Cheeky Lychee

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

Fit for a king
Lychees are just about the cutest little fruits around. But their perfumed flavour is all sophistication. After all, they’ve been the favourite snack of Chinese emperors since the 1st century. This lychee-scented black tea is made by placing baskets of tea leaves over big pots of simmering lychee fruits. Now getting the royal treatment is as easy as steeping a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This DOES taste like flowers, and not in a good way. I love lychees. I have lychee juice in my fridge (which I mixed with the tea to try and make it taste better). I was hoping this would be really, really good, and it just wasn’t.

Really good tea, love the fragrant lychee flavour and looking forward to trying an iced version in the summer.

I’m a huge lychee fan, whether it’s in a martini or juiced or just eating it the plain ol’ fashioned way — the whole fruit! So, that being said, I was expecting this tea to jump out at me with lychee flavour. I understand that it’s not infused and it’s really just an essence of lychee. And in that respect it’s really quite nice. But in terms of getting my lychee bang for my …. taste (?), it really missed the mark slightly.

It’s a good one, but I think it’s prompting me to mission a better version of itself. Suggestions anyone?

I thought this tea was ok. I can pick up this tea from the chinese grocery store because they sell the exact same tea. The smell from the tea was really nice and fragrant, but I can’t taste it too much in the tea itself. Shame though, I thought this tea would be different than the ones I buy from the grocery stores