Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Almond, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Butter, Rose, Apple, Coconut, Cream, Marzipan, Nuts, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Quick note: The cherry medicinal taste was a bit much imo

This tea smells and tastes great! Also, it really does have the warming effect it is supposed to have, whether it’s just a placebo on my part is undetermined but its provides me a slight feeling of warmth and haapiness, and it’s just overall a delicious feel good tea. The first smell is a spiced almost fruity gentle fragrance. Steeped, it’s a nice mellow colour and tastes pretty good! I do not like strong spice by any means AT ALL, but this is gently spiced and well blended for a great causal sipping moment. Highly reccommended & caffeine free, great for any time!

Like a slightly fruit amaretto tea cup! Absolutely delish.

I keep referring to Alpine Punch as “the Rooibos I’ve been waiting for.” That sounds so cheesy but I really can’t think of a better way to describe how I feel about this tea. I have been searching long and hard for a fruity Rooibos that doesn’t smell or taste like candy and this one finally came through for me. Just enough cinnamon to make it interesting. It steeps just as strong as it smells. I prefer it hot to iced, but with a little agave it makes a lovely cold drink as well. Something about this tea makes it exactly perfect in every way. Caffeine free, comforting, exciting, fruity, and just the right amount of sweet. Perfect for evenings when you can’t have caffeine but still want something strong. Delicious!

Really tasty and fragrant, layer upon layer of complex flavor. I could drink it all day.

I grab a batch of this every year—it’s so easy to drink. That scratchy, woody rooibos flavour is drowned out by all the stuff that’s in this blend, and as I’m forever and always looking for caffeine-free blends, this is right up my alley. Not to mention my weakness for marzipan-ish teas (it’s my mission to find a GREAT almond tea, just as it’s my mission to find the perfect chai). Anyway, I only grabbed 25g of this when I was in store, but I’ll probably grab more when I put in an online order. So tasty, and the scent alone is worth its weight in gold.

Oh. AND! I opened my front door this morning and DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNN. My sister sent me an advent calendar. It is glorious, though fragile, and it’s sitting on top of my counter right now, being really, really, ridiculously good looking.

This is the way you wish marzipan fruit tasted: almondy AND fruity. It is faintly spiced as well, making it taste like a decadant fruit punch. It is a little flat and one-note, but it is nice for an afternoon pick-me-up.

Rooibos.
This is amazing.

I bought this right before Christmas, and it was absolutely perfect infront of the Christmas tree and fire.
There is nothing else like sitting down like this, watching your favourite program, or reading a book.

You get that classic rooibos taste (if you know what I mean :P) plus the other ingredients in it that makes you feel like you are you took a breath of fresh air.
Please don’t get confused, this is not like peppermint, it just has a perfectly sharp, clean taste.

Can’t remember every detail :P
but always a favourite!!!

One of my favourite winter teas, for sure. The dry aroma is astoundingly strong, and when steeped it is toned down just enough so that the taste isn’t overwhelming. Just lovely!