Alpine Punch

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1617 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2225 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 450 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Depending on my mood, this is either the perfect tea or a glass of warm water. I mostly had it in spring, though, so I imagine trying it again in winter will be just the thing. Like curling up with a heavily-bearded Swiss lumberjack. Yes siree.

Alpine Punch is probably one of my favorite of this winter collection! It is a rooibos tea and has coconut, apple, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossom petals and almonds.

It has just the right amount of spice and sweetness, I craved it all the time! I was stunned to find flower petals in my tea, and it fascinated me and I went ranting to my friends about the petals!

I would love to buy more of this,

I received this tea as a sample. The ingredients all sounded great. It smelled alright. When I steeped it, it smelled kind of fake. Someone else commented that it was like amaretto. I enjoy amaretto but this was awful. I ended up pouring out the rest of my cup, which I never do. The flavors were artificial to me…so much to the point it was making me feel sick. I am glad I received this as a sample. Won’t be purchasing.

Tasty. I find because of the black pepper I am unable to drink this tea if my throat is bothering me or it makes it worse.

Amazing as a latte as well.

Boiling

I was recommended this tea by some friends. I’m really starting to question my friendships (just kidding).

Again, I have this love-hate thing with rooibos. It can be used to blend teas really well (ie. super ginger, coco chai rooibos are some of my favourite teas on the planet) or it can just come across as woody and unpleasant. Alpine Punch does have this woody note, but luckily it is masked by other flavours in the tea. If I were to describe the flavour, it is nutty fruit punch. It sounds terrible, but it’s not bad. I can see why people enjoy it. For me though, it’s just not permanent collection worthy. I’ll gladly finish my sample and be done with it.

Came as a sample with a David’s Tea order. Not bad. Not too subtle and tastes a bit like it smells — flowery.

This tea was so familiar to me and I couldn’t figure out why….I read through the comments here and someone mentioned this was similiar to Teavana’s “Cha Yen Thai” black tea. Yes – that’s it! I drank that tea frequently a few years ago. I’m happy to find something similar in a rooibos blend.

Another rooibos that I wasn’t sure of what I would think of it. I picked this up as well in the Winter Tea Collection and had it as the one tea of the five that I wouldn’t particularly buy if it wasn’t for it being apart of the collection. I steeped this tea for the first time with a few friends that were up to trying this flavoured rooibos and was pleasantly surprised. The title of this tea is sort of misleading as everyone I drank it with described it as tasting like a red freezie in those sort of 8×1 packs we had had when we were little. Delicious tea, definitely a re-buy

This tea smells amazing when brewed, reminds me of amaretto. In fact, next time I’m going to experiment and add amaretto!
Delicious rooibos, lots of cinammon, ginger, and almond flavour. I can also smell a hint of floral.

Quick note: The cherry medicinal taste was a bit much imo