Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Nutty, Coconut, Rooibos, Cinnamon, Butter, Rose, Cream, Marzipan, Nuts, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s starting to be chilly in the mornings (although still warming up in the afternoon), and I thought this tea would hit the spot. I guess I haven’t rated it before, but this is hardly my first time drinking it. I’ve discovered over time that I’m not the biggest rooibos fan, but there is enough in this tea to cover the base. I do like the fruity and coconut of the tea…a nice pick-me-up, although there’s no caffeine.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Pass the Stash TTB #17

Almonds are my first love. And this tea is wonderfully almondy. Though there are some aftertastes that I am less than thrilled with (oh, hey, look there’s ginger in the ingredient list) but for the most part I’m enjoying this. I wish there was some added depth in flavor though – maybe something to add some creaminess or sweetness. Mmm.

Flavors: Almond

I sampled this in store today. It was okay, but really made no impression on me. It just tasted kind of weak and generic? I was expecting much more, since I’ve ready lots of good reviews of it.

Kicking myself for not buying a full tin of this, as it’s a winter seasonal. Really, really tasty. And it would be really good as an ice tea as well. Like gourmet fruit punch for adults. Great dessert tea and decaf so I can have it late at night. Really just makes you physically smack your lips, it’s so good. It’s on the sweet side of what I normally like so I brew it a little weaker than most herbals. Very distinct tastes within the tea.

Making the last of this in a large pot to chill, later.

Steepster seems to be doing ok now, so I guess I’ll tackle some of my queue. I was gonna try and do that a few days ago, but server problems and what not. It’s gotten a bit unruly now and needs some work. I wont be able to finish it all though; I have a first date today (at DAVIDsTEA) and will need to get ready for that at some point, and then will be out for the evening…

So this was cold brewed, just to try it a different way. It had very strong “punchy” notes of Rose, Marzipan, Almond, and Coconut and then much milder notes of apple and cinnamon. It was still really tasty, but came off as more artificial and perfume-y than it had hot. Odd; usually the reverse is true with temperature?

So probably going to stick with hot tea for the last of this one.

PS. Steepster Chat people are crazy distracting! I’m trying to write stuff, guys!

Starfevre

I don’t have chat turned on because I’m supposed to be working and people can see my screen. :(

Sooo good! Such a good bedside tea. Prefect for book reading or television watching! A bit tangy but not overpowering.

1 tsp

Thank you for this one in your sample sale Janelle! I really like this one. It’s a mellow no caf choice. If there wasn’t so much rooibos in the blend itself, the flavor is like a mild Joy’s Teaspoon’s Almond Cookie (though it really didn’t seem like a strong rooibos tea – I wouldn’t even guess it was there in a blind taste test). There are big coconut flakes and apple that come through in the flavor. It’s a bit nutty, a bit fruity, very sweet. It reminds me of another David’s Tea – maybe Sleigh Ride? I’ve been drinking a ton of teas that are next to the last teaspoon! Plenty of sipdowns in the future.
Steep #1 // 10 min after boiling (accidentally) // 4 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

The first time I made this tea I’d just sat down on the couch with it beside me but before I’d even had one sip I accidentally clipped my mug with a careless elbow spilling my tea all over the couch and myself. I think that may have put me off drinking it again for quite awhile. *side-eyes the tea *

Thankfully all went well this time – the smell of the tea is very candy-like, like butterscotch or something close to it. I’m not a big fan of rooibos but thankfully the rooibos flavours are pretty subdued in this blend. It has a nice sweet toffee-like flavour but with an undertone of coconut and something that might be rum. A great dessert tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Smells great in the bag…smells like fruity vomit after it’s been brewed. Thankfully it tastes better than it smells, I just have to try not to inhale while taking a sip (which is hard to do).