Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Nuts, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Coconut, Marzipan, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Pecan, Pineapple, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Tropical, Walnut, Stonefruits, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Rose, Cranberry, Pastries, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Ginger, Earth, Butter, Cream, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Sipdown! (158) I’m especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it’s time to clear it out. Sure, I didn’t open the bag up until a month or so again so it...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one’s getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I’m tired and it’s time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it’s one of the mistakes I made where I...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea’s back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 513 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

YUMMY!! I wonder what Bubbie’s Baklava is like because to me, this tastes like baklava! Almond, rose, honey, very buttery… everything is there. I drink this as a latte with eggnog and milk and it’s just delicious. I’m definitely buying another 100g tin of this tea… And I’ll probably try Bubbie’s Baklava to compare.

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Rose

This one sure took me on a roller coaster ride. Every sip of my first cup was filled with warm roasted almonds and comforting spices. However, the last couple cups fell a little flat. Where did the almonds go? At least the rooibos base consistently behaved well. No woodsy base notes to be found. It makes a decent caffeine-free cup with light cream but overall I won’t bother with it again.

Steak, Brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes = a mega stuffed moi! Looking forward to trying out some more tea tonight.

Kittenna

Ooh, darn. I forgot about this one. I used to LOVE it and bought 100g, but then the love died… and I barely touch it. I think one 50g bag isn’t even open. I hope the coconut is ok :/ It’s nearly 3 years old at this point.

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, let’s hope you don’t have a rancid mess on your hands. :/ How many times have I bought a larger amount of something only to get sick of it so soon. Sigh.

Kittenna

I’ve been a lot better quantity-wise lately. My biggest mistake was buying like, 8 oz. of 52teas’ Chocolate Malt Mate, or whatever it is. Yikes. I never ever drink that anymore.

Tea of the month, finally got around to tasting it. I was worried it would be way to sweet, but I was surprised. Always lovely to have a caffeine-free and sugar free tea. This is a rooibos blend that smells like sweet marzipan and spice, with a little bit of apple tartness. The aftertaste is super creamy, almost coconutty. This is a nice alternative to the various chais and super fruity herbals out this time of year, and it’s not too sweet, even when steeped for hours. The red medicine rooibos flavor is mild and works well with the strong almond. It is definitely like a nutty, marzipan apple cake in a cup. So glad I tried it!

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cinnamon, Coconut, Cream, Marzipan, Rooibos

It’s starting to be chilly in the mornings (although still warming up in the afternoon), and I thought this tea would hit the spot. I guess I haven’t rated it before, but this is hardly my first time drinking it. I’ve discovered over time that I’m not the biggest rooibos fan, but there is enough in this tea to cover the base. I do like the fruity and coconut of the tea…a nice pick-me-up, although there’s no caffeine.

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Pass the Stash TTB #17

Almonds are my first love. And this tea is wonderfully almondy. Though there are some aftertastes that I am less than thrilled with (oh, hey, look there’s ginger in the ingredient list) but for the most part I’m enjoying this. I wish there was some added depth in flavor though – maybe something to add some creaminess or sweetness. Mmm.

Flavors: Almond

I sampled this in store today. It was okay, but really made no impression on me. It just tasted kind of weak and generic? I was expecting much more, since I’ve ready lots of good reviews of it.

Kicking myself for not buying a full tin of this, as it’s a winter seasonal. Really, really tasty. And it would be really good as an ice tea as well. Like gourmet fruit punch for adults. Great dessert tea and decaf so I can have it late at night. Really just makes you physically smack your lips, it’s so good. It’s on the sweet side of what I normally like so I brew it a little weaker than most herbals. Very distinct tastes within the tea.

Making the last of this in a large pot to chill, later.

Steepster seems to be doing ok now, so I guess I’ll tackle some of my queue. I was gonna try and do that a few days ago, but server problems and what not. It’s gotten a bit unruly now and needs some work. I wont be able to finish it all though; I have a first date today (at DAVIDsTEA) and will need to get ready for that at some point, and then will be out for the evening…

So this was cold brewed, just to try it a different way. It had very strong “punchy” notes of Rose, Marzipan, Almond, and Coconut and then much milder notes of apple and cinnamon. It was still really tasty, but came off as more artificial and perfume-y than it had hot. Odd; usually the reverse is true with temperature?

So probably going to stick with hot tea for the last of this one.

PS. Steepster Chat people are crazy distracting! I’m trying to write stuff, guys!

Starfevre

I don’t have chat turned on because I’m supposed to be working and people can see my screen. :(

Sooo good! Such a good bedside tea. Prefect for book reading or television watching! A bit tangy but not overpowering.

1 tsp