Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Cardamon, Cream, Nuts, Sweet, Thick, Vanilla, Creamy, Nutty, Coconut, Fruity, Wood, Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Marzipan, Roasted nuts, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Tropical, Walnut, Stonefruits, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Rose, Cranberry, Pastries, White Chocolate, Floral, Ginger, Earth, Butter, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “Sipdown! (158) I’m especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it’s time to clear it out. Sure, I didn’t open the bag up until a month or so again so it...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1779 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one’s getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I’m tired and it’s time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it’s one of the mistakes I made where I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea’s back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 513 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

Price: $7.75 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of my happy teas. The first sip was so delicious that after I drank it all, I made myself another cup right away. I just purchased a 50g bag of it online because I’m out of my first batch. Goodness it’s super tasty and I absolutely recommend it.

Note: next time, try a 4-minute infusion and use only 1.5 tsp for 8 oz of water.

I was intrigued by the strong scent of almonds in this one, but the scent was terrifyingly sweet. I brewed it for a post-dinner digestif with my partner, who is much more of a non-flavoured tea drinker (he goes for oolongs and white teas) and fortunately this was not as sweet.

A 4-minute infusion seemed a bit bland, so we steeped it for longer and now it is slightly sweet. Gets cloying midway through the cup and I’m sick of the artificial “almond essence” smell. Not the best rooibos blend but nowhere near as mind-numbingly saccharine as it smells. I’ll try stopping at 4 minutes next time. With the rooiboses I’m learning that less is more.

Flavors: Almond

5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

When I first opened this bag of tea, the the smell was amazing! Just like maraschino cherries. The taste is similar to the smell, but I find it lacking something. This is probably because I went into it expecting sweet cherries. It is a nice tea to have on occasion, but is not something I would keep on hand.

Flavors: Apple, Cherry

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Dried, strong fruity smell. Unique taste. Astringent. It has an apple, nutty taste and it works with milk.

I really like this tea. Can’t wait to have another cup!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

One of my favourites from DavidsTea! I’m glad they haven’t discontinued this one. Despite it’s name, the ‘punch’ isn’t really there – which for me is great because I’m not too much of a fan of fruity teas anyway. The the fruity taste kind of fades into the background and is still present. The more dominant flavours in this tea are the cardamom pods, cinnamon, ginger and rose petals – as a person who loves spices (especially cardamom) and floral notes, this hits the spot.

Love it hot or iced.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Rose

You know, I wasn’t expecting to love this one given the mixed reviews, but I kind of do.

I like that it’s somewhat fruity without being too acidic. It’s got that relaxing rooibos, but isn’t sickeningly sweet the way many rooibos blends from David’s tend to be. I also find it really mellow without all of the mint and chamomile that such teas tend to use (which is an issue for my sensitive stomach).

This is a tea I can see myself enjoying at just about any time of day. I’ll probably buy more when I get the chance.

Flavors: Fruity, Nuts, Rooibos, Sweet

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yum yum yum. I’ve been trying for months to get the same taste I sampled in the store a year ago. Still trying.

Whoops, I missed reviewing this one, 14/24 on the advent calendar. This tea SMELLS great, but doesn’t taste great. I loves the sweet almond smell of the leaves, but it didn’t come across in the brew. Mostly I tasted a very harsh rooibos flavor with only a hint of almond. Disappointing.

Flavors: Almond, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Backlog from Christmas:

OM NOM NOM. This is delicious. Yet another Xmas present from my hubby. The sample is small, but I definitely want to restock this, since the almond, cream, and rooibos flavours play so well together. I also had it as a to-go cup from David’s Tea a few days ago, and noticed that this tea contains apple, too, which really amplifies all the other flavours. I think the to-go cup also had a peppery note to it that I really enjoyed.

I’m looking forward to when this goes on sale, because I will TOTALLY restock some of this.