Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Apple, Cranberry, Cream, Pear, Vanilla, Creamy, Fruity, Apricot, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was Day#1 for 12 Days of Christmas Tea Swap 2013. Thanks Ellyn, it was packaged so professional looking! This is my first DavidsTea! It looked beautiful and smelled just as good as it looked. Black tea and the sweetness of the pear really stood out to me. I will have to try more of DavidsTea. They seem to have a lot of sweet teas, which are right up my alley.

This smells like cookies and tastes like cookies. The cranberry is the main event, it took me a few minutes to notice the pear. But there’s something very cookie-like about it. I really like this tea. It didn’t stand up to a second steep, it got weird and weak but I was expecting that from all the fruit pieces. I had been meaning to try this for a while so I’m glad I finally picked some up!

AH-MAZING. Tea is exactly like the description, sweet but subtle. Love it.

Boiling 8 min or more

This is really, really good. The pear makes it fruity, the cranberry keeps it from being too sweet. It’s lovely and autumnal and satisfying.

I am always leary of black teas, they usually end up too bitter for me, even if I only steep them for a short period of time but not this one. It was great – very fruity, a little tart but tasty just the same.

I bought this tea yesterday. I love it. It’s very sweet and it’s a good “fight” between cranberries and pears. I love cranberries so this tea is perfect. I’m not very much into pears but when pears is not the same principal ingredient, i like it! This tea smells wonderful too!

If you don’t like much black teas, you may like this one cause it doesn’t taste much as many others black teas. The blending of this tea is lovely too cause of the big cranberries (even if it’s more difficult to adjust your quantities in the teaspoon).

I drank it as a hot tea but next time i think i’ll try it as a iced tea, it’s probably fabulous!

Not enough cranberry. Tasting a subtle pear, but getting some kind of marshmallow taste. could use a lot more cranberry taste…just not living up to its name of ‘Cranberry Pear’.

Tea #2 of my scavenger hunt advent calendar!

Well, this tea has changed. Yes, it’s still darn good, but certainly not good as I once thought. Despite having big pieces of pear and cranberry, it just didn’t taste…fruity. It tasted artificial. And the black tea pieces were more like powdered black tea, not actual leaves. It was weird. And it looked like a whole lot of tea stems, not necessarily tea leaves. Also weird.

morebloodytea

Ewww sounds like the quality has been compromised

Jen M

I think it probably has more artificial flavourings than it used to. Or maybe added sweetner? I’m not sure. I still like it, but definitely not as much as I used to.

I picked up 10g of this about a month ago and waited about a week before I tried it. I was not a big fan of the smell in-store and that didnt change when I brought it home. I saw such high reviews of this tea but its really not for me. I know people who really love it and other who hate it so I think its one of those kind of teas…I will not be getting more of this.

As I start writing reviews, I find that I am woefully ignorant on discerning complex flavours and using proper terminology. I say this because the first thing I exclaimed (to myself) and promptly messaged ( to a friend) after drinking this tea was:

IT SMELLS LIKE HAPPY!

There you have it.
Fruity, lighter tasting with a candy/bubblegum scent, this is one of my favourite offerings from David’s Tea and always makes a great cup of pick-me-up.