Mom's Apple Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s like going home

This tea will bring you right back to your childhood. Thanks to the spicy aroma of cinnamon, the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven and the fresh green tea blend. Don’t remember that last part? Okay, so we added the green tea. It’s a great way to bring all the nostalgic flavour of mom’s dessert right to your mug. So wherever you go, you’ve got the warm memories…but not the calories. Mom would approve.

Ingredients: Green tea, apple pieces, cinnamon, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh wow. This tea is great! A great balance of apple & spice against the earthy green tea. I wish this tea was made all year long!

One of my favourite teas of all-time. It reminds me of a very light apple cider. Once or twice I have let it steep too long and it was still delicious! Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fruity green tea :)

Smells amazing dry, the tart apple smell reminds me of apple Jolly Ranchers. After steeping, this tea definitely keeps its apple scent and flavor. I do notice a pastry-ish note sometimes, but it feels more like an apple cinnamon tea to me than an apple pie tea. I’ve had this almost every morning since buying it, it’s amazing

love this tea! smells like tart green apples with a hint of cinnamon. the taste is less cinnamon and more apple with a green tea aftertaste.
just lovely!

I had this one as a tea-to-go the other day. Can’t say I was too impressed, which makes me sad. I loved the smell of the loose tea though. I think that in order to get a proper idea of whether I like this one or not, I’d have to play around with the level of water temp, steeping time, agave and/or milk. I suspect that the reason why I wasn’t partial to this as a tea-to-go was that the water was WAY too hot and I left the tea bag in hoping to reuse it again later…. which resulted in a very pungent and slightly bitter tea which did not remind me in the slightest of my mom’s apple pie.

Will definitely have to retry this one!

This came as a sample in an order, and I am out of cream today. I have almond milk, but if I drank a black tea today, I want something nice and creamy. So I went looking through my greens and herbals for something interesting.

I need to reduce the size of my stash a bit, so I figured getting rid of one entire sample envelope would be a good idea, and apple pie sounds appealing on a rainy afternoon when I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

It definitely smells of apples, both steeped and unsteeped. Not as candy-like as I had feared. I took a sip before adding some stevia, and it was palatable, but I had a sugar craving so I added in a sweetener. In the first cup, I didn’t really catch the cinnamon after adding sweetener, but it came out more in the second. I think it could actually use more cinnamon – it’s pretty light.

I probably oversteeped it as after I added the water I promptly started having problems with my Mac. But it’s not astringent, so it seemed to handle it well. I am not sure what kind of green tea they used – nothing spectacular, I think.

End verdict: Good for a sweet tooth on a rainy afternoon. Not something I’ll order a tin of, but I wouldn’t refuse a cup if offered.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon

I often wonder if I’ve over/under leafed or over/under steeped when I am not as excited by a tea as others. I sense some apple and cinnamon. Nothing overly interesting. I’ll drink what I have but won’t bother with it again.

T&C TTB 9/?

Taste like sweet cinnamony apple pie filling but maybe more like apple cider.
I drank about ¾ of the cup when I realized my husband might like this so I added a little sugar and he loved it. Success! This is the first non-chai tea my husband has liked not counting super sweet black iced tea.

Thanks so much for sharing this tea Jennkay!

This one smells really nice, but the flavor is not there and not noticeable in my opinion. Its just another green tea (I think? I feel like it could be herbal) and I’m glad I only got 20g of it..

Backlog from … well, a backlog anyway.

I got this as part of the Fall Collection and was hoping for something that just screamed apples! I love apple cider and fall is my favorite time of year for it, so expectations were kinda high. The first time I had this tea, it had a really weak apple flavor — not the full bodied richness the scent promised. The second time I had it, I added some apple cider and got quite the disgusting cup. The third time, I overbrewed and finally got some flaky pastry crust taste overpowering weak apple.

Disappointing.

The little bit I have left will go to my green tea obsessed friend, if I ever remember to bring her her tea package. >.<