Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Nutty, Coconut, Rooibos, Cinnamon, Butter, Rose, Cream, Marzipan, Nuts, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ok, so I got this as a sample in my last two DAVIDsTEA orders and right after reading the ingredient list, I knew I wasn’t going to like it. Cinnamon is one of my least favourite smells/tastes (Gave my boyfriend my Cinnamon Heart Pu’erh tea from my passport collection right away) and I figured that these samples would make their way right into his Christmas stocking.

Fast forward to a few days later (so tonight), and I feel like I want to end the day as I usually do, with a cup of tea or two or three. Not wanting to make the mistake of drinking a black tea right before bed as I did last night, resulting in a 4am bedtime, I decided to try out this sample, as it is caffeine-free.

Holy.Crap. Upon the first dry smelling, this smells EXACTLY like coffee cake! In fact, DAVIDsTEA “Coffee Cake” flavour didn’t smell anywhere NEAR as delicious and coffee cake-like as this does! Steeped for roughly 5-6 minutes (lost count, as I always seem to) and now sipping it, and it tastes exactly as it smells- like coffee cake. Well, coffee cake with a slight pepper kicker, as I can feel the bite of the black pepper on my tongue.

Not only will this NOT be going in my boyfriend’s stocking (well, unless I get more samples of it in the next two orders that are shipping to me) but I will be ordering 50g of this in my next, near future order. This is especially exciting, as I’ve been searching for a rooibos tea to love after being underwhelmed by Birthday Cake and liking Oh Canada, but knowing its too sweet for daily consumption. A little sad that this will be gone in march but that just means I’ll have to stock up! Another delicious winner from DAVIDsTEA!

This tisane has a strong fruity smell when it’s first opened. It smells a lot like a fruit punch or a fruit cake, with strong almond overtones. When brewed, it’s a deep red caramel color and has an overwhelmingly almond flavor and scent (almost like marzipan) that complements the red rooibos quite well.

It also has coconut, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom, but these are a bit harder to taste over the almond flavoring. I like the strong almond taste because it hides the flavor of the rooibos, which I’m not always a fan of.

This isn’t something I would want to drink every night because it’s an extremely rich tisane that can be a bit overwhelming, but it’s great in small doses.

Not a bad tea but a bit too coconutty for me.

SO GOOD! The almond stands out more in the smell for than the actual flavor. It’s got a really light, somewhat spicy apple taste, with a hint of ginger. Kind of reminds me of weak apple cider.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one! I don’t normally like Rooibos, but the flavours in this one were yummy! It reminded me of a hot cider or punch and I could picture myself being served this in some Alpine cabin after skiing. I could also taste the coconut and almond notes. Lovely.

Day #2 of the 2013 advent calendar! I tried this when it was out last year, and I don’t know if the ingredients have changed any, but I like this far more than I remember. And again, I’m enjoying the fact that I have enough of the leaves to make at least two more big mugs. Bravo!

When I first bought this tea I absolutely adored it – however now the almond taste I am getting from it tastes very artificial. It actually made me a bit sick to my stomach this time around.

OMG I love this. It is such a nice fall/winter taste. It’s like having marzipan in a cup just not as sweet. I can see me buying this one all winter. I always use boiling water in all my teas as I find I tend to steep them longer than they suggest and I want my tea to still be hot once the steeping is done. I’ve tried using the temps they recommend but then it’s always too cool when the steeping is done.

Boiling 8 min or more

MARZIPAN.

This tastes so much like a fruity delicious marzipan I can’t even handle it. The rooibos flavor I find is quite masked due to the many different flavorings going on, but I’m a true fan regardless. I will be hugely stocking up on this tea so I can have some forever.

However, if you do not like marzipan, stay away, you will not like it.

I tried this tea at DT’s today and then got it in my new travel mug. I loved the taste and look forward to picking up more!