Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Artificial, Cranberry, Biting, Pear, Vanilla, Floral, Sweet, Tart, Fruity, Orange, Pastries, Creamy, Apple, Cream, Apricot
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I must admit, i wasn’t a fan at first. As others have mentioned, the tea base itself is a bit on the weak side. Preferring more tea flavor and less fruitiness I almost put this one away.

Glad I didn’t though, i’m actually really enjoying it. May experiment with adding a stronger tea to create a blend of sorts. Either way, i’m giving it a solid 85.

I liked this one. Taste a lot more like pear than cranberry, it’s sweet but not so much.

I find myself having to breathe out through my nose in order to actually taste anything. It has an oddly sweet, vanilla-type flavour that pairs in an almost sickly way with the light pear notes. I think it could be pleasant to drink while surrounded by piles of shortbread cookies, but otherwise it gives the feeling of overindulging in an entire plate of desserts.

Flavors: Pear, Vanilla

I love flavored blacks, and aside from some grocery store bought teas that are rather tasty, this is the best black that I’ve been able to find. It surprised me that I liked pear flavor! I didn’t think I would. This is the tea I drink when I want to be ultra soothed, and can handle the caffeine – even though the caffeine is supposed to be low on this one.

Love having this tea iced, it’s surprisingly light and refreshing for a black tea. At first, it sounds like an odd combination, seeing as cranberries are generally tart, but it’s a surprisingly good combination and sweeter as opposed to tart.

Flavors: Cranberry, Fruity, Pear

Iced

Added all of half a teaspoon more leaf that I usually would (3 vs. 2.5) and this way a lot better. Really heavy on the cranberry and a little lacking on the pear; it kind of reminded me of a less tart cranberry orange muffin. Still A LOT better than I’ve found it in the past. I’ll boost it a few points.

I never would have been inspired to pick this up on my own, but after seeing lots of positive reviews on Steepster, I figured it was time to give it a try. I’m glad I did. This has the most distinctive cranberry flavour I’ve experienced in a tea yet, and the pear flavour is there, though less distinct than the cranberry. This has a lovely, sweet, creaminess to it as well, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I can see picking this one up again – it’s a tasty, easy drinker.

Flavors: Cranberry, Creamy, Pear, Sweet, Tart

Fjellrev

It took me way too long to try this too. Glad you also like this!

Fay

This isn’t one I would normally go for either, but the reviews are making me think I’ll give it a go on my next trip to DAVID’s.

I liked it iced too!

Roswell Strange

This is one of my most drank teas ever; and along with Blueberry Jam it’s my favourite DT blend of all time – so glad you liked it! It’s good iced as well; but it’s AMAZING as a latte!

It took me far too long to try this tea. Cranberry and pear in a tea. That’s bound to be a smashingly good match. I appreciate the big chunks of fruit in this blend.

While I don’t taste any cranberry, I get a creamy pear candy. More specifically, the flavour reminds me of Ahlgrens bilar candy. Oh man, I miss being able to get those anytime I wanted, whether it was when IKEA stocked them in Canada before switching to their house brand, or when I lived in Sweden and they were everywhere.

I also like drinking this one without any additives. I can see a French tea shoppe come out with a blend like this. It’s a fruit blend but without unnecessary sweeteners or fillers that can be found in many DAVIDs blends.

Starfevre

creamy pear candy? Onto the wish list it goes. :)

yyz

Sounds good.

DeliriumsFrogs

I’m with Starfevre! I need to find some of this candy you’re speaking of. :D

Maddy Barone

This is one of my favorites from David’s. And yes, that candy does sound good!

M

I also really enjoyed this one when I tried it a while back. Might have to buy some..

Fjellrev

We certainly don’t have enough pear-flavoured things in North America! I hope anyone considering trying this or the candy will enjoy them. :)

Fjellrev

Yep, that’s the one! That’s so freaking expensive though. IKEA used to sell them for under $3.

Maddy Barone

Yeah, with shipping and handling it comes out to over $13.00 for a quarter pound. It would be fun to try them, but not at that price!

Fjellrev

Haha seriously! I used to order from northerner.com, and see that they still carry them! That could be an option:

That’s a lot cheaper!!

Fjellrev

Yeah, shipping is really reasonable too. Too bad they don’t have as much as they used to, though. Over the years, they’ve shifted more towards specializing in snus. :/. But of what they have, I also recommend Marabou chocolate! :)

Damn, I should make an order. It’s been too long haha.

So my friend gave me the last of this tea, just enough for a sample. Mmm smells delicious and tastes pretty good too.

Im not a cranberry fan [jeeze I swear I’m one of the pickiest people when I think about how many times I say that in a review] HOWEVER I didn’t get too much cranberry taste, mainly apple and pear. In my books this was a yummy tea. Not something I will buy considering if I buy every tea I like, I’d never have enough room! Sadly my two cupboards of tea has overflowed onto the counter and I have a DT order, Teavana order and two swaps on the way.

Therefore if offered I would drink this again, just not going to purchase at this time being.

Flavors: Apple, Cranberry, Fruity, Pear, Sweet

This one is good, but it needs more pear, I think! DT does their apple teas well. but I think I’m in the ‘off’ stage in my on and off relationship with that particular flavour, LOL. Once I tire a little more of cinnamon teas, I reckon this one will make the rounds again.