Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Apple, Cranberry, Cream, Pear, Vanilla, Creamy, Fruity, Apricot, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought 100g of Cranberry Pear today, strictly based on the smell and the size of the cranberries. When I got home I made a cup of it and the taste blew my mind! It’s lightly sweet and super fresh. I will be sure to keep this one stocked up!

I’ve been meaning to review this tea for quite a while, along with the 30 other teas I have and haven’t reviewed yet. An argument could be made that I’m a bit of a procrastinator, but I’ll do that some other time (see I’ll even resort to really bad puns to put this review off). But I’m down to my last two teaspoons of this tea, and I prefer to review a tea while sipping it, so I’m kinda down to the wire.

My main problem with reviewing this tea is I didn’t really know what I thought of it. When I first smelled in the store I don’t know what type of mood I was in to decide to take it home with me, because it’s definitely not the type of sent/flavourful I generally go for. There’s an apple-y (from the pears), citrus-y (from the cranberries), vanilla scent to it. I can just assume the vanilla comes from the “natural flavourings” listed in the ingredients.
As an aside I just want to protest the constant use of “natural flavourings” by a lot of tea companies. While I understand they don’t legally have to list all the ingredients if they are under a certain percentage of the mix, for tea even a small amount of a spice makes a very big difference, tea companies should be aware of this, so their laziness is just inconsiderate.
When I first brewed this I didn’t like it very much, it has a distinct ‘Christmas-y’ taste to it that I usually associate with spices (that I really don’t like) like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves – those spices aren’t in here, but they’re equally associated with Christmas as whatever “natural flavours” are in this. The most prominent flavours are the pears (which do come across as apples), followed by vanilla, with bit of tang from the cranberries.
As much as I didn’t like this tea to begin with, it has grown on me. It’s a pretty light black tea, and actually pretty (wow do I ever need my thesaurus) smooth. It also has one of my favorite features in a tea, it allows me to be lazy (yep I am a hypocrite, I want to be lazy, but hate it when the tea stores are). I can just put a teaspoon of the leaves into my 16oz travel tea thermos and let them sit as long as it takes for me to drink it.
I probably won’t re-buy this one again instantly – my tea chest is getting a bit full, and I’m enjoying discovering new flavours. But I can totally see myself buying it again in the future. If I do buy it again I’ll be sure to ask the store associate to scoop around some of the fruit bits, I got a ton of cranberries this time which weight quite a bit, 60 grams of this looked more like 35 grams of Earl Grey.

I bought 50 g of this and the first time I had it, I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy more of it. Turns out, I actually really like this one. Perfect brewing time is 4 minutes if you don’t want it to taste too strong. Will be buying more of this one.

I thought I wouldn’t like this tea because it has apple in it. But I am delightfully surprised and happy I tried this tea! Cranberry Pear is delicious, has just the right amount of sweetness and brings me to a happier mood. I’m a sweet tooth person so this tea will come in handy for all the seasons, I drink it without adding cream/sugar, it doesn’t need it. I’m going back to Davids Tea to buy more today :)

As of right now, this is my very favorite tea. Even someone who can’t taste much can enjoy this tea. It’s smooth, with a hint of sweetness. About two years ago, when I first started drinking tea, this is one that I bought at Polo Park in Winnipeg. I went through the first 50 grams pretty quickly, and then had to order 100 grams more. I drink it frequently in the evening. It is my go-to tea.

I’m having some late ish evenings here, so I’m not minding a full black in the evening.
This is it for the evening. I picked it up on a whim, and really like it, actually. Its so creamy, with a delicate fruitiness. I like it very much.
Way to go, impulse purchasing!
Its an excellent “evening black tea”, gentel and flavorful, not abrasive, and not the serious jolt of teas that one sometimes gets in a breakfast tea.
I like it a great deal. Good.

Well this is surprisingly delicious. Surprising because I don’t usually expect much out of David’s Tea (sorry David), and also because I have no idea how old this is. I got it a while back in a swap from someone, and it languished in a box on top of a bookshelf until yesterday when I was trying to find a different tea and found this.

So, it tastes mostly like vanilla and pear. And I’m loving that. Historically I haven’t been a big cranberry person. Maybe there’s a whisper of it in there. Maybe. This is really hitting the spot for me right now! Sadly, I’m one steeping away from sipping it down.

TeaBrat

I am not overly impressed with David’s either. Wishing for Harney and Sons to open a chain of stores :)

Marzipan

I love Harney teas, which is so interesting since they exist somewhere between supermarket bagged and high end. I love drinking them.

TeaBrat

me too… only a few bummers out there

Roswell Strange

I really enjoy this one; it’s very creamy!

donkeytiara

If David reads this thread, he’ll be depressed, because although I love his tea mugs, i also think the teas are “meh”.

I took a stroll down to David’s Tea after lunch to sample the tea of the day. Cranberry Pear. It was very smooth, almost creamy, with a fruity aroma. I liked it, but will probably not buy more. It might make a spectacular ice tea though.

Mmm, impulse buy! I went in to the shop today to get The Pumpkin Collection (which seems to have disappeared off the website, along with Pumpkin Cheesecake rooibos…hmm?), and today’s teas were Snickerdoodle and Craberry Pear. I sampled both, but fell in love with the Cranberry Pear! Sweet and fruity, but rich and creamy. It’s lovely and luscious and full of ripe autumn berry and pear flavours. I would definitely consider stocking some of this in the future, but since I was already going a bit over my budget, I settled for a to-go cup of it. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Cream, Pear, Vanilla

This was my pick today at David’s Teas, Cranberry Pear. To be honest I probably wouldn’t have been able to pick this tea’s name out of a list from its taste alone. It is sweet and fruity in a tangy, natural way, the particular sweetness of the apple pieces being the most forward. The pear is there, but mingles so well with the apple is get a little muddled. Although I think the pear is to thank for the gentle, almost-cream finish to this flavor. I was surprised to learn this was a black tea blend, because the color is yellow and the flavor very sweet and juicy. It is marked as low caffeine so the black tea but be at a low percentage. The cranberries are a bit of a mystery. I imagine cranberries as the super tart part of my thanksgiving or the punch in the mouth of cranberry juice. In this blend, I wouldn’t have even noticed there were cranberries, however knowing they are there, I imagine that the tart depth to the fruit come from the cranberries. If that’s the case, I’m glad they are in the mix. David’s Teas tend to be a bit sweet for my tastes, and this tastes more like fruit and less like candy. Having a touch of black tea in the mix adds other notes to the fruity herbals and makes for a better balance.

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Fruity, Pear