husband has liked not counting super sweet black iced tea.

Thanks so much for sharing this tea Jennkay!

This one smells really nice, but the flavor is not there and not noticeable in my opinion. Its just another green tea (I think? I feel like it could be herbal) and I’m glad I only got 20g of it..

Backlog from … well, a backlog anyway.

I got this as part of the Fall Collection and was hoping for something that just screamed apples! I love apple cider and fall is my favorite time of year for it, so expectations were kinda high. The first time I had this tea, it had a really weak apple flavor — not the full bodied richness the scent promised. The second time I had it, I added some apple cider and got quite the disgusting cup. The third time, I overbrewed and finally got some flaky pastry crust taste overpowering weak apple.

The little bit I have left will go to my green tea obsessed friend, if I ever remember to bring her her tea package. >.

The smell of this tea gets you before you even steep it… it starts off smelling like green apples, but once steeped it smells exactly like it’s name… so warm and soothing, the perfect “comfort tea” to make a bad day better.

Pulled this one out from the depths when I was reorganizing my home tea cupboard (it’s amazing where small packages of tea can hide!)

I love it’s smell, apple pie was one of my favorites growing up (both my folks and my grandmother had big apple trees) and it’s something that I don’t get a chance to have very often any more. And this smells just like it, lots of apple and spices (though mostly cinnamon), and sweet, but not overly so. I don’t get much from the dry green tea leaves though…

The steeped liquor is a murky yellow and the aroma has mellowed significantly while the cinnamon has become the predominate note. The apple is still there but it’s darker and subdued a bit, it still smells quite nice though. As for the taste… it’s good it just doesn’t live up to the promise of the dry aroma. I actually find that I have to significantly over-steep this to get a full “apple” flavor which ends up making the tea somewhat bitter. Aside from that though it’s not bad, there’s just the right amount of sweetness and spice and the green tea keeps this nice and fresh. My one other complaint is that I wish they would have used a tea base that gave some creamy, pastry like notes… maybe an oolong would have been a better base, but that’s just my opinion.

I really love the idea of an apple pie tea but this just isn’t quite the right one for me so the search is on (along with my pumpkin chai search… though I have a number of samples from Dexter that I need to crack open soon!)

OK back to work… (well for at least as long as this intermission lasts! Go Canada Go!)

fuck yes Canada!!!

I really enjoy this tea, however when they say “Mom’s Apple Pie” it doesn’t taste anything like that. When I hear “Mom’s Apple Pie”, I expect to smell/taste vanilla, apples, spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice) sugar, etc. With this tea it smells like apples and cinnamon (and thats it). I think the name is what throws people off, but if you think of it as just an apple/cinnamon tea and not an apple pie tea you will be fine; its quite delicious.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I think I messed up the steeping but I will definitely try this again…