Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Nutty, Coconut, Rooibos, Cinnamon, Butter, Rose, Cream, Marzipan, Nuts, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea
205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 30 sec 5 g 65 oz / 1932 ml

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

OK…let me tell you, when the winter collection came out…as a newbie to this tea thing I RAN to the store to get it to try it out, I tried Hot Tobaggan and loved it. Today while I was working on my computer, I decided to brew a pot of Alpine Punch. The smell was to die for and yes this smelled and tasted like warm Amaretto without getting the effect. I am so loving this tea that I think I will be making a stop for a tin…it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Alpine Punch is one of those teas that seems like it would be great, but it doesn’t deliver on its promises. The tea both smells and tastes HEAVILY like candy. My personal opinion is that the flavoring they’re using, in addition to the coconut, creates this extremely rich profile. Perhaps diluted way down this would taste better, but it really didn’t make a pleasant tea for me, warm or cold.

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 30 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML

Definitely not a fan of Alpine Punch hot – cold is much, much better. The coconut doesn’t mesh with the punch – at least not for my tastebuds. I’ve heard this is ridiculously popular so I guess I’m the odd one out… doubt I’ll buy again but I’ll enjoy what’s left in the bag.

Thanks to a friend from work I got to try this very tasty nutty tea. I enjoyed it though I think it could use a little more sweetness. meganxpink asked me to see if the batch had an alcohol-y taste to it, but I didn’t taste anything like that

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Nutty

Megan

I guess it was all in my head :(

My friend shared an old batch of this tea with me and it was delicious. Very fruity and nutty but I could almost SWEAR that it tasted like it had rum / alcohol in it.. it must be in my head :) I will need ccoppens to try this one later and let me know what he thinks.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Coconut, Rooibos

Chris Coppens

I’ll give it a try and share my results.

This tea smells so nice, both dry and steeped. Very warm and comforting. Definitely creamy as well. Always keep this on hand. If anything, i just wish it was more spicy and cinnamon-y

Flavors: Almond

Fruit punch with almonds and spices. Yum! One of my all-time favorites to reach for on cold winter nights. I’m glad Davids keeps bringing this back the last few years. November 2014 Tea of the Month. And this completes my Tea of the Month 2014 collection sipdown. I drank them over a period of about 2 weeks, and reviewed most of them today!

Mmmm tried this tea at my friends this morning. Great tea for a great hangout with my friend and her two little ones.

Not only does this tea taste delicious, it smells amazing! I think I might love the smell even more than the taste! Gonna have to pick some of this up for myself. Yumm.

Flavors: Almond, Cinnamon, Rooibos

I liked this rooibos when I first tried it. But there is something in the flavor—some artificiality—that really puts me off. Yesterday afternoon the weather was cold, wet and raw and I needed a hot beverage without caffeine. So I gave this a try again, and it was okay. Still a little something not quite right though.

YUMMY!! I wonder what Bubbie’s Baklava is like because to me, this tastes like baklava! Almond, rose, honey, very buttery… everything is there. I drink this as a latte with eggnog and milk and it’s just delicious. I’m definitely buying another 100g tin of this tea… And I’ll probably try Bubbie’s Baklava to compare.

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Rose