Southern Belle

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Strraaange. This one tastes like smoky peach today. Not sure why; it's in its DT bag and therefore shouldn't have been contaminated. Ah well. I'm definitely not feeling DT's peachy flavourings...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “ICED TEA MODE! I just spent 40 freaking minutes stirring a dark roux for gumbo and managed to burn my finger in the process - note to self and others, roux gets VERY hot, do not try to taste...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 932 tasting notes
  • “Wow another win with me and DT today! Thank you *Cedes* for this sample! I rather like this one a lot! Its creamy, sweet, and note I do not normally like the Stevia in DT but this is fitting...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I tried making this cold, but it still is just so gross. It just tastes like a really bad, cheap alcohol drink. If the stevia and/or the yogurt drops just weren't here this might not be so...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

She’s a peach.

If you order a cup of tea in the south, don’t expect a piping hot mug. Southern iced tea comes tall, sweet, and extra cold. And that’s just how this fruity black tea is best enjoyed. With big sweet pieces of peach, creamy yogurt drops, and sweet stevia leaf, it’s the perfect companion to a big bowl of peach cobbler on a warm September day. One sip and you’ll swear you’ve been transported to a porch swing in Georgia. Seersucker suit and panama hat not included.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Definitely enjoying this one. I agree with the other commenters who have said it resembles one of the peach campino candies.

The yoghurt adds a wonderful creaminess to the tea, and of course the peach is prominent but doesn’t overwhelm any of the other flavour elements. I found that I didnt really need any sweetener at all necause of the stevia leaf. I had this one as a cup of tea at my local davids, and I think that while I did enjoy it – it will be a cup-by-cup purchase rather than a bag for home steeping.

I drank mine straight with no additions. The second steeping was also delicious, but because I left it sit too long I added some agave to balance out the slight acidity of the oversteeped tea.

really disappointing.

smelled like lovely fuzzy peaches.

Tastes nothing like any fruit or yogurt and had a curious texture.

meh.

Cattibrie

You really need to understeep this one or the yogurt bits will turn on you. I love it but one second over and it goes really gross. I don’t leave this tea and walk away while it is steeping.

Stevia scares me. All my previous experiences with it have left me with a funny taste in my mouth and even less of a desire to find a healthy sugar alternative. So I was apprehensive of this tea. But, the yogurt bits drew me in so I bought a small bag. Turns out stevia CAN work well as a sweetener. The yogurt bits melt and create a kind of filminess in the tea, which is kinda weird. But everything else. The smell. The taste. It’s like making (terrible looking) lattice top peach pies in the summer all over again. K, now I want peach pie…guess I’ll just have to have a cup of this!

So, I’ve only tried this tea once, but I plan to try it again soon.
The one time that I did try it, I must have used water that was too hot because I curdled the yogurt pieces. I was surprised by that but I guess it happens. I think next time I’m going to try it without any yogurt pieces to see what happens.
As for smell, it smells wonderful, both steeped and non-steeped. :) I’ll update this once I’ve tried it again.

Faith

I’m not sure they curdle so much as partially dissolve (since they are in chip form). I usually just take them out anyways, since they “reconstitute” whenever I try to ice the tea.

Thank you Roswell Strange (and aisling of tea) for the chance to try this discontinued blend. When I initially saw the brewed cup, I got pretty worried because this is definitely a murky tea. Luckily, that didn’t translate into the texture – as in it doesn’t seem like I am drinking an oil slick.

However, sipping on it now, I think this tea is good but not one I am heartbroken I won’t be able to buy. The yogurt gives it a nice creaminess and a slight tang while the tea still manages to capture a peachy flavor. Very, very nice and I am definitely glad I have at least one more cup.

Love love love this tea! The yogurt adds a creamy texture, and the peach taste is not an artificial kind. She’s a peach! :) Seriously wish this tea was still around. I would love love love if anyone had any left that they would like to share.. please contact me! :) [email protected]

i like the yogurt chips! interesting idea to make this a nice creamy peachy cup.
good black tea flavour as well!

Not my favourite. I think it might have been more suited as an iced tea, but something was just rubbing me the wrong way, and I suspect it was the stevia in it. I can’t handle sucralose and other sugar substitutes/replacements well, and I suspect the same is with stevia. I took it back and got some Secret Weapon and The Skinny.