Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1399 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 416 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

OK…let me tell you, when the winter collection came out…as a newbie to this tea thing I RAN to the store to get it to try it out, I tried Hot Tobaggan and loved it. Today while I was working on my computer, I decided to brew a pot of Alpine Punch. The smell was to die for and yes this smelled and tasted like warm Amaretto without getting the effect. I am so loving this tea that I think I will be making a stop for a tin…it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Smells great in the bag…smells like fruity vomit after it’s been brewed. Thankfully it tastes better than it smells, I just have to try not to inhale while taking a sip (which is hard to do).

I tried this tea hot and iced. I love rooibos tea and usually anything coconut, but for some reason I did not really like this one. I did finish drinking it, but I will not be getting this one again. There are way too many teas out there to try for me to drink something I don’t truly enjoy.

This tea has a very sweet nuts with a spicy taste to it. I mostly taste almond. Its soo Yummy!!

Flavors: Nuts

180 °F / 82 °C 4 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

Second steeping after my disappointment with last night’s first steeping: left leaves for around 30mins in a timolino. Far less almond essence in the second steeping, a far more natural nutty flavour coming through. Upped rating from 45 to 50 because I’m still not over the moon.

Flavors: Nuts

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I bought this tea b/c David’s Tea featured it for winter. The smell is intoxicating, which sold me. It’s the after taste that turned me off. It tasted too artificial and I suspect that there’s aspartame in it b/c it triggered the same headaches I get when I drink anything diet. Too bad because i was really looking forward to this tea.

I got a little bit of this tea for free, so I figure I ought to try it out. it smells delicious, the almond notes add a lot of sweet and nutty fragrance. although after being steeped it doesn’t taste the exact same as the scent, it’s overall a very well rounded tea.
it’s a nutty, sweet tea with subtle flowery notes. the after taste is pleasantly sweet. the apples don’t add much of a taste, but the ginger and pepper add a little bit of kick.

a great tea to drink while reading a book by the fireplace!

This tea is lovely cold! or even if u get a tea pop! delicious!

Just finished sipping this one. Not bad! I really detect the apple in this one. Reminds me of cider, perhaps? Probably not a repurchase for me, anyways.

Emphasis on the “punch” in the name – this is fruit punch tea. I gave it a low rating because I only tried it hot and did not like it. However, I feel like this would be great iced! It’s just too sticky sweet and fruit packed for me to like hot.