Alpine Punch

Rooibos Tea
Almond, Apple, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Rooibos, Rose Petals
Nuts, Cinnamon, Coconut, Peppercorn
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Sipdown! (158) I'm especially happy to finish this one as I bought it last February and it's time to clear it out. Sure, I didn't open the bag up until a month or so again so it was fresh but...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Yum. This one's getting bedside-table-chilling treatment, as I'm tired and it's time to sleep. Although I still enjoy this one, it's one of the mistakes I made where I purchased 100g because oh my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2387 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so when i read VariaTea's back log about mint to be, I was like hell no am I missing out on this shiz. So after a delightful supper of a grilled cheese sandwich and alphageti (mmm so...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

High altitude taste

Have you heard of the barbegazi? According to Swiss lore, they are a group of furry little men that live high in the Alps. They are known for their long, icy beards and enormous feet, which they use to ski down hills and surf on avalanches. But how do they stay warm up in the frozen mountains all year round? We like to think it’s with a fortifying brew like this almond-scented rooibos, with apple, cinnamon, and ginger. If you see some very big footprints next time you’re out hiking, follow them to the barbegazi’s cave and see if they offer you a cup. Limited edition.

Ingredients: Rooibos, coconut chips and rasps, apple pieces, cinnamon pieces, ginger bits, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almond flakes, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Tree nuts and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

One of my favourite winter teas, for sure. The dry aroma is astoundingly strong, and when steeped it is toned down just enough so that the taste isn’t overwhelming. Just lovely!

A perfect tea for Christmas time as it smells AND tastes exactly like Christmas stolen; a family brunch-time tradition. It’s very sweet so it’s a nice tea to have if I have a sweet tooth. However, because of it’s sweetness its not a tea I could drink more than a cup of at once.

This tea’s scent will never fail to remind me of cough syrup. Thankfully, it doesn’t taste as much like it. Still a few hints (I blame the ginger and the slight sweetness) but… much better in taste than cough syrup.
It gave me the same feeling as it did in the past, but I found that while I liked it, I didn’t love it at all, thus the lower score.

I loved the almondy notes in this tea, and it has some chai tea spice with the cardamom. It’s my favourite of the christmas collection.

if i didn’t know this was rooibos i wouldn’t think it was. no rooibos flavour (which i like, but sometimes it’s overpowering) but VERY much almonds, hint of coconut, apple… tastes as good as it smells and as the sales associate pointed out, it “tastes like a sweater in a cup”

this is a perfect after sled/ski/snowboard kind of tea and it definitely found a permanent place in my collection.