Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Apple, Nutty, Coconut, Rooibos, Cinnamon, Butter, Rose, Cream, Marzipan, Nuts, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea at DT’s today and then got it in my new travel mug. I loved the taste and look forward to picking up more!

I love this tea!!! It smell like amaretto, but once steeped it’s even better. The best flavored tea I tried. I will order more soon, before it will go away!

This is a great tea. Tastes lighter than the traditional cakey and caramel flavoured teas around this time and it’s a nice change, yet still richly flavoured. I really didn’t think coconut would make me think a wintery tea but this works. I like :)

Tried this as a sample today in store. It was really oddly creamy, which I wasn’t expecting. I guess I got a lot of the coconut notes. Overall not bad, I suppose.

I’m on my second steep of this as today’s daily tea at work. I have to say, after adding this tea to the pile I’ve tried, Rooibos is DEFINITELY my thing! I always seem to love them.

This one is smooth and fruity (although not overly so), nutty (although nto overly so), sweet (although not overly so), and has a spiciness to it (although… guess what.. not overly so) and with just a touch of creaminess.

So basically, it’s a great all around tea, that doesn’t bash you in the head with any of its flavours, but holds them all in a delicate balance that is just lovely. =)

I cannot express my excitement about this tea. I really wish I could. It’s absolutely phenomenal, and my new favourite. I was hooked from the first sniff of the dry leaf, and from there on it got better and better.

The first time I tried it was as a latte, which I think is the ultimate way to make the best of its flavour. It tones down the fruitiness and sky-rockets the nuttiness, making it taste just like an almond cookie. It’s rooibos, so no sweetener necessary. I think that would ruin the subtle hints of the other ingredients. It’s best enjoyed piping hot, so I wouldn’t let this one get lukewarm. I’ve never been a rooibos fan but this tea seriously turned me – it’s so incredibly soothing! Sometimes I find caffeinated teas only make me feel colder in the long run (probably because caffeine’s a diuretic, ahem). Another great thing about it is that a few cups of it before bed actually help me sleep…unlike all of my other teas. This makes me want to try all the other rooibos teas on offer at DT! I had no idea it was so energizing and relaxing until I tried a good quality rooibos, not the supermarket crap I mistook for the real deal.

My beloved travel mug just broke (D:) so I sip a hot hot hot cup of this before I go outside into the chill and I’m perfectly warm. I’m completely in love.

Boiling 8 min or more

Depending on my mood, this is either the perfect tea or a glass of warm water. I mostly had it in spring, though, so I imagine trying it again in winter will be just the thing. Like curling up with a heavily-bearded Swiss lumberjack. Yes siree.

Alpine Punch is probably one of my favorite of this winter collection! It is a rooibos tea and has coconut, apple, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossom petals and almonds.

It has just the right amount of spice and sweetness, I craved it all the time! I was stunned to find flower petals in my tea, and it fascinated me and I went ranting to my friends about the petals!

I would love to buy more of this,

I received this tea as a sample. The ingredients all sounded great. It smelled alright. When I steeped it, it smelled kind of fake. Someone else commented that it was like amaretto. I enjoy amaretto but this was awful. I ended up pouring out the rest of my cup, which I never do. The flavors were artificial to me…so much to the point it was making me feel sick. I am glad I received this as a sample. Won’t be purchasing.

Tasty. I find because of the black pepper I am unable to drink this tea if my throat is bothering me or it makes it worse.

Amazing as a latte as well.

Boiling