Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1673 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was pleasantly surprised by this one! I don’t normally like Rooibos, but the flavours in this one were yummy! It reminded me of a hot cider or punch and I could picture myself being served this in some Alpine cabin after skiing. I could also taste the coconut and almond notes. Lovely.

Day #2 of the 2013 advent calendar! I tried this when it was out last year, and I don’t know if the ingredients have changed any, but I like this far more than I remember. And again, I’m enjoying the fact that I have enough of the leaves to make at least two more big mugs. Bravo!

When I first bought this tea I absolutely adored it – however now the almond taste I am getting from it tastes very artificial. It actually made me a bit sick to my stomach this time around.

OMG I love this. It is such a nice fall/winter taste. It’s like having marzipan in a cup just not as sweet. I can see me buying this one all winter. I always use boiling water in all my teas as I find I tend to steep them longer than they suggest and I want my tea to still be hot once the steeping is done. I’ve tried using the temps they recommend but then it’s always too cool when the steeping is done.

Boiling 8 min or more

MARZIPAN.

This tastes so much like a fruity delicious marzipan I can’t even handle it. The rooibos flavor I find is quite masked due to the many different flavorings going on, but I’m a true fan regardless. I will be hugely stocking up on this tea so I can have some forever.

However, if you do not like marzipan, stay away, you will not like it.

I tried this tea at DT’s today and then got it in my new travel mug. I loved the taste and look forward to picking up more!

I love this tea!!! It smell like amaretto, but once steeped it’s even better. The best flavored tea I tried. I will order more soon, before it will go away!

This is a great tea. Tastes lighter than the traditional cakey and caramel flavoured teas around this time and it’s a nice change, yet still richly flavoured. I really didn’t think coconut would make me think a wintery tea but this works. I like :)

Tried this as a sample today in store. It was really oddly creamy, which I wasn’t expecting. I guess I got a lot of the coconut notes. Overall not bad, I suppose.

I’m on my second steep of this as today’s daily tea at work. I have to say, after adding this tea to the pile I’ve tried, Rooibos is DEFINITELY my thing! I always seem to love them.

This one is smooth and fruity (although not overly so), nutty (although nto overly so), sweet (although not overly so), and has a spiciness to it (although… guess what.. not overly so) and with just a touch of creaminess.

So basically, it’s a great all around tea, that doesn’t bash you in the head with any of its flavours, but holds them all in a delicate balance that is just lovely. =)