Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Nuts, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Coconut, Marzipan, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Tropical, Walnut, Stonefruits, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Rose, Cranberry, Pastries, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Ginger, Earth, Butter, Cream, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Sipdown! (158) I’m especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it’s time to clear it out. Sure, I didn’t open the bag up until a month or so again so it...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one’s getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I’m tired and it’s time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it’s one of the mistakes I made where I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea’s back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 513 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

You know, I wasn’t expecting to love this one given the mixed reviews, but I kind of do.

I like that it’s somewhat fruity without being too acidic. It’s got that relaxing rooibos, but isn’t sickeningly sweet the way many rooibos blends from David’s tend to be. I also find it really mellow without all of the mint and chamomile that such teas tend to use (which is an issue for my sensitive stomach).

This is a tea I can see myself enjoying at just about any time of day. I’ll probably buy more when I get the chance.

Flavors: Fruity, Nuts, Rooibos, Sweet

5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Yum yum yum. I’ve been trying for months to get the same taste I sampled in the store a year ago. Still trying.

Whoops, I missed reviewing this one, 14/24 on the advent calendar. This tea SMELLS great, but doesn’t taste great. I loves the sweet almond smell of the leaves, but it didn’t come across in the brew. Mostly I tasted a very harsh rooibos flavor with only a hint of almond. Disappointing.

Flavors: Almond, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Backlog from Christmas:

OM NOM NOM. This is delicious. Yet another Xmas present from my hubby. The sample is small, but I definitely want to restock this, since the almond, cream, and rooibos flavours play so well together. I also had it as a to-go cup from David’s Tea a few days ago, and noticed that this tea contains apple, too, which really amplifies all the other flavours. I think the to-go cup also had a peppery note to it that I really enjoyed.

I’m looking forward to when this goes on sale, because I will TOTALLY restock some of this.

This tea is a goody. It’s like spicy fruit punch. No caffeine and I like drinking it to re get my hydration back like after a workout. :-)

Flavors: Coconut, Spicy

Boo, I have nothing of relevance to start today’s blog with, turns out my plans for today are going to go poof and now I am sulking. So instead I shall talk about how Ben’s phone keeps changing his ringtone to totally random stuff. He did have the default for a while (so boring) and then about a day after Thanksgiving it switched to random Christmas jingles…which he promptly switched back to the default. Then his phone just rang and it was something random (some lady going do do DO DO do) which prompted him to be immensely confused. I am not sure why his phone is trolling him, but I am ok with it.

Once again we wander through the annals of history, aka my older tea notebook pile for a bit of a throwback tea. Today we are looking at DAVIDsTEA Alpine Punch, and it has been quite a long time since I looked at one of their teas! Usually I would get a sample of a seasonal tea, and by the time I got around to reviewing it, it had already stopped existing, oops, but Alpine Punch stayed around. It is a blend of Rooibos, Coconut Chips, Coconut Rasps, Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cardamon, Black Pepper, Almonds, Rose Blossoms, and Natural and Artificial Almond Cream Flavoring. Looking at that list of ingredients intrigued me, it was like a Rooibos Kulfi, chai…thing, so I had to try some. The aroma is pretty delicious, like a blend of marzipan and roses, spices, and coconut. For some reason this tea reminds me of the best cake ever…not that I have ever had one that smelled like this, the blend is cake like and I want this as a cake.

Into the basket the bits go, I do not look forward to cleaning up the rooibos, always a pain since they get stuck in the strainer. The aroma is super delicious, strong notes of almonds and coconut with a heady accompaniment of roses and apples. The more I sniff the more the spice builds, it starts with cardamon and is joined by ginger and cinnamon with a sharp peppery finish. The aroma has a bit of coconut and apples, with sweet marzipan, and a strong woody sweetness. At the finish is the building warmth of spices that blend quite nicely with the woody Rooibos tones.

Since this is a tea with coconut in it, the mouthfeel is super thick and oily, which counteracts the at times dry and raspy mouthfeel of Rooibos, so if you are a person that hates that about Rooibos (I know several people like that) then I would say this one mostly bypasses it. The taste starts with coconut and apples, right around the end of the front taste, the cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper starts to build and stays quite strong until the end. At the midtaste there are roses and almonds, and the finish is a woody, honey note that lingers. This is a warm tea, aptly named, because I want to drink this while lounging in a snow fort.

For blog and (mediocre) photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2015/12/davidstea-alpine-punch-tbt-tea-review.html

TeaExplorer

Have you thought about taking Ben’s phone to a voodoo priestess? It sounds like it’s been possessed.

Advent calendar [14/24]

Good news! My frivolous spend-as-much-as-I-need-to-get-points order is in. I have a few more teas to review soon. In other good news, I’ve converted my boyfriend into a black loose leaf tea drinker.

Despite my aversion to drinking non caffeinated tea in the morning, I had to have this one early. It just sounded so good.

It seems like this tea had a lot of different flavours going on. I get a spicy coconut flavour with a sweet aftertaste. I’m not really sure what this tea is doing, but I really like it.

If I didn’t have a 50g pouch of red rooibos sitting in my cupboard at home, this would be a definite choice to buy.

Flavors: Coconut, Rooibos, Spicy, Sweet

Day 14/24

I was a little disappointed to see a rooibos today (though I knew this was coming eventually), but WOW, this is really good! For me it’s somewhere between a biscotti or a cranberry bliss bar from Starbucks. Prominent almond, cranberry, white chocolate, and vanilla notes wrapped up in a warm cup of delicious. You hardly notice the rooibos base (a plus for me). I’m kind of sad I used up the whole sample (I didn’t want a bunch of rooibos hanging around). It’s not a must have, but it’s a great holiday tea!

Flavors: Almond, Cranberry, Pastries, Vanilla, White Chocolate

Alyssa

This seems to be a well liked rooibos on this website. I can totally see why, too.

A warm cinnamony fruit punch that’s quite a joy to sip. The main three flavours (cinnamon, coconut, apple) blend in such a way that none overpower the other. I’ve found that rooibos teas have an extra smoothness or creaminess to them and that quality is very detectable here. Light, fruity, smooth and not too sweet, this is a definite rooibos favourite.

Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Fruit Punch

Tried this tea for the first time today, & it was very sweet & fruity. I’m not one to really drink fruity teas though, so it’s not really for me. I wouldn’t mind drinking it again, but if I had another choice, I probably wouldn’t pick this one. I would recommend this tea to people who enjoy fruity teas!

Flavors: Fruity, Sweet