Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Cranberry, Pear, Floral, Sweet, Tart, Vanilla, Fruity, Orange, Pastries, Creamy, Apple, Cream, Apricot
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love flavored blacks, and aside from some grocery store bought teas that are rather tasty, this is the best black that I’ve been able to find. It surprised me that I liked pear flavor! I didn’t think I would. This is the tea I drink when I want to be ultra soothed, and can handle the caffeine – even though the caffeine is supposed to be low on this one.

Love having this tea iced, it’s surprisingly light and refreshing for a black tea. At first, it sounds like an odd combination, seeing as cranberries are generally tart, but it’s a surprisingly good combination and sweeter as opposed to tart.

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Pear

Iced

I enjoyed this one more this cup. There’s was more pear and less cranberry and it lacked that off-putting airplane food pastry flavour that I got last time.

Flavors: Cranberry, Pear

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
Fjellrev

“Airplane food pastry” is a very interesting comparison! I’ve never had any kind of desserts on a plane before but I can imagine that they must be lacking in quality haha.

Fay

Haha, yeah. Kind of cold and dense and preservative-y.

I never would have been inspired to pick this up on my own, but after seeing lots of positive reviews on Steepster, I figured it was time to give it a try. I’m glad I did. This has the most distinctive cranberry flavour I’ve experienced in a tea yet, and the pear flavour is there, though less distinct than the cranberry. This has a lovely, sweet, creaminess to it as well, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I can see picking this one up again – it’s a tasty, easy drinker.

Flavors: Cranberry, Creamy, Pear, Sweet, Tart

Fjellrev

It took me way too long to try this too. Glad you also like this!

Fay

This isn’t one I would normally go for either, but the reviews are making me think I’ll give it a go on my next trip to DAVID’s.

I liked it iced too!

Roswell Strange

This is one of my most drank teas ever; and along with Blueberry Jam it’s my favourite DT blend of all time – so glad you liked it! It’s good iced as well; but it’s AMAZING as a latte!

It took me far too long to try this tea. Cranberry and pear in a tea. That’s bound to be a smashingly good match. I appreciate the big chunks of fruit in this blend.

While I don’t taste any cranberry, I get a creamy pear candy. More specifically, the flavour reminds me of Ahlgrens bilar candy. Oh man, I miss being able to get those anytime I wanted, whether it was when IKEA stocked them in Canada before switching to their house brand, or when I lived in Sweden and they were everywhere.

I also like drinking this one without any additives. I can see a French tea shoppe come out with a blend like this. It’s a fruit blend but without unnecessary sweeteners or fillers that can be found in many DAVIDs blends.

Starfevre

creamy pear candy? Onto the wish list it goes. :)

yyz

Sounds good.

DeliriumsFrogs

I’m with Starfevre! I need to find some of this candy you’re speaking of. :D

Maddy Barone

This is one of my favorites from David’s. And yes, that candy does sound good!

M

I also really enjoyed this one when I tried it a while back. Might have to buy some..

Fjellrev

We certainly don’t have enough pear-flavoured things in North America! I hope anyone considering trying this or the candy will enjoy them. :)

Fjellrev

Yep, that’s the one! That’s so freaking expensive though. IKEA used to sell them for under $3.

Maddy Barone

Yeah, with shipping and handling it comes out to over $13.00 for a quarter pound. It would be fun to try them, but not at that price!

Fjellrev

Haha seriously! I used to order from northerner.com, and see that they still carry them! That could be an option:

That’s a lot cheaper!!

Fjellrev

Yeah, shipping is really reasonable too. Too bad they don’t have as much as they used to, though. Over the years, they’ve shifted more towards specializing in snus. :/. But of what they have, I also recommend Marabou chocolate! :)

Damn, I should make an order. It’s been too long haha.

So my friend gave me the last of this tea, just enough for a sample. Mmm smells delicious and tastes pretty good too.

Im not a cranberry fan [jeeze I swear I’m one of the pickiest people when I think about how many times I say that in a review] HOWEVER I didn’t get too much cranberry taste, mainly apple and pear. In my books this was a yummy tea. Not something I will buy considering if I buy every tea I like, I’d never have enough room! Sadly my two cupboards of tea has overflowed onto the counter and I have a DT order, Teavana order and two swaps on the way.

Therefore if offered I would drink this again, just not going to purchase at this time being.

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Fruity, Pear, Sweet

This one is good, but it needs more pear, I think! DT does their apple teas well. but I think I’m in the ‘off’ stage in my on and off relationship with that particular flavour, LOL. Once I tire a little more of cinnamon teas, I reckon this one will make the rounds again.

I did it! I wrote THE END on the rough draft of the manuscript. 123,849 words long, which exceeds the publisher’s requirements by about 24,00 words. So clearly, I have a lot of revisions ahead of me. But I finished it! So I made a pot of Cranberry Pear to sit down with now. I am exhausted but unable to sleep. This tea is supposed to have low caffeine. It is as usual mild and sweet. This is certainly not the greatest tea in the world, but it remains a dependable favorite. It’s a “comfort tea”, like mashed potatoes and gravy are comfort food.

OMGsrsly

YAY!!! That is super awesome. :)

Ost

Awesome!! Woot! Woot!! high fives Not many people get to the end of things they are writing-so good job!! :D

Anlina

Yay! Congrats on finishing!

Maddy Barone

This is the 10th and last book in this series. I really love the world and the characters, but to be completely honest I am THRILLED to be done with it so I can move on to something else. Well, not actually done yet. I have my revisions to do, then edits. But close to done!

Maddy Barone

Crap! I meant to begin with a thank you! Seriously, thank you, everyone, for the well wishes!

donkeyteaarrrraugh

i just looked you up…are you the paranormal romance MB? There’s a lady at my work that reads that genre constantly, whilst I’ve never read a one…I’m just finishing The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay….are you a reader as well as a writer?

donkeyteaarrrraugh

(and I meant to say that you make this tea sound muse-like and delicious! I’m happy I live miles from a David’s or I’d be wandering in there asking for it!)

Maddy Barone

I don’t know what an MB is, but I love to read! I particularly enjoy sci fi and fantasy. Patricia Briggs just had a new book out that I devoured. I’ve been published with Liquid Silver Books since 2010, but I’m nobody famous. You could ask 100 readers if they’ve heard of me and not a one will have. But a few extra $$ a month helps buy tea, so it’s worth it.

donkey – yes that’s her lol www.MaddyBarone.com

you’re an MB, Maddy haha

Nicole

Congrats on finishing!

donkeyteaarrrraugh

I’ll look up Patricia Briggs… Recently read Blood Song by Anthony Ryan and devoured is a good word! Tea and books and cats….such a holy trilogy for me…

A sipdown! I figured I should have one.
I surprised myself by how much I liked this, but it was very good indeed. I think there will be a time when its welcomed back into my cupboard with open arms, but I’ve got a lot of sipping down to do first.

Well this is surprisingly delicious. Surprising because I don’t usually expect much out of David’s Tea (sorry David), and also because I have no idea how old this is. I got it a while back in a swap from someone, and it languished in a box on top of a bookshelf until yesterday when I was trying to find a different tea and found this.

So, it tastes mostly like vanilla and pear. And I’m loving that. Historically I haven’t been a big cranberry person. Maybe there’s a whisper of it in there. Maybe. This is really hitting the spot for me right now! Sadly, I’m one steeping away from sipping it down.

TeaBrat

I am not overly impressed with David’s either. Wishing for Harney and Sons to open a chain of stores :)

Marzipan

I love Harney teas, which is so interesting since they exist somewhere between supermarket bagged and high end. I love drinking them.

TeaBrat

me too… only a few bummers out there

Roswell Strange

I really enjoy this one; it’s very creamy!

donkeyteaarrrraugh

If David reads this thread, he’ll be depressed, because although I love his tea mugs, i also think the teas are “meh”.