Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2352 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This used to be my favorite tea last year, and I went through a 50 gram bag, and then a tin. So this year I ordered 250 grams of it online.
I still love it, but I get more of a fake fruit punch flavor than I would like, especially when it’s not piping hot. But the smell puts a smile on my face. yummmm

my absolute favourite tea, EVER. seriously, it’s sweet, nutty flavour is perfect. i cannot get enough of it and plan on getting another tin very, very soon. yummmmmm!

Oh my lord. I had a sample of this in my cupboard from the last order I made online, and I finally got around to trying it tonight. I don’t like ginger. But I can hardly tell it’s even in this tea. The flavor of apples, almond and coconut is a creamy delight. I’m so impressed. I will be picking some of this up the next time I go by. I’ve been addicted to Jessie’s Tea for a few months now, but I might have to switch back and forth with this one!

Delicious tea! My new favorite of the moment!
It’s smooth and perfectly sweet. Delicious amaretto taste.

Wow, amaretto/Tahiti treat. This is magic in a cup.

OK…this is my new favourite tea!!!! and the smell! I can’t get enough of it.
I got this as one of the free samples included in my last online order, and glad I did. Bought a tin of it tonight!
To me it totally smells like black cherry ice cream. AMAZING! Once brewed it really does smell/taste like Amaretto :)
I really can’t get over the black cheery ice cream smell of the tea in the can though!!

This is such a lovely tea! It is warm and apple/cinnamon-y and it’s just lovely. My cousin and I loved it.
The flavours work so well together and the almond pieces add just enough of a special touch that it’s perfect. I’d love to see this one stick around longer than just for the winter season. I could see me drinking this one in the fall too, watching the leaves change colours.

I was a bit afraid of how this tea smelled dry – very strong, almost synthetic, almond scent. Steeped it’s much better, and I like that there’s no rooibos woodiness. However, I’m not picking up on much fruit, and the spices are very subtle. I may try another steep with a more representative scoop and see if that helps. :P

Almonds? Yes please!

Love this tea. Some say amaretto, which I understand, but I personally find this tea more like a fruity marzipan. Delicious, this tea delivers everything it promised in the description, it’s sweet (without anything added) but not too sweet, nutty, slightly fruity, and warm from the spices. Good thing it’s caffeine-free, because I want to drink this tea morning, noon, and night!

I love how the other notes/reviews talk about the amaretto scent/flavor because I was trying to put my finger on what it was that smelled so great about this tea.

This afternoon I let my oldest smell all the teas in the holiday collection (I bought the sampler), and I had come down to debating between the Organic Hot Toboggan and this one as the tea to try tonight. I then let my youngest decide which tea we were going to make out of the two, and this is the one she chose.

So what was the big review? Neither child liked the tea, but I’m in love! It has such a great aroma, and I find that it’s taste is quite mellow (compared to how strong it smells). I can easily see myself trying this with some amaretto or other liqueur in it at some time and definitely am feeling that this one is tin worthy!

Now I’m debating if I should take some in my Timolino tomorrow to work ;)