Mom's Apple Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is definitely one of the best teas I’ve had in a while!! And it’s so perfect for fall too, which makes me love it even more. It smells like real, fresh, homemade apple pie, (or at least the apple filling part).
The actual taste is the same as how it smells, except the green tea shines through as well. I like how the flavour of the apple & cinnamon is obvious but doesn’t take over everything – these ingredients work really well together. Plus it’s sweet, but the apples are also a bit tart too, which is just like apple pie should taste. It’s like drinking a hot apple cider, but lightened and freshened up by the tea part. I could see alot of my family/friends liking this as well, and I hope it sticks around at Davids because it’s pretty amazing.

This tea does smell and taste like apple pie, just not the best apple pie, but still not a bad tea. Not something I would buy, but glad someone shared it with me.

I normally don’t like apple teas because they taste too tart and the apple is overwhelming the other flavors. This one, surprisingly, is neither. This tastes pretty close to apple pie filling.

Granted, the pie that comes to my mind is less pie-shaped, and more those “pies” from McDonald’s – which for the longest time was my only exposure to apple pie. (First generation Chinese – whatcha gonna do?)

I would have liked the flavor to be a bit stronger, and oddly enough, when I added sugar, the flavor diluted instead of becoming stronger. I also wanted some creaminess (apple pie a la mode, anybody?) but that could just be me.

Brought this in my tea tumbler to class today. The candy-apple smell is so strong that I could smell it through the lid (most flavored teas, I can barely smell). Anyway, it has a wonderful candy apple taste that kept me peppy all day. It did get bitter toward the bottom, but nothing too unbearable. I will say that I prefer teas with a cleaner texture, but I think this slightly buttery texture was supposed to be evocative of the crust part of the pie.

Edit: The apple smell/flavor is kind of stuck in my tea tumbler after washing regularly, so I’m going to have to clean it using a stronger method.

I might have actually rated this higher if I hadn’t had the AppleTEA’ni this morning. It’s kind of a let down in flavor after that. It’s flat tasting to me where the Art of Tea one had definite punch and better apple flavor. There is a nice buttery crust type flavor that’s imparted from the green tea here, but overall it’s just a big meh.

I’m still looking for some DavidsTea that inspires me to place an order because they genuinely have things that sound like they could be tasty, but everything I’ve tried so far (that has also sounded tasty) has been mediocre at best.

Still, thank you very much QueenOfTarts for letting me try this :)

I’ve had this one about a year now and haven’t logged it yet! Oops!
I think mine is starting to feel the time on it. I should have added another tsp to the mix, but it is still good. It’s a nice apple cinnamon tea. I don’t drink much green tea anymore, but I’m definitely enjoying it. I’ll have to finish this one up this fall. :)

So I’m not a lover of green tea, but wish I was because I know its good for me. I can just never get past that grassy taste. This one came in my Fall sampler, and I’m glad it did. It’s apple cinnamon goodness! The tea taste is definitely there, but the grassiness is overshadowed by the fruity apple and the warm cinnamon. I really enjoyed this after work in the winter months.
This gets the honor of being the first green tea that I actually like. I still have enough left for a couple of mugs, and I would probably repurchase this if it came back this fall.

I decided to give this one another go. My first impression wasn’t as great (I hardly tasted anything, couldn’t make out the apple). So I purchased this yesterday in hopes that it redeems itself. And quite surprisingly—it did. I definitely got more of an apple pie taste this time than the last time (I think it was because they gave me enough tea for a cup, but my mug was fit for two!)

I got the delicious taste of apples and cinnamon and although it was watery, my mind was thinking about the rich and creaminess of the pie filling :)

It tastes yummy, but definitely not a favourite. I won’t be repurchasing (maybe I will in the future)

my coworker begged for a cup of this cause it smelled too good, i had just finished the bag though so he took the second steep ;)

I don’t get some of the poorer reviews of this tea. Then again, I was trained by tea snobs.

The aroma of this tea is heavenly, and when I first drank it I wasn’t sure that I was actually tasting the tea or smelling it. The smell was just so powerful – but I’m pretty smell-oriented, so I didn’t at all mind. Second time around the smell is still quite present, but I let the tea sit for a few hours. Not intentionally, mind. I was working on making a candy bowl for my work for Halloween that should be pretty neat when I’m through with it, but I got sidetracked and this tea wound up sitting on my counter for four hours.

When I finally got back to my full cup, it was cold. But with the scent diminished a bit, it gave me a chance to really take this tea in for the flavour, and wow was I ever impressed. If you’re not getting enough flavour, you’re not letting it linger long enough. Savouring this tea cold was an absolute joy, and I will definitely be getting more of this tea before it goes.