Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Cranberry, Orange, Pastries, Pear, Creamy, Sweet, Tart, Apple, Fruity, Cream, Vanilla, Apricot
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought 100g of Cranberry Pear today, strictly based on the smell and the size of the cranberries. When I got home I made a cup of it and the taste blew my mind! It’s lightly sweet and super fresh. I will be sure to keep this one stocked up!

I’ve been meaning to review this tea for quite a while, along with the 30 other teas I have and haven’t reviewed yet. An argument could be made that I’m a bit of a procrastinator, but I’ll do that some other time (see I’ll even resort to really bad puns to put this review off). But I’m down to my last two teaspoons of this tea, and I prefer to review a tea while sipping it, so I’m kinda down to the wire.

My main problem with reviewing this tea is I didn’t really know what I thought of it. When I first smelled in the store I don’t know what type of mood I was in to decide to take it home with me, because it’s definitely not the type of sent/flavourful I generally go for. There’s an apple-y (from the pears), citrus-y (from the cranberries), vanilla scent to it. I can just assume the vanilla comes from the “natural flavourings” listed in the ingredients.
As an aside I just want to protest the constant use of “natural flavourings” by a lot of tea companies. While I understand they don’t legally have to list all the ingredients if they are under a certain percentage of the mix, for tea even a small amount of a spice makes a very big difference, tea companies should be aware of this, so their laziness is just inconsiderate.
When I first brewed this I didn’t like it very much, it has a distinct ‘Christmas-y’ taste to it that I usually associate with spices (that I really don’t like) like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves – those spices aren’t in here, but they’re equally associated with Christmas as whatever “natural flavours” are in this. The most prominent flavours are the pears (which do come across as apples), followed by vanilla, with bit of tang from the cranberries.
As much as I didn’t like this tea to begin with, it has grown on me. It’s a pretty light black tea, and actually pretty (wow do I ever need my thesaurus) smooth. It also has one of my favorite features in a tea, it allows me to be lazy (yep I am a hypocrite, I want to be lazy, but hate it when the tea stores are). I can just put a teaspoon of the leaves into my 16oz travel tea thermos and let them sit as long as it takes for me to drink it.
I probably won’t re-buy this one again instantly – my tea chest is getting a bit full, and I’m enjoying discovering new flavours. But I can totally see myself buying it again in the future. If I do buy it again I’ll be sure to ask the store associate to scoop around some of the fruit bits, I got a ton of cranberries this time which weight quite a bit, 60 grams of this looked more like 35 grams of Earl Grey.

I bought 50 g of this and the first time I had it, I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy more of it. Turns out, I actually really like this one. Perfect brewing time is 4 minutes if you don’t want it to taste too strong. Will be buying more of this one.

I thought I wouldn’t like this tea because it has apple in it. But I am delightfully surprised and happy I tried this tea! Cranberry Pear is delicious, has just the right amount of sweetness and brings me to a happier mood. I’m a sweet tooth person so this tea will come in handy for all the seasons, I drink it without adding cream/sugar, it doesn’t need it. I’m going back to Davids Tea to buy more today :)

I enjoyed this one more this cup. There’s was more pear and less cranberry and it lacked that off-putting airplane food pastry flavour that I got last time.

Flavors: Cranberry, Pear

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Fjellrev

“Airplane food pastry” is a very interesting comparison! I’ve never had any kind of desserts on a plane before but I can imagine that they must be lacking in quality haha.

faybingler

Haha, yeah. Kind of cold and dense and preservative-y.

I never would have been inspired to pick this up on my own, but after seeing lots of positive reviews on Steepster, I figured it was time to give it a try. I’m glad I did. This has the most distinctive cranberry flavour I’ve experienced in a tea yet, and the pear flavour is there, though less distinct than the cranberry. This has a lovely, sweet, creaminess to it as well, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I can see picking this one up again – it’s a tasty, easy drinker.

Flavors: Cranberry, Creamy, Pear, Sweet, Tart

Fjellrev

It took me way too long to try this too. Glad you also like this!

Fay

This isn’t one I would normally go for either, but the reviews are making me think I’ll give it a go on my next trip to DAVID’s.

I liked it iced too!

Roswell Strange

This is one of my most drank teas ever; and along with Blueberry Jam it’s my favourite DT blend of all time – so glad you liked it! It’s good iced as well; but it’s AMAZING as a latte!

It took me far too long to try this tea. Cranberry and pear in a tea. That’s bound to be a smashingly good match. I appreciate the big chunks of fruit in this blend.

While I don’t taste any cranberry, I get a creamy pear candy. More specifically, the flavour reminds me of Ahlgrens bilar candy. Oh man, I miss being able to get those anytime I wanted, whether it was when IKEA stocked them in Canada before switching to their house brand, or when I lived in Sweden and they were everywhere.

I also like drinking this one without any additives. I can see a French tea shoppe come out with a blend like this. It’s a fruit blend but without unnecessary sweeteners or fillers that can be found in many DAVIDs blends.

Starfevre

creamy pear candy? Onto the wish list it goes. :)

yyz

Sounds good.

DeliriumsFrogs

I’m with Starfevre! I need to find some of this candy you’re speaking of. :D

Maddy Barone

This is one of my favorites from David’s. And yes, that candy does sound good!

M

I also really enjoyed this one when I tried it a while back. Might have to buy some..

Fjellrev

We certainly don’t have enough pear-flavoured things in North America! I hope anyone considering trying this or the candy will enjoy them. :)

Fjellrev

Yep, that’s the one! That’s so freaking expensive though. IKEA used to sell them for under $3.

Maddy Barone

Yeah, with shipping and handling it comes out to over $13.00 for a quarter pound. It would be fun to try them, but not at that price!

Fjellrev

Haha seriously! I used to order from northerner.com, and see that they still carry them! That could be an option:

That’s a lot cheaper!!

Fjellrev

Yeah, shipping is really reasonable too. Too bad they don’t have as much as they used to, though. Over the years, they’ve shifted more towards specializing in snus. :/. But of what they have, I also recommend Marabou chocolate! :)

Damn, I should make an order. It’s been too long haha.

So my friend gave me the last of this tea, just enough for a sample. Mmm smells delicious and tastes pretty good too.

Im not a cranberry fan [jeeze I swear I’m one of the pickiest people when I think about how many times I say that in a review] HOWEVER I didn’t get too much cranberry taste, mainly apple and pear. In my books this was a yummy tea. Not something I will buy considering if I buy every tea I like, I’d never have enough room! Sadly my two cupboards of tea has overflowed onto the counter and I have a DT order, Teavana order and two swaps on the way.

Therefore if offered I would drink this again, just not going to purchase at this time being.

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Fruity, Pear, Sweet

This one is good, but it needs more pear, I think! DT does their apple teas well. but I think I’m in the ‘off’ stage in my on and off relationship with that particular flavour, LOL. Once I tire a little more of cinnamon teas, I reckon this one will make the rounds again.

I did it! I wrote THE END on the rough draft of the manuscript. 123,849 words long, which exceeds the publisher’s requirements by about 24,00 words. So clearly, I have a lot of revisions ahead of me. But I finished it! So I made a pot of Cranberry Pear to sit down with now. I am exhausted but unable to sleep. This tea is supposed to have low caffeine. It is as usual mild and sweet. This is certainly not the greatest tea in the world, but it remains a dependable favorite. It’s a “comfort tea”, like mashed potatoes and gravy are comfort food.

OMGsrsly

YAY!!! That is super awesome. :)

Ost

Awesome!! Woot! Woot!! high fives Not many people get to the end of things they are writing-so good job!! :D

Anlina

Yay! Congrats on finishing!

Maddy Barone

This is the 10th and last book in this series. I really love the world and the characters, but to be completely honest I am THRILLED to be done with it so I can move on to something else. Well, not actually done yet. I have my revisions to do, then edits. But close to done!

Maddy Barone

Crap! I meant to begin with a thank you! Seriously, thank you, everyone, for the well wishes!

donkeytiara

i just looked you up…are you the paranormal romance MB? There’s a lady at my work that reads that genre constantly, whilst I’ve never read a one…I’m just finishing The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay….are you a reader as well as a writer?

donkeytiara

(and I meant to say that you make this tea sound muse-like and delicious! I’m happy I live miles from a David’s or I’d be wandering in there asking for it!)

Maddy Barone

I don’t know what an MB is, but I love to read! I particularly enjoy sci fi and fantasy. Patricia Briggs just had a new book out that I devoured. I’ve been published with Liquid Silver Books since 2010, but I’m nobody famous. You could ask 100 readers if they’ve heard of me and not a one will have. But a few extra $$ a month helps buy tea, so it’s worth it.

donkey – yes that’s her lol www.MaddyBarone.com

you’re an MB, Maddy haha

Nicole

Congrats on finishing!

donkeytiara

I’ll look up Patricia Briggs… Recently read Blood Song by Anthony Ryan and devoured is a good word! Tea and books and cats….such a holy trilogy for me…