Mom's Apple Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The smell of this tea gets you before you even steep it… it starts off smelling like green apples, but once steeped it smells exactly like it’s name… so warm and soothing, the perfect “comfort tea” to make a bad day better.

Pulled this one out from the depths when I was reorganizing my home tea cupboard (it’s amazing where small packages of tea can hide!)

I love it’s smell, apple pie was one of my favorites growing up (both my folks and my grandmother had big apple trees) and it’s something that I don’t get a chance to have very often any more. And this smells just like it, lots of apple and spices (though mostly cinnamon), and sweet, but not overly so. I don’t get much from the dry green tea leaves though…

The steeped liquor is a murky yellow and the aroma has mellowed significantly while the cinnamon has become the predominate note. The apple is still there but it’s darker and subdued a bit, it still smells quite nice though. As for the taste… it’s good it just doesn’t live up to the promise of the dry aroma. I actually find that I have to significantly over-steep this to get a full “apple” flavor which ends up making the tea somewhat bitter. Aside from that though it’s not bad, there’s just the right amount of sweetness and spice and the green tea keeps this nice and fresh. My one other complaint is that I wish they would have used a tea base that gave some creamy, pastry like notes… maybe an oolong would have been a better base, but that’s just my opinion.

I really love the idea of an apple pie tea but this just isn’t quite the right one for me so the search is on (along with my pumpkin chai search… though I have a number of samples from Dexter that I need to crack open soon!)

OK back to work… (well for at least as long as this intermission lasts! Go Canada Go!)

keychange

fuck yes Canada!!!

I really enjoy this tea, however when they say “Mom’s Apple Pie” it doesn’t taste anything like that. When I hear “Mom’s Apple Pie”, I expect to smell/taste vanilla, apples, spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice) sugar, etc. With this tea it smells like apples and cinnamon (and thats it). I think the name is what throws people off, but if you think of it as just an apple/cinnamon tea and not an apple pie tea you will be fine; its quite delicious.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I think I messed up the steeping but I will definitely try this again…

has a good flavour but I wish it was stronger nd have a stronger apple presence. its defiantly more fragrant than tasty.

I get apple, not cinnamon apple, just apple. So, I added some cinnamon. Still apple, that’s it. There’s now a slight warmth to it from the cinnamon I just added but it’s not at all that comforting having a slice of pie taste I thought I would. it’s a good tea for what it is, but not what I bought it for so no repurchase for me.

I received this as a sample from my David’s Tea order. I don’t have an adjustable temp kettle available to me so I ran some water through my coffee machine and then brewed the tea as directed on the package in my cup.

This is a veeeery tasty tea! It smells just like a freshly baked pie, and tastes almost as good as the real thing. When drinking, I first taste the green tea then apple and cinnamon, and even pastry! Living with my husband who doesn’t seem to like a lot of the traditional fall desserts, (pumpkin pie, apple pie, etc.. though I think it’s apprehension to not trying it than actually not liking it) it’s very nice to spend 5 minutes brewing a cup of liquid dessert over slaving over an apple pie that I would feel terrible about eating by myself.

I have also just resteeped the tea for the second time, and all I seem to be getting is an apple taste. Not sure if I steeped it long enough (5 min, 1 minute more than my 1st steep), the temp of the water (unsure of how hot the water gets in my coffee machine), or both! Still good though!!

Just like drinking apples with cinnamon. It’s so good. It smells very sweet and delicious dry. It smells more like cinnamon and a hint of apples after it’s brewed, but it’s definitely something that I would drink anytime all the time. I went out to get the 100g tin before it disappears again! I don’t really taste the “green tea” part, but it’s okay. The apples make it worth it.

It smells so good! Taste wise its ok, I couldnt taste the cinnamon that well but overall I would consider buying this one in the future.

They might as well call it apple tea, because the apple flavor is so overpowering that it’s almost unpleasant, and the longer you let it steep, the worse it gets. It just gets more and more sour/tangy. I didn’t taste anything else (there isn’t much else in it anyways). Yeah, I’m not too crazy about this tea, I wish there was less apple flavor and more cinnamon and green tea flavors in it.