Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

OK…let me tell you, when the winter collection came out…as a newbie to this tea thing I RAN to the store to get it to try it out, I tried Hot Tobaggan and loved it. Today while I was working on my computer, I decided to brew a pot of Alpine Punch. The smell was to die for and yes this smelled and tasted like warm Amaretto without getting the effect. I am so loving this tea that I think I will be making a stop for a tin…it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Kicking myself for not buying a full tin of this, as it’s a winter seasonal. Really, really tasty. And it would be really good as an ice tea as well. Like gourmet fruit punch for adults. Great dessert tea and decaf so I can have it late at night. Really just makes you physically smack your lips, it’s so good. It’s on the sweet side of what I normally like so I brew it a little weaker than most herbals. Very distinct tastes within the tea.

Making the last of this in a large pot to chill, later.

1991 tasting notes

Steepster seems to be doing ok now, so I guess I’ll tackle some of my queue. I was gonna try and do that a few days ago, but server problems and what not. It’s gotten a bit unruly now and needs some work. I wont be able to finish it all though; I have a first date today (at DAVIDsTEA) and will need to get ready for that at some point, and then will be out for the evening…

So this was cold brewed, just to try it a different way. It had very strong “punchy” notes of Rose, Marzipan, Almond, and Coconut and then much milder notes of apple and cinnamon. It was still really tasty, but came off as more artificial and perfume-y than it had hot. Odd; usually the reverse is true with temperature?

So probably going to stick with hot tea for the last of this one.

PS. Steepster Chat people are crazy distracting! I’m trying to write stuff, guys!

Starfevre

I don’t have chat turned on because I’m supposed to be working and people can see my screen. :(

Sooo good! Such a good bedside tea. Prefect for book reading or television watching! A bit tangy but not overpowering.

1 tsp

Thank you for this one in your sample sale Janelle! I really like this one. It’s a mellow no caf choice. If there wasn’t so much rooibos in the blend itself, the flavor is like a mild Joy’s Teaspoon’s Almond Cookie (though it really didn’t seem like a strong rooibos tea – I wouldn’t even guess it was there in a blind taste test). There are big coconut flakes and apple that come through in the flavor. It’s a bit nutty, a bit fruity, very sweet. It reminds me of another David’s Tea – maybe Sleigh Ride? I’ve been drinking a ton of teas that are next to the last teaspoon! Plenty of sipdowns in the future.
Steep #1 // 10 min after boiling (accidentally) // 4 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

The first time I made this tea I’d just sat down on the couch with it beside me but before I’d even had one sip I accidentally clipped my mug with a careless elbow spilling my tea all over the couch and myself. I think that may have put me off drinking it again for quite awhile. *side-eyes the tea *

Thankfully all went well this time – the smell of the tea is very candy-like, like butterscotch or something close to it. I’m not a big fan of rooibos but thankfully the rooibos flavours are pretty subdued in this blend. It has a nice sweet toffee-like flavour but with an undertone of coconut and something that might be rum. A great dessert tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Smells great in the bag…smells like fruity vomit after it’s been brewed. Thankfully it tastes better than it smells, I just have to try not to inhale while taking a sip (which is hard to do).

I tried this tea hot and iced. I love rooibos tea and usually anything coconut, but for some reason I did not really like this one. I did finish drinking it, but I will not be getting this one again. There are way too many teas out there to try for me to drink something I don’t truly enjoy.

This tea has a very sweet nuts with a spicy taste to it. I mostly taste almond. Its soo Yummy!!

Flavors: Nuts