Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Pear, Vanilla, Cranberry, Fruity, Orange, Pastries, Creamy, Sweet, Tart, Apple, Cream, Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought 100g of Cranberry Pear today, strictly based on the smell and the size of the cranberries. When I got home I made a cup of it and the taste blew my mind! It’s lightly sweet and super fresh. I will be sure to keep this one stocked up!

I’ve been meaning to review this tea for quite a while, along with the 30 other teas I have and haven’t reviewed yet. An argument could be made that I’m a bit of a procrastinator, but I’ll do that some other time (see I’ll even resort to really bad puns to put this review off). But I’m down to my last two teaspoons of this tea, and I prefer to review a tea while sipping it, so I’m kinda down to the wire.

My main problem with reviewing this tea is I didn’t really know what I thought of it. When I first smelled in the store I don’t know what type of mood I was in to decide to take it home with me, because it’s definitely not the type of sent/flavourful I generally go for. There’s an apple-y (from the pears), citrus-y (from the cranberries), vanilla scent to it. I can just assume the vanilla comes from the “natural flavourings” listed in the ingredients.
As an aside I just want to protest the constant use of “natural flavourings” by a lot of tea companies. While I understand they don’t legally have to list all the ingredients if they are under a certain percentage of the mix, for tea even a small amount of a spice makes a very big difference, tea companies should be aware of this, so their laziness is just inconsiderate.
When I first brewed this I didn’t like it very much, it has a distinct ‘Christmas-y’ taste to it that I usually associate with spices (that I really don’t like) like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves – those spices aren’t in here, but they’re equally associated with Christmas as whatever “natural flavours” are in this. The most prominent flavours are the pears (which do come across as apples), followed by vanilla, with bit of tang from the cranberries.
As much as I didn’t like this tea to begin with, it has grown on me. It’s a pretty light black tea, and actually pretty (wow do I ever need my thesaurus) smooth. It also has one of my favorite features in a tea, it allows me to be lazy (yep I am a hypocrite, I want to be lazy, but hate it when the tea stores are). I can just put a teaspoon of the leaves into my 16oz travel tea thermos and let them sit as long as it takes for me to drink it.
I probably won’t re-buy this one again instantly – my tea chest is getting a bit full, and I’m enjoying discovering new flavours. But I can totally see myself buying it again in the future. If I do buy it again I’ll be sure to ask the store associate to scoop around some of the fruit bits, I got a ton of cranberries this time which weight quite a bit, 60 grams of this looked more like 35 grams of Earl Grey.

I bought 50 g of this and the first time I had it, I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy more of it. Turns out, I actually really like this one. Perfect brewing time is 4 minutes if you don’t want it to taste too strong. Will be buying more of this one.

I thought I wouldn’t like this tea because it has apple in it. But I am delightfully surprised and happy I tried this tea! Cranberry Pear is delicious, has just the right amount of sweetness and brings me to a happier mood. I’m a sweet tooth person so this tea will come in handy for all the seasons, I drink it without adding cream/sugar, it doesn’t need it. I’m going back to Davids Tea to buy more today :)

I liked this one. Taste a lot more like pear than cranberry, it’s sweet but not so much.

I find myself having to breathe out through my nose in order to actually taste anything. It has an oddly sweet, vanilla-type flavour that pairs in an almost sickly way with the light pear notes. I think it could be pleasant to drink while surrounded by piles of shortbread cookies, but otherwise it gives the feeling of overindulging in an entire plate of desserts.

Flavors: Pear, Vanilla

I love flavored blacks, and aside from some grocery store bought teas that are rather tasty, this is the best black that I’ve been able to find. It surprised me that I liked pear flavor! I didn’t think I would. This is the tea I drink when I want to be ultra soothed, and can handle the caffeine – even though the caffeine is supposed to be low on this one.

Love having this tea iced, it’s surprisingly light and refreshing for a black tea. At first, it sounds like an odd combination, seeing as cranberries are generally tart, but it’s a surprisingly good combination and sweeter as opposed to tart.

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Pear

I enjoyed this one more this cup. There’s was more pear and less cranberry and it lacked that off-putting airplane food pastry flavour that I got last time.

Flavors: Cranberry, Pear

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

“Airplane food pastry” is a very interesting comparison! I’ve never had any kind of desserts on a plane before but I can imagine that they must be lacking in quality haha.

Haha, yeah. Kind of cold and dense and preservative-y.

I never would have been inspired to pick this up on my own, but after seeing lots of positive reviews on Steepster, I figured it was time to give it a try. I’m glad I did. This has the most distinctive cranberry flavour I’ve experienced in a tea yet, and the pear flavour is there, though less distinct than the cranberry. This has a lovely, sweet, creaminess to it as well, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I can see picking this one up again – it’s a tasty, easy drinker.

Flavors: Cranberry, Creamy, Pear, Sweet, Tart

It took me way too long to try this too. Glad you also like this!

This isn’t one I would normally go for either, but the reviews are making me think I’ll give it a go on my next trip to DAVID’s.

Maddy Barone

I liked it iced too!

Roswell Strange

This is one of my most drank teas ever; and along with Blueberry Jam it’s my favourite DT blend of all time – so glad you liked it! It’s good iced as well; but it’s AMAZING as a latte!