Mom's Apple Pie

Green Tea
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Cinnamon, Green Tea
Apple, Butter, Cinnamon, Spices, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh wow. This tea is great! A great balance of apple & spice against the earthy green tea. I wish this tea was made all year long!

One of my favourite teas of all-time. It reminds me of a very light apple cider. Once or twice I have let it steep too long and it was still delicious! Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fruity green tea :)

Smells amazing dry, the tart apple smell reminds me of apple Jolly Ranchers. After steeping, this tea definitely keeps its apple scent and flavor. I do notice a pastry-ish note sometimes, but it feels more like an apple cinnamon tea to me than an apple pie tea. I’ve had this almost every morning since buying it, it’s amazing

love this tea! smells like tart green apples with a hint of cinnamon. the taste is less cinnamon and more apple with a green tea aftertaste.
just lovely!

I had this one as a tea-to-go the other day. Can’t say I was too impressed, which makes me sad. I loved the smell of the loose tea though. I think that in order to get a proper idea of whether I like this one or not, I’d have to play around with the level of water temp, steeping time, agave and/or milk. I suspect that the reason why I wasn’t partial to this as a tea-to-go was that the water was WAY too hot and I left the tea bag in hoping to reuse it again later…. which resulted in a very pungent and slightly bitter tea which did not remind me in the slightest of my mom’s apple pie.

Will definitely have to retry this one!

This tea was disappointing to me. It smelled fantastic at first, but I found it a bit too sour, if that makes sense. I can taste more of a granny smith apple taste, which is not my favorite. I do like how it is kind of cidery, but after having a cup or 2, this tea is still just sitting in my cupboard, untouched.

Flavors: Apple

OK, so I’m a bit late on this, since I got it last year as part of a David’s Tea fall sample pack. I’m enjoying it immensely, and am sad to say it’s almost finished – yet another limited edition that may or may not pass this way again. It’s just downright yummy. All the apple cinnamon goodness is so THERE that green tea drinkers may be disappointed that the green-ness of the tea tends to disappear. But, since I adore dessert-y teas, I love this one! I’ve actually added almond milk to it (I can almost hear that collective gasp out there! So scandalous!), and it makes it taste almost like apple pie a la mode.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Cinnamon

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very light, with apples and cinnamon, but a little bit too light for the apple pie it’s supposed to evoke. I want to taste butter and pie crust and a bit more warm richness that just isn’t quite there.

Still, this cup was better than the first one I tried, where I was pretty let down. This time around it was tasty, just not exciting.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Spices

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 64 OZ / 1900 ML

Got this from @variTEA. It smells of apple pie (my husband reckons it smells of my favorite cocktail, which is apple pie-flavored). I have an apple crumble tisane, but would never think to put this with a green tea!

I add a splash of honey, though I think I might go for brown sugar next time. This stuff is pretty good!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

Yay! I am glad you like it. It wasn’t really for me so I am happy it’s found a new and loving home.

I can’t believe there’s no rating from me for this tea. Is Steepster eating my ratings? I could have sworn I rated this tea not once, but twice already. And I have it in my cupboard in two different places (home and office). So…weird. Was positive I did. Am I going crazy? Have I already gone crazy so I don’t realize I’m already there?! IS THE SKY REALLY PURPLE?!?!?!

Sipdown: achieved for one of my stash of this tea. I ordered this first online during the discontinuing sale they had a loooong time ago. Loved it. Couldn’t believe it was being discontinued. Tasted EXACTLY like apple pie. So good. And then they brought it back! OMG, they brought it back!! So I went into the store and got a tin of it because OMG SO GOOD. And guess what? Recipe: changed. Now has a wicked-awesome plastic aftertaste, and a weird film on top of the water after steeping. Picture “pollution in the Niagara River near the falls foamy grossness” and that’s exactly what’s on the surface of my tea. Yuck. I dunno what’s different about this, since the ingredients are all the same, but bleh. Because it was part of a special collection it’s already been discontinued again, but I will not be re-buying. If it’s ever introduced again I’ll give it a try by getting a cup of it in-store, but my hopes will be rock-bottom. Wrecked it once, I’m sure it’s possible to wreck it again.

Verdict: refilling with one of the carnival collection teas. Cotton candy, maybe?