Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Apple, Cranberry, Cream, Pear, Vanilla, Creamy, Fruity, Apricot, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Having a cup of this before bed. I know black tea ahh. But it says low caffeine so I should be good. And I got one cue card done today for my biology exams. Yep, one. Productive, I know.

jessiwrites

I sometimes have low caffeine teas in the evening before bed, like Ceylon Star, Cookie Dough, or Movie Night. The heart wants what it wants. :P

Cavocorax

I wish all teas were labeled by caffeine level so we could figure these things out easier. I’m happy DT does it as half my teas are probably from there.

Huge pieces of fruit in this one! It smells delicious.

But the taste is a little disappointing. I think there was lots of apple pieces so I am not really getting that much cranberry pear taste. Don’t get me wrong, it is still there, but I am also getting an artificial taste to it. I will have to see where future cups take me with different amounts of fruit.

But hey, I only got a 20gram sample. I will still drink it but I won’t re-stock.

Thanks Sil for the surprise sample!

I really enjoy the tart cranberries and the sweet pears, but I don’t really taste the black teas. I… I guess I’ll take their word on it! It’s pretty tasty as an herbal though!

Fiddling

I had a similar experience with this one. It made for a tasty herbal, but I prefer my black teas to taste like there’s some tea in there!

SIPDOWN! You know… i’m not sure how i feel about this tea. I often wish David’s Tea would just cut it out with all the fruit chunks that hide the TEA! this tea has more tea in it than your average tea from Davids (fruit tea that is) but it’s still not a lot of tea.

So how do i feel about this? well it smells delicious! but drinking it is kinda like drinking a cranberry apple tea. The pear i only really get if i breath in the vapors coming off the mug. So it’s kinda fail in my opinion as a pear tea. it’s a cranberry tea. one that might be tasty as a cold brew though… hmm yeah maybe.

Boiling 8 min or more
Kaylee

Wow, you’re really on a roll today with the sipdowns!

Kaylee…yeah but then ill probably end up going forever without one. Mostly just getting through all the teas that I’ve been hanging on to because I was never getting around to finishing them. Must get down under 200…..

Kaylee

You can do it!

The flavour is predominantly a blunt bitterness. The black tea taste is not very strong but is definitely present. The aftertaste contains all the sweetness and juicy-feel of pear and cranberry flavour. The fruit flavours are quite pleasant, I would prefer that they were more in the main part of the flavour.

Rating: 67

Kittenna

Nice! Drank the same tea at the same time as me :D

Raritea

So weird… In a good way! :)

Kittenna

Tea twins! :D

Mmmm smells so yummy, appley and cranberry. To me this is fall, and reminds me of my mom. In October my mom goes to a cranberry festival down south.

So, anyways I got this in a swap and made a small 6oz ish cup. This was light on black tea taste, I almost feel like I could drink this at night. It tastes like typical cranberry and apple tea, I know its suppose to be pear, but I get apple. It’s really good and definitely one I will be adding to my fall collection.

EDIT: This was my 100th tasting note. Wow hard to believe.

Alphakitty

Congrats on 100! ^^

Indigobloom

100 notes, woohoo!! congrats hun! :)

Thanks again Indigobloom for this sample!

I don’t get much of a chance to drink real loaded with fruit tea. This was LOADED!
When I opened the silver DT packet it was hard to find any black tea at all. The plump pieces of cranberry and dried pear with apple looked more like fruit salad. Steeping this 6 minutes to extract as much fruit flavor as possible the pour was golden with a warm, delicious cranberry scent.

I was expecting lots of fruit flavor. Sadly, the apple taste broke the back of the cranberry tang causing the flavors to flatten. This was disappointing. I like cranberry apple juice but the balance has to be just right or the cranberry will get lost, which is what happened here. The result was watery. Too bad.

I think a little hibiscus would have helped. Hibiscus haters who swear that it overpowers every other flavor on earth, in some cases, such as cranberry, it can be a great help if used in moderation. And, maybe a little more tea could have been in this fruit mixture.
Where was that tea anyway?

This was not a winner. But Indigobloom is a winner all the time!

Indigobloom

Awww thank you Bonnie! XOX
I found this one to be hit or miss. Sometimes it’s meh, and others… amaaaazing! Sorry yours fell on the meh side!
(and I had the girl put extra leaf in to! lol)

I took this to work with me today and it was very enjoyable. Fruity, but still with a hearty black base, and no bitterness whatsoever. I was really impressed with this tea today, it was exactly what I was looking for this morning!

Yvonne

This one is pretty good! Glad you enjoyed it :)

mewakeling

I am really liking it. I tend to associate black teas with spice or chocolate based flavours, it is nice to see a strictly fruit based one that also really works.

I spent way more time with family than I expected to this year, so I didn’t drink any tea on Tuesday or Wednesday. But Cards Against Humanity has this way of bringing family together over horribly offensive jokes. My mother was surprisingly good at it. o_O

This is like an herbal masquerading about with a tinsy bit of tea in there. That seems to be a common thread with quite a fews Davids blends, but, if you don’t mind not tasting tea in your tea, it’s an okay thing.

It’s sweet with floral notes, but a dominantly sticky apple and pear flavor. Cranberry is there, but I’m finding it quite faint. It’s very candy-like, and doesn’t need any sugar on it’s own. I would almost classify this overall as more dessert-like than fruity. There’s almost a crumble feel to it.

Anyway. Thank you Ellyn for this cup for the first day of Christmas!

I can’t believe that I actually purchased this tea in August and have only gotten around to trying it now. I think I pretty much bought out much of the store when I first discovered David’s, and then quickly learned about the nine million other fabulous tea companies out there and then bought everything I could find in a frenzied rush. So yeah, I hadn’t tried this one until today. In the bag, this smells pleasant, but had I not known this was cranberry pear (and I often don’t, given that people don’t make, like, talking or Braille labels) I wouldn’t have guessed that this tea had either cranberry or pear in it. But yeah, smelled nice. A bit odd, but nice. When I scooped a heaping spoonful into my cup, I realized that this tea’s got a lot of dried fruit in it, which some may love but I found a bit dismaying. I like the magic to be in the leaves if possible, because, I don’t know, I worry that fruit alone can’t really…flavour hot water all that well. So i scooped in some more tea bits and settled down to let it brew.

You know, I liked this tea more than I expected to. It sort of has a vague, sweet, almost almondy feel to it (or maybe I was just imagining that), and perhaps the delicate flavours were overwhelmed by my usual cream and sugar, but I could not detect the black base at all, which is almost always a shame. It tasted decent enough, although certainly a bit one-dimensional. I may or may not finish out the package, but I know someone else will in the event that I don’t.