Mom's Apple Pie

Green Tea
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Cinnamon, Green Tea
Apple, Butter, Cinnamon, Spices, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh wow. This tea is great! A great balance of apple & spice against the earthy green tea. I wish this tea was made all year long!

One of my favourite teas of all-time. It reminds me of a very light apple cider. Once or twice I have let it steep too long and it was still delicious! Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fruity green tea :)

Smells amazing dry, the tart apple smell reminds me of apple Jolly Ranchers. After steeping, this tea definitely keeps its apple scent and flavor. I do notice a pastry-ish note sometimes, but it feels more like an apple cinnamon tea to me than an apple pie tea. I’ve had this almost every morning since buying it, it’s amazing

love this tea! smells like tart green apples with a hint of cinnamon. the taste is less cinnamon and more apple with a green tea aftertaste.
just lovely!

I had this one as a tea-to-go the other day. Can’t say I was too impressed, which makes me sad. I loved the smell of the loose tea though. I think that in order to get a proper idea of whether I like this one or not, I’d have to play around with the level of water temp, steeping time, agave and/or milk. I suspect that the reason why I wasn’t partial to this as a tea-to-go was that the water was WAY too hot and I left the tea bag in hoping to reuse it again later…. which resulted in a very pungent and slightly bitter tea which did not remind me in the slightest of my mom’s apple pie.

Will definitely have to retry this one!

I really liked this tea the second time I made it. I over steeped it the first time and it tasted bitter to me. I find 3 minutes is the max to brew green teas.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea was disappointing to me. It smelled fantastic at first, but I found it a bit too sour, if that makes sense. I can taste more of a granny smith apple taste, which is not my favorite. I do like how it is kind of cidery, but after having a cup or 2, this tea is still just sitting in my cupboard, untouched.

Flavors: Apple

OK, so I’m a bit late on this, since I got it last year as part of a David’s Tea fall sample pack. I’m enjoying it immensely, and am sad to say it’s almost finished – yet another limited edition that may or may not pass this way again. It’s just downright yummy. All the apple cinnamon goodness is so THERE that green tea drinkers may be disappointed that the green-ness of the tea tends to disappear. But, since I adore dessert-y teas, I love this one! I’ve actually added almond milk to it (I can almost hear that collective gasp out there! So scandalous!), and it makes it taste almost like apple pie a la mode.

Flavors: Apple, Butter, Cinnamon

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very light, with apples and cinnamon, but a little bit too light for the apple pie it’s supposed to evoke. I want to taste butter and pie crust and a bit more warm richness that just isn’t quite there.

Still, this cup was better than the first one I tried, where I was pretty let down. This time around it was tasty, just not exciting.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Spices

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 64 OZ / 1900 ML

Got this from @variTEA. It smells of apple pie (my husband reckons it smells of my favorite cocktail, which is apple pie-flavored). I have an apple crumble tisane, but would never think to put this with a green tea!

I add a splash of honey, though I think I might go for brown sugar next time. This stuff is pretty good!

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you like it. It wasn’t really for me so I am happy it’s found a new and loving home.