Kanpe Tea

Fruit Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Wow, I was really surprised by how much I LOVED this tea!! Loved it! I remember trying Sleigh Ride from the Advent Calendar and despising it, but this one is amazing. Iced! I should say Iced! I...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “I disliked this tea with my first sip. I liked the fruitiness, but combined with the cinnamon it didn’t initially sit well on my tongue. Additionally, the tartness of the hibiscus followed with...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Delicately spiced my arse. This tastes like apple cider to me, probably because of all the cinnamon. And wow, is it ever taaaart!! I really really wanted to like this one. You feel guilty not...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 223 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! This stuff is so very, very sweet* and juicy that I don't think I'll be reordering it, but it was interesting to try! *Edit*: *Nope, tart. My mind is useless today and I can't type.” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 242 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Celebrate Haiti
We are so excited to be working with KANPE, an organization that seeks to put an end to the cycle of poverty by encouraging financial independence in Haiti. Our first step together is this tea, made with ingredients that celebrate Haiti’s rich culture and unique cuisine. It’s got hibiscus, a common Haitian folk remedy; mango, Haiti’s most popular fruit; plus other distinctly Haitian flavours, including cinnamon, banana, papaya, and coconut. It’s tart, sweet, and delicately spiced. All profits go straight to KANPE.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I hate to say it, because this tea was created for such a good cause, but… I just can’t with this one. Not even for charity. You know when you haven’t eaten in awhile, and you can sort of taste your own stomach acid? This tea tastes like that to me. My original notes on this one, back from the first time I ever tried it, say: “Satan serves this tea in hell”. For that reason, I’m scared to ever try it again. I want to love it! I want to love it for charity! I need to learn to make friends with hibiscus in my tea, I think. If you’re a hibiscus fan, then drink up and feel good about yourself for all the good that you’re doing in the world by enjoying this cuppa, but until I acquire the taste myself, I’ll just be over in this corner, reviling this tea (but feeling appropriately guilty for it, I swear!).

Amazing – this one tastes like sour cherry!

Lovely, lovely tea! It tastes and smells just like Christmas!

I got this in one of those shorter tins for Christmas last year. By nose it’s got an appley cinnamony smell. I’m not usually a fan of warm fruit scented/tart teas but I discovered that this is the best as an iced tea! I use a bit of agave/honey to sweeten it but it almost doesn’t need any.

This is the perfect fruity tea, for when you’re in a fantastic mood, and everything is sunny! It smells amazing, and the taste is extremely vibrant. You can’t go wrong with this one ! PLUS, proceeds go to charity, good deeds, and good tea.

Delish! This one was suggested to me because they were out of Goji Pop (which I STILL haven’t tried). Nice and fruity with a cinnamon kick, and all for a good cause! This is my next buy, for sure.

Iced

So glad to drink a tea for a good cause,makes a cup better.

I love my fruit teas so I immediately liked this one.

So tart and fruity with surprising elements staying on your tongue like cinnamon and coconut.
This is just a straight up wonderful fruit tea perfect hot or iced.

It didn’t wow me ,but for the good cause and just to have another very good fruity tea in the cupboard it’s worth a taste and a buy.

I am not a fan of hibiscus but thought I would give this tea a try, no luck. I have discovered I am still not a fan of hibiscus and gave away the rest of my tea to a fellow tea drinker. At least I can feel good that I donated to a good cause.

Had a cup of this tea earlier today. It is such a great tea! It’s sweet, but I found to not be too sweet. I love the coconut in it too. And I love the rich pink colour that it turns when brewed. I only bought 40g, but I’m going to have to go back for more soon!

Not a big fan of stevia, so this tea was almost too sweet, but as a whole I really liked it! It had a bit of a bitter undertone too…probably in the hibiscus. But generally – yum! I loved the colour that it turned, loved the smell of both the dry tea and the brewed tea, and loved 95% of the taste…and of course the awesome cause that it is for as well! :)