Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1691 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought this tea b/c David’s Tea featured it for winter. The smell is intoxicating, which sold me. It’s the after taste that turned me off. It tasted too artificial and I suspect that there’s aspartame in it b/c it triggered the same headaches I get when I drink anything diet. Too bad because i was really looking forward to this tea.

I got a little bit of this tea for free, so I figure I ought to try it out. it smells delicious, the almond notes add a lot of sweet and nutty fragrance. although after being steeped it doesn’t taste the exact same as the scent, it’s overall a very well rounded tea.
it’s a nutty, sweet tea with subtle flowery notes. the after taste is pleasantly sweet. the apples don’t add much of a taste, but the ginger and pepper add a little bit of kick.

a great tea to drink while reading a book by the fireplace!

This tea is lovely cold! or even if u get a tea pop! delicious!

Just finished sipping this one. Not bad! I really detect the apple in this one. Reminds me of cider, perhaps? Probably not a repurchase for me, anyways.

Emphasis on the “punch” in the name – this is fruit punch tea. I gave it a low rating because I only tried it hot and did not like it. However, I feel like this would be great iced! It’s just too sticky sweet and fruit packed for me to like hot.

Had this today during a Christmas shopping trip, and it definitely got me liking themed teas again. I usually shy away from anything Christmas/Fall-related, but damn the cinnamon and almond really provided a great taste; the apple also really rounded it out. There isn’t one huge dominant flavour, and I think that works well.

michelle c

this was the one holiday tea of theirs i didn’t try this year! not crazy about cinnamon teas besides chai of course

Perfect nutty flavor with balanced spices. Apple included in the mix but is not overpowering as can sometimes be the case.

Ok, so I got this as a sample in my last two DAVIDsTEA orders and right after reading the ingredient list, I knew I wasn’t going to like it. Cinnamon is one of my least favourite smells/tastes (Gave my boyfriend my Cinnamon Heart Pu’erh tea from my passport collection right away) and I figured that these samples would make their way right into his Christmas stocking.

Fast forward to a few days later (so tonight), and I feel like I want to end the day as I usually do, with a cup of tea or two or three. Not wanting to make the mistake of drinking a black tea right before bed as I did last night, resulting in a 4am bedtime, I decided to try out this sample, as it is caffeine-free.

Holy.Crap. Upon the first dry smelling, this smells EXACTLY like coffee cake! In fact, DAVIDsTEA “Coffee Cake” flavour didn’t smell anywhere NEAR as delicious and coffee cake-like as this does! Steeped for roughly 5-6 minutes (lost count, as I always seem to) and now sipping it, and it tastes exactly as it smells- like coffee cake. Well, coffee cake with a slight pepper kicker, as I can feel the bite of the black pepper on my tongue.

Not only will this NOT be going in my boyfriend’s stocking (well, unless I get more samples of it in the next two orders that are shipping to me) but I will be ordering 50g of this in my next, near future order. This is especially exciting, as I’ve been searching for a rooibos tea to love after being underwhelmed by Birthday Cake and liking Oh Canada, but knowing its too sweet for daily consumption. A little sad that this will be gone in march but that just means I’ll have to stock up! Another delicious winner from DAVIDsTEA!

This tisane has a strong fruity smell when it’s first opened. It smells a lot like a fruit punch or a fruit cake, with strong almond overtones. When brewed, it’s a deep red caramel color and has an overwhelmingly almond flavor and scent (almost like marzipan) that complements the red rooibos quite well.

It also has coconut, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom, but these are a bit harder to taste over the almond flavoring. I like the strong almond taste because it hides the flavor of the rooibos, which I’m not always a fan of.

This isn’t something I would want to drink every night because it’s an extremely rich tisane that can be a bit overwhelming, but it’s great in small doses.

Not a bad tea but a bit too coconutty for me.