Mom's Apple Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh wow. This tea is great! A great balance of apple & spice against the earthy green tea. I wish this tea was made all year long!

One of my favourite teas of all-time. It reminds me of a very light apple cider. Once or twice I have let it steep too long and it was still delicious! Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fruity green tea :)

Smells amazing dry, the tart apple smell reminds me of apple Jolly Ranchers. After steeping, this tea definitely keeps its apple scent and flavor. I do notice a pastry-ish note sometimes, but it feels more like an apple cinnamon tea to me than an apple pie tea. I’ve had this almost every morning since buying it, it’s amazing

love this tea! smells like tart green apples with a hint of cinnamon. the taste is less cinnamon and more apple with a green tea aftertaste.
just lovely!

I had this one as a tea-to-go the other day. Can’t say I was too impressed, which makes me sad. I loved the smell of the loose tea though. I think that in order to get a proper idea of whether I like this one or not, I’d have to play around with the level of water temp, steeping time, agave and/or milk. I suspect that the reason why I wasn’t partial to this as a tea-to-go was that the water was WAY too hot and I left the tea bag in hoping to reuse it again later…. which resulted in a very pungent and slightly bitter tea which did not remind me in the slightest of my mom’s apple pie.

Will definitely have to retry this one!

Got this from @variTEA. It smells of apple pie (my husband reckons it smells of my favorite cocktail, which is apple pie-flavored). I have an apple crumble tisane, but would never think to put this with a green tea!

I add a splash of honey, though I think I might go for brown sugar next time. This stuff is pretty good!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you like it. It wasn’t really for me so I am happy it’s found a new and loving home.

I can’t believe there’s no rating from me for this tea. Is Steepster eating my ratings? I could have sworn I rated this tea not once, but twice already. And I have it in my cupboard in two different places (home and office). So…weird. Was positive I did. Am I going crazy? Have I already gone crazy so I don’t realize I’m already there?! IS THE SKY REALLY PURPLE?!?!?!

Sipdown: achieved for one of my stash of this tea. I ordered this first online during the discontinuing sale they had a loooong time ago. Loved it. Couldn’t believe it was being discontinued. Tasted EXACTLY like apple pie. So good. And then they brought it back! OMG, they brought it back!! So I went into the store and got a tin of it because OMG SO GOOD. And guess what? Recipe: changed. Now has a wicked-awesome plastic aftertaste, and a weird film on top of the water after steeping. Picture “pollution in the Niagara River near the falls foamy grossness” and that’s exactly what’s on the surface of my tea. Yuck. I dunno what’s different about this, since the ingredients are all the same, but bleh. Because it was part of a special collection it’s already been discontinued again, but I will not be re-buying. If it’s ever introduced again I’ll give it a try by getting a cup of it in-store, but my hopes will be rock-bottom. Wrecked it once, I’m sure it’s possible to wreck it again.

Verdict: refilling with one of the carnival collection teas. Cotton candy, maybe?

I was introduced to the most awesome thing today, apparently there are websites where you can audit college level classes for free. I foresee lots of science classes in my future, because let’s be honest, if I was able to go back to college I would go for science. Of course trying to finally decide if I want to go the Meteorology or Mycology route would be the real hard part, for now I will just sponge up knowledge in barely contained glee.

This is one of those teas that was no surprise at all when I saw it was part of the 2013 Autumn collection. I mean really, what is more autumn than Mom’s Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA? A blend created from Green Tea, Apple Pieces, Cinnamon, Artificial and Natural flavors, this tea is all about nostalgia. Except for me, my mom was more of a carrot cake or berry pie kinda lady, so I don’t have a huge attachment to apples. Unsurprisingly the aroma is very much apples, sweet and a little tart like a Granny Smith apple, there is also a moderate presence of cinnamon which thankfully does not overwhelm. I do not really pick up on the aroma of the base tea, but there is a tiny hint of freshly made crust.

The brewed leave’s aroma is very warm, blending cinnamon spice and cooked apples, and still a little hint of crust. The cinnamon and apple are well balanced and sweet, I still do not notice any green tea though. The liquid is much sweeter with less crust and more apples, the cinnamon is pretty mild, just a gentle warmth.

It’s Apple Flavored! Yes, that is an obscure Bleach reference for you. There is a touch of grassy green, a subtle sweetness, and mild cinnamon warmth. But let’s be honest, the main show stealer is the apple, it has a baked apple and a little bit of an artificial sour apple taste. I am really hit or miss with apple things, actually with apples in general. They are very much so one of those fruits that I love to smell but rarely like to eat, especially if the apple is at all tart. I think that this is a tea that apple lovers could really enjoy since it is more real apple than fake, so points for that. I doubt I would ever seek it out myself.

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/06/davidstea-moms-apple-pie-tea-review.html

This came as a sample in an order, and I am out of cream today. I have almond milk, but if I drank a black tea today, I want something nice and creamy. So I went looking through my greens and herbals for something interesting.

I need to reduce the size of my stash a bit, so I figured getting rid of one entire sample envelope would be a good idea, and apple pie sounds appealing on a rainy afternoon when I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

It definitely smells of apples, both steeped and unsteeped. Not as candy-like as I had feared. I took a sip before adding some stevia, and it was palatable, but I had a sugar craving so I added in a sweetener. In the first cup, I didn’t really catch the cinnamon after adding sweetener, but it came out more in the second. I think it could actually use more cinnamon – it’s pretty light.

I probably oversteeped it as after I added the water I promptly started having problems with my Mac. But it’s not astringent, so it seemed to handle it well. I am not sure what kind of green tea they used – nothing spectacular, I think.

End verdict: Good for a sweet tooth on a rainy afternoon. Not something I’ll order a tin of, but I wouldn’t refuse a cup if offered.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon

I often wonder if I’ve over/under leafed or over/under steeped when I am not as excited by a tea as others. I sense some apple and cinnamon. Nothing overly interesting. I’ll drink what I have but won’t bother with it again.