Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Cranberry, Fruity, Pear, Orange, Pastries, Creamy, Sweet, Tart, Apple, Cream, Vanilla, Apricot
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I did it! I wrote THE END on the rough draft of the manuscript. 123,849 words long, which exceeds the publisher’s requirements by about 24,00 words. So clearly, I have a lot of revisions ahead of me. But I finished it! So I made a pot of Cranberry Pear to sit down with now. I am exhausted but unable to sleep. This tea is supposed to have low caffeine. It is as usual mild and sweet. This is certainly not the greatest tea in the world, but it remains a dependable favorite. It’s a “comfort tea”, like mashed potatoes and gravy are comfort food.

OMGsrsly

YAY!!! That is super awesome. :)

Ost

Awesome!! Woot! Woot!! high fives Not many people get to the end of things they are writing-so good job!! :D

Anlina

Yay! Congrats on finishing!

Maddy Barone

This is the 10th and last book in this series. I really love the world and the characters, but to be completely honest I am THRILLED to be done with it so I can move on to something else. Well, not actually done yet. I have my revisions to do, then edits. But close to done!

Maddy Barone

Crap! I meant to begin with a thank you! Seriously, thank you, everyone, for the well wishes!

donkeytiara

i just looked you up…are you the paranormal romance MB? There’s a lady at my work that reads that genre constantly, whilst I’ve never read a one…I’m just finishing The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay….are you a reader as well as a writer?

donkeytiara

(and I meant to say that you make this tea sound muse-like and delicious! I’m happy I live miles from a David’s or I’d be wandering in there asking for it!)

Maddy Barone

I don’t know what an MB is, but I love to read! I particularly enjoy sci fi and fantasy. Patricia Briggs just had a new book out that I devoured. I’ve been published with Liquid Silver Books since 2010, but I’m nobody famous. You could ask 100 readers if they’ve heard of me and not a one will have. But a few extra $$ a month helps buy tea, so it’s worth it.

donkey – yes that’s her lol www.MaddyBarone.com

you’re an MB, Maddy haha

Nicole

Congrats on finishing!

donkeytiara

I’ll look up Patricia Briggs… Recently read Blood Song by Anthony Ryan and devoured is a good word! Tea and books and cats….such a holy trilogy for me…

A sipdown! I figured I should have one.
I surprised myself by how much I liked this, but it was very good indeed. I think there will be a time when its welcomed back into my cupboard with open arms, but I’ve got a lot of sipping down to do first.

Well this is surprisingly delicious. Surprising because I don’t usually expect much out of David’s Tea (sorry David), and also because I have no idea how old this is. I got it a while back in a swap from someone, and it languished in a box on top of a bookshelf until yesterday when I was trying to find a different tea and found this.

So, it tastes mostly like vanilla and pear. And I’m loving that. Historically I haven’t been a big cranberry person. Maybe there’s a whisper of it in there. Maybe. This is really hitting the spot for me right now! Sadly, I’m one steeping away from sipping it down.

TeaBrat

I am not overly impressed with David’s either. Wishing for Harney and Sons to open a chain of stores :)

Marzipan

I love Harney teas, which is so interesting since they exist somewhere between supermarket bagged and high end. I love drinking them.

TeaBrat

me too… only a few bummers out there

Roswell Strange

I really enjoy this one; it’s very creamy!

donkeytiara

If David reads this thread, he’ll be depressed, because although I love his tea mugs, i also think the teas are “meh”.

I took a stroll down to David’s Tea after lunch to sample the tea of the day. Cranberry Pear. It was very smooth, almost creamy, with a fruity aroma. I liked it, but will probably not buy more. It might make a spectacular ice tea though.

Mmm, impulse buy! I went in to the shop today to get The Pumpkin Collection (which seems to have disappeared off the website, along with Pumpkin Cheesecake rooibos…hmm?), and today’s teas were Snickerdoodle and Craberry Pear. I sampled both, but fell in love with the Cranberry Pear! Sweet and fruity, but rich and creamy. It’s lovely and luscious and full of ripe autumn berry and pear flavours. I would definitely consider stocking some of this in the future, but since I was already going a bit over my budget, I settled for a to-go cup of it. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Cream, Pear, Vanilla

This was my pick today at David’s Teas, Cranberry Pear. To be honest I probably wouldn’t have been able to pick this tea’s name out of a list from its taste alone. It is sweet and fruity in a tangy, natural way, the particular sweetness of the apple pieces being the most forward. The pear is there, but mingles so well with the apple is get a little muddled. Although I think the pear is to thank for the gentle, almost-cream finish to this flavor. I was surprised to learn this was a black tea blend, because the color is yellow and the flavor very sweet and juicy. It is marked as low caffeine so the black tea but be at a low percentage. The cranberries are a bit of a mystery. I imagine cranberries as the super tart part of my thanksgiving or the punch in the mouth of cranberry juice. In this blend, I wouldn’t have even noticed there were cranberries, however knowing they are there, I imagine that the tart depth to the fruit come from the cranberries. If that’s the case, I’m glad they are in the mix. David’s Teas tend to be a bit sweet for my tastes, and this tastes more like fruit and less like candy. Having a touch of black tea in the mix adds other notes to the fruity herbals and makes for a better balance.

Flavors: Apple, Creamy, Fruity, Pear

No tartness. That really is my only complaint. I feel that the cranberry-ness is very subtle. I mainly get a slight fruitness and some vanilla. This tea didn’t win me over or leave a huge impression, so I won’t be buying it again.

Flavors: Fruity, Vanilla

I figured I should get into the samples I got from DavidsTea a few months ago, especially since I’m working on trying to get my cupboard under control.
Smells like fruity cranberry pear in the bag. Measuring it out wasn’t that bad either considering the big chunks of fruit mixed in.
Brewed I get a nice sweet cranberry sort of smell with something vaguely pear-like lurking about in the background.
Tastewise it’s, well, cranberry pear. More cranberry than pear and not curl your toes sort of tart. Unfortunately I’m apparently mildly allergic to (probly) the pear in this tea since I’m having a mild reaction to it. /sigh/ Well, I thought that might happen, but I figured it was worth taking the risk. Bummer since with a bit of sweetener, this might really be good, especially iced I have a feeling.

Blerrrgh! This is sooo tart. Leaves a bitter taste on the roof of my mouth.

Smells divine, but isn’t nearly as sweet as the scent implies. It’s one that I feel actually could have benefitted from some sweetener!

I have enough left for one more cup, but I may just add it to the swap pile instead.

And I actually really enjoy cranberry juice, much more than this!

This is one of the teas I got in the Sweet Indulgence sampler pack almost a year ago. The little tin has been bouncing around my tea cupboard for months, waiting to be polished off and I finally took pity on it last night.

I loved this the first time I had it. I had very little experience with black teas that weren’t bitter or astringent, so I found this one deliciously sweet. It’s still sweet, and tastes candied. I’m not sure I would describe it as “cranberry pear” but it’s definitely candied fruit of some kind.

Doubtful I’ll restock this one, but another cup wouldn’t be bad. Also: yay for clearing a tea out of the cupboard; more room for new ones now!

Flavors: Apricot