Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Nutty, Coconut, Rooibos, Cinnamon, Butter, Rose, Cream, Marzipan, Nuts, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea hot and iced. I love rooibos tea and usually anything coconut, but for some reason I did not really like this one. I did finish drinking it, but I will not be getting this one again. There are way too many teas out there to try for me to drink something I don’t truly enjoy.

This tea has a very sweet nuts with a spicy taste to it. I mostly taste almond. Its soo Yummy!!

Flavors: Nuts

180 °F / 82 °C 4 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

My adage seems to be “if you don’t like it hot, cold brew it”. It’s saved many a blend for me and this one is no different. I swapped away the last of my supply of this to a friend last week but saved one last hurrah for my newfound cold brewing joy, and drinking it tonight it is fresh and tasty. True, the almond scent is still putting me off on approach, but heck—we’ve come a long way, baby.

I bought this tea b/c David’s Tea featured it for winter. The smell is intoxicating, which sold me. It’s the after taste that turned me off. It tasted too artificial and I suspect that there’s aspartame in it b/c it triggered the same headaches I get when I drink anything diet. Too bad because i was really looking forward to this tea.

I got a little bit of this tea for free, so I figure I ought to try it out. it smells delicious, the almond notes add a lot of sweet and nutty fragrance. although after being steeped it doesn’t taste the exact same as the scent, it’s overall a very well rounded tea.
it’s a nutty, sweet tea with subtle flowery notes. the after taste is pleasantly sweet. the apples don’t add much of a taste, but the ginger and pepper add a little bit of kick.

a great tea to drink while reading a book by the fireplace!

This tea is lovely cold! or even if u get a tea pop! delicious!

Just finished sipping this one. Not bad! I really detect the apple in this one. Reminds me of cider, perhaps? Probably not a repurchase for me, anyways.

Emphasis on the “punch” in the name – this is fruit punch tea. I gave it a low rating because I only tried it hot and did not like it. However, I feel like this would be great iced! It’s just too sticky sweet and fruit packed for me to like hot.

Had this today during a Christmas shopping trip, and it definitely got me liking themed teas again. I usually shy away from anything Christmas/Fall-related, but damn the cinnamon and almond really provided a great taste; the apple also really rounded it out. There isn’t one huge dominant flavour, and I think that works well.

michelle-c

this was the one holiday tea of theirs i didn’t try this year! not crazy about cinnamon teas besides chai of course

Perfect nutty flavor with balanced spices. Apple included in the mix but is not overpowering as can sometimes be the case.