Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Nuts, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Coconut, Marzipan, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Tropical, Walnut, Stonefruits, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Rose, Cranberry, Pastries, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Ginger, Earth, Butter, Cream, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Sipdown! (158) I’m especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it’s time to clear it out. Sure, I didn’t open the bag up until a month or so again so it...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one’s getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I’m tired and it’s time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it’s one of the mistakes I made where I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3125 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea’s back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 513 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

OK…let me tell you, when the winter collection came out…as a newbie to this tea thing I RAN to the store to get it to try it out, I tried Hot Tobaggan and loved it. Today while I was working on my computer, I decided to brew a pot of Alpine Punch. The smell was to die for and yes this smelled and tasted like warm Amaretto without getting the effect. I am so loving this tea that I think I will be making a stop for a tin…it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Alpine Punch is a tea I’ve been waiting to get my hands on and am glad when I finally did.

Let’s start off by saying how delicious the smell is – divine!

Right away I noticed the heavy almond/marzipan aroma it had. It reminded me of almond sugar cookies my mom used to buy when I was a kid. Yum.

Looking at the individual loose pieces, there was a lot going on. To name a few you could see rooibos, almonds, dried apples, cinnamon, small pieces of coconut and ginger, rose blossoms, and cardamom. Since there’s a lot going on I was worried Alpine Punch might turn out to be another Organic North African Mint, which I did NOT enjoy. It was way too spicy for me and put my mouth on fire.

It’s safe to say this tea turned out delicious. When I took the first sip, I did not get punched in the face (pun intended) with a bunch of spices. Phew!

It was very sweet, smooth, and creamy. There was also a nutty taste which came from the almonds and coconut. It was smooth and subtle and you could also taste hints of apple and cinnamon as well.

It did have a spicy aftertaste, most likely due from the black pepper and ginger. Luckily it wasn’t overpowering and was just enough to give you a warm buzz from the inside – perfect for those chilly nights.

This is my new replacement for the recently discontinued Cha Yen Thai white tea from Teavana. It is slightly different: more cherry, less anise, more nutty, but over well similar enough (and no caffeine!) I made three cups without loss of flavour, but the fourth cups was weak. Maybe I shouldn’t have left the teabag in, I think it could have done 4-5 if I had taken the teabag out. I’m just too lazy to remove it sometimes so I just let it stay in the whole time.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cherry, Coconut, Fruity, Nuts, Nutty, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Tropical, Walnut

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

My favorite tea from David’s tea. To me it’s slightly spicy, slightly fruity, creamy and all almond/cherry flavoring goodness. I always drink it with almond milk.

Flavors: Almond, Cherry, Spicy

Brewed a little weak; fixed with some sweetener. :P Very yummy, spicy, fruity deliciousness.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Tamarindel

Hi Casey, I noticed you reviewed the Gaiwan Tea House in Couer D’Alene. Could you tell me anything about their tea menu? I visited their site, but couldn’t find any info.

Casey

Here’s a link to their photo on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GaiwanTeaHouse/menu/?p_ref=pa

As far as types of teas, they had quite the variety. They had small spice jars (from Ikea?) which samples of the tea leaves so you could browse by smell. That was super-cool. :)

This is one of my happy teas. The first sip was so delicious that after I drank it all, I made myself another cup right away. I just purchased a 50g bag of it online because I’m out of my first batch. Goodness it’s super tasty and I absolutely recommend it.

Note: next time, try a 4-minute infusion and use only 1.5 tsp for 8 oz of water.

I was intrigued by the strong scent of almonds in this one, but the scent was terrifyingly sweet. I brewed it for a post-dinner digestif with my partner, who is much more of a non-flavoured tea drinker (he goes for oolongs and white teas) and fortunately this was not as sweet.

A 4-minute infusion seemed a bit bland, so we steeped it for longer and now it is slightly sweet. Gets cloying midway through the cup and I’m sick of the artificial “almond essence” smell. Not the best rooibos blend but nowhere near as mind-numbingly saccharine as it smells. I’ll try stopping at 4 minutes next time. With the rooiboses I’m learning that less is more.

Flavors: Almond

5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

When I first opened this bag of tea, the the smell was amazing! Just like maraschino cherries. The taste is similar to the smell, but I find it lacking something. This is probably because I went into it expecting sweet cherries. It is a nice tea to have on occasion, but is not something I would keep on hand.

Flavors: Apple, Cherry

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Dried, strong fruity smell. Unique taste. Astringent. It has an apple, nutty taste and it works with milk.

I really like this tea. Can’t wait to have another cup!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML