Cranberry Pear

Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

As I start writing reviews, I find that I am woefully ignorant on discerning complex flavours and using proper terminology. I say this because the first thing I exclaimed (to myself) and promptly messaged ( to a friend) after drinking this tea was:

IT SMELLS LIKE HAPPY!

There you have it.
Fruity, lighter tasting with a candy/bubblegum scent, this is one of my favourite offerings from David’s Tea and always makes a great cup of pick-me-up.

I bought 100g of Cranberry Pear today, strictly based on the smell and the size of the cranberries. When I got home I made a cup of it and the taste blew my mind! It’s lightly sweet and super fresh. I will be sure to keep this one stocked up!

I’ve been meaning to review this tea for quite a while, along with the 30 other teas I have and haven’t reviewed yet. An argument could be made that I’m a bit of a procrastinator, but I’ll do that some other time (see I’ll even resort to really bad puns to put this review off). But I’m down to my last two teaspoons of this tea, and I prefer to review a tea while sipping it, so I’m kinda down to the wire.

My main problem with reviewing this tea is I didn’t really know what I thought of it. When I first smelled in the store I don’t know what type of mood I was in to decide to take it home with me, because it’s definitely not the type of sent/flavourful I generally go for. There’s an apple-y (from the pears), citrus-y (from the cranberries), vanilla scent to it. I can just assume the vanilla comes from the “natural flavourings” listed in the ingredients.
As an aside I just want to protest the constant use of “natural flavourings” by a lot of tea companies. While I understand they don’t legally have to list all the ingredients if they are under a certain percentage of the mix, for tea even a small amount of a spice makes a very big difference, tea companies should be aware of this, so their laziness is just inconsiderate.
When I first brewed this I didn’t like it very much, it has a distinct ‘Christmas-y’ taste to it that I usually associate with spices (that I really don’t like) like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves – those spices aren’t in here, but they’re equally associated with Christmas as whatever “natural flavours” are in this. The most prominent flavours are the pears (which do come across as apples), followed by vanilla, with bit of tang from the cranberries.
As much as I didn’t like this tea to begin with, it has grown on me. It’s a pretty light black tea, and actually pretty (wow do I ever need my thesaurus) smooth. It also has one of my favorite features in a tea, it allows me to be lazy (yep I am a hypocrite, I want to be lazy, but hate it when the tea stores are). I can just put a teaspoon of the leaves into my 16oz travel tea thermos and let them sit as long as it takes for me to drink it.
I probably won’t re-buy this one again instantly – my tea chest is getting a bit full, and I’m enjoying discovering new flavours. But I can totally see myself buying it again in the future. If I do buy it again I’ll be sure to ask the store associate to scoop around some of the fruit bits, I got a ton of cranberries this time which weight quite a bit, 60 grams of this looked more like 35 grams of Earl Grey.

I bought 50 g of this and the first time I had it, I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy more of it. Turns out, I actually really like this one. Perfect brewing time is 4 minutes if you don’t want it to taste too strong. Will be buying more of this one.

I thought I wouldn’t like this tea because it has apple in it. But I am delightfully surprised and happy I tried this tea! Cranberry Pear is delicious, has just the right amount of sweetness and brings me to a happier mood. I’m a sweet tooth person so this tea will come in handy for all the seasons, I drink it without adding cream/sugar, it doesn’t need it. I’m going back to Davids Tea to buy more today :)

This is one of the teas I got in the Sweet Indulgence sampler pack almost a year ago. The little tin has been bouncing around my tea cupboard for months, waiting to be polished off and I finally took pity on it last night.

I loved this the first time I had it. I had very little experience with black teas that weren’t bitter or astringent, so I found this one deliciously sweet. It’s still sweet, and tastes candied. I’m not sure I would describe it as “cranberry pear” but it’s definitely candied fruit of some kind.

Doubtful I’ll restock this one, but another cup wouldn’t be bad. Also: yay for clearing a tea out of the cupboard; more room for new ones now!

Flavors: Apricot

190 °F / 87 °C 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

(Note: app gave me a submission failure.)

Right. The app hasn’t been updated. Still turns on push notifications whenever opened (have to remember to turn them off!) and still rates every tea as 0. Haha. :)

Anyways. I bought the tentacle Nordic mug with ORANGE interior. Tried Pom tango (nice and fruity!) asked if they knew about the ‘minty’ in the cucumber tea – they didn’t. I’ll have to email the company I think.

I was going to get the whales Nordic mug too but BFF dropped her steeper so I got her one of those instead!

Anyway, this tea. It’s ok. A little creamy, definitely fruity. More like pear jelly beans, so somewhat overripe. But drinkable. I wouldn’t buy this one, but I don’t care for pear! I had kinda hoped that the cranberry would come out more. Oh well. :) I will enjoy the infusion of warm, fruity caffeine.

Next up: X-rays and a ct scan. Whee!

keychange

Good luck. I hope they find answers!

OMGsrsly

I know what’s wrong – protruding disc, which sounds terrible. :) I fell at work yesterday which has made things worse, so now I have a WCB claim to fill out. So frustrating.

Courtney

Woot, new mug!

OMGsrsly

Yay new mug! But I am still really unimpressed with the quality. I checked it in-store and the design was fine, but all I did was wash it with a soft cloth and make tea, and there’s a scratch in one of the tentacles already. UGH.

I agree with the “bubble gum” scent of this tea. I didn’t so much taste a ton of cranberry, nor pear. It was just kind of a jumbled fruit mess, which I found tasted quite nice. I don’t know that I’d necessarily buy this tea, but I’d happily drink it if offered.

This tea is literally, cranberries and pear pieces. That’s just about all there is. There’s more of that in here than actual black tea. It took me quite a few shakes (of the tin) to even find the tea!

Anyways, this is a really amazing tea. The cranberry compliments the black tea base perfectly. The pear and apple pieces add just the right amount of sweetness without being tangy. All that together makes a gorgeous, smooth and rich tea.

Just be careful when you steep this one, it will become bitter if you oversteep it!

This tastes like a fruity crumbly, pieish tart. (I know, but if you try the tea you’ll know what I’m talking about. This is what I hoped mom’s apple pie would taste like in terms of a pastry note. Moms apple pie was too much apple not enough pie? This is like the right amount of fruit and pastry. Even though there isn’t anything in here that would lead u to believe that it would taste this way. I’m drinking it with a little milk and brown sugar just to help with tartness since I usually hate that in my tea. This goes great with some trail mix for a snack. Love love love