Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Apple, Cranberry, Fruity, Pear, Sweet, Cream, Vanilla, Creamy, Apricot
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought 100g of Cranberry Pear today, strictly based on the smell and the size of the cranberries. When I got home I made a cup of it and the taste blew my mind! It’s lightly sweet and super fresh. I will be sure to keep this one stocked up!

I’ve been meaning to review this tea for quite a while, along with the 30 other teas I have and haven’t reviewed yet. An argument could be made that I’m a bit of a procrastinator, but I’ll do that some other time (see I’ll even resort to really bad puns to put this review off). But I’m down to my last two teaspoons of this tea, and I prefer to review a tea while sipping it, so I’m kinda down to the wire.

My main problem with reviewing this tea is I didn’t really know what I thought of it. When I first smelled in the store I don’t know what type of mood I was in to decide to take it home with me, because it’s definitely not the type of sent/flavourful I generally go for. There’s an apple-y (from the pears), citrus-y (from the cranberries), vanilla scent to it. I can just assume the vanilla comes from the “natural flavourings” listed in the ingredients.
As an aside I just want to protest the constant use of “natural flavourings” by a lot of tea companies. While I understand they don’t legally have to list all the ingredients if they are under a certain percentage of the mix, for tea even a small amount of a spice makes a very big difference, tea companies should be aware of this, so their laziness is just inconsiderate.
When I first brewed this I didn’t like it very much, it has a distinct ‘Christmas-y’ taste to it that I usually associate with spices (that I really don’t like) like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves – those spices aren’t in here, but they’re equally associated with Christmas as whatever “natural flavours” are in this. The most prominent flavours are the pears (which do come across as apples), followed by vanilla, with bit of tang from the cranberries.
As much as I didn’t like this tea to begin with, it has grown on me. It’s a pretty light black tea, and actually pretty (wow do I ever need my thesaurus) smooth. It also has one of my favorite features in a tea, it allows me to be lazy (yep I am a hypocrite, I want to be lazy, but hate it when the tea stores are). I can just put a teaspoon of the leaves into my 16oz travel tea thermos and let them sit as long as it takes for me to drink it.
I probably won’t re-buy this one again instantly – my tea chest is getting a bit full, and I’m enjoying discovering new flavours. But I can totally see myself buying it again in the future. If I do buy it again I’ll be sure to ask the store associate to scoop around some of the fruit bits, I got a ton of cranberries this time which weight quite a bit, 60 grams of this looked more like 35 grams of Earl Grey.

I bought 50 g of this and the first time I had it, I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy more of it. Turns out, I actually really like this one. Perfect brewing time is 4 minutes if you don’t want it to taste too strong. Will be buying more of this one.

I thought I wouldn’t like this tea because it has apple in it. But I am delightfully surprised and happy I tried this tea! Cranberry Pear is delicious, has just the right amount of sweetness and brings me to a happier mood. I’m a sweet tooth person so this tea will come in handy for all the seasons, I drink it without adding cream/sugar, it doesn’t need it. I’m going back to Davids Tea to buy more today :)

So my friend gave me the last of this tea, just enough for a sample. Mmm smells delicious and tastes pretty good too.

Im not a cranberry fan [jeeze I swear I’m one of the pickiest people when I think about how many times I say that in a review] HOWEVER I didn’t get too much cranberry taste, mainly apple and pear. In my books this was a yummy tea. Not something I will buy considering if I buy every tea I like, I’d never have enough room! Sadly my two cupboards of tea has overflowed onto the counter and I have a DT order, Teavana order and two swaps on the way.

Therefore if offered I would drink this again, just not going to purchase at this time being.

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Fruity, Pear, Sweet

This one is good, but it needs more pear, I think! DT does their apple teas well. but I think I’m in the ‘off’ stage in my on and off relationship with that particular flavour, LOL. Once I tire a little more of cinnamon teas, I reckon this one will make the rounds again.

I’m still feeling a bit cold, and I’m dying for a Mountain Dew, so I reached for an old favorite this afternoon. I like this one so much better than the Ginger Pear tea. I ought to like the Ginger Pear, because I love pears, and I love ginger. But, there you go. Since I’ve been drinking soda pop and eating girl scout cookies for the past week I gained a pound. So, strictly back to tea.

Fjellrev

I literally just wrote this down on a list of DT ones I wanted to grab later today! Good to know. I also really like Ginger Pear so now I’m really curious. :)

Maddy Barone

I have a sentimental attachment to Cranberry Pear, since it was the first loose leaf tea I tried. Every year friends from Winnipeg gift me 100 grams of it. Since I like it so well it’s not a hardship to drink it up.:)

A sipdown! I figured I should have one.
I surprised myself by how much I liked this, but it was very good indeed. I think there will be a time when its welcomed back into my cupboard with open arms, but I’ve got a lot of sipping down to do first.

Well this is surprisingly delicious. Surprising because I don’t usually expect much out of David’s Tea (sorry David), and also because I have no idea how old this is. I got it a while back in a swap from someone, and it languished in a box on top of a bookshelf until yesterday when I was trying to find a different tea and found this.

So, it tastes mostly like vanilla and pear. And I’m loving that. Historically I haven’t been a big cranberry person. Maybe there’s a whisper of it in there. Maybe. This is really hitting the spot for me right now! Sadly, I’m one steeping away from sipping it down.

TeaBrat

I am not overly impressed with David’s either. Wishing for Harney and Sons to open a chain of stores :)

Marzipan

I love Harney teas, which is so interesting since they exist somewhere between supermarket bagged and high end. I love drinking them.

TeaBrat

me too… only a few bummers out there

Roswell Strange

I really enjoy this one; it’s very creamy!

donkeytiara

If David reads this thread, he’ll be depressed, because although I love his tea mugs, i also think the teas are “meh”.

I took a stroll down to David’s Tea after lunch to sample the tea of the day. Cranberry Pear. It was very smooth, almost creamy, with a fruity aroma. I liked it, but will probably not buy more. It might make a spectacular ice tea though.