Cranberry Pear

Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Attempted to drink a cup of this today, but my 1 year old decided that she had other plans. Plans that involved licking my laptop screen, playing with the highlighters that dad left out, and ripping pages out of magazines. So, the tea got cold, still drinkable. But cold. And this tea cold, has a lingering aftertaste of cardboard. Sigh…

Indigobloom

yikes, they certainly get into everything don’t they! I hope your laptop survived :)

Faith

Barely, she’s fascinated by it.

Indigobloom

oh dear, my sympathies to your lappy!!

This was lovely at work today. Juicy and sweet, but not overly so. I have enough left to make a jug of iced tea, so that’s my next experiment. But I think this is one to rebuy, I love a good juicy tea.

MaddHatter

Mines been sitting in my purse waiting to be sipped and savoured, I’m hoping it will be just what I need today. My poor sad soe throat.

Amariel

I think this would be good iced, but I also think it mint be good mixed with some mulled wine or maybe made into a syrup or something.

MaddHatter

Ooh Heather, I like your style

Thanks! :)

Amariel

Might also be good to poach pears in also.

I just had a tiny bit of this leftover in that sweetness sampler from Xmas, I dunno, don’t really have anything to say about it. It’s a boring tea, ngl.

I got a sample in a swap of this from The DJBooth so I’m testing it out and writing it up! Brewed, it smells very much like a sweet cranberry but you can almost feel the aroma of the bitterness in the berry too. I think that extra sweetness comes from the pear and apple pieces. My first sip…delightful! I was expecting more of a bitter black tea taste for some reason and my palate is filled with an almost creamy crisp fruitiness. I taste more of the pear and feel the aroma of the cranberry. There is no unwanted bitterness to this tea!

I am not a huge fruit tea drinker, but this may have made me more open minded, it tastes so festive and crisp. This is also my very first sip of any Davids Tea. I think once it cools down, as with most teas, the flavors will be even more apparent. But even freshly hot, I’m really appreciating the feel and flavors in this tea!

This tea is very Light and the cranberry is the star of the show! I always let mine steep for a longer time to pull the bright notes out, this was a very nice tea :) I must say as my tea cooled and became Cold tea the cranberry flavor got even brighter! this is defiantly a good Cold tea!!!

Day 1 of the 12 Days of Christmas exchange, from Ellyn! Didn’t get a chance to log this or Della Terra’s Figgy Pudding yesterday.

This is insanely good. I’ll have to place a DavidsTEA order in the future. This is the first tea I’ve tried from there, and needless to say I’m impressed. It’s delicious: tastes like something you’d buy from a bakery with pear and/or cranberry.

Roswell Strange

It’s very good as a latte or with just a touch of milk, just FYI ;) Really enhances the creaminess of the pear and tempers the tartness of the cranberry.

Khaleesical

Even better!

Picked up this tea because I wanted to spend $25 to get my free 50 grams of Quangzhou milk oolong. I had tried this before about a year ago when I started really getting into loose leaf tea. I quite enjoyed it back then, but not enough to pick more up right away. I thought it was time as nothing else was really calling to me at the store.

This tea tastes like bubblegum to me. I can’t say that I like it, but it’s not a bad tasting tea, just artificial. There was next to no tea in my small 12g bag so I had to use all 12 grams which I would normally get two cups worth out of. I would not purchase this again because it isn’t worth the extra money that this tea costs as it is weighed down with what looks to be about 95% fruit.

I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. The cranberry was definitely present but not overwhelming. I think this would be a perfect tea for the afternoon, when you don’t need quite as much of a punch. I think I’ll also try it with brown sugar!

Nummy Nummy Nummy, Soo good. Perfect for a picture of ice tea on a hot day, nice light flavours and sweet too!

Ok, so, I think my second steeping might have been on the mild side, probably due to the nature of this tea as it is not heavy on the leaves. Hot, I was meh on it, telling myself, it’s ok, but nothing to write home about, but I had a bath and came back to the rest of it, cold, and I think I can safely say, I like it better cold than hot. I think this would make a pretty cool iced tea. So while I don’t blatantly hate this tea, I don’t fantastically love it either. I feel pretty much the way jessie does. Tasty, but not astounding. I might get some more of this while it is arpund, but it isn’t going to be a staple in my cupboard. I still reserve judgement on a fresh steep without milk. Part of me is also wondering how this would be with some oolong. That could change things.