Cranberry Pear

Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea, Cranberry, Pear
Pear, Vanilla, Cranberry, Fruity, Orange, Pastries, Creamy, Sweet, Tart, Apple, Cream, Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Berry good

A few months ago, David tried a fruity dessert tea that knocked his socks off. It was subtle and refined, delicately floral and slightly sweet. He was intrigued. He had to have it. But what was the secret ingredient? Cranberries. Normally associated with a neon red holiday sauce, these beautiful berries really sing when paired with rich, floral black tea. Here we blend them with big pieces of pear and apple for the fruit and black tea blend you won’t believe you ever went without.

Ingredients: Cranberry, black tea, pear, apple, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I figured I should get into the samples I got from DavidsTea a few months ago, especially since I’m working on trying to get my cupboard under control.
Smells like fruity cranberry pear in the bag. Measuring it out wasn’t that bad either considering the big chunks of fruit mixed in.
Brewed I get a nice sweet cranberry sort of smell with something vaguely pear-like lurking about in the background.
Tastewise it’s, well, cranberry pear. More cranberry than pear and not curl your toes sort of tart. Unfortunately I’m apparently mildly allergic to (probly) the pear in this tea since I’m having a mild reaction to it. /sigh/ Well, I thought that might happen, but I figured it was worth taking the risk. Bummer since with a bit of sweetener, this might really be good, especially iced I have a feeling.

Blerrrgh! This is sooo tart. Leaves a bitter taste on the roof of my mouth.

Smells divine, but isn’t nearly as sweet as the scent implies. It’s one that I feel actually could have benefitted from some sweetener!

I have enough left for one more cup, but I may just add it to the swap pile instead.

And I actually really enjoy cranberry juice, much more than this!

Since Blueberry Jam was so good as a latte, I thought I’d try this one out like that. Unfortunately, where Blueberry Jam is delicious pancakes, Cranberry Pear tastes strongly of hay. It’s not bad, but it is weirdly unpleasant to have fruit and hay notes duking it out with creamy milk. It feels discordant, even if it is drinkable. Oh well, they can’t all be amazing, right?

2029 tasting notes

(Note: app gave me a submission failure.)

Right. The app hasn’t been updated. Still turns on push notifications whenever opened (have to remember to turn them off!) and still rates every tea as 0. Haha. :)

Anyways. I bought the tentacle Nordic mug with ORANGE interior. Tried Pom tango (nice and fruity!) asked if they knew about the ‘minty’ in the cucumber tea – they didn’t. I’ll have to email the company I think.

I was going to get the whales Nordic mug too but BFF dropped her steeper so I got her one of those instead!

Anyway, this tea. It’s ok. A little creamy, definitely fruity. More like pear jelly beans, so somewhat overripe. But drinkable. I wouldn’t buy this one, but I don’t care for pear! I had kinda hoped that the cranberry would come out more. Oh well. :) I will enjoy the infusion of warm, fruity caffeine.

Next up: X-rays and a ct scan. Whee!

Good luck. I hope they find answers!

I know what’s wrong – protruding disc, which sounds terrible. :) I fell at work yesterday which has made things worse, so now I have a WCB claim to fill out. So frustrating.

Woot, new mug!

Yay new mug! But I am still really unimpressed with the quality. I checked it in-store and the design was fine, but all I did was wash it with a soft cloth and make tea, and there’s a scratch in one of the tentacles already. UGH.

I agree with the “bubble gum” scent of this tea. I didn’t so much taste a ton of cranberry, nor pear. It was just kind of a jumbled fruit mess, which I found tasted quite nice. I don’t know that I’d necessarily buy this tea, but I’d happily drink it if offered.

This tea is literally, cranberries and pear pieces. That’s just about all there is. There’s more of that in here than actual black tea. It took me quite a few shakes (of the tin) to even find the tea!

Anyways, this is a really amazing tea. The cranberry compliments the black tea base perfectly. The pear and apple pieces add just the right amount of sweetness without being tangy. All that together makes a gorgeous, smooth and rich tea.

Just be careful when you steep this one, it will become bitter if you oversteep it!

This tastes like a fruity crumbly, pieish tart. (I know, but if you try the tea you’ll know what I’m talking about. This is what I hoped mom’s apple pie would taste like in terms of a pastry note. Moms apple pie was too much apple not enough pie? This is like the right amount of fruit and pastry. Even though there isn’t anything in here that would lead u to believe that it would taste this way. I’m drinking it with a little milk and brown sugar just to help with tartness since I usually hate that in my tea. This goes great with some trail mix for a snack. Love love love

Okay, so I’m not going to rate this tea yet.
I brought a small sample of this one to work with me to try and I thought it was very strange looking frankly. I didn’t know what to expect. So I made the tea, and I’ve tried it… it’s so weak… And then I looked at the pic of it again, and well, I know why. I only ended up steeping the fruit. The sample that I brought from home didn’t have any black tea in it. haha that would be the problem!! I only had the fruit. And while I still am getting a somewhat nice flavour from it, it definitely isn’t what I think this tea is suppose to taste like.
I’ll try again at home. This time WITH the black tea leaves in it.

I liked this tea. Not love. Liked. I got this and the Merry Cranberry at the same time not sure which one would end up winning out but I think I have to give this victory to the Cranberry pair. I didn’t find it quite as fickle or heavy as the other. Still only one brew before I had to change the tea though which is always frustrating.

I tried this tea iced at my Davidstea store and it was very good. The fruit flavours aren’t very strong but the black tea base is tasty.